Exact Sciences Employee Reviews

Unknown
Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 10, 2019
No transparency. No communication between managers, supervisors, associates and HR. The culture was thrown out the door years ago. Sad this happened to such a great company.
High school all over again.
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2019
I absolutely loved my coworkers, they were such a joy to work with but the cons outweighed the pros. Upper management constantly talking about wanting people to move up within the company but are always changing requirements and hiring people not from within the company. Work life balance is hard to achieve due to long hours and coming in on days that you are scheduled off. It's very "catty" overall.
HR team is a flop, they do not connect with fellow "lower" employees.
But if you want a job with great benefits all you need to do is keep your head down and do not converse much with others.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
micromanaged, disconnect between employees and management, highschool.
Review of Exact
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 17, 2018
A typical day's pace is fast and slow.. I would say this is a great place to work if you don't have any troubles mentally. Although they do try to help you.
Pros
Small buisness like culture, over time
Cons
health care
Never feel like you are off the thin ice.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 9, 2018
They claim it's all about their "patients"; however, the call center is nothing more than any other "boiler room" call center. The automated outbound calling system nags the heck out of the patients to return their stool samples constantly. In training you are told to engage with the callers, but once out on the floor you are judged on quantity of calls, not quality, so just be nice and mid-westy, and get the person off the phone and on to the next call as quickly as possible. They even monitor how often and for how long you use the toilet! and count it against your "ready time". You are slammed all day, as they race to reach their "million stools tested" goal. All smiles to your face, but the Call Center Mgrs are ready to stab you in the back and discard you if you aren't either a fervent liberal progressive, or just a dope without any ideas of your own. And unless you become connected you are just fodder. Lots of back-stabbing by other employees. Plenty of nice co-workers, but a lot of cupcakes, too. Their product, ColoGuard, is not what it's cracked up to be either.
Pros
None that I found
Cons
Most workers never become a person to this company; just phone or lab fodder.
unknown
Lab tech Full- Part-time (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 5, 2018
cant talk about .what went into anyproblems. I can say it was good while it lasted. it was a typical day at exact such as get there and inter information about a sample, pipeting, scaning information.
Pros
invistment.
Cons
You are a MACHINE not a person
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 21, 2018
Working in the lab is working in a production factory, with managers pushing and pushing for faster productivity which creates a high turn around issue. You will work like a machine, be micro managed, and treated like an object not a person.
If you even glance up from your work, a manager will come to redirect your focus. You are not allowed to talk to your co-workers as a manager will step in to correct you.

It is an army of head bobbing lab technicians that are afraid to lose their jobs due to the fear management places upon them.

I resigned, and I feel sorry for the workers left behind.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No compassion to workers
Fun, team environment
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working here as an intern. The team is supportive and dynamic and made me feel at home and like I was doing important work. They paid well and have a good benefits package for regular employees.
Pros
Chances to grab free lunch, cheerful atmosphere, nice people
Fun workplace
Inside Sales Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 7, 2018
As an intern we were treated professionally and as equals to the full-time staff. Great experience and wonderful management. Coworkers are polite and helpful.
Great Place to Start A Career
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 30, 2018
I worked at Exact Sciences while in Grad School and found it to be a great place to work. I mainly worked at Exact Science Labs where the culture was great and there were plenty of exciting opportunities for growth. I worked there during an intense period of growth, which made it very exciting. Within a year, I was promoted to a new position (I did apply internally) and learned more than I ever thought I would from my job. My management was fantastic which made leaving very difficult. I most enjoyed my fellow coworkers and the freedom that management gave us to perform projects and weekly activities.
Amazing Company, Amazing Culture
Customer Service Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 8, 2018
Great Company to work for, Amazing benefits, Amazing people. Great bonuses, stock options and PTO. The culture is unbreakable, making it an great place to walk into.
Excellent place to work
Laboratory Order Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 22, 2018
I had a very good working experience at Exact. They were very flexible and accommodating.
I had to leave for health reasons, but I would highly recommend anyone to apply there.
Difficult start-up
Senior Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2018
Be careful - can't judge a book by its cover
Initial focus on vision for company is expressed but now company is run like big pharma- all about big brother telling you what to do, how to do it, and with whom. focus on reach and frequency of call metrics

not much advancement opportunity unless you are part of the 'inner circle'

hardest part of the job is the unreasonable volume quotas and the lack of commercial insurance coverage and not expanding into this younger patient demographic
Pros
not many- fairly autonomous with customer base
Cons
many- big brother imposing their home office rules on sales division, impossibly large volume quotas, not being recognized for hard work, not being heard for needed improvements, little opportunity to advance upward, salary levels are firm and stagnant
Fexible, caring, fair
Specimen Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 12, 2018
Culture is pleasant and everyone works as a team to complete work objective. Fun and fast-paced. A caring company. Company keeps all up to date on changes and vision for company.
Pros
Stocks, benefits, Flexible hours
This Company is NOT who they portray themselves to be!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMay 20, 2018
Exact Sciences is not who they portray themselves to be. Management is very unprofessional and lacks integrity in a way I have never experienced. Beware and do your homework before wasting your time.
Pros
Great teammates.
Cons
Inept management, favoritism, intimidation, hostile work environment.
Billing Associate
Revenue Cycle Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 30, 2018
The leadership bullies you while HR looks the other way. When I became pregnant, they were not willing to work on an accommodation for appointments or doctor's visits. I was verbally bullied by coworkers which in turn they ended up promoting.
Pros
Cons
all
Competitive back biting environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinApril 9, 2018
The workplace culture is sooo fake. Could not trust anyone you worked with because they were so competitive and if you made any negative comments about wrong information you were to provide to the callers, you would be "talked to".
Pros
Up and coming company, at that time
Cons
A rip off to Seniors and the disabled on Medicare and Medicad
Great culture
Professional Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 27, 2018
The culture was great. You really felt accomplished about helping patients get screened for colorectal cancer. Every day is different depending on the accounts you are scheduled to visit.
Promising company
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 12, 2018
The company is promising, however, they were misleading about internal advancement opportunities. Good benefits, decent pay for entry level, coworkers are amazing.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Cons
Difficult to transfer internally
Wonderful management, dynamic with endless opportunity
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Madison WIFebruary 5, 2018
I couldn't have asked for a better job fresh out of college. There is so much room to grow within the company, and not just within your specific department. Exact is a company that believes in promoting from within, and if you don't yet have the qualifications for the position you are hoping to move up to, they go to great lengths to provide you with the tools/education necessary.
There are no interdepartmental barriers- when one department is struggling or swamped, you will find higher management clearing their schedules to help out.
The supervisors are fantastic. Any time I ever had an issue with someone, whether it be a coworker or someone in a higher role than myself, there is an open door HR policy with no repercussions for coming to them with issues.
Overall, I cannot speak highly enough of this company. It's growing fast, and the benefits are amazing.
Great small company
Director of Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 29, 2017
Exact Sciences has a very good small company culture. It provided me with experience in IVD devices that will be very valuable in my future career endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exact Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight