Examination Management Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Virtual Employee
Virtual Employee-Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 16, 2018
I only worked in the office for a short time. I am a virtual employee and not in the office enough to give my opinion of the office culture. I have a great manager in my department that is verify positive, fair and makes my job more enjoyable.
I love meeting new people
Certified Phlebotomist/Paramed/LNA (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 15, 2018
Going to people's houses and perform Life insurance physicals.Sometimes I my do 1 a day others days it could be 3-4. I did have to travel out of my town alot. sometimes 2-3 hrs away.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
travel far distances
productive work environment
Application Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 5, 2018
Working at EMSI is great and the people are awesome. I will take this experience with me forever. The learning experience is great. I learned how to type faster then I used to. I also learned how important the insurance really is. this benefits families that really need the coverage and if this is not done in a timely manner the applicant could possibly be denied.
Challenging Work Environment
Life Underwriter & Summarizing medical records (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 2, 2018
Working as a contractor has it's advantages and disadvantages. EMSI alerts you to upcoming postings of available assignments. If you post for a position, EMSI forwards your resume for their client to review and sets up the phone interview if the client is interested in interviewing with you. Some travel is involved if/when you accept a new assignment; usually 2 weeks. They put you up in a nice hotel, take care of your travel arrangements and pay for meals, expenses. Most assignments last at least 6 mos so you may only have to do this one to two times per year. Working from home is a plus as well. However, you usually don't get paid for holidays or personal time off. Once an assignment ends, you can usually work for EMSI summarizing medical records (which is not very profitable) until another assignment comes along. The longest I have had to wait between assignments was 3 weeks but it varies between individuals and demand.
Pros
Flexibility, work from home
Cons
No paid time off.
Summary Underwriter - thin workload, hard to make money
Summary Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 2, 2018
Get up in the morning, login to check email to see if you have work for the day.

No work? Nothing unusual.

You won't get paid to check your email, or resolve IT issues with their wonky home grown systems, or appeal an unreasonable audit, or do extra research to see if a condition is worth summarizing.

You get paid to summarize records, and that's it.

If you don't mind going weeks without work, giving away your time to resolve computer issues, and dealing with poor untrained management, go for it.

Otherwise, stay away. The work is unreliable at best.
Pros
work at home
Cons
piece pay, inconsistent workload, weeks without work
Awesome Home Office
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2018
The home office was very knowledgeable. Would help in any way they could. Rather they would call the clients because the examiner was stuck in traffic just to let them know that we were running a little late.
Pros
you make your own hours
Great Place To Work.
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hewitt, TXJune 25, 2018
Overall experience is great. I’ve learn a lot about life insurance while working here. The work environment is is very calm. There are also decent benefits that come with the job.
good job that you do by yourself
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2018
the majority of my job as a collector was traveling around iowa and the surounding states for collections the pay was 20 an hour and .35 a mile for me but you have to use your own car for it and stop in daily for supplies
Great job if you don't like help or feedback
Virtual Caseworker - Medical Records Retrieval (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 21, 2018
This was the worst managed company I have ever worked for. The last 6 months of my time with them I did not have a manager to report to.I did my job better than most and was still not reaching the goals set by the company but got no feedback on how to improve my work performance after countless request.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Plenty
N/a
Certified Medical Assistant/Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75381June 21, 2018
The time period of when I worked at EMSI has been quiet sometime but as far as I can recall I enjoyed my time there the staff and loved what I did. I would recommend this company to others.
Dishonest and Discriminatory
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 21, 2018
Some good people work there and it's a good way to get experience, but the culture is very toxic and they will not be honest with you about your pay or hours.
Pros
data entry experience
Cons
discrimination against lgbtq employees
Work Summary
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  6000 Western Place #900 Fort Worth, TxJune 20, 2018
Dealt with PDFs from NP after in home assessment.
Checked for errors and reviewed medical charts.
Great hours. Flexible schedule
Great workplace culture
Enjoyed working as a team
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Very little advancement opportunites
Have the work for your employees
Insurance examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2018
I really liked EMSI until I noticed that I only received a $20 check. I was putting out more money (gas, trash collection of sharp containers, ink for printer, paper and ipad). They talked a good game, but for me to go into debt behind a company that did not care that I as loosing money, as long as their accounts were done. Sorry, wouldn't even refer an enemy to them
Pros
Cons
many--the money you make and time spent calling ignorant clients
paramedical examiner
Paramedical Examiner (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 8, 2018
maintained scheduling and completion of paramedical exams. this includes medical history, vitals, specimen collections, ekg. processed, packaged, and shipped to lab
Negative Management Experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 5, 2018
I have worked for this company for several years and have watchedmanagement in my department increasingly grow worse over time. There is no collaboration between mid management operations and upper management. The company stance is that they promote from within, but that isn't the case. Yearly performance reviews only occur if the employee initiates it and pesters the manager repeatedly. The management style at this organization is extremely lacking - from micromanagement to no educational/training opportunities for career growth within the company. The biggest negative about EMSI is the pay scale is not even remotely comparable to the same position in the same job market. The workplace culture is not conducive to growth.
Pros
Ability to learn the industry
Cons
Management, Pay, Work Environment
phlebomist
Medic Exams (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
would travel every day to clients and would see up to 30 clients in one day. How to real talk to people I did not know.. Management good people. Would depend on the day.. Going to clients house that I did not know. Meeting new people
it was a fun job
Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 29, 2018
I only worked there for a few months but during the time being it was fun. I know they have diff depts. and the dept I worked for req me to pass a medical terminology test and I passed it with an A. Phone calls in my dept could last for awhile since you were using a script and doing applications for background health.
They suck
Health Care Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 28, 2018
The management is so unprofessional and nitpicking. They practice favoritism so if they don’t like you then your done after three months. Good part time job I guess
Love the work I do and the challenge
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2018
Worked for EMSI for 8 years and have advanced my career with EMSI during this time. The right motivation and dedication has resulted in a variety of responsibilities and leadership opportunities with EMSI. Like anywhere, there are challenges and changes to roll with and drive as much success as within your control.
Pros
Great opportunties
Like working for myself
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 26, 2018
I love my job with EMSI. I have the freedom to control my schedule and get to drive and visit parts of California that i would not otherwise have the opportunity to see. I feel very appreciated by this company for the hard work i do.
Pros
Freedom to control my schedule
Cons
The only con is they cannot gurantee me full time hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Examination Management Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.