ExcelaCom Employee Reviews

provide me green card
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2019
Provide me green card after working more than 10 years. Work is Very busy I like it a lot and get hand on and good experiences while working at their clients.
A stepping stone for college grads
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 8, 2018
I barely could live on the salary of a Business Analyst, even when living in the Herndon VA suburbs. I currently make 4x that now at my new job with benefits.

Management had favorites, which was difficult when it came time for promotion/reviews if you were an introverted person.

At the time, there was a lack of projects so there were multiple people on the bench waiting.

People were amazing to work with however.
Pros
people were amazing to work with
Cons
No 401(k) match, lack of new projects, management not forward thinking
Stressful workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2017
We were definitely over worked. I was consistently placed on teams where I had to do a lot of the work. They would consistently over- promise to the client and hired people who lacked motivation.
Great for Starting out
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 28, 2016
This is a good company to join if you are a recent graduate.

The issues are predominantly with the lack of room for advancement past consultant and poor upper management.

Once you are placed into a role you will be there until the project is canceled or you quit. Management makes no effort to swap out employees or to cross train. There is NO Org Chart, even though the company is less than 300 people. You will only know those who you work with unless you make an effort to reach out to people on other projects.
HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 12, 2016
It was great.

There was work life balance. I did much of Global HR, but there was no much career advancement to motivate individuals to stay.
Fast paced & Growing Company
engagement manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Great resources and clients to work with. Company believes in self empowering employees to conquer complexities. Resources have opportunities to experience various working environments.
Pros
Self-Empowered working environment, Promote within
Cons
Long work hours & requires commitment to travel
Life as a Consultant
Project Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
A typical day in the life of a consultant is to travel from your home on Monday and then work a full day and then go back to the hotel. If you didn't mind being away from home each week and experiencing a new city now and then it was a fun time.
Pros
Experience to different types of work, expense account
Cons
Work/life balance, lack of training
small company with potential to keep growing
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 11, 2014
only local employee, expected more growth in local market but CEO did not focus on PR growth.
Pros
culture diversity
Cons
constraints to sell new projects in local market by top management.
Quality Assurance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2013
Every day I did quality assurance on the Comcast website and sent daily reports and emails to the team.
Growth both personally and professionally
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2012
Helped me grow both personally and professionally during my time. It was a privilege and a pleasure to work alongside so many talented individuals.
Fun and busy work environment
Contractor- SNI (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 2, 2012
• Ensure levels of service are maintained in the absence of the Recruitment Officer
• Assist Sr. recruiter by searching for resumes on job boards, and arrange interviews by calling or emailing candidates and checked personal references
• Collated data in Taleo relating to the number of applications received, candidates inputted into the system, and job openings
• Maintain spreadsheet of current job openings within the company
• Perform general administrative duties for the recruiting department as well, making copies and answering phones, general clerical work including filing, scheduling appointments and meetings
• Recommends improvements in work flow, procedures, use of equipment and forms. Performs special projects and assignments as requested
• Requests for information from candidates, ensuring that sufficient, accurate and timely information is distributed