Exam One Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive but no job stability
Customer Service/ phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 21, 2018
Poor management, work for nothing, under paid and do not pay mileage and you drive your own car off the clock per poor management. you have to make calls on your time and upload paper work off clock with no pay
great workflow
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2018
must work independently and very detailed oriented they are available for support when and if needed. The company has prepared me to go into other fields
Pros
independent working
Cons
inconsistent income
Work from home
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMarch 16, 2018
Management is poor and lack of knowledge. All they care about is numbers and not the employees. Too many companies to learn and they expect you to remember and not make an error. Even if you have not been trained in something they expect you to not make an error.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Micromanaging and production impossible to meet
Great starting point when new phlebotomist and part time work
PHLEBOTOMIST/EXAMINER (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 26, 2018
Yes you are on your own when working out in the field but I find it to be helpful increasing my blood drawing skills and techniques. My manager is helpful if I have questions about any cases and if I am experiencing any trouble. There can be a lot of travel but you feel good at the end of the exam when the person thanks you for coming to them because of conflict with their schedule they could not get to the lab. That’s why I even got into phlebotomy in the first place.
Pros
Can control your schedule
Cons
You have to watch and monitor your schedule closely or you could get slammed with a tight schedule.
stressful not worth the time and damage it does to your car
Phlebotomist/Para Medical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 8, 2018
the amount of money you get paid per case comes no where close to the money you spend on your car and supplies and your time.they take advantage of you and expect more
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay is terrible
Not enough work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Out in bad weather. Not comfortable with using the patients bathroom. Patients reluctant to put the pets away. Complicated computer program for assignment retrieval.
Pros
most patients were eager to learn
Cons
traffic and detours
Great Job opportunity
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Exam one is a great place to work for because the hour are very flexible. You get to provide your hours and days and availability and that is how they make your schedule.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no room to mess up on anything because you're on your own.
Productive, informative with health and wellness
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Typical work day consists of setting up registration and private areas for screening. Going to each participant's place of business for their convenience.
Pros
Room to work other jobs
Cons
No health care or 401k
Bad work place, no raises. Wants you to work off the clock.Hostile work conditions. Unacceptiable.
CRS Phlebotomist in office (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2018
Management cut throat. Lies to you about raises. Makes you work off the clock. A lot of gossip. Talks with her hands. Throws you under the bus in a heart beat
Pros
Cons
Wants you to work for free
Good supplement to any other income
Mobile Examiner, Venipuncture, Centrifuging (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2018
It is a good supplement to any other income but could be better if doing health events full time. I enjoyed health events very much and phlebotomy experience.
very time cosuming job
Paramedical Examiner and Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Leave house at 6am travel sometimes 200 miles a day. Return home around 7pm. Finish up paperwork till midnight. Those are days when your out in the field. Days that you are home you make a ton of phone calls to schedule clinics for their medical exam. Still receiving phone calls at 9pm. The management is great. The hardest part of the job is trying to make time for your family because the job is so time consuming. The best part of the job is meeting ne people.
People were friendly
MOBILE EXAMINER (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 30, 2017
They didn't pay for travel times or milage. Found myself being sent from one town to another and the back to previous town. They didn't allow ample time to complete exams, or take into account issues that would sometimes arise when dealing with different people with different problems.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Unpaid milage
Great job
Medical Assistant/Examiner (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 25, 2017
No lack of work. Always new clients. Easy routes to client. Office staff very supportive. Helpful management team. Team environment. Competitive pay. Great job.
Easy access to work place, and centrally located.
Phlebotomist/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 8, 2017
The staff is easy to work with. Very helpful in assisting with the completion of paperwork. There is room for further work as desired. If I ever needed assistance, all the office staff were willing to assist.
Unsafe
Phlebotomist/EKG Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 23, 2017
Had to drive to areas that were not safe. They did not pay enough and to many employees means not enough work to go around. I would not go back. Just not a great place.
Cons
no pay
Examone
Para Medical Examiner (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2017
The plus to working for Examone is that you could work your own hours. The hardest part is not enough compensation. Work very effieciently on my own. I work well with other employee and clients as well.
There's still potential, but not for everybody.
Risk Assessment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOOctober 1, 2017
Our main task is to conduct interviews for life, disability, long-term care and some health insurance. I have learned a great deal about the industry and reached common ground with many applicants. I have interviewed in Spanish and arranged interviews with specific dialect requirements. The language of most of the interviews seems to be over the heads of many applicants, often difficult to simplify. The worst part is achieving the required amount of points per day. Each company has a different point value and some employees get better mixes than others. Quality control seems to be arbitrary. The pay level requires at least one extra job to survive. Due to the unpredictability of interview lengths combined with the unpredictability of the overtime schedule, this is difficult to impossible on a long-term basis.
Pros
Great benefits, plenty of paid time off
Cons
Favoritism, micromanagement
Poor management
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 19, 2017
This job is a as need basics. No health plans,401k . No job security. Only work events that were insurance related. Must drive over 40 miles to get paid for mileage. Not guarantee to get paid if the patient didn't get their exam done.
Pros
make your own scheule
Cons
no job security
good
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 19, 2017
I like this company it is flexable to my life I get me different people go different places people I work for and with are very nice the pay is great you get to pick your scdueduele
it was nice working from home
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
it was also nice making my own schedule and working from home but
i never had any work and they never paid enough money they only paid you per visit