EVINE Employee Reviews

broadcast department
Line Producer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 3, 2019
good opportunities to advance within the company.
must have flexible schedule, not a mon-fri 9-5 if you work in the broadcast department. production team, producers, and talent are all fun to work with.
A company that does not know how to be profitable
Samples Warehouse Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Evine is a company that doesn't know how to run itself, and expects non salary employees to supplement being cut early when business is bad, by using their own vacation hours.
Call Center Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 23, 2018
The solutions center is a great place to work. Yes, it gets a bit loud at times, but there are always contests and activities. The people who work there are generally happy and willing to help if you have a question.

Training was thorough and engaging. I felt ready to do my job the first time I got on the phone. My supervisor was awesome and encouraging. When I would make a mistake or have a bad review on a call, she didn't make it seem like the end of the world, and instead used it as a learning tool and a way to get better.

They offer work from home opportunities, if you have a quiet place to work at home. It was great for winter, I didn't have to leave the house to work if there was snow or ice.

The only real downside is that, at least when I was there, it was very short staffed on weekends. On some days, people would wait 20+ minutes to talk to someone in customer service (which by that time, the customer was very angry.) That is the one area where there needs improvement. Those days were so stressful for me, I even had actual panic attacks.
Pros
People, management, generous product discounts
Cons
Short staffing causing lots of angry customer due to long wait times.
Not enough pay for job requirements
Order Capture Agent (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 10, 2018
Not enough pay for job requirements, customers were treated as numbers only, get on and off phone a.s.a.p was the goal we had to reach and were docked if we spoke too long on the phone with the customer.
Inventory
Samples Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 27, 2018
Fun place to work and meet alot of ppl. Invertory manager nice and understanding. Very fast pace since it live TV. Have to make sure that items are return in the same matter as when they are checked out.
Friendly
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 4, 2018
The work environment is friendly and very clean. I am comfortable speaking with management and have been provided with opportunities to grow with the company.
Decent place to work
Returns Processor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 17, 2018
Evine is an ok place to work. Work time varies. They will work you 9 hours a day for 4 days then send you home early on Friday so you lose your overtime.
Very good place to work. Flexible hours, paid time off and good management
Inventory Control Specialist/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 8, 2018
Management and staff are excellent with communication and what needs to be done. Everyone is friendly, easy to learn different areas of the company. Great benefits as well.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
Shift switches.
Experienced Caring Mid Management/Strong work force
Sr. IT Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 19, 2018
Lot of tenure, lots of support, good friends in a stressful environment. Strong co-workers and job variety help support the stressful environment. Learning something everyday
Pros
Tenure, caring teams
Cons
24 X 7 high stress, always financially under the gun
Little work/life balance
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 26, 2018
It's a 24/7 company so work/life balance is hard to manage since shows you're responsible for could be at any time. It could be weekends, late nights or any time during the day.
Great place to work and loved working from hom.
At-Home Order Agent (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 15, 2018
I was able to train on site, then work from home. The supervisors were always available and ready to help! The products were great and the prices were better than other online shopping networks.
Run away if you have any integrity
on air support (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 21, 2018
horrible place to work. put my professional reputation at risk dealing with unscrupulousness vendors, employees that had no integrity just wanted a sale and co workers that stabbed you in the back . the lack of integrity was amazing. run away. cheated me out of several months of pay.
Pros
people in production were wonderful
Cons
management cheated me and integrity was horrible
lack of integrity and no oversight
merchandising and production support (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Was hard to work with vendors that tried to lie and the company had no integrity or even modicum of effort to help mediate some of the games that went on with vendors., employees and the production teams. people worked hard to pump put 24/7 production but fast paced left ample opportunity to skip the important control steps. accounting department is excellent and high integrity due to controller (not CFO) but legal has no integrity and just pushes things through. run away especially if your reputation is at stake
Pros
fast paced really good people
Cons
horrible vendors and diva
not a lot of choices
Baler Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 16, 2018
despite the place not requiring any real PPE and having friendly people, for one half of the year your working 60 plus hours and can't catch a break, the other half your wondering trying to look busy so they don't send you home early and you only get 20 hours but have to show up everyday anyway.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
unpredictable work schedule
Do not work here
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 9, 2018
Management is elitist. HR is sneaky and underhanded. You will have no support if you have your own ideas. The company as a whole is failing they just strive to cover it up.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management, Human Resources
Overview
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 30, 2018
Training was helpful in organizing and completing the sale in a timely manner. Rating calls under certain situations wasn't applied or considered due to high call volume or customer's whom did not understand or care about the shipping costs. Shipping items that were heavy and bulky cost customers too much money to send back. Unless the item was defective, the customer had to pay.
The culture was great around the holidays because many customer were just excited to spend freely for Christmas items. I enjoyed the free coffee and the lunch room with hot meals was a plus!! Christmas time giveaways were also a great idea!!!
Pros
Purchasing items you enjoy!!!
Cons
The unhappy customers
Laid off
Payments Specialist II Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 18, 2018
I was one of 25 people Laid off last august. I was the highest producing person on our team. I was the only single parent and the only one in the group that needed the job!
Returns putaway (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 13, 2018
Relaxed work environment. You have to meet a daily production number. Management works with you if you have family or an emergency. Hardest part of the job is meeting the Production number when you first start
Fun and family oriented
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work for, fun and active place to be,
understanding managers and supervisors.
Great people very respectful and encouraging team members.
Pros
Benefits and ability to move up in the company
Cons
No communication between leadership and employees
Interesting, if you don't get burnt out
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 6, 2017
Trust me, only come here if you can handle being at a computer for 8 hours with very little room to actually move. Also, attendance is kinda draconian. You're unapproved for any medical absences, no matter if a doctor signs off on it.