Exela Technologies Employee Reviews

Only work here if you need the money
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KyApril 15, 2018
The management does not take responsibility for its own lack of hiring initiative. As a result, the blame is shifted to the employee to compensate for being under production goal due to a lack of employees. This has done nothing but create a vicious cycle of more employees leaving as a result of being overworked.

So, unless you are very hard up on money, I do not recommend working here in the long term.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, unhealthy working conditions, apathetic management.
Recent departure
Unit Managet (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2018
Unfortunately some past reviews were/are correct. Came into Novitex during the Exela transition. I had ample opportunity for training but had to request it and made sure I followed up. It was a little hectic but it did get better with time. Staff is in need of a raise that have been told was coming and that does need to be corrected but based on area pay scale the rates are in line if not more that Buisnees standards. There was a lack of management responsibilities and accountability but once again that changed with time and completion of transition.
Pros
Taco truck Friday, OT opportunities, shift diffs.
Cons
Expensive benefits, nobody raises in two years
Lies and mismanagement galore
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  London, KYApril 11, 2018
They lie about being able to make extra money through production, they stack you six deep per table & don’t let you talk to each other even though there is no training, and the supervisors sit in a glass office gossiping & watching you like a hawk all day. Worst job experience of my life.
Pros
Cons
If you like not making a living wage, being treated like cattle, and having the life slowly sucked out of you this is your dream job!
Just A check
Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 10, 2018
Management cares about themselves only and teach that way of thinking all the way down to your SDM. They could care less about the people they hire..
Pros
the client, friends you make
Cons
management
Fast pace work environment in new building with some older equipment for production
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 4, 2018
A typical day is very fast pace and need to be good at time management to meet SLA's and client deadlines. I have learned better time management of myself and got more experience as a manager for a larger team of employees. There is a vast array of different cultures working together. Upper management was not as involved with their employees as I feel they should've been and employees's concerns and ideas were not addressed as they should be to show respect of your employees. I did enjoy learning and gaining new job experiences and working with different equipment that I was introduced to there.
Big building
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2018
Busy with many employees. Huge building and plenty of mail to process. The daily workflow was somewhat easy because I have done it for so long that I had it down .
its a job.
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 22, 2018
Always behind on objectives. Lacked proper necessities to complete job task efficiently. Were not willing to cater to employees with disabilities. Good people, bad management.
Horrible Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 19, 2018
Used to work here years ago while it was still known as HOV. Fast forward a few years later, I returned during their transition to Exela and I have to say the place still sucks. Inefficient training, poor management, lack of advancement opportunities. Bottom line; stay away from this sorry excuse of a company.
Lack of advancement
e-Discovery Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 15, 2018
No advancement opportunities. Poor upper management. No clear plan for progressing into the future. Upper management expresses very little concern for employees.
Manager
Senior Operations Manager, Plant Manager, Director (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning of new technology. It is very quick paced and you do not have to worry about trying to find something to do.
Stay away from Exela
Mail Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 27, 2018
This is the 3rd time this company has been bought out in 7 , What started as Pitney Bowes Management Services, was sold to Novitex Enterprise Solutions, which by far was the worst company I have ever worked for, How does a company hire new employees and pay them up to $5 to $6 more per hour for a non lead position than the person that is a Team Lead, they do not give raises,Now Novitex has been bought out by Exela Technologies and I don't see any positive changes.
Pros
not many to say
Cons
No raises, horrible benefits
Favortism and Poor Leadership
Operations Manager for Automated Insertion and SHU (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Not a supportive management company to work for or knowledgeable about the current process and procedures. Favoritism and poor ethical management style behaviors.
Pros
Taco truck on friday's for lunch
Cons
unethical human resources department and management
Diverse Company
Application Programmer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Company went through a lot of mergers through the years and never integrated any one of those companies. At present every regional branch office now is protecting their own turfs. This created multiple environments and standards which becomes a headache in making the whole company unified and standardized.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Mismanagement
Look Elsewhere
N/A (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
Going to be straight up honest , if your looking for a job that will give you pay raises and give job promotions to move up in the company this place is not for you. I have seen my coworkers ask for a raise and were turned down because they refuse to give them a raise when they have been here longer than I am, recently I have seen 4 people leave mainly because this job doesn't give raises and they are constantly overworked and stressed out and when someone leaves you have to take on the additional that's left behind on your back without a pay raise . Plus we are to wear uniforms (white shirt with a tie and black slacks ) on a job that 99% of the time is working in dirty or dusty enviroments or moving furniture which is crazy I don't understand why we couldn't dress casual to this job and if your caught not in uniform or your pants is a shade off from being black or your wearing black jeans your sent home with no pay. Again I strongly urge those job seekers to look elsewhere don't be fooled into working here because if I knew what I know now , I promise you I would of left on my first day and went to a different company.
Pros
free food, good freinds / coworkers, working together as a team
Cons
low pay, overworked, stressful and no raises
Job Description
IT (Current Employee) –  USANovember 30, 2017
Company keeps changing hands and employees keep loosing benefits and no pay increases for 5 years. This would be a good place to work if regular pay increases were given and better insurance was offered.
An alright job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 24, 2017
Pros: the work environment is pretty relaxed and you work with a smaller team so you really get to know each other. Cons: benefits were not great and the pay was way too low.
Part time job/ full time hours when they feel like it/ no benifits
Clerk (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 22, 2017
Poor management leading to low employee morale! Part time job you'll work full time hours when work load dictates. Good workers treated like slaves do this! do that! mentality, lets add more and more tasks into workflow with no pay increases and expect to learn every ones job so you can do it when they leave, get fired or quit! Horrible new corporate america model just like the America we live in today with #45 running the country a horrible shame!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You will want to leave ASAP
Stressful and poorly managed through acquisition
Senior Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 12, 2017
I started at this company in May of this year with a lot of enthusiasm. However, as this was one of several merger/acquisitions this company has been involved in over the past 10 years, employees have become disgruntled at a time when management needs to encourage and support them. That is not the case.
Pros
pay is good
A good job for people who don't want/need to work consistantly
Team Lead/ Image Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILMay 18, 2017
Recommended for those who are not looking for or need steady pay checks, to hold you over till you find a better job or if you have a disability that might impair employment at other places.
Pros
You get to play your own music while working, climate controlled and it's above min wage.
Cons
Constant and random lay offs, often lack of solid plan on how to get new tasks done, management seems to say whatever seems good at the time and later guess what they meant, often has to make things up as they go along when clearly they could have looked into the matter, and leadership is on the poor side at best.