ExamWorks Employee Reviews

Good assistance and interesting clients
Ph.D. Psychologist and neuropsychologist (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CA 91343January 8, 2019
I am a contract worker with ExamWorks and it is a very fair, interesting and concientious environment. Since I don't work full-time, I have a lot of time to work on the reports.
Pros
Good help for physicians
Cons
Highly stressful place to work
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJanuary 5, 2019
Company is money driven and all about numbers. They put many restrictions on their employees in terms of when you can get up from your work station and when you can use the facilities or answer your phone. Not a comfortable work environment. The place is like a revolving door. The way certain members of management speak to employees is down right awful and mean. I was written up for taking days off because I had pneumonia (doctors note). Because it was end of the month and numbers had to be made I was penalized for taking unscheduled days off. I was told by HR that I should have just brought some meds to work and plowed through.
Pros
Work is 8am to 5pm. Good schedule.
Cons
Management is on top of your every move. Work and nonwork related. I
I enjoy working there
Front Office/Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75243October 13, 2018
I have been with the company 5 years and plan on being there for a long time. The staff is great. the job isn't stressful overall. yearly raises are on the low end. great benefits and set schedule.
Pros
months luncheons
Cons
raises are on the low end
Great management and benefits
Litigation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2018
During my time with ExamWorks, I was please with the management. My supervisor, my boss and the Vice President for the Northern Territory were all very kind, helpful and accommodating. The benefits were also great.
Benefits
Cons
Limited flexibility in schedule
Poor Management
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Very childish atmosphere. Not a fun place to work that many hours each day. Typical office where 20% of the people are doing 80% of the work. Pay increases are minimal at best.
No advancement
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I really liked working at Examworks,people there are great but the pay was low and no upward mobility to management.
My boss was great, she wanted me to move up within the company but people waited years to get promoted. it seemed once you were locked into a position you rot in there until you retire.
Pros
Hours
Cons
no career advancement
Great Place to work
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 16, 2018
I had worked here for 7 years. I loved it but it was just too much. Management sucked. I liked to keep busy but it was so busy i was not able to complete my task.
Pros
free lunch or snacks at the end of the month
Cons
short breaks, need more lunch hour and 15 mins breaks, cant work from home.
Small Office with flexible leadership and hours
Document Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2018
Sorted document for most of the day and had to request additional records for the Doctors as needed and had to follow up with request to ensure the doctor had everything they needed for their exams. The work culture was manageable but lack of basic communication between co workers and sometimes management called for a stressful work environment. Management was very flexible and did work around my schedule which made it tolerable.
Pros
Free lunches on ocation
Cons
Lack of communication and rude clients, patients, and doctors
workplace
Billing and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYAugust 20, 2018
its a great workplace with fun lively people who you can eaily get a long with. i enjoy it- i think the management can be placed a little better if you ask me.
Pros
good people, always busy, fun enviornment
Cons
the management needs work, attitude, misguidance
Dreaded coming to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2018
A lot is expected of each person. Much more than the average worker is compensated. Workload is heavy. I am all about loving your job, but this place made it hard to not go home and worry about what was on your desk everyday, anticipating what you left the day before and what was coming new to your desk tomorrow.
Decent company
Medical Legal Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 13, 2018
Although ExamWorks offers great compensation, it lacks in culture and the management team leaves a lot to be desired, as they hire outside the company, not within. The lines are blurred between positions, and only one position takes the heat when something does not meet standards. No accountability. Zero Job Culture.
Pros
compensation
Cons
poor management, zero job culture.
This company is spirialing and constantly reinventing the wheel
Document Management Technician Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 11, 2018
Each day consisted of too many meetings. A typical day was putting out fires that were a result of lack of procedural documentation and promising the customer more than the company could deliver.
Pros
occasional free meals, lunches
Cons
the work flow process was inefficient, heavy burden placed on employees
You have to be quick on your feet.
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJJuly 10, 2018
Every dept. at the company requires effort, and every dept has their own workload that can become overwhelming depending on deadlines and specific clients. It is not the worst place to work. However, I will say that this company is more so of who you know rather than what you know. The pay is fair, but the workload does make you feel like you're losing your marbles at time. The job description is pretty self-explanatory, but a lot of people lack common sense.
Pros
Pto, quick days
Cons
micromanagement
Unstable Workplace
Supplemental Specialist and Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 28, 2018
Examworks is like a dead end job. The management is unstable and not dependable. There is a lot of favoritism in the company. They don't make their employees feel valued. They use you where they need you and there is no a such thing as a job title. The more versatile your are the less you make. There aren't any advancement options because of how they position the workers. Their excuse is always the budget but they continue to pay who they want instead of one who has earned it. Examworks use to be a corporation and now it's just a brand name.
Pros
Very flexible scheduling; the culture of work; typical benefits
Cons
Unstable management; no room for advancement
Awful Experience
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
Poor management,communication and structure of this company. No ethics in this work place, as my manager did not say "good morning" the 2 1/2 years I have been working there. People work like they are programmed robots.
Pros
Zero
Cons
30 minute lunch break
No communication - Lack of appropriate training - very unprofessional atmosphere
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 30, 2018
full day of work - they are extremely backed-up with their work and very understaffed.
Unprofessional
Management did not communicate with staff at all
job was not difficult - I did not learn anything new
Pros
bagels at the end of the month
Cons
unprofessional - non communication
Productive and fun work place
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 7, 2018
Exam works is a great place to work. Managers and staff are great. work environment is very comfortable. Great opportunities for advancement. Salary is great.
Pros
Christmas Parties and Free Lunch on occasions
Cons
short breaks
Toxic work environment, poor communication from management
Lead Document Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 7, 2018
Majority of 8 hours was spent sorting hard copy medical records, uploading, downloading, filing, shipping and receiving
I learned organization and how to make it through the day with management that was oppressive, inconsitent-rules changed daily
the culture was put up and shut up-do what ever is said with no room to converse or differ in opinion without being repremanded.
The hardest part of the job was management that did not listen to employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked directly with and sorting records
Pros
the people I worked with
Excellent Company
Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 25, 2018
Wonderful place to work with a good location and stress-less commute if you live in North Atlanta. Laid back, calm atmosphere thought the work is fast paced. Good area for shopping centers and restaurants and flexible schedules.
Claims Analyst
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 22, 2018
The billing department manager did not seem to value the employees equitably. Some were valued and promoted and others appeared to be picked on. Salary advances were done randomly and in fact I found out as I was leaving that others with less tenure and experience had been given bonuses when I was told none were available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExamWorks. Our community is ready to answer.