eviCore healthcare Employee Reviews

Awesome
Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 14, 2019
Love it, great place to work. Good atmosphere, fast paced, yet the training provided and opportunity to grow is awesome! With all things, it has areas of improvement.
Most enjoyable part was helping patients get the much needed prior authorizations.
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2019
Training was adequate and prepared employees once they hit the floor. Updates to system issues were slow and when they did get them relaying the updates to employees was very confusing. There was much contradiction between supervisors and the correct solutions to problem solving. The operations manager who was promoted from WFM was clueless and did not have the correct skill set to manage people.
Pros
Services provide to patients for their health needs.
Cons
The Operations Manager and the Call Center Manger/CO, clueless
Awesome work environment
Non-Clinical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2019
I absolutely loved working at evicore. It is a great company to work for! The managers are awesome and the work atmosphere is fantastic! The customers and the training are also great!
Fast Pace
Phone Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2019
Great Company! Working in the healthcare field was a great experience for me. I enjoyed speaking to patients and having first call resolutions. You can learn a lot about the healthcare field if you have no experience.
February 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. The improvement of healthcare starts with eviCore's Non-Clinical Contact Center, the first point of contact for offices and providers. We believe in empowering our employees with the resources they need to reach their professional and personal goals. We are happy to hear your time with eviCore helped expand your career development in the healthcare industry.

Counter intuitive promotional culture
IT ASSET ANALYST (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 4, 2019
Promotes autonomy and empowerment however has restrictive policies that encourages external recruitment. Innovative constantly changing environment.
Stressful, overworked
Non-Clinical Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 4, 2019
I would get authorization for medical imaging procedures through the insurance companies. I would update patient information. I also was able to promote the company.
Pros
face paced
Cons
Poor management

Good company
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 22, 2019
Lots of remote employees. Great growing company & very nice people. I work WAY too many hours & don't have any where near enough time to complete my work.
culture is great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2019
a lot of unexpected changes. Company will do things without your knowledge and make last minute changes. It took the supervisors to care about the agents and not the actual company itself.
New Employee
PAC Case Administrator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 15, 2019
I am a new hire only been with the company a short time. I am what one would call a seasoned worker I left a company I was very dissatisfied with to come to evicore. I can already see this is the type of company I have always wanted to work for, work life balance is a big part of their culture made clear from day one in orientation. I have found everyone eager to assist and encourage you to succeed my coworkers are happy to be there the environment is positive and inclusive. I am excited I made the choice to join the team at evicore and look forward to becoming a long term member of that team.
Pros
Positive environment
February 11, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. eviCore's culture is centered around the four Principles: Empower, Commit, Connect, Support. We are glad to hear that the flexibility and guidance that you are experiencing is in keeping with our desire to empower and support each of our employees. We're so glad to hear that your experience at eviCore is so positive, and we are thankful for all that you do!

stressful fast paced
Records maintenance specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2019
stress full fast-paced work environment. Pay is not equal to the cost of living in Colorado. the cost of the benefits offered is too high for the level of medical coverage offered.
Pros
remote work opportunities
Cons
annual raises do not compensate for cost of living.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. eviCore is committed to empowering the improvement of healthcare. Our fast-paced, dynamic work environment ensures the 100 million + members we serve receive higher quality, lower cost healthcare.

Additionally, we'd like to thank you for sharing your concerns about compensation in the contact center. Our compensation philosophy is to provide market competitive pay and we continuously measure against market pay on an annual basis. As of December 2018, we've taken steps to adjust pay by each location’s market and introduced a competitive career path to give eligible team members a chance to be quickly promoted to higher positions with increased pay through successful individual performance.

Good Company Overall
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 10, 2019
eviCore Healthcare is a great company to work for. There is an emphasis on culture, employee development, and helping others. eviCore is consistently looking to improve and be better.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review! We agree, eviCore is a great place to work with friendly people and many opportunities for career growth, development, and advancement. We appreciate the part you play in realizing eviCore's mission to empower the improvement of healthcare and all you do for the organization.

not a good place
Team Lead/Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2019
find out that the people arent totally truthful with you i was hired at the company least than 60days my currect position was desolve and i was dropped down to a rep
Don't do it!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2019
This company is by far the most unethical I have ever worked for! They preach about how they love their employees but then backstab you any chance they get. Don't you dare get sick or have a disability! The amount of work you do (average 100 calls per day) and the pay is a joke! The medical benefits are too expensive. Management sits around and chit chats while you are busting your rear! And God forbid if you make a mistake...they love to coach you and write you up on a whim. You are watched and listened to constantly causing what I feel is a hostile work environment. And don't even think of using the restroom outside of your breaks!
Upper management is appalling. They smile to your face and talk behind your back.
Run away from this company!
January 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Recently, we implemented conformance as a new metric that encourages agents to take their fully allotted time for breaks and lunch while providing additional time for restroom and water breaks at each agent’s leisure. eviCore also updated its attendance policy to better align with its practices in managing unplanned absences. Specifically, a points-based system (which is common in contact center environments) was retired and new guidelines have been provided to team members and leaders for working with unplanned absences. Our attendance policy allows us to be flexible but firm.Additionally, each year we take steps to adjust pay by each location’s market to provide competitive compensation, including for 2019.

It is our goal to foster a company culture that empowers leaders to serve as resources for their employees. Supervisors are held responsible for giving constructive feedback and advice that will help improve employees’ performance to open up opportunities for their promotion and advancement. We are sorry you didn't have that experience, and are committed to making your experience better. We invite you to reach out to the People Resources Center directly to discuss your concerns.

Production Floor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 1, 2019
You cannot advance in this place unless you are a minority, homosexual, tattooed, dyed or at least part of the clique. Just look at our supervisory staff and it will backup my statement.
Pros
Free food on occasion
Cons
No advancement possibility
January 7, 2019

eviCore healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we take seriously any accusation of bullying or discrimination behavior in our workplace. It is our goal to foster a company culture that empowers leaders to serve as resources for their employees.

Any eviCore employee who believes that he or she has been the subject of discrimination or harassment (or who has reason to believe that someone else has been the subject of discrimination or harassment) must immediately notify Human Resources. Please reach out to our PeopleResource Center (PRC@evicore.com) or the eviCore EthicsPoint 24/7 phone line at 855-791-1347, if you wish to remain anonymous. Regardless of the outcome of any investigation, there will be no retaliation against any employee who reports actual or perceived discrimination.

Additionally, we'd like to thank you for sharing your concerns about career advancement in our Non-Clinical Contact Center. In recent years, we've taken steps to introduce a competitive career path to give eligible team members a chance to be quickly promoted to higher positions with increased pay through successful individual performance.

We are sorry to hear that your eviCore experience was not highly rated, and we are committed to doing better.

Must meet preset time goals
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 31, 2018
Managers walk around and talk to eachother all day when they are needed never to be found. Pay is below,standards. Co has changed hands 3x while I was their for 3 yrs. No compassion for employees but you better give it over the phone. They canceled my HI without notice then backdated the notice given to cover their butts. If you have to go ahead but this is just a stepping stone
Pros
You get your shift
Cons
Managers not availsblectp.ypu
January 7, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for sharing your concerns about compensation in the contact center. Our compensation philosophy is to provide market competitive pay and we continuously measure against market pay on an annual basis. In recent years we took steps to adjust pay by each location’s market and introduced a competitive career path to give eligible team members a chance to be quickly promoted to higher positions with increased pay through successful individual performance.

As you mentioned, there have been many changes in our organization over the past year. Throughout these changes, we have strived to provide a flexible and forgiving work environment. We are also making strides to empower our leaders to be excellent resources for employees. We're sorry this wasn't your experience and are committed to fixing it. Please feel free to reach out to the People Resources Center to discuss this issue further.

Employees are overworked
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 19, 2018
No real structure, training or guidelines to follow in certain departments. Employees are stretched too thin. They can’t complete their work due to way too many meetings per day and too many emails to read. All the knowledge is siloed in to one key resource per team.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Upper Management hard to work with, life/work balance
old job
Intake Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 19, 2018
Overall a good job if your willing to put in the time and effort. My team and managers were very fair and supportive of any new ideas and changes that would be make working easier/better.
lack of advancement
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 13, 2018
Day was pretty relaxing until the system crashed. I don't think management really cares about your advancement within the company. Management wants to change things on a daily basis when I don't feel they could complete the tasks themselves within the given time frame.
It's a Call Center
Customer Service/ Intake (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2018
But, it's an easy call center. You take incoming calls from doctor offices and read a list and the system either approves or disapproves the procedure they are ordering. (MRI"s CT's, etc) Sometimes it actually got kind of boring. But, over all it wasn't to bad! Hard to advance unless you are a favorite though!
Pros
Easy work, good benefits
Cons
Only 3 weeks of PTO first 5 years
December 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We agree, eviCore healthcare is a great place to work, and our benefits and culture are part of what makes it great.

Additionally, we pride ourselves on fostering our employees' growth through career paths and advancement opportunities. eviCore healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we take seriously any accusation of bullying or favoritism in our workplace. We are committed to making your experience better, and invite you to reach out to the People Resources Center directly so we can address this further.

this was the most stessful job i ever had
Non-Clinical Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 4, 2018
A work day at evicore includes being down talked on what you did or did not do. Nothing you do is good enough. They overhead is very disrespectful. This job had me with anxiety.
December 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. eviCore appreciates the hard work that our call center staff does everyday as they provide excellent customer service to our providers, enabling improved healthcare for our patients. We recognize that some calls can be stressful, and we value the work that goes into maintaining a calm, professional demeanor during those more difficult calls. eviCore strives to empower our leaders to act as advocates and resources for our employees. We are sorry to hear that you were not provided that experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eviCore healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at eviCore healthcare.

Powered by Comparably