Examination Management Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hated working here.
Internal Agent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Management were never able to answer questions and was always changing. High turnover rate. Having to stay on script even at the annoyance of customers.
Pros
Benefits and pto
Cons
management
Productive, fast paced but in the end, got really Boring
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 5, 2018
It was fine at the start when I got hired on but then as the years accumulated, things changed. New management came & changed everything. The good people that once worked there, came & left quickly. Soon after that, there was a high turnover.
Pros
Got to know the clients, new working environment, new people
Cons
Boring routine, nothing new
This is an Okay place to work.
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 31, 2018
There is a room for promotion. Some of the management are good people. There is a lot of great team work. Rhe clients can get a little rowdy but that come with most jobs.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short breaks
Emsi
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
A good company to work with. They are professional and experienced

It was good working with them
Someone was always there to answer any questions I had and was very helpful and polite
Independent work environment
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNAugust 12, 2018
Part-time, non benefit earning position as a Paramedical Examiner. Small office, most work completed outside of the office. I set my own hours. Compensation depended on the number and type of services completed.
Pros
Ability to set own schedule, idependent work environment
Cons
No set salary or income, Pay check depended on how many exams completed each week.
proacive and fun place of employeement
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 12, 2018
I loved working there. I wish I could go back. the company overall was excellent and my supervisor was amazing. it was a relaxed inviroment and easy to do.
Pros
take breaks when needed not scheduled
Cons
no room to move up
Something to be Desired
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXAugust 4, 2018
Unfortunately, I left this job after an employee cussed me out and she was sent home with pay for 3 days while I was required to work. The privilege of being a supervisor, I suppose.
A place to work?
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 3, 2018
This was a terrible place to work. There was trashy people, and unprofessional behaviors. People would fight each other in the middle of their phones calls, and were very disrespectful.
Job Summary
Field Medical Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 1, 2018
Enjoyed meeting health care professionals.
Learned alot about the different types of EMR Systems
management- good communication
great hours. Would love to work for them again.
It Sucked
Medical Records Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX 76712July 30, 2018
It was a sucky place to work at.I left after being there for two years, and I started at 10.00 which is what everyone starts at, and I left with 10.00 an hour. so much for two years..
Virtual Employee
Virtual Employee-Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 16, 2018
I only worked in the office for a short time. I am a virtual employee and not in the office enough to give my opinion of the office culture. I have a great manager in my department that is verify positive, fair and makes my job more enjoyable.
I love meeting new people
Certified Phlebotomist/Paramed/LNA (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 15, 2018
Going to people's houses and perform Life insurance physicals.Sometimes I my do 1 a day others days it could be 3-4. I did have to travel out of my town alot. sometimes 2-3 hrs away.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
travel far distances
Seasonal Layoffs for Temporary Employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2018
It's been a few years since I've worked here. I thought this was a good place to work but didn't really care for the secretive manner by which the seasonal layoffs were conducted. Layoffs are a week or two before Christmas and if they still go about it the same way it will be going around the rumor mill but a person won't find out that they are being laid off until that same day. Maybe it's the same in most places, I really don't know. Other than that, it's a fair place to work.
productive work environment
Application Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 5, 2018
Working at EMSI is great and the people are awesome. I will take this experience with me forever. The learning experience is great. I learned how to type faster then I used to. I also learned how important the insurance really is. this benefits families that really need the coverage and if this is not done in a timely manner the applicant could possibly be denied.
Challenging Work Environment
Life Underwriter & Summarizing medical records (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 2, 2018
Working as a contractor has it's advantages and disadvantages. EMSI alerts you to upcoming postings of available assignments. If you post for a position, EMSI forwards your resume for their client to review and sets up the phone interview if the client is interested in interviewing with you. Some travel is involved if/when you accept a new assignment; usually 2 weeks. They put you up in a nice hotel, take care of your travel arrangements and pay for meals, expenses. Most assignments last at least 6 mos so you may only have to do this one to two times per year. Working from home is a plus as well. However, you usually don't get paid for holidays or personal time off. Once an assignment ends, you can usually work for EMSI summarizing medical records (which is not very profitable) until another assignment comes along. The longest I have had to wait between assignments was 3 weeks but it varies between individuals and demand.
Pros
Flexibility, work from home
Cons
No paid time off.
Summary Underwriter - thin workload, hard to make money
Summary Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 2, 2018
Get up in the morning, login to check email to see if you have work for the day.

No work? Nothing unusual.

You won't get paid to check your email, or resolve IT issues with their wonky home grown systems, or appeal an unreasonable audit, or do extra research to see if a condition is worth summarizing.

You get paid to summarize records, and that's it.

If you don't mind going weeks without work, giving away your time to resolve computer issues, and dealing with poor untrained management, go for it.

Otherwise, stay away. The work is unreliable at best.
Pros
work at home
Cons
piece pay, inconsistent workload, weeks without work
Awesome Home Office
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2018
The home office was very knowledgeable. Would help in any way they could. Rather they would call the clients because the examiner was stuck in traffic just to let them know that we were running a little late.
Pros
you make your own hours
Great Place To Work.
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hewitt, TXJune 25, 2018
Overall experience is great. I’ve learn a lot about life insurance while working here. The work environment is is very calm. There are also decent benefits that come with the job.
good job that you do by yourself
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2018
the majority of my job as a collector was traveling around iowa and the surounding states for collections the pay was 20 an hour and .35 a mile for me but you have to use your own car for it and stop in daily for supplies
Great job if you don't like help or feedback
Virtual Caseworker - Medical Records Retrieval (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 21, 2018
This was the worst managed company I have ever worked for. The last 6 months of my time with them I did not have a manager to report to.I did my job better than most and was still not reaching the goals set by the company but got no feedback on how to improve my work performance after countless request.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Plenty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Examination Management Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.