Exceptional Children's Foundation Employee Reviews

Heinous evil non caring individuals
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Culver CityJuly 2, 2018
A typical day breaking up fights and doing the job of ten employees without compensation. They do not care about the employees. They do not care about the students with special needs. They are an embarrassment to exceptional students.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
All of the above
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 19, 2018
Hands on experience. Residents were easy to work with, no behavioral issues. Hours were accommodating to my schedule. Staff had open communication. Activities were planned in advanced.
Pros
Dinner Included
Cons
Meetings were held late in the evenings.
having fun while helping others
temp job through a placement agency (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAFebruary 6, 2018
cared for developmentally disabled adults, despite the facility name. changed their diapers, prepared their food, fed them dressed them, and even took them to a dance. We had a great time!
A typical day at work
Mental Health Counselor/Therapist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 24, 2017
This agency is one of the better DMH contracted agencies to work for due to the flexibility you have when scheduling your clients. The supervisors do not micro manage you as long as you get your work done and see your clients every week. A typical day would be to see about 70% of your clients in the field and the others in the office. The worst part of the job is driving constantly from one home to another and being stuck in traffic. It is wear and tear on you and your car.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long hours and travel
Mental Health Team
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 30, 2017
I have been part of the mental health team for almost 4 years. You will never find a better therapy team then this. Great environment with friendly and approachable therapist's. Everyone is always wanting to help each other and everyone offers great support. Trainings are always available and you get great support from your supervisors and by the director. Great work environment if you want to grow as a clinician and gain therapeutic experience.
Pros
Great therapist's and co-workers, friendly, and knowledgable staff
The company does not care for employees nor clients.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 6, 2017
I work for the company for approximately 8 years at the Nonpublic School once we transition with them they where terrible they don't care for the families nor clients. They only care for the money they receive for the clients. The environment for the school is unclean and the students are not learning at all. The students with behaviors run around all day, without supervision. Employees get hurt form restraints and the company does not care. There are no pay raises has well.
Pros
Company in a great area of Culver City .
Myj bosses, Sunny Robilotta and Gary de Vera were very good mentors
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 1, 2016
I have learned a lot from this company. I have learned to assist in doing monthly closing of the books. I enjoyed also working for the staff and other employees of this company. I have also been touched by the mission statement of this company which is extending help to the disabled youth and adults of our communities in the Los Angeles area.
Pros
Provided monthly closing accounting skills as well as superisory skills.
Cons
No Cons.
Productive and fun workplace.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 10, 2015
Fun workplace and very productive.They schedule lots of outings and activies for the residents daily..Full time position with benefits.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare and Dental benefits.
organized company
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 29, 2014
ucp is a very organized large company which provides good training and great benefits on the job
Pros
rn on site
Cons
no raises
Working with developmental disability
Developmental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 14, 2014
Teaching and mentoring adult and kids with developmental disability is a commitment and a lending hand to reach out those “special need” and makes a difference. Its a rewarding career to help and mentor with Adult developmental disability.
Pros
rewarding career
Cons
low pay
Promotions Lead was a leadership position supporting sales
Bryan Farrish Radio Promotions, Telephone Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica CaliforniaApril 21, 2014
Overall this job was filled with a day of phone calls to program directors at radio stations across the United States. The entire operation was automated via a computer program relaying progress directly to the client/artist we represented on various promotion campaigns.

I was able to galvanize the office sales people to increase sales substantially. This was based on my success getting other clients/artists gigs and airtime on radio shows throughout the United States.
Pros
Artists were awesome
Cons
Limited aspects of the job prevented success for some artists.
I have always enjoyed clerical work.
Clerical Aid Trainee (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 6, 2014
The chance to utilize my customer service skills and other office skills improved my oppportunities to learn the department well.
One of the best jobs ever.
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Planned trips and worked with Developmentally disabled adults.
Human Resources Professional
HR Assistant/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 23, 2013
Fast pased enviornment.
California Laws
Management is great.
Working with employees with developmental disabilities.
Working through the deficiencies instead of working effectively.
Being a human resource to all employees in the organization.
Pros
Healthcare, Mission
Cons
Technology
Provides good services to consumers but systems need to be upgraded
HR Generalist/Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 30, 2013
Company provides warm and supportive services to the population it serves at multiple locations. Systems could benefit by being upgraded and streamlined. I learned a lot about working with a wide variety of people. I also learned a great deal about leave administration and benefits administration. Education is encouraged by management.
Pros
It feels good to work at a company whose main product is providing services for those who need them
Cons
hard to maintain a work/life balance. No internal training system for new HR employees
see below
PAR Counselor/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 12, 2012
A typical day at work included making visits at the client's worksites, getting client feedback / input about the job and any other aspect of their lives which they deem important (primarily job related) ,consulting with the hiring managers, documenting in and updating their case files, scheduling and conducting team meetings annually, monthly, semi-annually and as needed, consulting with Job Developer re. upcoming employment opportunities ,assessing which client would be a perfect match, and providing follow up services ( one month, three month, six month and yearly evaluations). Also, performing additional duties as needed by management. I learned that I enjoy working with persons who are disabled and that they are people first and disabled second. Management and my co-workers (as well as I) showed great concern and care for the whole person with the goal of making each client as independent and self suffcient as possible.
Pros
one on one time with the clients, flexibility of tasks, team membership
Cons
low salary
Great place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA.January 10, 2012
Overall it was a great place to work. Great Art program for person with MR\ DD.
Pros
great art program
Cons
advancement for long time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exceptional Children's Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Exceptional Children's Foundation Reviews by Location