Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply Employee Reviews

Good place, not awesome
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2019
I had a great experience at Ewing. Towards the end of my tenure, the corporate office started making decisions that were not, in my opinion, the best for the long term health of the company.
Review summary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Good company to work for, pay is okay. If you are a driver you will work hard, period. A normal day could consist of receiving and stocking parts or delivering to the job sites I have delivered hundreds of pinestraw rolls in one day. You do everything.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
A good place to work however not convenient to public transportation. A growing company that still has a family environment. Many long time employees and the company is growing.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
location
Run - don't walk - away
Corporate Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2018
If you're wondering what's missing at Ewing, just name it, and then continue to add to the list; it'll take a while to acknowledge all the cons. I had the two worst managers of my entire career here. If you are not part of the good ole boys club, and/or don't have a family member that works there, good luck. The only way to make it work there otherwise is to suck up the fact that you get paid dirt and cannot advance. One good thing I can say about working at Ewing was the fact that I learned a lot, but that was my credit alone, as I sought out knowledge and new skills, they were not offered. I only wish I would've gotten out earlier.
Pros
Food. They always had some sort of class, meeting, etc., that they bought too much food for, so the kitchen often had snacks. Also, a pro for those who'd rather screw off and get paid for it, I knew lots of employees who got away with not doing anything.
Cons
Not enough time in the world to capture all the cons.
Fantastic place to work depending on location
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Didn’t want to work anywhere else until I moved to the gulf coast, horrible inept management in this area. If looking for a great job that values their employees in any other region than the NWF area then this is an excellent family owned caring company to work for. If in the gulf region then good luck to you.
Pros
Excellent company, great opportunity, values employees and their families.
Cons
Horrible inept management in some parts of certain regions.
very family oriented Parties free lunches
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2017
Please see description of job for details.I enjoyed alot of the people I worked with through out the corporate office. Could be hectic at times. Different benefits for different people.
Pros
alot of parties and free excercise training
Cons
no raises
Probably the best place of employment I've ever had
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034November 29, 2017
This is a family-owned company and you are treated like family. Owners are very generous and their philosophy is that they hire good people and expect them to do a good job without micro-management.
I have enjoyed my time here and really hate to leave, but it is necessary.
Pros
No micro-management, friendly
Cons
direct supervisor
Wouldn't recommend to anyone providing for a family.
Driver/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 11, 2017
Don't expect to make much as far as compensation goes. The hours and schedule are fine but the pay rates are terrible compared to the duties you have to perform. Lots of promises are made but not followed through. Management at the store level was great but corporate management was horrible. They definitely liked to play favorites.
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Pay, Promotions are scarce
Alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 27, 2017
Pay is pathetic for the work you do. Management wasn't bad. Easy work but on the go constantly. Expect to do a little bit of everything while your working there.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, corporate doesn't appreciate the little guys
Terrible company to work for.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJuly 26, 2017
Do not work here! Just stay away from this place! Horrible company! If you are really in need for a job go for it but I suggest you just stay away from this place at all costs!
Pros
A job I guess.
Cons
Pay, management, benefits.
Great pay
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 12, 2017
They pay was well worth it. But some locations are VERY busy and some VERY slow, so it all depends on what work atmosphere you are looking for. No two locations will run the same or have the same benefits. Best suited for people who like to put their nose to the grind and not look up for another 20 years... Not good for people who need variety in their work week.
Good company but doesn't pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 5, 2017
Ewing has a long history with a very family oriented view of how to run an organization; however, if you are not at least a Branch Manager, very little attention is given to you. All leadership training is focused on managers and those who work in branches are required to do training, but it is all online and done over a very antiquated system. Trying to advance at Ewing is very frustrating and difficult to do.
Pros
Time Tested Organization
Cons
Very low compensation
Fun place to work learned a lot about the product
Warehouse Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Only four of us ran the branch including the manager. Tight group of guys all with a role. Work days went smooth when we had the business. Market kinda crashed in our area so we got slow.
Pros
Easy place to work
Cons
Got boring if it was slow