EverQuote

Working at EverQuote: 28 Reviews

United States28 reviews

companyworkmanagementbenefitworkingpeoplesalegood

Toxic Work Environment

Initially was sold that working with the company wouldn't be too salesy & I would be making a difference in clients' lives, however, that wasn't the case. It was a very stressful environment, especially during OEP when our managers kept pushing X number of sales a day, and nothing was ever good enough. I developed insomnia and was constantly stressed out while working there. I did have a wonderful group of teammates who were one of the reasons I stayed as long as I did.

Pros

Full benefits immediately, great team, compensation

Cons

Short breaks, nonexistent work-life balance

Managers only care about money

They do not treat you like people, just money makers, no matter what they tell you. They do not care about the clients as long as you make a sale even if it would not help them or if the policy would take more from the client. The head manager told us to lie to get clients to buy plans and feel like they know us

Cons

Short breaks, bad management

EverQuote insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Really a bad company

This company is constantly changing. Once you get ahead in sales a new obstacle is thrown your way so instead of getting rewarded, they make it harder to hit commission

Keep looking

Everquote for lack of a better word is a dictatorship. They do not care about quality policies, they just want volume and encourage you to steal your coworkers lead to get it. They gaslight you and do not offer proper training. Recently decreased everyone’s pay/benefits and increased the workload. Do not work here if you can help it

Keep looking!

Tons of changes straight out of training. They recently changed to a new compensation plan which has one working harder but for less pay. Keep searching. Training is subpar at best.

Pros

Holidays off

Cons

Everything else

Free food.

The people I worked with on a daily basis were very nonchalant and didn't really give you answers you can use to perform your job. You had to figure it out as you go, and they prefer that instead of showing you. That was their way of saying they didn't know how to show you. Although there were a few good people, it just took that one bad manager who was highly inappropriate and very unprofessional to push me away to other opportunities that CAN give me the tools to be successful in sales. Management just wants to keep everything going and go with the flow, instead of addressing the real issues. They hire people that will not notice how awful they are in treating others. I barely asked two questions during training and when I did ask a question, they jumped all over me trying to shut me up, instead of answering the question. Then, I dealt with other trainers telling me that they value people like me, because I actually ask questions. The reality is there was no place for me there. I resigned because of how little they cared about my future, and because that one manager didn't want to be a decent human being.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Management is unavailable especially if they don't like you, constant hassling from other management to do parts of the job that were never discussed, expectations are never communicated, constant lying and then backstabbing

Don't Value Employees at all

Working at Everquote, you are seen as disposable, so they don't care what happens to you. No matter what happens in your personal life, you aren't going to get any slack from management, or even an ounce of concern from your manager.

Great place for data-driven people to thrive

Data is at your fingertips. Smart coworkers. Old technology with a lot of tech debt getting paid down right now. Not the most consumer focused company but is inching there with time.

Easy going enviroment.

I would like to start with, Everquote has defintely helped me achieve some of my career related goals. Awesome management and their very understanding with work and personal life balance.

Pros

flexible schedule, free coffee, good compensation

Cons

desk job, straining on the back

Easy going company to work for

Working on the phones definitely takes its toll on you. The company definitely helps to make sure you get to where you're going and that you have everything you need to succeed.

Pros

Work from home, commission structure, office environment

Cons

Short breaks, desk job so gets tiring some days

Even with the company growing, during period of change EQ is very transparent and informative.The company and management trust in the experience of its staff, allowing autonomous working and the execution of ideas and initiatives. Looking forward to achieving so much here!

Productive & Fun workplace!

The culture at EverQuote is AMAZING! It's a super diverse company with MANY MANY opportunities for growth. You also won't be disappointed with their benefits package!

Organized and well managed

I started for everquote a few months ago and it’s been nothing but great. Very organized and communication is very well. We get emails and meetings all week for Q&A with management and CEOs. I never feel in the dark. Benefits are great here, time off is wonderful, pay and commission is awesome too. 10/10!!!

Too disorganized

Seriously, very unorganized management. They literally only care about the MONEY. If you enjoy helping clients and not pushing them to buy to products they don't want or need, don't join this team. The best part about this job is a hefty benefits and compensation plan. The hardest part bout this job is management makes it hard to succeed. Management will completely rush through training and try to push you to get on the phones without proper training. They have an extremely high turn over rate and don't care about a work/ life balance. A typically day at work is slow, rude clients/hang-ups, and inexperienced management.

Pros

Work from home, Benefits

Cons

Culture, Leadership, Management

Could use improving

There needs to be more communication throughout the department between management and employees. Things are constantly changing and everyone finds out last minute.

Work from home

Started working for Everquote in September 2020 selling Life Insurance, business began to slow down in the beginning of November 2020 . My team lead explained that there was another opportunity to make more money selling health insurance. On a Friday afternoon at 5:30 I was told to obtain my Health Insurance license by the following Tuesday. I obtained my health license that Wednesday and was let go.

Pros

work from home

Trash

Just bye! 5he company has many areas of growth. They could be so much better but they are not. Not everyone is like that. Can't wait to see the improvements.

Used to be interesting, but has degenerated into bland corporate culture

The company used to be an interesting and exciting place to work.However, management changes over the past 1-1.5 years are slowing transforming it into an "Office Space" clone. Most innovative people have left and the company, as there is very little room for exciting work or meaningful career advancement.

Easy

Easiest job I ever had. If you can read you can do this. Consists of back to back incomming calls and a script to read. No cold calling. Wish they paid more.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Nothing to think about

Not an honest company...

Not a good outfit... Don't sell for these people... really want you to obtain licenses at your expense and then don't follow through..Very age discriminatory... Higher up don't know what they are doing...

This company is a scam

Around 2/3 of Everquote's leads that they sell are remarketed/outdated, and useless. Everquote also has been known to target unknowing elderly and non-tech savvy users to exploit their lack of awareness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EverQuote. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits