Exchange Bank Employee Reviews

Good job
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAApril 7, 2018
Good job. Great customers. A little cliquey. There is a lot expected from every employee but the pay doesn't match the requirements from the employees
Pros
Bankers hours
Difficult place to work at due to poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA 95407March 19, 2018
Management was awful always showing favoritism to certain employees and holding back advancement on those who are not one of the favorites. My co-workers were very helpful and knowledgeable. Felt more comfortable approaching my co-workers with questions and help. Pay is not great for the amount of work you do benfits were ok.
Good work place for several years until new manager of dept.
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Perry, OKFebruary 1, 2018
All was great and I learned a lot at this job. Had great supervisors for first 9 yrs. and then a new supervisor was hired and she actually stocked me - partially due to me being best friends with previous supervisor and then because I applied for the job and she got it????? Never understood, but I needed to move closer to my sons and better pay since I was a single person on my own.
Pros
Working at my pace and friendly people working with in other departments.
Cons
Last supervisor and her work ethics toward me.
Challenging, fun job
Customer Service Rep. Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Very challenging job, you learn a lot about finance but it’s fun once you get the hang of everything he job entails. Hard on your body if you aren’t used to sitting for multiple hours a day.
Pros
Healthcare was great
Cons
Not a lot of flexibility
Good place to start out
Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 8, 2017
Great culture but also a lot of favoritism. You only advance if someone retires or if the higher ups like you. Overall it’s a good Company to start your career in banking but I wouldn’t recommend anyone to stay more than 2 years. Salary it’s not the best yet you’re expected to give WOW customer service.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor Management, Favoritism, Lack of technology
A slow but exciting place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 4, 2017
It was a nice place to work but management was chosen by seniority and not by merit. Management achieved the bare minimum and were promoted because they had been there longest.
Lovely, LOVELY Bank to Work For
Teller (Former Employee) –  Perry, OKSeptember 19, 2017
Loved this bank, loved the co-workers, loved the atmosphere, and loved the job. It's truly an employee and customer based bank, and everyone around can feel that difference.
good company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 20, 2017
The company rewards their employees for hard work as well as works well with the public. we work hard but the company rewards with appreciation days and lunches
Pros
team lunches
Voted Best Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 16, 2017
A company that values it's employees and customers with open communications from all levels. Management is truly transparent and makes in person visits to keep everyone informed of company happenings and trends in the marketplace. A very well known establishment that has a rich history dating back 125 years. This company promotes a high level of community involvement, encouraging volunteering amongst it's employees, and raising money for many charities, sponsoring events and giving back to the community. All this while striving for delivering superior customer service and progressively updating it's services to appeal to the ever changing world of finances. This company likes to promote from within, and cross-training and shadowing other departments is encouraged along with any other training you could desire. Advancement is part of the supportive culture. A true feeling of being part of a team with everyone respecting each other and working toward the same daily outcome of delivering service to the best of our abilities, always striving to go the extra mile. I've learned this high level of service we strive for is always rewarded with feelings of self accomplishment and gratitude from our customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping our customers any way I can within the scope of my position. This is a people business and if you love people this is the perfect place to be.
Pros
Health benefits;401K;Personal Holidays;Vacation;Paid Holidays;Competiive wages.
Cons
Saturday hours
Exchange Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 4, 2017
Provide exceptional customer service to all external and internal customers
Provide telephone support for customers including call backs, responding to inquiries and solving problems
Cross-sell products and services to achieve branch and individual goals
Refer customers to other Bank departments for additional financial service products
Accept customer deposit, withdrawals and process loan payments, cash checks and other teller transactions according to policies and procedures
Receive and dispense currency and coin while keeping cash in drawer to a minimum and within established limits
Perform special projects and research as assigned and perform other duties as assigned.
Pros
Fast Pace Enviroment and friendly Customer.
Cons
Heater never worked
Proof and Transit Specialist
Proof and Transit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA 95403November 12, 2016
This company definitely puts their customers first and loves to keep active in the community. I was in the Proof department and we basically enter in checks that cant be processed by the computers. Definitely my favorite bank and was favorite job.
Pros
Had an awesome crew to work with and got to go a lot of fun activities with out community.
Cons
Had to enter checks 8 to 10 hours a day.
Productive work environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKOctober 13, 2016
The Exchange Bank provided a very welcoming and relaxed work environment. It was a great place to be employed. The officers do their absolute bet to educate new employees on how the banking industry works.
Fun and Productive
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 29, 2016
Customers truly made it the best. Always learned their names and made a friendly relationship and not just a number out of them.
Fun environment, my ideas on efficiency were heard and taken into consideration
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP,NEW ACCOUNTS REP,TELLER (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKSeptember 20, 2016
I enjoyed the work environment and talking to the customers, I remembered many of their account numbers which made for quicker service. I was on a first name basis with nearly all our customers, I had opened many of their accounts as I was also a New Accounts Rep. I loved that I got the opportunity to progress and grow so quickly with the company, receiving four promotions within a year. Since I had so many responsibilities, at times it was difficult to get to everything everyday. I had trained new employees on my responsibilities so they could begin to take on some of mine. I liked staying busy and always having something to do.
Pros
opportunities to grow, stayed busy, my ideas were heard
Cons
poorly managed, poor treatment of employees
overall good company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sebastopol, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Exchange Bank. I love the culture and dedication of it's employees. I recomend this Bank for your financial needs as well.
Great place to have worked for
Data Entry/Coding (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
Exchange was a great bank to work for. They embraced their customer to the fullest as well as their employees. Exchange was an old fashion bank with old fashion values.
Pros
Great bonuses and regarded their employees as an asset
An amazing place to work and grow
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  LobbyApril 21, 2015
The bank has taught me some very valuable like lessons that I never would have learned working in other jobs typical to college students.
Pros
amazing interactions
The Exchange Bank
Drive Thru Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Skiatook, OKJanuary 13, 2015
I learned a lot about the banking world in my 5 years of being employed here. I met a lot of great people. I love working with money. I loved everything about my job.
Good environment with great customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Petaluma CaAugust 21, 2014
Deposits and cash handling along with excel balancing of vault along with occasional wire transfers, various reports, and even foreign currency exchange. Friendly co-workers and great staff to aid in getting all tasks completed by the end of the work day. Getting new clients to walk into the branch is the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Slow pace
Needs improvement
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 7, 2014
Co-workers were great and benefits were good. Management is poor and bank is very dysfunctional. Difficult and very time consuming to get loans through the system, questionable ethics and lack of integrity, customer service is also lacking due to bank's overall culture.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
management, ethics, integrity, overall bank culture