Eversource Energy Employee Reviews

Professional and Rewarding Work
Nuclear Technical Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJanuary 17, 2019
Eversource is a great place to work and feel that you are contributing to something very important. This means the work is rewarding and who does not want to feel that every day? All are treated fairly with respect positive comments are made when appropriate.
Pros
Professional and respectful leadership team
Cons
None.
CIC Supervisor (Customer Resolutions Team) (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 14, 2019
I love it here, it is like my 2nd family. The work is fast paced and sometimes intense. The company is very flexible and the opportunities are endless.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours
Cons
Having to work during storms.
Fast Pace Environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Berlin CTNovember 26, 2018
Great working environment - coworkers are pleasant. Fast paced working environment for day to day activities. Flexible working hours as a contractor (paid hourly). Always possible to advance within the company -- as long as you look for the opportunity.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
No time paid off; 30 day unpaid tenure break from the company every 2 years
Friendly and supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 18, 2018
We work hard at Eversource. I have found the culture to be friendly and supportive. There is mandatory overtime, but when a storm comes, all hands are on deck, including managers. We have a team attitude to simply get the job done for the customers, whatever time it takes.
Pros
great insurance benefits, good salary, fast paced
Cons
if you don't won't overtime, then don't apply
Need Training with older/knowledgable workers before they retire
Utility worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2018
Good Company to work for along with Union negotiating contracts on our behalf. Need minimum staffing, older /experienced workforce will be retiring in next 5 years, need to get as much experience working with these workers. Company doesn't see the urgency. I don't want to see contractors doing my job because there not training us with experienced workers.
great place to work
Electrician/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTNovember 8, 2018
This was also a great place to work, still trying to get into there as a regular employee. Hard place to get a full time job. Pay was good and work was as expected.
Pros
great people
Cons
not a full time job
Changing atmosphere constantly.
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2018
Eversource has growing pains , with the amount of upgrades coming up and not enough employees to cover it. They do use outside contractors but again not enough to cover what they need done.
Pros
They have a lot of upgrades coming
Cons
To many task for one person
great place to work
Training Coordinator - Fossil/Hydro Production (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTNovember 3, 2018
Enjoyed working there, treated me fairly in all aspects of work and retirement. Fellow workers made work enjoyable, traveling to different states (CT, MA, NH) was part of the job I enjoyed.
Pros
Provided watever was needed to perform job
Fine
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 26, 2018
Hard work. Little trust and respect. All employees are slaves to Senior Management . Poor Directors, and very little credit for unrealistic expectations. Very little chance of advancing within the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic work environment
Great place to work.
Senior Business Analyst / Programmer (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTOctober 8, 2018
I truly loved my job. I learned a lot, worked very independently. Part of the team and my work was highly respected and trusted.
I enjoyed going to work everyday.
personal and professional interactions were encouraged
Customer Service Representative/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 3, 2018
Working at Eversource was as enjoyable as it was challenging. Management encouraged, supported and celebrated personal and professional accomplishments. Team and individual productivity achieved above and beyond dept expectations were always acknowledged and appreciated by supervision.
Pros
diverse work environment
Cons
long commute
na
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CREDIT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 27, 2018
Good place to work, and to be given opportunities for growth professionally. The company itself treats their employees very well pertaining to compensation, vacation, and benefits.
Working for Eversource was a great learning experience as well.
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
Eversource provided me with a great learning experience that will help me as I venture into the Criminal Justice Field. I learned many new things and had great experiences while working here.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No benefits
great company
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTSeptember 20, 2018
Lots of different tasks , busy day, learn a lot of different aspects of the business and deal with outside contractors as well. lots of great people and groups to belong to and part of the community
Review
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Everyday entails of same routine. I am happy with my job here but I want more room for growth. I have been working the same position for almost 2 years and feel that it is time to seek another opportunity.
good
Distribution System Operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 19, 2018
good palce to work i rally like the control room atmosphere and the benefits. They are very generous with bonuses and other ways to compensate their employees.
Pros
pay
Great company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTAugust 27, 2018
Great company, with job security, educational resources and opportunity to grow. Lots of resources and community outreach. Employees never leave, great benefits.
benefits
Regulated company - old school, wants to do new things but
Meeting and Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 21, 2018
"Because it has always been done this way" mentality
Energy Efficiency was a very different type of business for company which was fun but also constantly challenged the norm.

Storm duty assignments provided opportunity to meet new people, but took a lot of time away from 'normal' job. Not all roles were the same, which caused challenges.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor management at the 'low end'
good job but...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2018
too many silos; each department does its own thing; no common mission; there is lots of work and when there are storms you must work. Last winter, lots of people worked 100 hours one week and 120 hours the next to respond to the outages.
Not a good place
Distributed Generation Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hadley, MAAugust 6, 2018
Very slow placement. Not offered a job after 2 years. Still in the same position with no raises. They don't check on you to see your progress and no direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eversource Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight