Exelon Employee Reviews

Overworked, under paid, very demanding, expectations - no appreciation
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 14, 2019
This was supposed to be a step towards building my career. Unfortunately, the management staff does not know how to manage or engage their employees. They do now know how to hire or place the right Sr's or leads in the appropriate roles. The leads are equally if not more demanding and volatile then the managers themselves. The Sr accountant I reported to berated everyone below her pay grade. The managers did nothing to correct her arrogant, berating behavior. Several staff accountants have left prior to me starting, which I left within 8 months of starting due to the poor management of the team. It was a very volatile and hostile work place. The work hours would be tolerable if management was not so incompetent. During Year end the average was 70 hours per week. During month end 50 to 60 hours per week. Even if you put in your time, and work hard to meet your expectations, that is still not good enough. You will still get a lousy review and a terrible bonus for your hard work. Enjoy your time at Exelon.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Management, Culture, Attitudes
Not a company that values diversity and inclusion
Auxiliary Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAFebruary 13, 2019
Management turns the otters way when it comes to harassment at work. They follow all the standard protocols for an "investigation" but does little to nothing to remedy the solution. The company is more worried about following proper procedures and paper protocol than caring about the employees, specially employees that are in a minority category.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
No positive response from company if you file a harassment claim
Solid company to work for
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Delta, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Enjoyed my time interning with Exelon. Requires a dedication to learning about how nuclear power is different from other industries, but overall very positive culture.
Political Type Of Culture
Senior Solar Developer Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2019
Very rigid culture with limited advancement potential. Very good compensation and benefits but work life balance is not promoted throughout the organization.
Pros
Great Compensation/Benefits
Cons
Rigid Culture
Profit driven cold corporate structure with a great fascade.
Sr. Engineer Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 4, 2019
I have worked for 6 other major nuclear utility companies. Exelon is my least preferred. While they promote all the current trendy corporate goals for social equality, social engagement, and causes, they are still basically a quarterly profit based company without a conscience.

Expect your individual experience to be strongly influenced by your local management.
Pros
Salary and benefits are respectable
Cons
Limited opportunity for strong independent professionals. Very Cookie cutter type environment.
Good Job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILFebruary 4, 2019
Exelon is an ok place for you to work. The hours are long an they continue to modify benefits. Not much of a place to go for the next generation of workers.
Great job with great pay
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Peach Bottom, PAJanuary 31, 2019
Excellent pay for the job you're actually performing. Only con are the sing shifts. Management are helpful and will help you when you need it. 12 hours a day.
Pros
Management, pay, Bennifits
Cons
Swing shifts, 12 hour shifts
Exelon suck
ANSI. 3.1.SR.RCT (Former Employee) –  LIMMERICK PA.January 22, 2019
They treat contractors like dirt. Unioun gets away with it.We dont have much of a say. Its their way or highway. Rad pro personnel dont care.About contractors.
Pros
Outages are back to back. Not much travel.
Cons
Outages are short sometimes 2 weeks.
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your comment. As a company we strive to foster an inclusive culture of trust, collaboration and performance and we are sorry to hear that you felt your experience did not align with these efforts.

interesting place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILJanuary 19, 2019
good pay but lots of overtime in a year. 12 hour shifts with a 2 week schedule. only work half the year. Its nice working with coworkers who have either been in the military or police officers.
Resourceful Company
Rotated Director roles across Exelon companies (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
company provides several resources to effectively perform your job. Active affinity groups. Allows employees to perform community service projects and provides mentoring.
Challenging and rewarding work experience gained.
Underground Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
High paced stressful environment, long hours/holidays, unsafe conditions, outside in all weather conditions. It was a privilege to provide power to the city of Chicago.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
long hours and dangerous work
Nice place to work.
Management Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJanuary 16, 2019
Exelon offers good career enhancement/advancement and training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, leadership development opportunities, and excellent benefits.
Pros
Good co-workers
Someday you will ache like I ache.
Sr. Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAJanuary 15, 2019
There are 1000's of things you have to remember all the time. You are frequently observed and even the smallest of mistakes are written up and examined with a microscope. Everyone feels like there going to get in trouble. They have a strict zero tolerance for things that can be subjective, like when you need to wear gloves. If they don't like you, they will side with your accuser. There have been several suicides in the recent years. They tried to cover their butts. They love their progressive discipline policy and are always using it on people. It has become so much worse over the years. Training is now poor. No one wants to make any decisions to avoid blame. HR has no idea what sort of messed up things are going on in the plant. The union is powerless and useless. The company does whatever they want. They fired this poor girl instead of helping her learn. They got rid of a guy going through a bad divorce. It's sad. They like to kick you when your down. They threw out some of their best workers like trash! OK Exelon, your sorry I had such a bad time with you. I am by far, not the only one.
Pros
Pay, some smart people
Cons
Everthing else
February 4, 2019

We are disheartened to hear this feedback and are indeed sorry that your experience was so misaligned with our values as an organization.

Interesting place to work
Administrator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lusby, MDJanuary 10, 2019
30 Years ago when Calvert Cliffs was BG&E, the company was an excitting place to work. Management treated employees with respect and as friends. Constellation purchased Calvert Cliffs in the late 90's and nothing really changed. Going to work was a pleasure. Ceng purchased Calvert Cliffs and 300 people were laid off, afer the drama and fear of not having a job, everyday went back to normal just with less employees. Exelon purchased in 2015, that is when the real change came into play. People lost jobs without any packages offered, many policies were changed without the company putting any real thought on the changes, managment started treating employees like they were just numbers, it became like the Hungar Games, everyone out for themselves. Although learning and growth were preached, it was only for certain chosen ones. The environment is very toxic. People work by fear. The pay is excellent, but, the ulcers you recieve from giving 100% and not being apreciated is not worth working your lifetime. The hardest part of the job is just dealing with the politics and the enjoyable part is working with many charities and meeting some awesome co-workers along the way.
Pros
Pay
February 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We strive to provide an employment experience built on inclusion, trust, and collaboration, and are disheartened to hear that your experience did not align with our efforts to ensure that Exelon is a great place to work for all of our employees.

Corporate culture is top down not much input accepted from bottom up
Change Management Communications Lead/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Very process oriented culture; Very hierarchical organization that was culture change while I was there. As a major company in the energy sector, there are many opportunities
Pros
opportunities
Cons
hierarchical culture
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your comment; we are sorry to hear that you feel this way.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJanuary 8, 2019
I worked at Exelon on a six month contract and I was let go once the project was completed. Overall I had a positive experience and I though the compensation for my project was great.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Professional atmosphere with great pay
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJJanuary 7, 2019
I’ve worked at Exelon in the security department for 8 years it’s a great job with great pay. I’m tested with utmost respect and professionalism the only downfall is my plant is closing and I’m in need of another job
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
No transfer options in my department
Exelon experience
Accounts Receivables Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Exelon is a wonderful place to work at. The people are really caring and nice. There's room for growth and everyone is always ready to help. Employees are appreciated
Good Experience
SECURITY OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Good experience, a company with a variety of options as far of roles one can transition to. Has displayed a goal for diversity and inclusion. Pays well
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good pay but thats about it
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Threemile Island, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Company pays well. but there is zero chance of moving up. Security work there is a dead end job. i would suggest working under a non security related job for great pay, advancement and over all well being.
Pros
pay
Cons
just about everything else
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. As a company we strive to provide our employees with opportunities to grow. We value your input and encourage you to contact your HR representative to provide us with the opportunity to better understand and address your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exelon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight