Exelon Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Boys Club Culture
Enterprise Asset Management IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
No room to advance. You have to be part of the old Boys Club. Many people there waiting for retirement and are very afraid of change. No new blood brought in with any new ideas. New ideas are squashed
Exelon is a good company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 14, 2018
Exelon is a good company, and is motivated to ensure employees are contributing.

Although a large organization, the company may not be helpful with placements, and changing your positions. There are significantly challenged sectors of this company, and reduced resources for work groups is a consistent challenge, leading to aggressive schedules, with limited budgets. There are good people to work with at this company.
Pros
The work will be challenging, but the work will be with good people.
Cons
Work-life balance will be challenging to maintain.
No room to better yourself
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILJuly 7, 2018
If you are in security, you are treated like a second class citizen. They rarely look at security for other positions. College reimbursement only happens if it is what they want you to study. HR is a joke and will cheat you out of money if you leave, such as vaction.
Pros
benifit packages, health vision and dental, 401k
Cons
Management, and work life balance if awful.
July 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this role wasn't a fit with your expectations. Nuclear Security is a valued function that keeps our employees and the community safe. Given the nature of our business being a 24/7 operation, certain departments do require round the clock staffing and shift work scheduled over holidays and weekends. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

N/a
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
As an intern, my time was well spent. The recent merger has caused a lot of internal uncertainty for tenured employees. Promotions see slim, and career growth does not seem evident for many departments.
Great pay, job security
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware, NJJuly 2, 2018
Good pay, benefits and job security.

Opportunities for advancement are based on who fits the mold.

Very political environment.

If you're happy with remaining in the same job for years while receiving a good paycheck, this is a great company.
Just a job
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAJune 30, 2018
Just a job that pays the bills. Employees are just a number in security. lots of mandatory overtime. Days off rotate. You work weekends and holidays.
July 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Nuclear Security is a valued function that keeps our employees and the community safe. Given the nature of our business being a 24/7 operation, some departments do require round the clock staffing, which will at times impact weekends and holidays. We value the contribution that each one of our employees make to our shared purpose of powering a cleaner and brighter future for our customers and communities.

Good and Bad
Senior Intracompany Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 30, 2018
Exelon is a decent company to work for. Certain locations are better than others. Office politics is very strong and dominant at specific locations. Individual competition like public accounting.
July 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a common employment experience across our Family of Companies built on inclusion, trust, and collaboration. We are appreciative of any feedback that will help us ensure that Exelon is a great place to work for all of our employees.

N/a
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2018
Worked at BG&E
Exelon is the parent company for BG&E and was not included in day to day operations. BG&E is a great company to work for, but I was a contractor working in office.
July 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for having been part of the Exelon Family!

Work Hard and Have Fun Worplace
Unix/Linux Patching Intern (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2018
Exelon provided a very flexible work and life balance and great culture. I loved coming to work and working with my coworkers. Great team building and manager support.
July 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! As a company We are proud of our internship program and the opportunity it provides for students to gain real-world experience and gain exposure to future career opportunities. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future!

Sharp and positive people
Oracle Fusion BI - ERP - ETL - Comp (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
True professionals thrive at Exelon. "There are no stupid questions" was uttered many times during meetings, which provided the open backdrop for productivity. Each day I looked forward to meetings and solving important problems. The 10 years or more I was with Exelon were the best years of my business life. I have only gratitude.
Pros
Clear work requirements, good documentation, master mind approach to details.
Cons
Chicago weather.
July 12, 2018

We agree, Chicago weather can be challenging! We strive to foster an inclusive culture of trust, collaboration and performance, and it is great to hear examples of this value being practiced throughout the organization. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Want to know more about Exelon?

Ask a question
good place to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
I was a contractor and loved working for this company, I was hoping to go permanent. I would recommend this place to anyone. The people was awesome and make you feel comfortable.
July 12, 2018

We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Highly Enjoyable Place to Work if You’re a Nuclear Power Enthusiast
Radiation Protection Intern (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILJune 19, 2018
Exelon (Clinton Nuclear Generating Station) is a great place to work! They are very focused on their employees and culture around the plant. During my internship I worked with a number of diverse people, it was safe to ask a “dumb” question, and I learned a lot about the nuclear power industry.
Pros
Compensation is great, many opportunities to grow your career, fun environment to work in, Exelon treats their employees with as much respect as customers receive.
Cons
Long hours, most of the time I was on my feet, could occasionally be very stressful
July 12, 2018

We are thrilled to hear this feedback! We are proud of our internship program and the opportunity it provides for students to gain real-world experience and gain exposure to future career opportunities. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future!

Incredible opportunity to have an industrial experience in college
Thermal Performance Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAJune 19, 2018
I worked there as a third year college student and loved the opportunity to put my learned engineering knowledge to use. I was given responsibilities which I carried on my own schedule and report to my superiors.
July 12, 2018

Thank you for your comment! We are delighted to hear that you were able to obtain valuable hands-on experience working at one of our nuclear generation sites during your co-op. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Great company
Senior Work Week Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAJune 14, 2018
This company is great to work for. They are a solid performer and will be around for a very long time. They offer great salaries and a great comprehensive benefits package.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance can be affected at times
July 12, 2018

We appreciate your willingness to share your feedback with us! Given the nature of our 24/7 business, certain departments may indeed require longer hours at times. As you noted, we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits program designed to reward our employees for achieving excellent operational performance and outstanding financial results. That said, we want to ensure that Exelon also provides a healthy environment for all employees and encourage you to leverage the resources available to employees via the Work/Life Benefits portal. Thank you for being part of the Exelon Family!

Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJune 13, 2018
Enjoyed my contract at Exelon. Good work environment. Good Management. Very good co-workers. Work was interesting and offered challenges. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow and for advancement.
July 12, 2018

We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Good Place to Work but can be stressfull
Lead Analyst IT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
Has lots of opportunities but can be stressful. To many meetings and lots of changes that can affect employees. There is no much work life balance and compensation can be better
July 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! Given the nature of our business, certain departments may indeed require longer hours at times. However, we want to ensure that Exelon also provides a healthy environment for all employees and encourage you to leverage the resources available to employees via the Work/Life Benefits portal, or contact your HR representative to further discuss your concerns. Thank you for being part of the Exelon Family!

Fun
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2018
It is an amazing view, people are also nice and work really well in teams. You meet someone new every day and that is amazing because people are always nice.
July 12, 2018

Thank you for your comment! We are proud of our enterprise-wide internship program and are thrilled to hear this feedback!

Nice but hard work
Technical Support tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2018
its a never ending flow of issues that have to be resolved in a timely manner and you are always on call and have a set amount of time to reply back to an issue or call.
July 12, 2018

We appreciate your willingness to share your experience, and the contributions you made to supporting our customers and business during your time at Exelon. Thank you!

Lower than average pay but made up for in bonus and retirement plan.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJune 5, 2018
Pay is good but you are worked in excess of what you receive as pay. Most employees work well together but there is very little cooperation among IT disciplines.
Pros
Flex hours. Work from home.
Cons
Upper management.
July 12, 2018

Thank you for your comment! As a company we strive to foster an inclusive culture of trust, collaboration and performance. Effective collaboration underpins our values and enables excellent performance. Some examples of how we are doing this:
- Our utilities peer group model enables best practice sharing, and contributes to our ability to achieve top safety performance, ensuring employees return home safely every day.
- The Innovation Peer Group and Emerging Technology teams help us to identify technologies that enhance productivity, collaboration, and efficiency across our business.
We are committed to continuing these efforts to foster greater collaboration across the company!

Opportunity
Senior Supervisor-SOX Compliance/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2018
Exelon is a conservative company. It's salaries are average and employee benefits are expensive. As the leadership grow the vision, staff will buy in and become dedicated.