Exela Technologies Employee Reviews

Although worked an average of 8 to 10 hours per day, I was listed as a part-time employee because at anytime, I could be sent home for lack of work.
Office Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2018
Due to being categorized as a part-time employee, I was not eligible for benefits, and although I worked an average of 40 hours a week or more, I was only allowed part-time vacation days of 5 days per year. A full-time position was offered at $2.50 per hour less than I was making. I declined the position as I had already found another job.
Pros
Got to do a variety of different jobs which kept things interesting.
Cons
Employees not valued by upper management.
It Helped me through college
Mail Handler / Copy Center (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 12, 2018
My manager who runs most of the sites in North Jersey has been the best and has helped me out through most of my time here. Started as a temp and became a part time then to an on call so i could attend college full time. As a way to make money for college students and a middle ground, it is a great place to be. For a career, it is a dead end. If you just need something for the mean time or are retired and need to just make some type of income, this is a good job. If you wish to make money and advance yourself, i do not recommend this company
Pros
Flexible, good people, paid vacations, good manager
Cons
No Raises EVER, insurance sucks
Stay Away From The Reading/Tuckerton Area
Mail Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 11, 2018
Easiest job in the world very quick to learn the duties and functions of this position, however. The pay is horrible and management does absolutely NOTHING about BAD employees. I should not have to verbatim ask management to take better control over their staff in handling confrontation. Working in a shared office with a rude and nosey individual who does not respect you as a person or your personal life. Stay away all of these people are headaches at what COULD be a smooth running company.
Pros
No raises or room to advance
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 11, 2018
I worked for the company for years until my layoff. The pay was low and there was no room to advance. You can work for this company for years and you get nowhere. My manager was great!! He always worked with his employees when they needed time off for family or anything important in their lives. When you work for the company for so many years you don't qualify for a raise. I hadn't had a raise in years. I was told I was a "good employee" but a raise wasn't in the budget. This company does not care about their employees. Novitex/Exela is a joke. It maybe a good place to work for someone who is just starting out in the work field or a retired person but not for someone who is trying to advance themselves. Stay far away from this company.
job is okay
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2018
Not bad job, think management could be better and the job really really needs employees but instead they have 3 people working extremely hard when more help could be hired. I think the people are a little prejudice towards me but its not a big deal I come to work and go home. I dont recommend for young people because I dont think they like anyone under 25. I think they think young people are incapable of working hard. Incredibly hard to conatct HR. HR lady was a little rude when asking a simple question. Jump through hoops just to get on the phone with someone. The hiring process is alot of work. The job itself is good. Benefits are good.
Pros
always something to do, clients are nice, independence
Cons
managing, over working, overlooking hardworkers
This company is great to work as an regular employee but if higher position it will be super stressfull.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 17, 2018
Do not have sufficient management to cover all workers. Stressful because they don't give you the proper tools or workers to complete task. I'm thankful for all the years of work i did but at the end i realize that its not right to feel sick because of the amount of work for one person.
Pros
paid
Cons
explotation
This company works with everyone to maintain a work and family life balance.
General clerk ll (Current Employee) –  London, KYOctober 22, 2018
Novitex is a good company to work for. They see the benefits of vacation time, holiday time, and sick time. They do not have affordable health insurance, but pay us to be able to afford private insurance if needed. They allow time to be made up for illness or school if it is needed.
Pros
Sick time, vacation time, holiday time off
Great employees
CSA (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 12, 2018
I've worked at Exela for over 10 years. Although there have been numerous management changes, the employees were great. Everybody worked well together. You have a couple of bad apples but what company doesn't have that.

There were good days and there were really, really stressful days but we all managed to get through it. My manager worked with me when I had to make changes to my schedule or if I had to take a day off that was already closed. All in all the environment, employees were good.
Pros
Employees easy to work with
Cons
no consistent annual pay increase
Physical
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 3, 2018
They are a contract company that's falling apart very poor in management and leads are very lazy no supervision on the leads so they basically get to do what ever they want just demand and give you more work when times get busy they will not offer any help to there team one sits down all day and the other is out walking half the day manager and lead are related so no way of moving up plus they start you at 15 and no raise at all nice people but processors,drivers and shipping departments making that company still stand very hard on excepting vacation request due short staffed company is falling apart
Cons
Horrible place to work. Do not recommend
Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 25, 2018
Management is the most ineffective and uncaring that I have ever worked for. They require all of this work and don't even come close to fairly compensating you. Never provide the adequate amount of staff for site that you are at. Afraid of lawsuits so they won't fire bad employees. Our OSM is bipolar and will force Exela management to fire people that she doesn't like personally.
Pros
A job if needed
Cons
Unfair Compensation, Ineffective Management, Short-staffed

Want to know more about Exela Technologies?

Ask a question
Good for a temp job.
Copy Center & Mailroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 22, 2018
The job isn't hard and you learn a lot at the site that have a copy center. It's very laid back most of the time and other times it can be like your running around with your head cut off, all depends on the site and day.

If your looking for something to pay your bills for now, this is a okay job. you will have time to apply at jobs or do side business (if you freelance). But there are no raises and the benefits aren't the best...

Most team leaders and managers are good people and its rare to get that one bad boss. Been at more than one site, have yet to here an employee complain about the managers (only the business).
Best job I ever had. Only thing missing is some raises.
Mail and Dock Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2018
Wonderful company, great leadership, great team members. I get to work with people who understand that sometimes life just happens. And we are given the space to tend to our lives and not be punished for it.
Pros
Leadership/Management
Cons
Long walks from Contractor parking lots to actual places we work from.
My work experience
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJOctober 1, 2018
My whole experience working here was terrible. I was working here temp to hire. Employees was very nasty and too nosy for my liking. I was being followed around everywhere. I was being followed to the bathroom and being watched while eating lunch and going to my car. Wouldn’t recommend anyone working here, need a while new management team and employees
No raises, yet new equipment and new tasks.
Print Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Managers would rather spend money on boxes and non-essential office products than offer employees a raise. Managers allow clients to treat service workers in any old way. We must walk on eggshells when dealing with the client. what the say goes, no matter what it is.
Pros
Free lunches depending on location, Some clients are like angels.
Cons
mismanagement, no pay raises, no union, additional task as we go along with no additional compensation.
Nice company, but should be temporary
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2018
Novitex is a nice company, with your boss sometimes managing you remotely and you can be autonomous (in my experience). Whenever they visit, you get a free lunch, and can sometimes give you a free $25 gift card if you were good workers.

However, it seems they are unwilling to give a pay raise constantly, because for the past 6 months, we've been told we were getting a pay raise and no actual raise has come.
Pros
Free Lunches, autonomy in some places, can make your own system
Cons
Poor pay, may not like the location you work at
Not a company I would recommend
Mailroom Supervisor for a secured mailroom (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 8, 2018
Loved the job but the company was not the best, my managers were in 2 other states on the east coast and I was let go because it was time for my raise, have found out since I left that one of the employees that still works for them hasn't received a raise in pay in over 4 ears and they're afraid to ask for one. Have been working from home since I left this company
Wouldn't recommend working here to others
Customer Service Associate - Copy/Reprographics (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 12, 2018
Didn't like working here at all management was horrible. Benefits were alright. I did like the co-workers that worked in my department at the time being. Was impossible for anyone to move up in the company even if you worked there for a long time.
OK place
Data Entry,Scanner,Coder (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 16, 2018
some of the people are really nice, I like my boss, the hardest part of the job is doing 8 hours a day and getting no recognition for you work, It is hard to work Monday through Friday and when you get you check you cant pay you rent or put food on the table for you family, I do so much more than what is required of my and I do not get paid what I should. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Paid Vacations
Cons
Not enough pay for the work that is done.
All for themselves!!!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Working for this company opened my eyes. Compensation was not a problem. Management always has a favorite. The workplace is always cutthroat and now they are only giving me 5 day to find a job with the company or else I loose everything. I only recommend working here if you have to. This company You never move up so do not take chances.
Pros
Good pay In NYC
Cons
Management Sucks, Wont Move up in Ranks
Overall I loved my Job
Mail Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Above all of the problems that did occur in the workplace, I loved my job. Most of the time, I had to depend on myself to get my work done in a time officiate manner. Which is great if you love to work alone, like myself. Management can be a bit troublesome at times, due to the disorganization of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exela Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9