Excela Health

Excela Health Employee Reviews

United States185 reviews
they wrked good with me far as getting patients and diirections to them..good staff and communication with patients. They helped with transportation. And anything i needed help with
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Cant pick patients
The food and nutrition department is awful to wok in. The department lacks leadership and supervision. The kitchen is dirty and has had multiple violations with the state. I will be leaving, as soon as i find another position. You will not receive any type of training, they just throw you into different positions within the kitchen and the positions change daily. They are severely short staffed every day and the manager/supervisors never help. All employees were also mandated to take two weeks off to try and save money.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed, excessive hours, lack of leadership.
Through the guidance of my managers, I was able to take on projects well beyond my experience. This early exposure gave me a deep dive into the working field and armed me with invaluable experiences that I draw upon today, eight years later. The Excela team placed a great deal of trust and responsibility in me, which prepared me to be an independent career-driven individual.
Avoid this facility at all cost. I worked as a slave and never received any positive recognition. I was treated a like child. The person in charge is clueless on basic food service operations. She talks down to everyone and has no respects for her team members. Work culture is awful. I cry every time I leave this place and can not get out quickly enough. Administration will not bother to listen to what the concerns are or even attempt to care. New multi-million dollar cafe is a joke, food is awful, it is very dirty and the place is falling apart.
I liked the work there, people were nice. Work from home opportunities. Not a lot of room for advancement, pay is average for the location. All around okay job.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The supervisor is a bully. She takes out all of her aggressions on the employees, she does not care about the employees or the patients all she cares about is numbers. she is nasty to everyone. The turnover is very high, because she does not know how to treat people. But the big bosses seem to not care about that.
Pros
Pay is ok, benefits, hours.
Cons
Supervisor needs to go! I have never been treated so poorly by a manager or anyone for that matter.
Overall, I was very satisfied with my time at Excela Health. For a matter of fact, when I left full-time (only because I was offered a job closer to home) I requested to stay as PRN staffing. I was sad to leave such a good hospital.
Pros
Everyone is well trained & willing to help other disciplinaries
Cons
You end up working a lot of weekends
I love working with the other nurses here, but the upper management only care about patient satisfaction, and don't pay or support their staff enough.
Good job but bad staffing and management, the management does not protect employees from other employees. You are promised a schedule and flexibility, but you don't get it. Home life and work life mix together, they make sure you don't have a home life. Staffing is poor, everyone's overloaded with work, makes them call off. We get points for calling off, people get fired.
Culture is good, up to date on changes within the system with communication. I enjoy my workspace and the staff I work alongside and I do enjoy the work I perform.
Pros
Close to home, Good People
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations
A hospice courier interacts with pharmacy personnel as well as people dealing with end of life issues. Though working for excela your job is managed by a contractor that has one concern and that’s profit.
Enjoyed working with and mentoring a great team who were loyal, diligent, and fun to be with. Great opportunity available for independent learning. A Lean culture helped to mold future leaders in their approach to problem identification and solution.
The supervisor has favorites she is loud obnoxious and very rude to her employees. I would never recommend anyone to work in her department. I say run as fast as you can because she is very condescending.
I was only a volunteer but I enjoyed volunteering. I enjoyed volunteering and helping with various departments. The staff was amazing and helpful when help was asked.
Manager in kitchen is the worst to work for. She’s spiteful and ignorant and doesn’t care about her employees at all. She takes her bad moods out on the employees and causes a negative work environment. I would not recommend working there until they get rid of her!!
Pros
Coworkers
Best
Place to work 46.5 years Family environment Developed close friendships A lot of good experiences Loved my job Can’t wait time go back casual
I took care of an 86 yr old lady. I helped her dress, cleaned her apartment, cooked her meals did her dishes . Showered her and took her to her Doctors appointment.
Excela provided decent training, however more training may be necessary depending on the position. However it is a great experience working with individuals and the public.
Too much charting and fixing documents. Alot of work even on your days off. Management is accepting of overtime. Feels like your work is never done. Approachable management and supervisors who are easy to talk to.
Started as a great adventure, soon to become just another job that consisted of everything nursing staff didn't want to do. There was no team work, management was so-so. To many click, so if you were not in one of them you were dumped on. After moving to Latrobe Hospital I found it to be no better. There we always work short staffed. Myself working night shift I would be the ALS tech, regular tech, escort, and housekeeper.
Management does not care about employees at all. You are Union but they dont care either. Bullying is accepted. On your feet all shift, mandatory forced overtime, surprise schedule changes that you are unaware of because the dietary manager does what she likes with NO fall out from upper management. You will be belittled, talked down to, treated like a child, get accused of stealing and ambushed with screaming from this manager. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
management, management, management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excela Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight