EXELIXIS INC. Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Drug Safety Associate III (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAAugust 8, 2018
The company is phenomenal and very supportive. They are team oriented and compassionate about their employees. Management was very supportive and always available.
Pros
Opportunities for career growth
Cons
Cut throat and poor management
MSL (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2017
The management is very poor at Exelixis. They cross the line often when it comes to Pharma Guidelines. Medical Affairs and sales work very closely together. Medical Affairs takes direction from sales. A lot of travel involved. Not organized in terms of management or objectives. No objectives stated.
Pros
money
Cons
management and ethics are poor
Good Career Starter
Outsourcing Analyst I (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I spent the first 7 years of my career at Exelixis. It was a great place to learn and grow as a professional. People work hard but also have a good work/life balance. I wish the company nothing but success in the future.
Great leadership team, unfortunate outcome
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CASeptember 23, 2014
Great group of people to work with. All team players and committted to the cause. Unfortunate results of phase 3 trial for prostate cancer indication is causing huge layoff.
Fun workplace and very nice nice manager.
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2014
Very quite typical day of data entry of accounts payables. I learned accounting system of Solomon. The first time I used Outlook. The management is I think one of the nicest I have so far encountered because the Managers are very considerate. I have encountered some of the very helpful co-workers. The hardest but challenging part was when I was trained as a new employee. The most enjoyable part was the printing of payable checks or check run, the photo-copying, and mailing.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks. Good rapport among employees. Weekly pay.
Cons
Healthcare cost is somewhat higher.
Broken corporation, horrific management
manager (Former Employee) –  south san francisco, caFebruary 22, 2012
Bad management, loss of direction, massive recurring layoffs; egotistical "senior" management. Good workers, bad leaders.
Pros
fair benefits, ok timeoff policy, onsite cafeteria, good co-workers
Cons
poorly aligned business model, insensitive leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EXELIXIS INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

EXELIXIS INC. Reviews by Location