Evolent Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
its cool
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 9, 2018
Working here is pretty ok. the pay could be better but it is ok i guess. kind of loud. the people are cool for the most part. of course you have those messy people but just focus on your work and you will be fine,
Work invironment stressful, with poor management and advisement
Provider Claims Research Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2018
Poor management with lack of support and guidance. This stimulated a poor workplace for growth and advancement. The job required excess hours and with very little opportunity to acquire vacation time. The counseling program did not provide constructive criticism that helped with mistakes and how to improve. However, the company is always looking for candidates to work. This provided me with an opportunity to learn a job function in Medicare and claims.
Pros
New knowledge concerning Medicare
Cons
To many fiunctions to operate at one time
I enjoy working at Evolent
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2018
Evolent's work culture is such that it supports and promotes enjoying where you are and what you do. Leadership has an open door policy and continuously welcome's feedback from staff. There is plenty of opportunity for growth and I would definitely recommend Evolent as a place of employment.
Great company
Claims Adjudicator II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
It's a good company to be apart of with great benefits. It is very fast growing with high energy. Employees are always in the know and hold a very big voice in the company. Management staffing could be better.
Friendly environment, Caring managers
Utilization Management Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2018
Overall a great company to work for The only negative I would have to say is that there has been a lot of restructuring of different departments, but this wasn't really in the company's control since the restructuring was due to contract changes made by the main client.
Pros
Complimentary healthy snacks always available
Cut throat, poor management, disorganized
UR nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2018
5 years experience as a UR nurse, they work managed care cases, they approve everything and do not follow standard EBM. When I voiced my concern I was let go without notice and it took a month to get my personal possessions back. Very unprofessional. DO NOT go near them. The worst!
Pros
Cons
cut throat, unprofessional, liars
Great Experience
Lead and oversee team of 10 director reports (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 29, 2018
During my time with Evolent I felt very valuable to the end HR can see your work history and will allow a new member of management to disregard your entire great working relationship. Love the owners I wonder if they know how the folks on the ground are bring treated. P
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
HR lacks experience
awesome work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
Overall my experience at evolent has been nothing but great opportunity and room for growth . I started in December and have already been cross train for another position within the company .I highly recommend that if you get the job keep it ! you will go far
Pros
salery, pto, other great benifits, desk related
Cons
N/a
Great company
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 23, 2018
Evolent is a growing company with great benefits. Your experience depends a lot on your team / role but overall the company culture is conducive to growth. They want to keep their employees happy and truly believe in the mission to change and improve health care delivery in the United States.
Great Benefits, lacking in professionalism and managment
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 5, 2018
The company has very good and competitive pay rates with the industry standards. The benefits are also very good. Since the customer and provider service departments had expanded so quickly they had several short comings and bad habits regarding performance. I was brought in as a senior quality analyst to help set into place a quality assurance program and standards, since metric were not being met. There has been constant growing pains as the culture we tried to change the culture. Due to years of poor management, poor internal hiring and promoting, and a lack of accountability, many of these issues still exist.
Pros
Great beneifts and pay
Cons
lack of good management and accountability
Productive and fast paced
Clinical Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. I was given the tools and guidance to do my job. My Sr. Director was available all the time to answer my questions. I would definitely work there again!
Pros
Flexibility and pay
Cons
Short project
Productive and fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 23, 2018
Depending on the day of the week it could be fast paced or slow. I enjoyed assisting providers and member's with their health insurance needs. We discussed eligibility, benefits, authorization and claims statuses. Assisted with disputes and getting issues resolved.
Management was good, the workplace culture was upbeat.
The hardest part of my job was leaving. I've been working since I was 16 years old and this was one of the best companies I've ever had the pleasure of working for.
The most enjoyable part of this job, being part of a team, encouraging fellow co workers to keep up the good work and the benefits that came with the job.
Pros
Free coffe, soft drinks, lunches on occasion and access to the gym in the basement
Cons
Closing the Corpus Christi site
Fun, laid back enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
Evolent tries to work with everyone in meeting their goals. If you are having any family issues they will assist you. Great location with various lunch options and great surrounding public tranist
Would be a good place to work
CLAIMS TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
The claims department in particular does not value employees who go above and beyond the call of duty. They group everyone together and that's not an ideal situation for an ambitious professional
Pros
PTO days
Cons
Managment, undervalue their employees, ego driven leadership
My Experience
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2018
Chaos! Outdated procedures! Overlapping functions! No accountability. Everything is disconnected. Cannot identify who is responsible for what. Issues are coming back and forth resulting to wasted time and effort. Implementation process is the worst!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Overlapping functions. can't trace accountability so project suffers
Really good culture
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2018
It is a great environment to foster growth. Management is very in tune with the company.

Salary however needs to be competitive with the market. Overall EVH is a great company.
Great Place to Work, but the upper eschalon is still a boys club
Director Regulatory Compliance/UM (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2018
Every place and positions has benefits and things that could change. The ONE issue I had with Evolent is the same as many women have once they enter upper areas of management: The upper management tier is still predominantly men who really don't do much of the work, or really to understand their honest capabilities in the market. As a result, the company oversold, under-performed and put entirely too much pressure on the devoted members of the team. It's crucial to have big dreams and plans, but understand those are met overtime and not sustainable if the right foundation isn't in place. Hopefully going public has brought that message home! The C suite burned through alot of very talented people to get there.
Pros
Able to identify your own niche in the organization; autonomy
Cons
lack of internal structure or discussions that spread throughout the organization about bandwidth, capabilities and plans to move forward. One dimensional management
Case Management
Associate Director of Population Health (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
The job is demanding and rewarding. The staff are willing to help and they hold you to the expectations set by the company. I enjoy the interaction with patients and families.
The Ultimate Dream Job
Community Health Worker-Complex Care (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2018
When I first heard about Evolent, I could not believe that there was a company out there with this type of flexible, inviting, uplifiting, patient-centered, community based culture. I am now truly impressed and blessed to be apart of this very culture.
Cooperative and lively place to work
Mailroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 12, 2018
The work was fast pace and detailed, yet each technician would assist the other if needed to the help in order to compete the claims batching and scanning process for each client. There was a willingness to learn and provide assistance when needed. There was a team spirit for those who worked in the mail/claims processing department.
Pros
All the soda, coffee and water with flavoring you can drink.
Cons
Closure and layoff of employees