Exceptional Children Employee Reviews

Rewarding
Instructional Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 30, 2018
Supervising programs for sped kids is very rewarding and reflects my many years of experience in the field. It is very rewarding to pass on the tricks of the trade to a younger group of teachers.
Colleagues great to work with
Permanent Substitute Teacher, Proviso Area (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 12, 2018
Worked with special needs children (behavior and learning)
stressful days
learned how to understand and manage at risk children
colleagues great
administration worked well with staff
environment relaxed at times
some days children were difficult
Pros
winter and summer breaks
Cons
low salary
Exceptional Children CMS
Special Ed. Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte,ncOctober 24, 2017
Very inconsistent and very stressful and often times Administration forget to humanize teachers and that is unacceptable. It leads to lower efficacy and make you feel unworthy
Productive Positive Environment
Para-Educator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 11, 2017
Working in the school systems of New Hanover County has been a delightful learning experience. Thankfully we have a positive team morale with all staff, including administration. I could not have asked for a better community of teachers and other professionals to work together in providing all of our students with a well rounded educational experience each year.
very structured and organized learning environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 16, 2015
work with students k-5 with a variety of disabilities.

manage caseloads such as IEP's and behavior management

keep close communication with parents

enjoy seeing students make growth
Long days yet rewarding
Teacher, Chase High School (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCApril 7, 2013
My typical day starts at 7:20am, where I'm preparing lessons from my own creations involving reading, writing, mathematics, study skills, organizational skills, etc. for my students, as well as completing IEP's (Individual Education Plans) for each student, organizing and scheduling meetings with parents, administrators, and teachers. I also provide each teacher of each student (about 90-100 teachers in all) with the goals and modifications of each student within the first few days of each semester. I provided testing modification sheets for each student to the counselors for End of Course testing, Vocational Testing, and Teacher Made Tests. I'm constantly communicating and collaborating with teachers and administrators concerning students.
Classroom management is demanding respect of your students and giving them respect in return. When you establish rules, expectations, and consequences and are consistent, the students will follow your lead. Management of caseloads and the paperwork required is a matter of self-discipline and time management.
My co-workers work as a team in order to accomplish our goals in serving students and educating them.
The hardest part of my job is completing all my job requirements in a limited amount of time and keeping everyone on the same page. It is challenging but not impossible as long as you communicate.
The most enjoyable part of my job is actually interacting with the students. They make everything else worth it and keep a smile on my face. If I'm having a rough time, they find a way to get me out of that mood and make me relax and remember
  more... what is important.  less
Pros
holidays and summers off
Cons
you work about 50-60 hours a week for a small salary, which decreased signicantly when i took this job