Eversource Energy
58Below average

Eversource Energy Employee Reviews

United States303 reviews
As a contractor I did not have to work storm duty but regular employees to some this was not a good aspect

Good company with a service everyone needs
Very political, my whole team had so much turnover. I actually met newly hired resources that would resign after their first few days of working here. In all my experiences in my professional career, I have never heard so many resources state "I have never worked somewhere so disorganized/poorly managed" (we worked in the IT dept). My manager quit, my lead quit, other teams leads were fired. I have worked in companies with political cultures, but one where everyone is confused and no one is happy is not a great place to work. Overall, a pretty bad experience if you are going into IT here.
Great Learning Experience working with different business and technology groups, Good exposure both business and technology world. Overall a Decent work environment.
It’s a great company to work for and I love working with ever source it’s one of the best jobs I ever had in all of my years of working thank you ever source for hiring me
Great company and friendly culture and a flexible schedule. Each project is different and you develop different skills during each phase. The pay is good too
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Eversource talks diversity, but its just a slogan on a poster. Tokens are hired and promoted but older workers are not respected. HR doesn't want to get involved. Managers will climb up the ladder on your back. No educational support for non-traditional employees.
Management, supervisors and co workers are amazing! Life work balance is amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to work. The learning and training provided is very informative.
Wonderful culture and autonomy in an area of focus that was still new to the company. Worked remotely and collaboratively on a very smart and creative team who were easy to work with and made working that much more enjoyable. Management was great with allowing creativity freedom and trust while keeping the team feel close by doing semi-weekly team collaborative exercises. This was one of my best experiences working remotely. I also learned a lot from my co-workers as Eversource hires very talented people.
The money is really good. But the work is stressful and honestly it’s like you’re a slave to the company

Be prepared to stay late and show up on your days off unexpectedly. There are tons of little rules and micromanaging that make going into work dreadful. Think being timed on your restroom breaks.

If you can put up with this work environment for the paycheck it may be worth it to you
The employees at Eversource get a ton of work done in a day, they set very high goals for themselves and deliver. Most people don't get to see what it takes behind the scenes but customer should know it takes a tremendous amount of dedication to keep the lights on for them.
Pros
Great sense of purpose and belonging to the community
Cons
frustrations from an aging infrastructure you have to work with every day
The 1st 6 months are ideal, then down hill monthly! Most disagreements will not be address in a professional way. Asked questions during interviews to address culture. Verify that change is on the horizon!
I get to work with great people , enjoy learning something new everyday . Hardest part of job is that the turnover is huge, so new people all the time
Working independently, in a quiet office setting. A lot of different offices to work in. Suggest working in a larger office with more of a community baed work culture.
Terrible communication, The company feels they own the workers. No consideration of family needs. Everything is about production. Very little OTJ training, Everything is taught in computer modules.
Management is very concerned with maximizing profits for high level annual bonuses. No storm pay. Objective: Minimize direct employees and overload salaried staff.
Don't take a contract position with Eversource. They'll let you go without blinking twice. The Group where only cares for themselves. Manual team will give you a very hard time about sharing info for automation.
The management preaches safety but will not give you the equipment or help to accomplish it and then will blame you if you make a mistake. The new management does not know how to do the work so they ask other new supervisors how they think it gets done and then give you 1/2 to 2/3 of what you need and then blame you for not accomplishing the job. They then take credit for cutting costs. The new hiring method is to hire persons with a license but no experience and say they are fully qualified and knowledgeable. Then take a bonus for cutting costs. When you make a mistake, you are fired and replaced.
4 stars - Lost some luster when Massachusetts people started taking over.
Nice mix of travel thru state and office work. Cafeteria was pretty good. Tech seminars offered.
Eversource is a solid company. The company takes a long time to make decisions and enact change. This is both good and bad. The company is a construction company first and foremost. All other areas of the company are there to support the construction group.
I don't feel this company cares about the people that work the hardest to make things work. From the management level up to the CEO, it's all for them. The middle and lower employees don't get rewarded or recognized for the hard work and dedication they have for the company.
The utility business is a very unique sector to work for. Most of our employees are also customers of Eversource's products: gas, electric and/or water, which I feel sets us apart from other employers because are not just selling it. Customer support can certainly be challenging. We are only liked when there is no outage.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eversource Energy. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.