EWASTE+

EWASTE+ Employee Reviews

Worst Job ever!!!
Management doesn’t know how to route jobs for drivers. Bad health care. Bad benefits. You def can get hours as a driver though. If your applying for warehouse worker I feel bad for you ...$12 an hour to work hard labor Smh
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Everything else
Wolf in Sheep's clothing
The co-workers are some of the most honest, hard working people you'll come across for a company that pays you less than fast food. Its not skilled labor, so don't go in expecting $16-17/hour. If you work hard, you may be at $13 by year 3. Maybe. Never told good job, never told to keep up the good work, never appreciated. Any call in, no matter the reason (I.e. car accident, family emergency), it'll be a write up. The management doesn't care. They'll get in your face, watch you on cameras all day, micromanage people who know what they're doing just for the sake of flexing some muscle. 40 hours looks good on paper until your paycheck is 370 for how much is asked of you. There are better jobs out there.
great coworkers, great job
nice place to work, stable hours and set schedule
learning different skills in different departments

helping the environment through eliminating electronic waste
Pros
lots of jobs to learn, stable hours
Have some respect for yourself.
Just save yourself sometime and keep looking for a job. No room for improvement and continually screwed over. Terrible pay. No care for quality. Any and all kinds of feedback are horribly recived and you will be scorned for it. Your christmas bonus is working christmas eve and a $5 McDonalds giftcard.
terrible place to work
never been treated so poorly in my life my ex girlfriend treated me better. i can't believe of sneaky and disrespectful management is. DO NOT WORK HERE
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Worst place I have ever worked
Unless you are in the office you have no room to move up. They say they like to 'hire from within' but that is a lie. Only 1 current supervisor was 'hired from within' and they are a "favorite". You are paid slave wages and try to work hard to show them you're worth, but all you'll be left with is more responsibilities and no pay to compensate you, and the sad part is there is a few veterans that aren't even making starting wage pay. The work conditions are horrible. Toner, dust, metal and glass fragments and anything else you can think of are floating through the air that you breathe. Favoritism is rampant and if you are not on their "good" side you will be watched like a hawk and you will get written up or fired for the smallest little things. Drug use is also rampant there. Fork lift drivers driving around high is the biggest issue and major safety hazard. Benefits are horrible, don't even bother with the insurance because it is a joke and you will go broke because you it especially if you are one that needs to go to the doctor often enough. I could go on and on, just please do yourself a favor and don't apply here. It seems great at first but you will quickly realize how backwards this place is and it will literally suck the life out of you.
Pros
Co workers are awesome and we all suffered together as a team.
Cons
POOR PAY. Poor work conditions. No opportunities for advancement.
Bad job
Not the best job in the world the Ossining site is horrible they treat you like slaves nasty break room restrooms bugs all over the warehouse your job is basically a trash sorter you sort all different electronics trash all day so in sense your a garbage man but will not be paid as one smh nor will be treated as one they don’t give the proper PPE equipment nor do they really train you your orientation day will be your first work day and they will
Great Job for anyone looking for new opportunities.
E-Waste is a great job for anyone looking to work in a face pace environment. Management is very professional, understanding and fair. There is lots of opportunities and room to grow with the company.
Great fellow grunt workers, but management needs work
If you're looking for a job with good career advancments along with decent wages, work conditions, management relationships, and rewarding work then turn around and look some where else. At a glance EWASTE+ seems like a great place to go and learn a little bit more about how Electronics work, and it is[!], but underneath is more subtle monster. Dust and magnetic toner fill the air, causing you to develop bronchitis within your first few weeks. If that doesn't scare you, no heat in the winter and no air conditioning in the summer. New hires make more than people who have been here for over a year. There is one person in management who is on the workers side, otherwise its a joke. There is no real incentive to do better and wherever you end up is where you stay.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Low wages, short breaks, poor work conditions
Worst possible Job
No heat in facility management does not know how to run their workplace and the pay is awful. They dont care if your child or have a emergency they expect you there. There is no job advancedment at all.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else.
Official response from EWASTE+
June 10, 2019
We’re sorry that you had a less than a positive experience at EWASTE+ but we would also like to thank you for your feedback as we’re always looking for ways to improve. Speaking of improvements, we’re happy to report that effective March 1, 2019, our Scotia operation moved into a much nicer facility with substantially more space, an upgraded HVAC system and other amenities that have enhanced the experience of our employees. We’re also in the final stages of an exciting new program called “EWASTE+ Career Tracks”. This innovative program is designed to help our employees identify available opportunities within the organization and will outline any additional training they may need to succeed in other roles. The idea behind the EWASTE+ Career Tracks program is to help our employees help themselves to a more progressive and fulfilling career.

Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

EWASTE+ Management Team
best job i had for environment and how stable it is
I loved working there and the people i worked with, good pay for the work and would recommend and will to come back to work for them if i didnt have to move
Spacious facility with many different types of people.
A vastly growing field with constant work to do.
Updated break room and facilities.

Helpful coworkers.

Company Christmas and summer events.

A very education job and environment.
My all Time Favorite Job !
Great place to work very into with employees , Great at sometimes communication within the company. Fair judgment and lenient with employees attendance very understanding.
Really hot and dirty warehouse with no ventilation and a layout so tight it's a unecessary struggle to maneuver a pallet jack where it's needed
I thought highly of the place when I went through the office lobby doors. Seemed like a place of somewhat specailty. That is true if you work in that area of the building. Then I was introduced to the warehouse and my new job as a sorter, or as they advertise the position, an "electronics handler". Sounds like a decent job until you realize you are going to sort through huge bins full of people's unwanted junk, ten hours a day fifty+ hours a week, as to find what the company determines as "value". You will find yourself slaving, and sweating, over these bins for a poor hourly wage to find these value items such as lifting 200# TV's and cutting vga cable ends "gold ends" off to collect the precious gold from them. Overall a quite cruddy job with way to low of pay for how much they expect you to do. Plus if you have a good work ethic and pace you will find yourself picking up after a bunch of lazy guys and listening to the same super loud rap songs over and over all day long.
Pros
Honestly besides getting a paycheck every week I have nothing good to say about this place
Cons
Everything besides a paycheck every week even though you worked way to much for it
Horrible management! Paranoid Leader
If you enjoy being a tool in the hands of idiots, you will love it. Owner is highly paranoid and does not care about anyone but himself, his family and HIS money.
Pros
No one cares what you are doing if you keep quiet.
Cons
Paranoid owner, poor leaders that agree with the owners lies.
Official response from EWASTE+
June 1, 2018
We appreciate your feedback and strive to continuously challenge ourselves to grow and make positive improvements. We really hope that you addressed all concerns with our HR Department, or your supervisor before your departure. We truly value the opinions of all of our employees and strive to make EWASTE+ better EVERY DAY.
We work extremely hard to provide a space where people feel valued and empowered to succeed in their role. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

If there is one thing that I can offer, it is that “no matter how hard things were, tomorrow’s a fresh opportunity to make it better.” Always keep in mind that each person contributes to the success of their position, team, division and company – make sure you make it something great.
Co-workers and employees are friendly and considerate.
Unfortunately, compensation falls to the wayside here and does not keep pace with inflation whatsoever. Conversely, the employees, aside from Management, are courteous and positive. Competitive wages and growth opportunities are almost non-existent. The company provides a valuable, professional service to its commercial clients but sadly the company's upper echelon do not extend this level of professionalism to its employees.
Pros
Quality service provider of e-waste management and data security services.
Cons
Minimal opportunity for advancement and dismal wages.
Horrible place to work.
No room for advancement. Bad management except for maybe 2 managers. Big turnover rate of employees. Dirty. Bad pay and very few raises. Will hire just about anyone off the street inckuding drug addicts that would always get high at work.
Pros
it was a job.
Cons
Basically everything else
Garbage
Absolutely spoiled, over compensated front office. A company of less than 20 people, yet somehow the two top dogs have multiple houses and buy brand new $70k+ cars while some of the rest are making barely more than minimum and struggling to keep up. I was by far their highest paid employee. We worked so efficiently that we were running out of materials to process. I firmly believe I was let go to save money, regardless of what they may say.
Great place
Loved working here, very easy to adapt and to be trained, sadly had to start looking for work elsewhere as It did not fit in with my schedule outside of work and needed more flexibility.
Love this place
EWASTE+ is a great place to work. Not only are the co-workers fun people, what we do really matters, and that is important to me.
Management is not micro-managing - they aren't sitting over your shoulder all the time - they give you plenty of room to do your work, make decisions and grow but are always there for you to help guide you.

They also recognize that we are the backbone of the company and are always trying to celebrate accomplishments, such as certifications, production goals, as well as birthday, work anniversaries, etc.

Overall I highly recommend this place.
Pros
Great co-workers, good managements, great culture
Great work environment
My experience with EWASTE+ has been great. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly. The management team is open to new ideas and suggestions. EWASTE+ Mission, Vision and Values truly set them apart.
Pros
Great Team, Safety Incentive Program, Company Picnic, and other fun events.