Everything But The House (EBTH) Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Avoid
Photographer (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreSeptember 18, 2018
Great business idea. Good people, mostly. Compensation is very low. Expect to deal with dirty stinky houses (no-no if you have allergies). To be frank, sometimes you meet nice people in nice houses. Think twice if you are not excited about idea to dig through someone else's old stuff, like old Christmas toys, furniture, tools... On the other hand, it's another job, yes, it is nothing special, but they pay regularly.
Pros
Mostly nice people
Cons
Low pay. Too often you'll have to touch stinky greasy things...
After the layoffs, employees were warned to "abandon ship" by upper management....
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 16, 2018
This place sucks. First of all whoever still wanted to work here after the bug layoff is tripping.... I currently have 3 managers none of which make any effort to communicate any of the happenings that involve me. HR is a HUGE joke. No pay increases or annual review system in place and don't hold your breath if you're still waiting. At the moment they've been sending people home halfway through the work day due to lack of work but somehow still call for open interviews....my only assumption is so they don't get caught with their pants down once all the regular employees get fed up and leave. Also don't believe the salary they put here on indeed, someone should really report it it's such an outlandish lie.
Pros
Everyone sleeps together? You can really avoid work if you try hard enough.
Cons
Not vegetarian friendly. $12 hour rate forever. Management is clueless. Constant downsizing.
Look the other way
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Its pure GARBAGE. Dont recommend to anybody. If you do see them hiring just look the other way so many other places hiring they don't care. The pay is trash you start at 12 and 1 year or even 10 years later still at 12 an hour. They expect quality work but give you the worst and I mean the worst material ever but to sum it all up its a pretty bad job.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Worked me to death
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CentenniaAugust 11, 2018
They really busted me up and forced me to work very long hours forever and ever. they really just wanted to make a lot of money without even caring about how people were living and it was sad.
changed course every two weeks, poor management
Cataloger/Estate Sale Specialist Researched (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
they expanded too quickly, never enough training, often not enough help, unrealistic expectations, no supplies, very weak management, not interested in internal advancements, treated employees very badly.
Pros
great colleagues with wide knowledge and interesting life experiences
Cons
low pay, very high expectations, poor working conditions, very poor management
Don’t waste your time.
IT (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2018
Awful company to work for. Leadership is not qualified to do their jobs period.

Be prepared to work like there’s no tomorrow, and not be recognized or rewarded.

Crazy low pay.

How is this company still standing?
Pros
Cons
Terrible “benefits”
Good Bad and the Ugly
cataloger (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2018
You must take everything with a grain of salt or you will be stressed out everyday. If you don't do well with a set schedule this place is really great for making your own hours (they understand there are early bird and night owls).
A lot of negative rumors are going around all the time, but that is true of a lot of places.
If you're an independent worker its a good company, however, with the downsizing and system turn around its a stressful time.
Management is changing a lot of things with lack of communicating with anyone else. Hopefully the company makes it through this transitional time because we do work to help people going through difficult times and that's why I liked the job in the first place.
Pros
Make your own schedule, helping your clients
Cons
negative work atmosphere, company in trouble
Adaptability is key
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 20, 2018
Very fun company to work for, but they will add more to your responsibilities with zero increase in compensation or pay. Operational and process changes are made company wide every other week with little to no direction from leadership as to why changes were made. Little to no training, a lot of learning on the fly. Executive management was recently overhauled in significant downsizing of entire company. Many in leadership are out of touch with day to day operations and struggles. Many are quick to point fingers when something goes wrong without trying to understand the core issues behind failure(s).
Pros
Ability to work remotely, fun company, room for growth
Cons
Compensation is bottom of the barrel, almost no increase in salary/pay given
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2018
They don’t follow throught with what they say they are going to help with. They let people walk around and do nothing and they get paid. There is a lot favoritism.i It is all about the numbers. No commuciation
Great people to work with
Organizer, cataloger (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2018
EBTH was wonderful under the person who hired me. At the turn of the year, they brought in new management and the work environment changed entirely. They let go of people who had been there the longest and kept the people I helped train. I left the company due to no hours given to work.
Pros
Great and interesting people, interesting items to research.
Cons
New leadership treatment of employees.
Great Place, didn't want to leave
Senior Cataloger (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45242April 18, 2018
This was my dream job but unfortunately the company downsized and cut over half of its employees. If I could I would continue working there. If asked I would stay
Innovative and Fun Place To work
Sales Specialist Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2018
While I really loved my job, my co-workers and my GM, the position was a risk. The company changes direction with the weather. As a result, the job security was not there. People were laid off overnight without any warning. I enjoyed my work with the company and was able to build ROI, success and gain valuable experience in outside sales, business development and networking. I will miss working with the company and am crossing my fingers that they make a national come back.
Pros
Amazing Co-Workers, Incredible Business Development Experience, Fun Service
Cons
questionable job security
Bad management ruined a good concept
Estate Sale Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2018
I worked for ebth as an estate specialist and it was chaotic and disorganized at best. EBTH is not willing to pay enough to keep good workers especially in management, so the entire territory suffers by being led by people who don't know what they're doing. They will promise 40 hours a week "plus all the overtime you could want" but truthfully unless you're creative with your time you'll work closer to 30 hours a week. On top of that the pay is not nearly enough to compensate for driving all over the state, never having the supplies you need (because management doesn't order it) and often times having less than 24 hours notice of what the next days assignment will be. The job is fun because you get to dig through people's old stuff, but it's not what they sell you in the interviews
Pros
Fun job, meet interesting people
Cons
Low pay, bad management, no communication, unrealistic goals from corporate
Not what promised
Sales (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 5, 2018
Horrible management, no support for the operations team which directly impacts sales, promised great opportunities but actual compensation was terrible. Only a select few territories succeed
Pros
colleagues
Cons
compensation, bad leadership
Great Flexible Job with Lots of benefits
Product Photographer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2016
Great Job if you are looking to have a very flexible schedule and daily work place schedule. The salary is a little low in my opinion though.