EVgo

EVgo Employee Reviews

Nice work culture
The atmosphere at EVgo was pleasant. Everybody got along well and worked effectively with each other. Work days often went smooth. Management changed due to the company relocating and closing their Houston office. Aside from that entire transition and all that came with it, the overall time spent working there was great.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
Cons
Unexpected surges of work due to system failures
Many Intelligent People, very little direction or leadership
Management seemed disorganized in their goal setting. Workers were enthusiastic but often working in different directions. Catered Lunch on Mondays was great.
Affiliate Program
I was invited to be the lead manager for a public awareness campaign centered around an electric car solutions company named EvGo NRG. The evego company educated my team on the fundamentals of electric cars including various model capacity, charge options and their vision for infrastructure change for the Suburban D.C market. Since then my focus has been learning about alternative fuel types and energy storage technology. Discovering that the most essential tool necessary to proliferate the electric car market is the smart grid. This idea of a smart grid is adopted by a few leaders in technology. Siemens has shared its vision of the future in press releases/documentaries. Elon Musk has already began to install his vision through Tesla and Solarcity. Ngk is mainstreaming new Sodium Sulfur batteries. Compressed natural gas also has been proven reliable and efficient. However these new energies will have to be coordinated. As a student of this type of technology I am interested in learning consumer concerns as this technology advances.
Social trends could spurn adoption for the type of sharing that I believe is required to proliferate lateral energy grids. One thing having an Immediate impact to the consumer is the rising cost of transportation.
Pros
idk
Cons
n/a
Culture and management makes a big difference
Needs work, many people would have been retained had these been important factors. Condescending management with little room for opinions from non management.
Pioneering
At EVgo we were doing things that had never been done before. There was an execute, measure, evaluate and do over culture that was intellectually stimulating.
Pros
No rules. Intellectually challenging.
Cons
Progress was discouraging as a result of lower than forecast electric vehicle sales.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EVgo?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at EVgo. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3