Executive Travel, Inc. Employee Reviews

Agents are great but beware of management
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  virtualNovember 21, 2018
The company comes across as a great place to work for on paper but unfortunately management will lie and cut your throat at any corner to make a buck. Too much he said she said. Most agents are highly respected and prefer to work in a professional atmosphere. Beware.
Official response from Executive Travel, Inc.
November 26, 2018

We have an anonymous survey of how we are doing as an employer with over 40 questions and we survey all our employees semi-annually. We have done this over the last 3 years. The last survey we did 92% of employees said they were excited about going to work, and 78% agreed that Senior management and employees trust each other with only 4% disagreed with this statement.

Current Employee
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 25, 2018
Management is involved every day and they are available for questions and answers.
Work hours are flexible and they have a good work/family balance.
Pros
Schedule flexability
Cons
On call weekends
Typical work day
Corporate Travel (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 25, 2018
Very fast paced job. Multitasking is a must! Great employees and a caring executive team. Management really listens to your suggestions on how to make things better.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Storm season long hours
Great company to work for small, yet big......
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 23, 2018
I love working for Executive Travel. They are small enough to know you and care about you as an individual. You are not just a number. They are, however, large enough to have nice benefits and knowing you have work year round, without having to take layoffs (like some companies I have worked for in the past). I have worked here for 5 years and love it. I plan to stay until my retirement. The work from home is a great perk and they give all the tools needed to do your job successfully.
Pros
Work from home, great benefits and travel perks
Great Workplace
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  1212 O StreetOctober 22, 2018
I enjoy working here the last two years...
It's local and family owned. Our manager comes out and says good morning to us each morning, and always making sure we are doing ok.

It is a fast paced environment, but that's what I like. We keep very busy throughout the year.

We work as a team, but also independently (if that makes any sense), and we have a great work culture. We are pretty laid back in the office, but very professional and dependable. Dress is professional.
Pros
Professional workplace, great benefits, Management's cool.
Cons
cannot get time off during busy season (Jan-April)
Workplace culture
Groups, Meetings & Incentives Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 6, 2017
Executive Travel is a great team-oriented place to work. It is a great place to work if you are looking for a family-friendly environment. The work-life balance is ideal as they allow plenty of flexibility when it comes to planning around doctor appointments, time off for sick children and personal time off for vacation. I highly recommend working here if you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career within the Travel Industry.
Fast Paced, fun and ever changing enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 2, 2017
I love working here. It is fast paced and things are always changing.
If you like change and helping people, you will love working here.
I feel like the people I work with are my second family. During storm season and world events hours can get long, but I do feel appreciated for the work I put in. This job has helped me learn many different computer systems and allows me to talk to and meet people everyday. I love the travel industry and I love Executive Travel.
Pros
Meeting lots of people, learning new things all the time, sporting events, company trips, fun meetings and outings.
Cons
Long hours during storm season but fun if you like talking to and helping people.
Very appealing to someone who likes change and being innovative
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 2, 2017
Being on the support team we get to work in various groups in the company which makes for a lot of busy and exciting days. Being able to learn so many different positions in the company is fascinating. Compared to a lot of other companies we are a smaller company which also makes for a second family. We are all very close and involved in our co-workers lives. The hardest part about our jobs would have to be not being able to help someone who needs our assistance because of some world event that is out of our hands. The best part of our jobs is helping others who rely on us to get them from point A to point B and sometimes C and D, without hesitation!
Pros
Company trips, Sporting Events, Concerts etc...
Cons
Depending on the weather or world events could make for some long days, but that is also exciting if you like helping poeple!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Corporate Team (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 2, 2017
ETI is a very busy travel office, we have leisure agents in office, as well as work at home corporate agents. We get together at least a couple times a year in the main office in Lincoln NE. It is great to get together with everyone you work with when we are all so spread out. It is great to be able to talk directly to the CEO, COO, CFO, or the CCO and tell them your ideas, concerns
whatever you need and you know they honestly care about your thoughts. At ETI you are treated as an individual, and not a number. I can honestly say this is the best company I have worked for BY FAR.
High stress, low pay & co. cared very little about employees
VACATION TRAVEL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 18, 2014
10-12 hr days for hourly pay that was not respectable. Commission based job that was commission or hourly & there balance to make up the created a debt to the co. if you didn't go over your hourly every pay check. Without a client base this was an extremely difficult task. I was just a person to fill a seat there.
Pros
No micro-managing, decent benefits
Cons
You don't actually get to travel to exciting destinations
Official response from Executive Travel, Inc.
October 23, 2018

We are sorry that this position did not work out for you. The pay structure for our Vacation Agents is based on performance with unlimited earning potential and a guaranteed wage to help with seasonal fluctuations in sales.

Fast paced, always changing environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 3, 2013
Answer and direct phone calls to multiple departments, employees. I have learned how to use new travel programs and travel industry regulations and rules. Work on projects for many employees from each department. Majority of work is done via phone and computer.
Great Place to work
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2013
Fun company to work for. Diverse group of employees make this company unique and an over all great place to work.