Exelon Employee Reviews

Company merged with another organization
President Exelon Energy (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2017
Company has merged with another organization. CEO created and entrepreneurial environment, that maximized the strengths of each division. The most rewarding part of the job was selling to individual utilities to across the country
was a great company to work for
Senior Procurement Specialist/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work, very changeling work always different . Made great contacts through out the power industry, The company is a very big power company but I felt they had my back
Pros
Great pat and benefits, great job satisfaction
Cons
Long work hours at times
N/a
Training Coordinator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
I am a contractor here at Exelon and so far have been very nice to work at. Everyone in my department is very nice. Just typing now to use up the required 150 characters!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Nice place to work
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2017
Nice place to work. Culture isn't the greatest. All too often, I was left feeling out of place, but I'm not sure that it would be different anywhere else.
Really awesome atmosphere and great benefits
Commercial IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2017
Even though I was only an intern when I work at Exelon, I talked around and heard about how many great benefits that Exelon gave out. Also, people at Exelon in general are easy to work with.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Parking
Overall company was great. Benefits were wonderful.
Executive Secretary, President of Exelon Energy (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2017
The company was great. The pay was good and the benefits were great. The culture was very professional in a fast paced environment. The best part of the job was planning the extra team building activities. I would still be there but the company got out of the business unit I was in.
Pros
Great benefits
No growth opportunity for minority
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2017
Not a good place for minority that wants a career growth. African female engineers are not given the opportunity to rise into the leadership level in the company.
great workplace and made great friends
Senior Gas Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 16, 2017
Started at Exelon not knowing a thing about natural gas . Left there with great knowledge of a great product. The men that work there are a plethora of wisdom
Pros
too many to list
Cons
not many
August 23, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Indeed community! We are thrilled to see that you think so highly of the company, and best of all enjoyed your time with us! We greatly appreciate all the hard work you put in to support our customers and business.

Long work day
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marseilles, ILAugust 15, 2017
Working for any utility company requires one to work very long hours. A typical work day may be up 12 hours. During shut-downs (planned or emergencies) you may have to work 16 hours in one work day.
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. As a company we acknowledge that our employees make us who we are, all in all they are our greatest asset. Our industry and work can be very demanding at times and our goal is to ensure that all of our employees have a career that is fulfilling both personally and professionally. On occasion long hours may be a necessity, but our policies and culture are oriented to support a work life balance for our employees. We appreciate all the hard work you put in for our customers and our business. If you would like to provide additional details we would be glad to look into these concerns. Please feel free to reach out to us at CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com.

We are focused heaviliy on procedures to prevent mistakes but rely on teamwork very extensively!
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJAugust 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job see seems to be communications at times.i find it is very important that all work group are communicated to the status of the equipment before they proceed to the next step of getting equipment repaired.They had been times bolts were ordered for wrong pump and it cost the company money thousands to go back to discovering the issue and fix it. The hardest part of the job made me meeting committments where rt as humans we are not perfect and the company does provide us the tools to prevent mistakes.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working in a positive environment where we can work together to solve any issues.
Pros
lunch
Cons
healthcare, 401k
August 23, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Communication is key in any setting and it is definitely seen as a priority in our organization to ensure its success. We appreciate you addressing these concerns and value all your hard work and support. If you would like to provide additional details so we can look into these concerns please feel free to reach out to us at CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com.

Excellent development opportunities
Talent Management & OD Specialist-LEAD (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 8, 2017
Lots of variety and challenge...never bored and always learning! Great team and it is refreshing to work for an organization that embraces talent management.
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others and appreciate all the hard work you are putting in to support our customers and business!

Competitive environment with strong demands
Associate, Operational Finance (Former Employee) –  Lycoming, NYAugust 7, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Excellent compensation and benefits. But the work hours are long and it is a competitive environment with time and reporting demand pressures.
Pros
Overall compensation
Cons
High pressure environment
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your comment! While our industry and work can be very demanding we want to ensure that all of our employees have a career that is fulfilling both personally and professionally. On occasion long hours may be a necessity, but our policies and culture are oriented to support balance for our employees. We appreciate everything you did for our customers and our business if you would like to provide additional details so we can look into these concerns please feel free to reach out to us at CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com.

Not hard work but stessful
MSO (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 7, 2017
long days
sometimes extreme amounts of overtime
Not much of a work life balance
Pay is low for the amount of qualifications we carry
Feel under appreciated more times than not
Pros
benifits
Cons
12hr shifts overtime
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your comment. As a company one of our top priorities is to provide our employees with a job that is fulfilling both personally and professionally, and this includes having a job that provides a work life balance. It is unfortunate that you encountered this experience. Though on occasion long hours are a necessity we do our best to compensate and provide a stable work environment in which our employees can put their best foot forward everyday. If you would like to provide additional details we would be glad to look into these concerns. Please feel free to reach out to us at CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com

Intern
IT Client Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2017
During my internship at Exelon i got to meet the client service team, and though i was just an intern they ensured I felt like i was apart of the team. A typical work day considering i was an intern would start off with me reviewing my tickets, then I would attempt to complete to the best of my ability while keeping time as a factor. If I ran into any complications, i would ask the very responsive Team to help, making my job exponentially easier.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Coffee, Great Staff, Sufficient Lunch breaks
Cons
I didn't get the job
August 23, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Indeed community! Our greatest strength as a company is the talent and expertise of our employees and we are thrilled to see you think highly of the company! Our leaders are specifically trained to coach and support their employees in their day to day performance and professional development, and we are happy to see that as an intern you were able to gain such experience from your team. We appreciate all the work you put in to support our customers and business while with us!

Horrible
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJAugust 1, 2017
Patronizing militaristic work place. The work was boring and barely engineering. It is one industry that can pigeon hole you easily so it's important to get out early.
August 23, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience, it is deeply unfortunate that you had this experience. We take pride in our strategic performance development programs for our employees. Our leaders are specifically trained to coach and support their employees in their day to day performance and professional development. While our industry and work can be very demanding we want to ensure all of our employees have a career that is fulfilling both personally and professionally, hence we do our best at providing various opportunities across the organization. We appreciate everything you did for our customers and our business if you would like to provide additional details so we can look into these concerns please feel free to reach out to us at CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com.

Good company to work for
Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 27, 2017
I learned a lot just working at Exelon for a few months as an intern. Everyone is very helpful, it is challenging but worth the stress.
Management seem to be very helpful , as an intern i felt appreciated for the work I did.
August 23, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at Exelon, and we appreciate all the work you put in to support our business and customers while with us.

Financial Control Analyst
Summer Associate, Financial Controls Group (FCG) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2017
This is a wonderful company to work for. Amazing work place and great teams. The company keeps organizing networking events and social events that helps to know the company beyond one's own work space. Highly recommended.
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We take great pride in offering our employees career growth opportunities across the entire corporation so they can have a career that meets their needs! We are thrilled to see that you think so highly of the company and that you found the events held throughout the year helpful . We appreciate all the hard work you put in to support our customers and business while you were with us. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Rotating shifts cause too much stress
Peon (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 19, 2017
It is a great place to work. But the constant days, swings and nights is unsafe for people. People aren't as focused or rested - EVER.
I understand it is because of some union thing, but it doesn't mean it is right or in the best interest of the people or company.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Rotating shifts and high stress.
August 23, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and it is deeply unfortunate that you had this experience. Though long hours are a necessity on occasion, as a company we strive to provide our employees with a work life balance that allows them to have a job that is fulfilling both personally and professionally. Please feel free to email CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com with any additional information you wish to provide us with in order to address the issues you encountered while with us.

Exelon
Maintenance, Engineering and Stores (Former Employee) –  Braidwood, ILJuly 19, 2017
Very good company to work for and with. Standards are very high and even distribution of accountability for doing the best you can. Very good people and processes
Fast pace environment
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cordova, ILJuly 10, 2017
Great company, with knowledgable people and great benefits. Amazing training program, safety is the priority at Exelon. Procedure driven environment. .
August 23, 2017

Thank you so much for you comment! We appreciate your willingness to share your experience with Exelon with the Indeed community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exelon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3