Executive Jet Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a good place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2018
This company lies to you from the moment you talk to a recruiter. They told me I was applying for a new "combined" position..... then after I was hired I was told by my managers that the position was no longer happening and that I was stuck in this position that I didn't sign up for. HR is useless and doesn't care. I wouldn't apply to this company, they have no direction. Their executive team does a lot of preaching, but doesn't walk the talk and thinks it's everyone else but them. People are leaving in mass from this company hence all the positions that are available on here.

They have departments who push their own agendas. OS and Charter Fulfillment namely who treat others in the company like dirt and rarely see beyond the walls their confined in. A lot of what they do goes unchecked so be prepared to have them try to nail you for something while they remain faultless. They think you are there to serve them. One male in charter fulfillment that needs to be looked at closely and how he talks to people over the phone from other departments. I heard they are managed by someone in CMH but the employees are based here in Cincinnati, How does that pass the smell test!?

The company's technology is dated and they change directions constantly from what I can tell. They just spent a year researching a technology only to reverse course and start over again and remain with a tracking software that is doss at best.

Best to just steer clear of this company. I've been here two years and this isn't a place you want to get settled into. I'm looking..
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Poor Leadership and booking departments that rule the world
Just OK
FOC / Operations agent / Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2018
This is an ok place to work. Don't plan on making it a career. FOC management, with the exception of one manager, really cares very little for their employees. They claim they want suggestions but they don't care. This is the most unorganized company, I've ever worked for. They use multiple excel files and word documents as their primary systems. The fleet tracking software is doss at best. They don't provide the tools to do the job needed. They blame their shortcoming on you. The management has no idea of daily operations. Should you make a mistake they are quick to write you up. Their is very little formal training, which leads to said mistakes. FOC staff is demoralized.

Majority of the company views you as their servant in FOC, yet Ops managers are content to allow their people to get bullied by other departments. They have a SOP, but are quick to dismiss it when it fits their needs that week. Constantly updating procedures, which make it nearly impossible to know what's the right way and the wrong way this week.

They rule with intimidation, as most people their it's their first job out of college and they prey on this.

This is an OK, place to work majority of the FOC employees are good people. They stick around for the paycheck and not the love of the job.

Consider this a stepping stone and not a career. Don't come here expecting to change anything or have your opinion heard. Their way or no way.

BTW: CNN and FOX news plays all day in front of us. However your not permitted to talk about politics in the office. Yes they police conversations.
Pros
Good pay, however the competition is matching them now
Cons
FOC management / bad company inner company communication
Great company!
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2018
But if you're there and love it, don't ever leave; even those who leave on great terms for legitimate reasons never get rehired. Exciting company with many great people, new daily challenges, and fantastic benefits.
Not a great place
Maintenance Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJanuary 17, 2018
Do what they tell you and dont voice any concern about the wrong you see. They will tell your aircraft owner what they want to hear to get them in the door while telling you that they dont need your business. Even if you follow the Maintenance Manual, they may still get rid of you!!
To big
Aviation (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Company has grown to large and is very fragmented. Hardly any room for advancement. Huge gap be between the headship and the front line workers on the day to day operations of the company. Management is all talk. Most projects/ideas stall out shortly after rolled out. A lot of non-aviation personnel working aviation positions. Seems to be loosing structure over the years.
Pros
Decent pay and good benefits
Cons
no advancement, poor leadership
A lot of friction and political issues between management and other departments
Flight Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2017
Good pay and great benefits. Co-workers were great. Bad hours and shifts. Management has major issues especially the friction that exists between different departments
Pros
Pay, health Insurance, 401k
Cons
Management, shifts, Room for advancement is poor
The best employment opportunity in my life.
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 27, 2017
The absolute best, could not asked for any better. Unbelievable trustworthy, balance, growth, salary, benefits, travel, secure, responsibility. I recommend if given the opportunity.
Great work for the aviation pro
Outbase Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2017
Overall, it is a great company with great benefits for an aviation professional to work. there are times that can be a little overwhelming, but there are the resources in place to help with any issues that may arise.
Pros
Training events and support
Cons
some unwanted travel
Excellent Company
Fleet Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at time at Executive Jet Management. The individuals I worked along side, as well as my superiors, where very knowledgable and professional; but, they also knew how to make work enjoyable and how to make it a good environment to learn in.
Pros
Occasional free lunches on management; Very understanding superiors;
Great work/life balace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2016
EJM was a great experience, exposing me to aviation for the first time. The company paid for my Dispatch license, as well as, Operational Control cert. The FOC (Flight Operation Center) is a fast-pace, friendly environment with great people working in it. There is little room for advancement within the center, as people have been in their jobs quite a number of years. I chose to leave to better my aviation career, but overall have few negative things to say.
Pros
Free employee engagement events, friendly HR department, great benefit package, profit sharing/yearly raises
Cons
Little room for advancement within departments, compensation
Successful company but upward mobility is difficult
Client Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 19, 2014
The company is very successful and backed by one of the largest private aviation corporations in the world. It is a relaxed work environment, but upward mobility is difficult. Also, the middle management has struggled to make a positive impact on the rest of the company.
One of the best "complete packages" out there.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2014
This is an exciting company with constant well-supported opportunities to learn and grow. The people are mostly genuine family-oriented folks who enjoy having fun at work while remaining productive and professional. Benefits are the best I've ever seen and the industry is always evolving and exciting. If you already work there, don't ever leave! You will regret it, and it seems like EJM does not welcome a chance to come back, as I and countless other good, former employees have found out (the only downside to the organization).
Pros
Great benefits, supportive management, internal growth opportunities.
Cons
Slighly low compensation; but aviation tends to run that way.
ehh
Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2013
okay job as long as your are on the good side of management.

You are expected to work 10 hour days and at least 1 weekend-no questions. no official lunch breaks, you can get something from the snack machine or bring in your lunch, but you have to eat at your desk; and take calls while eating.

Overall just a bad experience.
Great company all around!
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2013
I held 3 different positions while with Executive Jet and learned so much about aviation while working with fun, intelligent, and professional people. Work/life balance was always recognized as were opportunities to grow and develop in areas of interest, whenever possible. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to work hard, and yet enjoy coming to work almost every day. Not many jobs can boast those attributes! I would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
great benefits, fun environment, lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
industry salaries a little below average, but they will work with you, if possible.
Productive, friendly atmosphere
Finance/Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2012
I enjoyed working at Executive Jet, all of the management were friendly and always willing to help with any questions I had. I felt like it was a close knit group working within not only just the accounts payable but also the entire finance/accounting department.
Company good; has too many turf protectors inside, and barriers
Standards Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2012
Good company and positive direction in some areas, but outside this, management styles will go from one extreme of positive development and attitudes, to belittle, humiliation, and intimidation acts. Many tenured personnel that seem to be protected within that don't provide that care or honesty that makes you really want to work for them. Great co-workers throughout organization.
Pros
free coffee, co-workers
Cons
management styles, benefits, training in professional jobs in most areas lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Executive Jet Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Executive Jet Management Reviews by Location