Exela Technologies Employee Reviews

2.3
Ratings breakdown
Excellent place to work
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Well when you work for exela they show how to be a family not a co-worker. They teach you how work on different machine. How work as a team player so i will be happy to tell you that exela is a company
Pros
Team player
Cons
Work hard
I dont know
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2018
To be honest I don't what to say. I mean is this even important? I usually just type in question marks but this thing requires more than just 3 questions marks.
Favoritism in Management/ Team Lead Dishonesty
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 24, 2018
Since I started Employees would tell me to watch out for the team lead cause she lied a lot to management about the employees which caused people quit
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Favoritism in Management
This company is awful
Office Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. The pay was low and the benefits were minimal. Human Resources was non-existent. We were constantly short-staffed and expected to take on more responsibilities because of this. We were promised a raise that would take effect in May 2018 and still have not gotten it at the time of this review(It is now late July, 2018), and have been given no reason as to way our raises that we were promised have not been received; we were simply told to be patient. It does not appear to me that they are making any real effort to hire more employees, despite the fact that we are short-staffed and the client-contract allows for more positions to be filled.

The management have unrealistic expectations of their employees that are impossible to live up to. Furthermore, they now have my manager working in two different client-sites, so we are all spread pretty thin. Upper-management is non-existent. I don't even know their names.There is a high turnover rate, as people are constantly leaving for better jobs.
Pros
Really aren't any.
Cons
Horrible benefits, Short-staffed, Broken promises with regard to raises and benefits. Non-existent Human Resources. Horrible Pay.
Good company but lacks focus on employee development and competitive salary
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 23, 2018
Good company but lacks focus on employee development and competitive salary. Management wants employees to perform at their best level and deliver high customer service, however, the employer does not pay for employee growth.
Average company with average benefits
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2018
The work is relatively routine at most locations however raises are rarely given and there is a level of isolation from the corporate headquarters and the rest of the company on a whole because you are an outsource employee providing services for another company.
friendly employees.
Remittance Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 17, 2018
No feedback at all, no communication and not recognizing the good employees. Just promoting the employees that makes so many errors. Instead of giving pay increases to the good employees they took away some of our vacation time off, no sick days and only observing three holidays per year.
Cons
taken away some vacation time off, no sick days, only observing 3 holidays per year.
productive and relaxed work place with choice of listening to personal music
Data Entry Agent (Current Employee) –  London, KYJuly 12, 2018
The work days could be as long as 10 hours a day and were on most days, with mandatory overtime Saturdays. The job environment could feel very fast paced, yet relaxing at the same time.
Great company to work for.
Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 7, 2018
Excela is good company to work for that maintains a stress free work environment. The work culture is very diverse, and the management is flexible and really understands how to keep a good healthy workplace.
N/a
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I do not wish to add the information at this time. There is too much to list and I do not want the information posted on-line as to avoid any negative ramifications.
Striving for Excellence
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 17 years. It has been through ups and downs, but has always strived for improvement. As in other corporations, we all wish for better understanding and communication from Top Management, but overall, I have had great experiences with my one-up managers. This is not the kind of company you can expect to skate by with a minimum of effort, but if you work hard, you can go far. I've been able to move up the ladder as a minority female by taking ownership of the job, developing great teams and learning how to work WITH corporate policies to create a great experience for employees and clients. While there may be some sites out there that our poorly managed, I know there are great managers, directors and VP's at this company working hard to make it a better place all the time. But, if you want to be paid high for doing easy work, this probably isn't the place for you. If you want to work hard, have a great attitude and care about customers, you will do well here.
Pros
Opportunities, Pay, Development
Cons
Change Management
New position - enjoying the opportunities
Sr. IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 1, 2018
I have been introduced to many new tools in the IT field and I am excited to be able to learn and use them.
The current physical environment is noisy and not very team-oriented.
Management made me 😢
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2018
Management made leave this job sooner than I wanted to. The manager is heartless. Don't care about the employee at all.. Me and ny co-worker felt like slave. But we made it work by laughing and being a team. The treatment by micromanagerment Manager was
like beingg in slaving.
Pros
Client was nice
Cons
You a slave
Run Away
Insurance/Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson - Plano, TXJune 23, 2018
If you love low pay, micromanagement and pettiness this is the workplace for you. This company is one of the worst managed companies I’ve ever worked for. The manager of my office is clueless as to what goes on with her employees and lets the team leads treat people any kind of way. When issues are brought to light nothing is done to resolve it and the issue actually gets worse. And the management team has the nerve to wonder why their employees are disgruntled and leaving by the boatload. Their is no transparency as to the day to day activities so the employees are left to wonder what is going to happen next which by turn causes more chaos and management just lets it happen. My suggestion to you is to run away from this place you’ll be happier for it. I have never written a review for a job I’ve worked for before but I thought exela deserved this spotlight so that no one else has to go through this chaos.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management, Micro management, Low Pay, Lack of Transparency etc.
Too much drama, and they don't seem to care about employees.
Coding Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
My coworkers were always fighting and distracting each other and management did nothing about it. We were sometimes forced to work on Saturdays, with only a few days notice given. There's always multiple things wrong with the building, like broken microwaves, out of order restrooms, etc. that take months and months to be fixed. After working here over a year, I found out that the managers aren't even allowed to be a reference for you, so despite me being a loyal employee I can't even use them as a reference.
It's Okay
Indexer (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 19, 2018
The work can be very difficult, very hard on your mental state, but it can also be monotonous and terribly easy. I learned a lot of skills here, but the communication in the building between supervisors and managers is downright awful. The people you work with are definitely the best part.
Pros
Very flexible if you need time off.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of managerial communication, workers being disrespected by supervisors.
a typical day at exela was okay.
Mail Sort Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2018
I learned a lot about data entry. This company doesn't pay well for the amount of work done daily. my department was the lowest paying job. We never received a raise.
Awful company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2018
I've had SEVERAL recruiters contact me about working for this company under it's various names. I had always declined. I finally took a job working in one of their mailrooms as a temp. The office that I worked out of was non communicative, very poor training, and ultimately a hostile work place. It was a horrible experience.
Pros
Cons
everything
Exela
Service Delivery Manager1 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2018
Exela is mediocre. I think the core issue is the low pay they offer employees and the fact that they only really offer part time positions. Quality full time positions would be recommended, but only if they hire quality people.
Fun place to work at, good and friendly people
Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 6, 2018
Working for this company has helped my technology skills advance. the management team is very helpful on helping you meet your goals. I have learned a lot and feel more confident in taking my skills to a higher level.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
salary is too low