Evonik Employee Reviews

Great Company And Great People
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 13, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Evonik as an engineering intern. Evonik has a serious stance on safety, which made me feel good working there and contributing to the company. The managers were very intelligent and respectful, I appreciated that they wanted to get to know me personally and help me better understand the work and engineering concepts I was learning. Evonik paid very well for being an intern, I felt, and gave me paid time off just like a regular employee. I got to work on very interesting projects while at Evonik and interact with many very kind and smart engineers. This experience at Evonik helped solidify my desire to work as an engineer long-term and to aspire to become as knowledgeable the engineers here. Thank you for the experience.
Pros
Paid Internship, Wonderful People, Interesting and Challenging Projects, Personable Managers, Serious Culture of Safety, Very Good Engineers to Learn From, Free Lunches
Cons
No Cons
Good place to work if you are just starting out in your career.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 11, 2019
Evonik seems to be in constant reorganization mode as frequent changes in upper management leads to someone always wanting to put their "stamp" on the organization. Corporate culture is one where to move up you need to be willing to change positions and locations every 3 - 5 years. Loyalty, experience, knowledge, accomplishments, honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, and a great work ethic do not necessarily count for anything to some of the mid-level managers and decision makers you directly work for. If they If they do not like or want you for whatever reason, a reason will be found to dismiss you.
Pros
Excellent Benefits.
Cons
Corporate culture is too political. Moving up is often a function of who you know not what you know.
A respectful company
Analytical Laboratory Intern (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 8, 2019
The company focuses a lot on getting things done withing a short period of time and they are effective. More benefits and possibilities of hire for interns needed. They like contract employees too much.
Pros
Free lunches, not too many stressful meetings
Cons
a huge workload
productive and fun
Mail Room Coordinator/Facilities back up (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 27, 2019
a typical day was relax and productive we learn many things everyday since is a big corp company with many different areas the managment was great and work culture was excellent there was no hardest part of job and it was very enjoyable working for this company.
Pros
long breaks
Great place
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 19, 2019
It's a great place to work. Diversity is a huge part of their culture.
Collaborative environment, amazing people, some of the team members have been with the company from a very long time.
Great Culture
Managment (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXFebruary 7, 2019
This is a great place to work. Small site locally but has a family feel. Learning culture. Good people. Batch plant, so some manual work is needed. juggling multiple things and priority changes
Pros
site lunches, people
Cons
advancement opportunitys - locally
Plenty of work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAJanuary 19, 2019
Plenty of overtime available. Challenges galore. Company is making a lot of money. Other co-workers seem happy and content. The union is alright. It's a safe environment.
Friendly and Suffiecient
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Very role descriptions, performance management, and bonus targets
learned how to collaborate with those the supportive and governing roles within the company
Dirty, stressful job
Back up Operator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, ME 04073January 7, 2019
Learned a lot of machine skills, management picks favorites, and the morale is the lowest I have seen. Been lied to by management, and held back from advancement so managements favorites could get the jobs without seniority.
Pros
401K and benefits are good.
Cons
Poor training, and back stabbing is the norm.
decent pay, poor PTO policy and dry culture, very old
Applications Chemist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Very corporate top heavy structure. Lots of red tape and hoop jumping to perform simple tasks

Endless power point presentations

Good culture of promoting from within
It was a fun place to work as long as you did your wirk.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 27, 2018
Evonik was a wonderful place to work. I started in 1999 and worked for the best group on site. My supervisor and my entire group was absolutely good to me. We were like a family and looked out for each other. There was stressful times but I still enjoyed my job. As long as you did your job there were no problems. No one looked over your shoulder. You knew what your task was and you did it. When I retired even the others that I worked with over the years and had left Evonik were there for me. Even the very first boss I had in 1999 when I started was there. I loved working there and they loved me. I would still be there today if my Mother hadn't needed me more. Recommend Evonik to anyone looking for a job. Just to end this when my Mother passed away every one in my main group was there for me. I did not expect that because I was no longer there. So I guess I must have been a great employee. Loyal, dependable and dedicated.
Pros
For me I would rack up on Admin. Day, birthday and Christmas. They were good to me.
Cons
Having to use your pto days in bad weather.
My job at Evonik
Lab Tech III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 14, 2018
Busy meeting daily requirements and new requests. Learned how to work with outside customers and meet their needs. Supportive managers that were team oriented. Culture was perfection as our goal.
Everyone was a pleasure to work with!
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 12, 2018
I was only a temporary employee. I was hoping to become a full time permanent employee; however, the employee that I would have replaced that worked in their Alabama office decided not to retire, so the opportunity was no longer available but I would have loved to work with this organization.
Pros
Nice team of people; great payroll supervisor
Cons
I wasn't hired permanently and the budget wouldn't allow them to hire an additional payroll analyst
great people/team
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Mapleton, ILOctober 5, 2018
why am I reviewing Evonik? the union people I worked with were great and like family. especially, since I lived with them more than my own family. forced onto a fireteam, was stupid and unsafe. Luckily, the team was full of very good people.
Pros
union shop USW L7807
Cons
rotating shift / no work / life balance
Internship
Animal Nutrition Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 20, 2018
Great management and healthy culture. Interns are given small projects and regular on-going work. They work around our school schedules very well. Excellent opportunity while going to school.
Quality place to work
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2018
Enjoyed the company and people and management. As an engineer, would have preferred a plant job to a technical/lab job in the office. Overall enjoyed the learning experience.
Parent company is excellent; leadership of parent company are excellent and effective
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 17, 2018
I loved working for the parent Evonik company, however, the site I worked at in Lafayette Indiana was very poorly run. Individual effort was not recognized, and generally work at the plan was poorly managed and largely ineffective.
Pros
Excellent benefits and bonus
Cons
Respect was totally lacking at the Lafayette site; diversity was a problem
Cyro industries
Macine Operator/tech (Former Employee) –  MaineAugust 9, 2018
It’s a place where u work hard but are taken care of work is steady and will be available for you. There’s room to move up and get new skills. It’s got good pay.
Pros
Lunchpaid
Cons
Layoffs
Poorly managed and lack of care
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Pasadena TexasAugust 8, 2018
At Pasadena while it was Air Products, it was a great place to work and had a team oriented feel. After Evonik it became a place that could care less about hourly employees. No incentive to want to excel, no feeling that management cared about you. Production over everything including quality and especially safety. Because many of their plants are small batch facilities HR covers areas territories. So there is little direct contact when you have needs.
Pros
Spent a fortune on food
Cons
Management could care less about you.
Intern - good experience but not exposed to much outside my project
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 24, 2018
Intern responsible for 2 projects. Both were well managed by strong mentors. I was not exposed to much outside the scope of those projects. The people were nice and it was a beautiful facility which appeared to be well maintained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evonik. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight