Excella Consulting Employee Reviews

Not what I expected
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 21, 2019
They do a great job selling the company to potential employees. Would only recommend this company for developers (I've seen a lot of people learn and grow here, they've built a great community for it). Benefits are slightly better when compared to the big 4 firms (paying for parking/ubers, laptop purchase assistance, etc.). The culture is almost like a high school atmosphere, there are many "cliques" and it's difficult for some people to fit in.
Benefits
Cons
Annual review process. Inexperienced Management. Culture.
Great Place To Work
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 25, 2018
I hope to retire from the company one day. I will continue to be loyal to the firm as the firm is loyal to me. I wouldn't trade my job work/life balance for anything.
Only worked in Extention Center in Blacksburg
Developer (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMay 15, 2018
Excella is a cool company. They have interesting people on staff, and so they have a fun culture. They also are very technically deep, so there is a lot of potential to learn.
Mentoring workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 13, 2018
Excella was a workplace that thrived on mentorship. Managers were always teaching younger employees new concepts and ideas on content we were working on. There was a very present culture of employee development and growth that made it possible for a student like myself to thrive and grow
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Small company
Excellent Growing Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 24, 2018
Excella is growing at a very fast pace and has maintained its small-company feel, for better or worse. Management is cultivating Agile practices across the board, but is struggling to scale those principles into success for their larger projects. Consequently, management experience is lacking and supervisors are neither helpful nor detrimental.

Day-to-day work is generally stress-free and there are nearly no harsh personalities at this company. Everyone is nice to their coworkers and the focus of your average week is well balanced between work and personal professional development.
Pros
Nice people, professional development is a focus, Agile shop
Cons
Small company lacks the managerial experience
great part-time internship
Software Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAOctober 19, 2017
There is an emphasis on teaching/learning and mentorship. It's a really awesome place to work as a college student and it really prepares you for a full-time job.
Great culture
Developer (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAOctober 24, 2016
I only worked for this company for a year during college at a center they use to recruit/provide experience for future graduates. My experience was overall extremely positive. The amount of work was lacking, but that was definitely related to the nature of my position. Management here knows how to inspire the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excella Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Excella Consulting Reviews by Location