Evolent Health Employee Reviews

Exciting Cullture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 15, 2019
Evolent Health has a mission that drives the company and it is apparent in the way they treat their employees.

Company is currently going through some reorganization but it shows their ability to pivot when necessary.
Exceptional but Not Predictable
DIRECTOR, PRACTICE OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 14, 2019
This is still a somewhat young company, meaning growth is rapid and sometimes overwhelming, and reductions happen, too. If you are entrepreneurial, want to do your very best work, love being heard even when your ideas might be unconventional, enjoy a positive culture that values the people doing the work, AND you have the constitution to deal with the flexes and bends of this type of company, it's as close to perfect as you can get. If you require lots of predictability or routine, you will not be happy here. Evolent is led by some of the best and brightest thinkers in the healthcare space so everything is progressive and forward-thinking. You won't be sitting still, especially if you are in leadership.
Pros
Extensive benefits, unlimited PTO for exempt employees, positive and reinforced culture/values, good pay structure, room to advance, passionate co-workers, ability to be creative and effective
Cons
Frequent quick pivots, not for those who need predictability or don't want to eagerly pursue the next thing
Great Place To Work
Training and Development, Trainer, Claims (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Great place to work. However, need to improve some of the enteral processes. No raise in 2019. First time this has happen. Good career advancement. Overall I satisfied.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
no pay increase in 2019
Good corporate culture, but rapid growth affecting employee benefits
PRODUCT TRAINER & CLINICAL EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2019
This has been a great work environment to grow in the last 2 years, but the rapid growth has cut into our company benefits in a negative way. hey have restructured our company benefits to the detriment of the employees and there is concern about a layoff due to our rapid growth
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
Loss of benefits due to too rapid growth.
Growing company still trying to figure out it's vision
Associate Director of Risk Adjustment (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 31, 2019
Evolent is a great company filled with very smart individuals. Yet despite that the company still struggles on building sustainable results. If the company was less top heavy and focused on developing it's current talent it would help generate innovation, and creativity that enables the company to take on projects with stronger ROI.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Top heavy leadership structure with little accountability
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 26, 2019
Evolent has been able to provide me a great job while allowing me to increase my professional career and learn more about the management and business side of the company
Work place environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TX 76021December 17, 2018
Evolent is a great place to work. It is one big supportive family! The workplace environment is fun! And it is a place of great opportunites and growth !
Excellent employer!
Market Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 5, 2018
The best company I've worked for in the health care industry thus far! The benefits are competitive. Leadership & my team are super collaborative and supportive, I highly recommend applying for a position with this company!
Pros
Telecommute, flexible work hours, 25 days PTO, great benefits, responsive & transparent leadership
Excellent manager!!
Senior HEDIS Over-reader (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 4, 2018
Manager was organized, friendly, and easy to work with. Enjoyed working for company. Training was well prepared and reference materials readily available.
fun place to work good benefits
Respond to member/provider/agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
great place to work good people to work for caring they are there if you have any problems changing schedule was no problem . very helpful in training classes
Pros
good employment
Cons
downtown chicago
Stressful low morale
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 7, 2018
If you have 2 job offers go opposite of Evolent. Don't be lured by the talk of insurance benefits and PTO, trust me that's all good until you are no longer a visitor you'll see how they really operate. Rudeness from team leaders, unwillingness to assist or properly educate. Trust me I could go on and on, make this your last option.
Pros
Pto, free soft drinks and coffee
Cons
Everything else
Politically driven company
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 1, 2018
There are some great people there but the company is ruined by wearing blinders to the evil self-motivated employees that lie to get ahead.
I would not recommend working here.
Pros
free soda
Cons
everything else
Great Place to Work!
Disease Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed my work, my team, and the culture. We had a multi-disciplinary team of professionals supporting our membership and health plan clients. The merger between Valence Health and Evolent Health went well and employees were taken care of. We were supported by passionate smart leaders and there were many opportunities to work on meaningful projects, which I highly enjoyed. I missed Valence Health, now Evolent Health and would go back in a heart-beat!
Pros
Flexible, passionate work, and supportive culture.
A Company with a Meaningful Mission
Vice President - Client Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Evolent is laser focused on facilitating change in healthcare. It is a bit of a turbulent ride as they grow exponentially, but I am confidant they will figure it out. It's a great team to be part of and work worth doing..
Workplace
Senior Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2018
ENvironment is unsupportive making it condusve the being a "free for all" when it comes to process. Staff is not knowledgeable about operations and not open to suggestions.
Once a great start-up, now too corporate
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 5, 2018
Was pleased when I started working at Evolent with all of the great people, benefits, and flexibility. However, as it continues to expand, management has become more politically correct, evasive, and frustrating for employees. Layoffs continue to occur despite under-staffing. Management priorities are definitely out of order. Workloads are uneven among staff. And those with shoddy performance are often erroneously rewarded for their work. Wish things would go back to the way they were. The CONSTANT barrage of change makes it very difficult for employees to adjust/get comfortable.
Pros
Remote opportunities, good salary, snacks/games in break rooms in office, generous PTO (but no rollover)
Cons
No tuition reimbursement, No PTO rollover
collaborative environment
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
great work/life balance, responsible for 3 sites, no stress environment, benefits, collaborative environment, fun place to work, flexible schedule, great work hours
Company is very educated and knowledgeable about Healthcare and the best ways to help change healthcare for the better
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 30, 2018
Many workplace games and treadmills. Access to free gym. Quarterly company wide meetings are a great way to keep up with company. Growing company with lots of new faces continually. Because it is a startup - we have grown so much that many jobs are being changed or eliminated. We have lost the small company setting. Our culture is fairly easy going, but work is always completed in a very timely and professional manner. For most departments their position is very flexible. Some departments, mainly clinical, do not get that advantage because of communications with patients.
Pros
Most position are very flexible
Cons
Went public too fast
customer service
Respond to member/provider/agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2018
Nice company to work for friendly managers and co workers
clients was a little hard to explain the medical policy to but management was always on hand to help.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
location
Good luck if you do decide to work in this chaotic, disgraceful environment
CE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
Management is horrible and terribly MIS-manages people. Management is disgraceful, disrespectful and takes zero responsibility for their screw ups not to mention, a tad bit racist.
It appears if you goof off, play games & shop all day on the computer as well as sham your position you will actually be advanced. Many times when people should have been fired for doing absolutely NO work at all, a new position was created for them in order to give them another chance to do better while at the same time theses same ppl make bonus & bonus is based off of performance. When people actually did their jobs with proven results they were ridiculed, torn down and oppressed. Rules which they're quick to call policies are made up by the seat of their pants depending on who you are. Pay close attention and follow up on what's told to you because when you got to look up a so called policy spoken of, none exists. People will insult your intelligence at the drop of a dime, there is no loyalty to the employees per management & if you ask too many questions, you're setting yourself up for failure. Performance is based off of your race and ethnicity not off of your actual performance at all. To make it through the work day you must pacify management's & sometimes certain staffs insecurities. HR is incompetent and the phone at corporate is NEVER answered.
Pros
Cons
Racist, non-supportive, fake, phony management, non-structured job duties which reduce productivity, absurd expectations and goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolent Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Evolent Health.

Powered by Comparably