Evolent Health Employee Reviews

Excellent employer!
Market Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 5, 2018
The best company I've worked for in the health care industry thus far! The benefits are competitive. Leadership & my team are super collaborative and supportive, I highly recommend applying for a position with this company!
Pros
Telecommute, flexible work hours, 25 days PTO, great benefits, responsive & transparent leadership
Stressful low morale
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 7, 2018
If you have 2 job offers go opposite of Evolent. Don't be lured by the talk of insurance benefits and PTO, trust me that's all good until you are no longer a visitor you'll see how they really operate. Rudeness from team leaders, unwillingness to assist or properly educate. Trust me I could go on and on, make this your last option.
Pros
Pto, free soft drinks and coffee
Cons
Everything else
Politically driven company
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 1, 2018
There are some great people there but the company is ruined by wearing blinders to the evil self-motivated employees that lie to get ahead.
I would not recommend working here.
Pros
free soda
Cons
everything else
Great Place to Work!
Disease Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed my work, my team, and the culture. We had a multi-disciplinary team of professionals supporting our membership and health plan clients. The merger between Valence Health and Evolent Health went well and employees were taken care of. We were supported by passionate smart leaders and there were many opportunities to work on meaningful projects, which I highly enjoyed. I missed Valence Health, now Evolent Health and would go back in a heart-beat!
Pros
Flexible, passionate work, and supportive culture.
Workplace
Senior Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2018
ENvironment is unsupportive making it condusve the being a "free for all" when it comes to process. Staff is not knowledgeable about operations and not open to suggestions.
Once a great start-up, now too corporate
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 5, 2018
Was pleased when I started working at Evolent with all of the great people, benefits, and flexibility. However, as it continues to expand, management has become more politically correct, evasive, and frustrating for employees. Layoffs continue to occur despite under-staffing. Management priorities are definitely out of order. Workloads are uneven among staff. And those with shoddy performance are often erroneously rewarded for their work. Wish things would go back to the way they were. The CONSTANT barrage of change makes it very difficult for employees to adjust/get comfortable.
Pros
Remote opportunities, good salary, snacks/games in break rooms in office, generous PTO (but no rollover)
Cons
No tuition reimbursement, No PTO rollover
collaborative environment
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
great work/life balance, responsible for 3 sites, no stress environment, benefits, collaborative environment, fun place to work, flexible schedule, great work hours
Company is very educated and knowledgeable about Healthcare and the best ways to help change healthcare for the better
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 30, 2018
Many workplace games and treadmills. Access to free gym. Quarterly company wide meetings are a great way to keep up with company. Growing company with lots of new faces continually. Because it is a startup - we have grown so much that many jobs are being changed or eliminated. We have lost the small company setting. Our culture is fairly easy going, but work is always completed in a very timely and professional manner. For most departments their position is very flexible. Some departments, mainly clinical, do not get that advantage because of communications with patients.
Pros
Most position are very flexible
Cons
Went public too fast
Good luck if you do decide to work in this chaotic, disgraceful environment
CE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
Management is horrible and terribly MIS-manages people. Management is disgraceful, disrespectful and takes zero responsibility for their screw ups not to mention, a tad bit racist.
It appears if you goof off, play games & shop all day on the computer as well as sham your position you will actually be advanced. Many times when people should have been fired for doing absolutely NO work at all, a new position was created for them in order to give them another chance to do better while at the same time theses same ppl make bonus & bonus is based off of performance. When people actually did their jobs with proven results they were ridiculed, torn down and oppressed. Rules which they're quick to call policies are made up by the seat of their pants depending on who you are. Pay close attention and follow up on what's told to you because when you got to look up a so called policy spoken of, none exists. People will insult your intelligence at the drop of a dime, there is no loyalty to the employees per management & if you ask too many questions, you're setting yourself up for failure. Performance is based off of your race and ethnicity not off of your actual performance at all. To make it through the work day you must pacify management's & sometimes certain staffs insecurities. HR is incompetent and the phone at corporate is NEVER answered.
Pros
Cons
Racist, non-supportive, fake, phony management, non-structured job duties which reduce productivity, absurd expectations and goals
its cool
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 9, 2018
Working here is pretty ok. the pay could be better but it is ok i guess. kind of loud. the people are cool for the most part. of course you have those messy people but just focus on your work and you will be fine,
Work invironment stressful, with poor management and advisement
Provider Claims Research Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2018
Poor management with lack of support and guidance. This stimulated a poor workplace for growth and advancement. The job required excess hours and with very little opportunity to acquire vacation time. The counseling program did not provide constructive criticism that helped with mistakes and how to improve. However, the company is always looking for candidates to work. This provided me with an opportunity to learn a job function in Medicare and claims.
Pros
New knowledge concerning Medicare
Cons
To many fiunctions to operate at one time
I enjoy working at Evolent
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2018
Evolent's work culture is such that it supports and promotes enjoying where you are and what you do. Leadership has an open door policy and continuously welcome's feedback from staff. There is plenty of opportunity for growth and I would definitely recommend Evolent as a place of employment.
Great company
Claims Adjudicator II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
It's a good company to be apart of with great benefits. It is very fast growing with high energy. Employees are always in the know and hold a very big voice in the company. Management staffing could be better.
Friendly environment, Caring managers
Utilization Management Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2018
Overall a great company to work for The only negative I would have to say is that there has been a lot of restructuring of different departments, but this wasn't really in the company's control since the restructuring was due to contract changes made by the main client.
Pros
Complimentary healthy snacks always available
Cut throat, poor management, disorganized
UR nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2018
5 years experience as a UR nurse, they work managed care cases, they approve everything and do not follow standard EBM. When I voiced my concern I was let go without notice and it took a month to get my personal possessions back. Very unprofessional. DO NOT go near them. The worst!
Pros
Cons
cut throat, unprofessional, liars
Great Experience
Lead and oversee team of 10 director reports (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 29, 2018
During my time with Evolent I felt very valuable to the end HR can see your work history and will allow a new member of management to disregard your entire great working relationship. Love the owners I wonder if they know how the folks on the ground are bring treated. P
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
HR lacks experience
awesome work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
Overall my experience at evolent has been nothing but great opportunity and room for growth . I started in December and have already been cross train for another position within the company .I highly recommend that if you get the job keep it ! you will go far
Pros
salery, pto, other great benifits, desk related
Cons
N/a
Great company
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 23, 2018
Evolent is a growing company with great benefits. Your experience depends a lot on your team / role but overall the company culture is conducive to growth. They want to keep their employees happy and truly believe in the mission to change and improve health care delivery in the United States.
Great Benefits, lacking in professionalism and managment
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 5, 2018
The company has very good and competitive pay rates with the industry standards. The benefits are also very good. Since the customer and provider service departments had expanded so quickly they had several short comings and bad habits regarding performance. I was brought in as a senior quality analyst to help set into place a quality assurance program and standards, since metric were not being met. There has been constant growing pains as the culture we tried to change the culture. Due to years of poor management, poor internal hiring and promoting, and a lack of accountability, many of these issues still exist.
Pros
Great beneifts and pay
Cons
lack of good management and accountability
Productive and fast paced
Clinical Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. I was given the tools and guidance to do my job. My Sr. Director was available all the time to answer my questions. I would definitely work there again!
Pros
Flexibility and pay
Cons
Short project

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolent Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight