Evolent Health Employee Reviews

awesome work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
Overall my experience at evolent has been nothing but great opportunity and room for growth . I started in December and have already been cross train for another position within the company .I highly recommend that if you get the job keep it ! you will go far
Pros
salery, pto, other great benifits, desk related
Cons
N/a
Great company
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 23, 2018
Evolent is a growing company with great benefits. Your experience depends a lot on your team / role but overall the company culture is conducive to growth. They want to keep their employees happy and truly believe in the mission to change and improve health care delivery in the United States.
Great Benefits, lacking in professionalism and managment
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 5, 2018
The company has very good and competitive pay rates with the industry standards. The benefits are also very good. Since the customer and provider service departments had expanded so quickly they had several short comings and bad habits regarding performance. I was brought in as a senior quality analyst to help set into place a quality assurance program and standards, since metric were not being met. There has been constant growing pains as the culture we tried to change the culture. Due to years of poor management, poor internal hiring and promoting, and a lack of accountability, many of these issues still exist.
Pros
Great beneifts and pay
Cons
lack of good management and accountability
Productive and fast paced
Clinical Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. I was given the tools and guidance to do my job. My Sr. Director was available all the time to answer my questions. I would definitely work there again!
Pros
Flexibility and pay
Cons
Short project
Productive and fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 23, 2018
Depending on the day of the week it could be fast paced or slow. I enjoyed assisting providers and member's with their health insurance needs. We discussed eligibility, benefits, authorization and claims statuses. Assisted with disputes and getting issues resolved.
Management was good, the workplace culture was upbeat.
The hardest part of my job was leaving. I've been working since I was 16 years old and this was one of the best companies I've ever had the pleasure of working for.
The most enjoyable part of this job, being part of a team, encouraging fellow co workers to keep up the good work and the benefits that came with the job.
Pros
Free coffe, soft drinks, lunches on occasion and access to the gym in the basement
Cons
Closing the Corpus Christi site
Fun, laid back enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
Evolent tries to work with everyone in meeting their goals. If you are having any family issues they will assist you. Great location with various lunch options and great surrounding public tranist
Would be a good place to work
CLAIMS TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
The claims department in particular does not value employees who go above and beyond the call of duty. They group everyone together and that's not an ideal situation for an ambitious professional
Pros
PTO days
Cons
Managment, undervalue their employees, ego driven leadership
My Experience
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2018
Chaos! Outdated procedures! Overlapping functions! No accountability. Everything is disconnected. Cannot identify who is responsible for what. Issues are coming back and forth resulting to wasted time and effort. Implementation process is the worst!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Overlapping functions. can't trace accountability so project suffers
Really good culture
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2018
It is a great environment to foster growth. Management is very in tune with the company.

Salary however needs to be competitive with the market. Overall EVH is a great company.
Great Place to Work, but the upper eschalon is still a boys club
Director Regulatory Compliance/UM (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2018
Every place and positions has benefits and things that could change. The ONE issue I had with Evolent is the same as many women have once they enter upper areas of management: The upper management tier is still predominantly men who really don't do much of the work, or really to understand their honest capabilities in the market. As a result, the company oversold, under-performed and put entirely too much pressure on the devoted members of the team. It's crucial to have big dreams and plans, but understand those are met overtime and not sustainable if the right foundation isn't in place. Hopefully going public has brought that message home! The C suite burned through alot of very talented people to get there.
Pros
Able to identify your own niche in the organization; autonomy
Cons
lack of internal structure or discussions that spread throughout the organization about bandwidth, capabilities and plans to move forward. One dimensional management
Case Management
Associate Director of Population Health (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
The job is demanding and rewarding. The staff are willing to help and they hold you to the expectations set by the company. I enjoy the interaction with patients and families.
The Ultimate Dream Job
Community Health Worker-Complex Care (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2018
When I first heard about Evolent, I could not believe that there was a company out there with this type of flexible, inviting, uplifiting, patient-centered, community based culture. I am now truly impressed and blessed to be apart of this very culture.
Cooperative and lively place to work
Mailroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 12, 2018
The work was fast pace and detailed, yet each technician would assist the other if needed to the help in order to compete the claims batching and scanning process for each client. There was a willingness to learn and provide assistance when needed. There was a team spirit for those who worked in the mail/claims processing department.
Pros
All the soda, coffee and water with flavoring you can drink.
Cons
Closure and layoff of employees
Work life balance is horrible!!! RUN away from here esp if you have a family
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60606March 11, 2018
If you have a family plan a divorce with them and your kids as you will never see them. This place does not care if you have a family or kids. They want you to work all the time. I get emails from my manager at 9pm making requests. I get emails and asked to work on my days off. You don't enjoy your time off, and many weekends your working.

Don't believe me or think I am just one angry person. Look at the other reviews. The work life balance is horrible.
Pros
If you like to work and not have a social life this place is for you!
Cons
Benefits are okay but getting worse, and work life balance is horrible.
Physician Coder Educator
Physician Coder Educator (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 28, 2018
1. Worked with Evolent Health with Banner Health
2. Teaching providers and office managers to use internet system Identifi.
3. Checked charts to help with finding CPC, CRC, AND HCC, ICD 10 codes for claims
4. Taught the concepts of Risk Adjustment
Cons
poor communication and leadership
Nice place to work
Medical Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2018
Potential for advancement, fast pace environment, changing environment, learn different things, given support and help, lovely building, nice coworkers, management will listen
It is a great job. Too bad it is going away, I intended to stay until retirement.
Mailroom Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 24, 2018
This job enhanced my scanning abilities and working with spreadsheets and reports. I learned a lot about medical claims and related items. The management is not top notch by any means but there is no perfect place to work unless it is for yourself. The workplace is set so that everyone knows their job and does it. Also the team pulls together as necessary to assist where needed. The hardest part is the fact that this job is going away. I truly looked forward to going in each morning.
Pros
Unlimitied beverages, freedom to "stretch your legs", generous amount paid time off.
Cons
No place is perfect.
Collaborative and fun work environment
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoy coming to work and working together with my team to achieve any goals we have. Everyone is passionate about what they do. My manager is amazing, and it is clear that everyone there wants you to succeed.
Its decent
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Being at Evolent can be quite challenging with the different rules they have in place, I feel that a lot of the rules arent fair especially with the attendance and PTO occurrences. They don't have sick days they make you use your PTO. One of the major turn offs about working there.
Great Benefits
Case Manager/Clinical Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed this job and workplace very much. Its not perfect but no where is. I was laid off and this is the first time in my life being laid off as a registered nurse case manager.
Pros
alot of paid time off
Cons
Potential for lay off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolent Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight