Excela Health

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Er rn

I enjoy my work culture. everyone is supportive and willing to help you learn and grow as a nurse. the doctors are also supportive and willing to answer questions.

Great job if you like to sit all day

In no way is this job a physically demanding job so if you like to sit all day, this is the job for you. Patient Safety Associates or 'sitters' are paid reasonably but most of the patients you have to put up with are NOT worth it. Between nurses who do not care about you and do not relieve you for breaks to patients who scream at you and threaten to hurt you and nursing staff does nothing about it...that is the worst part of this job. Do not apply for this job if you cannot handle working with mental health patients as the majority of patients that 'sitters' have are admitted for a myriad of mental health issues. Also be prepared to travel to the other Excela hospitals which was not bad at all except that you do not find out until 2-3 hours before your shift starts so if you are scheduled to start at 7am, they will wake you up 3am-4am to let you know which location you are working at that day and you cannot refuse the shift.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Always short staffed

Good Benefits

Good benefits and the doctor I worked for was great! Lots of negativity among associates and not a lot of management interaction. Favoritism among associates by upper management .

Benefits

Cons

Employee favoritism

Good

Good and cool and was nice and fun and was great while being excellent at being nice and having a good time at the same time it was decent and at times exciting

Below average wages

Excela needs to increase wages. Nobody should have the responsibilities given to Excela employees for such little pay. Every company now starts at $15 why wouldnt healthcare pay more? Also needs to practice better covid safety. Employees still share desks, pens, computers and space. High turn over rate.

Pros

Relaxed work environment

Cons

Very little covid precautions and below average pay

No room for advancement/ poorly managed company overall

Points systems for days off are ok. But when they hold an emergency situation against and you have proof of what had occurred it should not be especially when it involves your child.

Pros

Making the patients feel better

Cons

Short breaks or none at all, Constantly being reprimanded for doing your job, someone would complain you werent doing something right or the way they do things

Non inclusive

I just started there & already hate it! the environment is very cliquey. The nurses & techs are really nice to me when literally everyone said they are mean and nasty to them and hate interacting sometimes but you get death stares from coworkers.There's no room for growth or advancement and no encouragement to grow.

Awesome job with awesome management

The management was amazing, helpful, friendly, there whenever you need them, and understanding. The job itself was pretty easy. Spending time with the elderly you learn a lot.

Pros

You can work around your schedule

Cons

Hard to get full time

Run far away, the patients

Homecare is a total mess-Pay well and that's where it stops. Management is terrible. Constant write ups, never back their employees. HR is beyond rude and unprofessional. Patients suffer because not enough staff. Nurses week we got emails. Never given a great job, thanks for the help. Between horrible management and hr I would run far away. Their answer is if you don't like it here go somewhere else. It's bad when 3 senior staff nurses left in 6 months .No work life balance. Too many chiefs! Director is never actually aware of what is going on.staff turnover is a constant problem because of how they treat employees. Staff don't even make it thru orientation they quit it's they bad .

Benefits

Cons

Management, work life balance, not supportive

work place environment

the job responsibilities were clearly outlined and when you went in for your shift you would be bullied into doing the jobs that others did not want to do . It was a constant struggle everyday. the bosses thought it was funny and participated with the bulling .they did not want to get bullied so they allowed it to go on. I tried different jobs and still endured this everyday I was at work . Example I would on my break fill sugar salt and pepper and when I came back to tray line the cups would be missing salt or pepper or sugar or missing everything for that days tray line. I am glad I am gone. I will be unemployed and homeless before I every go back to this culture.

Cons

lbulling in the workplace daily

constant turnover, management clueless

One of the worst jobs I've had! No sense of consistency with scheduling. People who had been on overnights for years were passed over for outside hires for openings on dayshift. Younger techs told "no set schedules" and forced to work sometimes 3 different shifts in one week! Shift differential was terrible - $1 for anything after 4pm, no increases on weekends. New staff sometimes just bio degrees with no training or schooling. Management made NO effort to retain staff - no willingness to be flexible with scheduling (like 3 12s), no willingness to increase pay (sign on bonus but still terribly low wages), no recognition for staff doing a job well done - absolutely nothing. And then they're shocked when turnover is high.

Pros

free parking close to hospital, highest pay for techs in the area (pay still very bad)

Cons

low pay, erratic schedule, lazy/cliquey management, nutty coworkers

staff issues need resolved

Never have any staff anymore which is horrible because it makes the employees that are working that day, work 10 times as hard as they normally would. As a nursing assistant I sometimes have up to 15 patients by myself and have to get vitals and blood sugars on these patients. The nurses sit at the nurses station and do not help me one bit but get mad when their vitals and sugars are not done until late.

Pros

Small hospital, good hours to pick from

Cons

never get a lunch break, rude staff, poor management, no staff

Downhill Since Covid

This place has gone downhill since covid as they took more away from staff, such as decreasing how PTO is accrued, making staff utilize their own PTO for quarantine, etc. I worked worse places but have also worked better places. Healthcare benefits are top notch however.

Decent Job

Great learning environment for new and old grads. Most doctors use NPs appropriately. Lacks in employment diversity overall as a healthcare system but overall would still recommend with hopes that would change. Good work-life balance and pay. Free parking.

Pros

Free parking, work life balance, pay

Cons

No set breaks, No limitations on patient load, No diversity

Great office

Great environment. Very busy but Great group of people in office. Fast paced. Pay is comparable to.other health systems. Great benefits and retirement plan.

Love my Job!

I enjoy my job and feel that we have a great team. My manager is always supportive and listens to the needs of her staff. I recommend coming to work here to all of my friends. I have worked at Several different hospitals and this has been the only place that I have found that actually cares about their employees.

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, Positive attitudes, Competitive pay, Heathcare

The work was a very fulfilling , love working with the patients

I felt like the people who were doing the on the job training had no patients and didn’t want to be bothered by training someone new. I could see there frustration with me . Which made me very uncomfortable on the job .

Quality of care is not present

Very clique oriented in units. Not many will go against the grain. It’s more about quantity versus quality, in which your family member is just a number.

Pros

None.

Cons

The whole experience

Management does not care about the “little people”

Overworked and underpaid. Unsafe staffing ratios. All they care about is revenue. No nurses aid on floor half the time. Upper management does not listen to any suggestions from staff members. Upper management has never put on a pair of scrubs to help during the whole covid crisis.

Employee / Boss

Needs to be more of a boss than a friend. Certain employees create there own rules and boss other workers around. Some of them can be bully's. Especially when new employees start.

Great workplace

I worked for them when they first started off. I quit with little notice and I truly regret it. This was the best job I have ever had and I highly recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excela Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Excela Health with

• Excela Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?