EVINE Management reviews

Do not apply. There is so much better out there.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 11, 2019
Sinking ship with revolving door of leadership. The current leadership group has questionable morales at best with no respect for employees (and even less for women). Do yourself a favor and keep looking... too many great companies in the two cities than to hitch yourself to this loser!
Run away fast & far
Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 9, 2019
There is no money to do anything meaningful. This company is failing, their leadership or lack there of is failing. Evine is full of lovely talented and passionate employees who do not have the autonomy to make business decisions that are supported by leadership.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Everything else
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 4, 2019
The training was stressful and not encouraging for a new employee .They would find something wrong with whatever task you were given and verbal abusive during coaching.Typical work day was a lot of inbound calls. High turnover rate keeping employees,
always getting new hires, they would say people are getting promoted which wasn't true , they were getting terminated instead.
Nothing seems to make sense
Packer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 13, 2019
It’s really not that bad of a job but in just a short time there I’ve realized management has no idea how to run the place. One week you’ll be lucky to get 25 hrs and get sent home early and the next week they have the whole place working overtime. It’s also irritating when your supervisors just bark out orders from their desks while they do next to nothing and play on their phones all the time (regular employees arent allowed to have phones on the floor). There seem to be way too many people in blue (management and supervisors wear blue) and you never see them doing anything. They do not come close to paying their employees enough for what they do. Every single day I see something that makes me scratch my head because it makes absolutely no sense. And they don’t seem to want to hire the good temps that come in and work their butt off and they end up quitting, seems like they would want to keep good help but management have their own ideas how to run things... into the ground
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Management seem clueless
Call Center Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 23, 2018
The solutions center is a great place to work. Yes, it gets a bit loud at times, but there are always contests and activities. The people who work there are generally happy and willing to help if you have a question.

Training was thorough and engaging. I felt ready to do my job the first time I got on the phone. My supervisor was awesome and encouraging. When I would make a mistake or have a bad review on a call, she didn't make it seem like the end of the world, and instead used it as a learning tool and a way to get better.

They offer work from home opportunities, if you have a quiet place to work at home. It was great for winter, I didn't have to leave the house to work if there was snow or ice.

The only real downside is that, at least when I was there, it was very short staffed on weekends. On some days, people would wait 20+ minutes to talk to someone in customer service (which by that time, the customer was very angry.) That is the one area where there needs improvement. Those days were so stressful for me, I even had actual panic attacks.
Pros
People, management, generous product discounts
Cons
Short staffing causing lots of angry customer due to long wait times.
Friendly
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 4, 2018
The work environment is friendly and very clean. I am comfortable speaking with management and have been provided with opportunities to grow with the company.
Very good place to work. Flexible hours, paid time off and good management
Inventory Control Specialist/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 8, 2018
Management and staff are excellent with communication and what needs to be done. Everyone is friendly, easy to learn different areas of the company. Great benefits as well.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
Shift switches.
Run away if you have any integrity
on air support (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 21, 2018
horrible place to work. put my professional reputation at risk dealing with unscrupulousness vendors, employees that had no integrity just wanted a sale and co workers that stabbed you in the back . the lack of integrity was amazing. run away. cheated me out of several months of pay.
Pros
people in production were wonderful
Cons
management cheated me and integrity was horrible
Do not work here
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 9, 2018
Management is elitist. HR is sneaky and underhanded. You will have no support if you have your own ideas. The company as a whole is failing they just strive to cover it up.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management, Human Resources
Returns putaway (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 13, 2018
Relaxed work environment. You have to meet a daily production number. Management works with you if you have family or an emergency. Hardest part of the job is meeting the Production number when you first start
Fun atmosphere to balance out the negativity from customer calls
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 20, 2017
Not all calls are a bad experience, but there will be calls from very unpleasant customers that may dismay you. I've learned to keep in mind that the customer is not angry with me, but in fact angry with the product/company and not to take it personal.
Management does not have effective communication. You can easily see and feel the tension between Management, Supervisors, to some Senior CS Representatives. Whether it's in their own leadership team or all together. The lack of communication starts from Management and trickles down effecting other leadership groups to have lack of communication with each other.
In general, the atmosphere is fun thanks to the Culture Committee Team and everyone being able to keep positive even in stressful situations.
There are quotas to meet. Competitions or "GAMES" are there to make meeting quota fun.
Pros
Lots of Potlucks, Company Happy Hours, and Cafe.
Cons
30 minute lunch break, short when you have to wait inside the cafe
horrible management and cut throat enviroment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 19, 2017
when I was working there some major changes were occurring and it was mass confusion and no one was doing anything but trying to play blame game thought you were doing a good job to finding out that maybe not.
Pros
Cons
alot
Flexible Place to work
Order Capture Agent (Current Employee) –  Lino Lakes, MNOctober 18, 2017
You schedule your own hours so it is a good job to have as a part time job and work from home.

Must have a computer at home and have a comfortable place to work.

Shifts are 1 hour

Management is is good
Job Review
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 17, 2017
The Inventory department requires one to be a problem solver, as some products tend to get mixed up and require consolidation and cycle counts. As long as the task at hand is done no higher level management will interfere with your work progress.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lack of appreciation for it's workers.
Productive and giving.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 2, 2017
Great place to work and you recieve your own desk. Management is very understanding and patient, and training options are available. I love working at Evine.
Not a good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 22, 2017
I would now recommend this job at all to anyone because management or supervisiors don't care about u it's all about the numbers & looking good for their boss. The leads & supervisor are rude & disrespectful. They don't ask u too do something, they tell u what they want u to do & don't wait for a reply from u.
It's doesn't matter if you speak up for yourself they will brush you off.
I have to many shift changes to tell you how many & it's not peek season.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
rude & disrepectful
Excellent benefits but poor management environment
Assistant Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 22, 2017
I don’t think that I have ever had better benefits than working at EVINE. However I cannot recommend this place a positive culture in which to work. They focus mostly on the negative in what you have done wrong with little feedback on how to improve beyond the initial criticism. There is no effort to work with you to better yourself and your positive actions will go largely unnoticed and un-praised. Expect to be watched by other employees closely, and for that feedback to reach your boss regularly. It is a somewhat cutthroat environment in which negative feedback of any kind can go a long way into getting you into trouble. Any attempts to push back against this feedback or criticism of any kind will be met with defensiveness and a tendency to push the problem back onto you and your performance. In some cases they punished employees though shifting schedules if they spoke up for their rights. All and all this was a very negative environment to work for.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor Management, Toxic Environment