Exceed Enterprises

Exceed Enterprises Employee Reviews

I didnt really like the people they argue with me a lot other then that the work itself was good. I did get paid pretty good Money on my Paycheck which was very nice for me.
The managers didn't care about you or doing their job. If you got hurt on the job it would take the managers and long time to send you home. I had a severe lower lip injury and my boss barely did anything. It took him almost 2 hours to call my home for someone to pick me and go to the hospital. Most of the time he was on his tablet. When he wasn't on his tablet he would get on people about not doing the job right
Very bad management. CEO is very fake. Says one thing, does the other, then denies both. Employees talk a lot about how bad the management is in the other work locations. The good managers always seem to get fired. Work conditions were always confused and things ran poorly. Very disorganized and the managers always seemed lost.
It was a good place to work, nice co-workers, didn't really seem to want to train you new things. They had many lines to run however seemed to run out of product at a few locations
Was not very pleased with the company they treated me with disrespect and never gave me praise for anything I did I would not recommend this company at all
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Exceed appreciates creating opportunities that bring our community together. We welcome others to join in on our passion to help people of all abilities exceed expectations. Whether you are a client, family member, or a advocate, we encourage environments where we can share inspiration, ideas and resources.
I loved working with people with disabilities it was very intense and rewarding. I enjoyed to staff and their love for their job as well. The workplace culture was very kind and full of compassion.
They understood why I had to quit, very easy to work with, and you will learn a lot from the position! Every day I worked I felt as though I was doing something important and making an impact. Times can be tough at the job but take those times as learning experiences. It definitely made me a better person.
Simply put, this is not my area of expertise, and accounting is not a field I wish to work in ever again. I prefer person-to-person interaction, working as a team and an outgoing environment. I had none.
Pros
Very kindhearted staff
Cons
Everything else
I like the fact that every day I get to pick the task or job I want to work on. I am great at kitting, work well with my hands and can use small tools. I get along with all those who work at Exceed and will be sad when that comes to an end. It is a fun place to work and we have had many good times. The hardest part, for now, is that I will be losing my job and my friends. I enjoy working daily and taking on new tasks but I don't mind doing the same things either.
Exceed has great managers and clients. I already feel like part of their community. The only drawback was that it took a long time to be approved since I had to take a drug test and get a background check. Now I would love a paid position there!
Exceed is much more than a sheltered workshop and NOT being phased out, only the sheltered workshop will be affected by new legislation. Exceed is actually a nonprofit agency on the cusp of becoming the "go-to" program for finding jobs and community programs for people with all abilities. As with all things, change takes time and momentum. The staff that are supportive give it their all and others who do not agree with the direction or the speed at which change happens, go on to other things. Growth can be uncomfortable for some, but there are leaders amongst the Exceed staff whose vision, talent and dedication are making great strides in transforming this agency into a sustainable business that will not only support individuals in their community but will be a source of competitive employment for all people. I can say, as an Exceed employee, that everyone has a common goal here and for the most part, we envision ourselves as a family. Yes, we have tough work ahead of us, but there is nowhere else I would rather be than in the trenches making new roads that allow our people to go where they never thought they could go and to achieve the impossible. Change is a necessary thing...Embrace it!
Pros
Impacting the future of people with all abilities
Cons
Navigating the challenges and barriers of success
Exceed is a sheltered workshop that due to legislation is being phased out. The company currently lacks leadership and a plan for moving forward. Sadly, there is a lack of leadership and management is stuck in the "that's the way we've always done it" mode. Key departments such as accounting and production are still using XP computers and the accounting system is outdated. Most processes are paper and manual. Many people here do just enough to get by and collect a paycheck. There's a few people who work hard and do most of what is needed to keep the company going. Due to low wages, they struggle to hire top talent and keep them. The facility is old and in need of repairs. Some employees have been at Exceed a long time but have been promoted to the point of incompetency. A severe lack of communication and lack of teamwork creates a culture where people struggle to make key decisions and are left in the dark. While the mission of this organization is admirable, unless they learn to take care of the organization and its employees, it won't be around much longer.
Pros
mission minded
Cons
lacks leadership, strategy, competent management, and staff
If you want a good work life balance and you want a rewarding career, this is the perfect fit for you! Exceed Enterprises, Inc. has a amazing mission and does great things for our community.
You really getting paid by the work you did.. hours wasn't that great either...its good place to work for special needs. Managers are okay. pay check is okay too.
Company is delaying inevitable changes that are required due to state legislature changes. It will be chaotic for a while, but once implementation is complete it will be a good program to work for.
Good company to work for, although not much room for advancement.
Pros
learning experiences
Cons
occasional frustration with participants with disabilities
  1. Employee Reviews