Exelon Employee Reviews

Deadline driven
Litigation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
Everything revolves around courthouse hours and filing deadlines. Virtually no flexibility in those requirements can create a stressful atmosphere. Fortunately, I worked with people who were efficient communicators; often making it easier for me to assist in meeting their requirements.
Good compnay
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2018
Exelon as a whole is a good company to work for. The benefits are very good, with good health insurance, a fair amount of vacation time is given, work from home options and good pay.
Hard work - Good Pay
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dewitt, ILDecember 1, 2018
They work you hard and pay you well.
Workplace culture can be stressful at time especially when the nuclear plant shutdown for a refueling.

Live most places when you do a good job you get plant to do.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Work - Life balance
Work Hard then Play Hard
Systems integration (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2018
I like to be able to interact all day with colleagues and then have some fun with them after hours. Even if we have conflicts and disagreements during the day, it is important to let that go after hours.
Good Company, Bad Politics
Sr IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
Good place to work if you want to make a good income; bad place to work if you love doing what you're good at but don't want to be involved in corporate politics.
Ingaging
Major Projects Superintendent (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 26, 2018
Always provided the tools I needed to perform my job. Everyone involved did so professionally and the desire to get the job done in a timely manner. Would work for them again in the future
Exelon
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 22, 2018
It’s a good company to work for. Met a lot good people there. The company taught me a lot of different skills, that I can use in every day life situations.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Cold weather
Good company to work for
HR Analytics Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2018
Good company to work for and would any employee apply for positions. Good benefits stability good pay. Great work teams which provide support of your daily activities.
great and productive exployer
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2018
There are always chances of advancement in Exelon. I have been working with this company from last 8 years and feeling motivated. They have great work culture and ease work life.
A learning experience
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Byron IllinoisNovember 17, 2018
Great and rewarding place to work. I learned a lot from them about my trade.

Established a great working relationship with many of the employees both craft and management.

Want to know more about Exelon?

Ask a question
Rough work/life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Byron, ILNovember 16, 2018
Exelon Nuclear stations have outages each year in which engineers must work a 12 hour shift, either day or night, 6 days week (72 hours per week). If you can get past that, the pay and benefits are very good, along with job security.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance
Working at Exelon was an opportunity to work on the largest generating equipment on the planet.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXNovember 14, 2018
The project had challenges with weather and equipment failures, but still a good project. We overcame delays due to floods, heavy rain, and equipment. The team worked through all adversity to complete on time.
Intern in IT Department
Intern in the Strategic Vendor Management Office (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2018
SVMO team is small but great culture and good boss. I spent most time working on internal surveys and helping out with the outsourcing of IT. People were always willing to sit down and talk.
Pros
Good work life balance, great people
Cons
Not as productive as I would as liked
Great if you are okay being treated like garbage
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILNovember 11, 2018
Great pay, lousy culture. Lots of people in roles they don't belong to and MANY people without the most basic knowledge to perform their job functions. Very toxic environment and the only reason people stay is because of the pay.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Not a very high chance for career advancements
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Braceville, ILNovember 11, 2018
It is difficult to move up in this company due to the environment being political. Its also hard to network with other departments to possible advance because security guards are always busy and more than likely are not allowed. This job is more useful as a stepping stone to move elsewhere.
Great company
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2018
Great company with excellent benefits. Highly recommended for ambitious individuals seeking to advance their career. I highly recommend Exelon and the environment promotes success.
Great company to work for.
SRO Certified Operations Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILNovember 6, 2018
Great company to work for. Even in operations.
Most of the locations are in the middle of nowhere in Illinois.
Management routinely works 50+ hours on salary.
Pros
Great compensation. Great benefits.
Cons
Many of the plant locations are terrible.
Great place to work mad I left
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaNovember 5, 2018
I was a customer service rep from 2013-2018. This was by far the best for. The company offered a basketball league. Stock options, great benefits, and plenty time off. It’s an on-site gym and great location in center city. There was always tons of over time and the pay rate is great. I wish I would’ve stayed there because as they say the grass is not always greener
Pros
Dress code over time location benefits time off
Cons
New management came and messed somethings up
Constantly learning, very safety work conscience and regular training to keep up with changes
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJOctober 28, 2018
15 min turnover with oncoming crew that involves giving details of what occurred during 12 hour shift. Assume various rolls such as fire brigade, boiler, and first aid. Hardest part of the job - making sure we have supplies on hand to fix failing equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is teamwork and learning something everyday from someone and work effectively as a team.
Pros
Free meals out at times.
Cons
Being properply supplied with working parts for broking equipment
Rewarding Experience
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Braidwood, ILOctober 26, 2018
I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to achieve 32 years service at Exelon. I have met many good people throughout locations and over the years. To my surprise, after three years of retirement, I truly miss working. In the beginning I was excited I retired. Now, I have so much time available until I'm bored. I am accustomed to working. I held timekeeping title for 19 years because I really enjoyed payroll more than any other position. Promotion is important also because it's an opportunity to advance and develop new skills.
Pros
Great income and benefits.
Cons
Forced overtime sometimes due to storm duty or heavy workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exelon. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss