Exeter Hospital Employee Reviews

Toxic Work Environment with No Room For Growth
Administrative Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 7, 2019
Exeter Hospital was a very hostile and toxic environment to work for. HR and the manager were dishonest and misleading of the job role, promoting the role as a QC and data analysis based position with some occasional work with administration. This was not the case and the position was a backup secretary position, with 3 days designated as a secretary and 2 days of secretary work with the occasional opportunity for data reporting. The main role of this position requires you to answer the phone (which was NOT mentioned in the interview that the position is phone based) and answer the beckoning call of 20 different people within the hospital at once, all expecting you to make them a priority. Many of the nurses and physical therapists are extremely rude, unprofessional and talk down to you if you are a non-clinical staff or hang up on you if you cannot give them what they want. Management was not very proactive about my concerns until the situation was significantly escalated. Verbal harassment was also an issue in this role, not only from other internal staff, but from outside vendors as well. The only positive and enjoyable part of this job was the occasional free lunch. If you value workplace culture, work-life balance, and team collaboration, this is not the place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, stressful job, toxic environment
Well Managed, fun to work at
Staff/Charge Nurse 23 Bed Unit (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 1, 2019
I liked this hospital so much I stayed 2 years as a Travel Nurse. The staff was very knowledgeable.Great team work and fun to work with. I would return to work here
Pros
Competent, Fun Staff
Cons
There were no Cons
Cold environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 22, 2018
The pharmacists were cold and not welcoming. The technicians for the most part were impatient with training and dealing with nurses on the floors were awful. The best parts of my day were lunch and clocking out.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Paid less than retail
Fast paced and fun team
Core Physicians - Clinical Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 3, 2018
I enjoyed the people that I worked alongside very much. It was fast paced, but also a fun environment to work in. Teamwork with my peers and with the Endoscopy Doctors was great.
Pros
Fun, and rewarding
Cons
People do not have a voice for change
got injured
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 13, 2018
got injured and management did not think I could still do my job. I did enjoy working here, and all the employees were great to work with. Every shift was different
Close to home
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 12, 2018
located close to home and offering on average at least 2 days per week of work. people are friendly and the hospital has a close knit community feel to it.
Pros
close to home
Cons
need more hours
Nice place to work
Unit Coordinator and Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 3, 2018
Lots of opportunity for career advancement and great benefits. Nice employees, nice facility, positive team atmosphere to be a part of. Supportive management.
Great Enviroment
Clinical Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 21, 2018
Typical day of fulfilling assigned work duties. Management could be more understanding of family situations. The hardest part of the job was when people called out..Enjoyable moments was working with some great co-workers
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Favoritism
Excellent
March 2016 - June 2016. Norma Linnane, RN (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 6, 2018
I was here as a travel RN twice. It is a fantastic place to work and a gold standard to endoscopy departments. Management was wonderful and always available. Staff are fantastic. I would work here permanently if I lived in the area.
great place
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHAugust 2, 2018
I was a student nurse on a clinical rotation at the cancer center here. The staff their is highly educated, well experienced, and very kind. The staff clearly cares highly for their patients.
not a bad place to work
Clinical Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 9, 2018
surprise raises pizza parties, surprise gift cards for people who go above and beyond

hardest part could be cleaning something that refuses to come up

I learned about different cleaning products that I would never have tried
Pros
gift cards
Cons
no break in the afternoons
Challenging and interesting company that's always improving
Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 6, 2018
Complex IT environment with focus on continuous improvement. The culture is based on working hard among fair and reasonable coworkers and management. Learned much about multiple electronic medical record systems.
Pros
Flexible, understanding management
Cons
Complex software environment
Wonderful interdisciplinary health care environment!
Spiritual Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 12, 2018
I have had the privilege of working with extraordinarily competent, passionate and highly skilled individuals in an interdisciplinary environment focused on patient and family care. I love the work I do and the opportunities that have been available to me at Exeter Hospital. But even more, I have enjoyed collegial relationships with many different disciplines that I will treasure as I move forward professionally.
Pros
Collegial work environment with community focus and commitment.
Great place to work!
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 30, 2018
I've worked here for over 10 years and thoroughly enjoy my job. I only wish there were more hours available in my current position. The culture here is relaxed and generally a happy place to be.
Bad
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 16, 2018
Bad fired for nothing. They called me to tell me over the phone, didn't even set up a meeting or anything. Out of the blue while I was taking medical leave for BiPolar Disorder.
Cut-throat company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 24, 2018
Exeter hospital and its affiliates are cutthroat we hen it comes down to it, its not about patient care. It's all about money, the employees are overworked, overstressed, underpaid and the management does not care because everyone is replaceable. I would not recommend working for Exeter hospital and its affiliates.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Management is not held accountable for their actions, employees are not treated equally
It is a great place to work
Senior Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 8, 2018
Exeter hospital has a wonderful benefit package and retirement plan. It is a great place to work. I would recommend this company. They are a great organization who really care for the wellbeing of their patients
Excellent Opportunities to New Tech - Outstanding Mission
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 20, 2018
The organization does well to keep up with new technologies giving existing employees opportunities to learn. Working in a healthcare always has challenges like most industries such as the 24/7 operating environment and lack of forgiveness for downtimes, planned and unplanned. However, there is a great mission that is going on here and being part of that mission in any role is welcoming for new hires.
Benefits
Cons
Healthcare
The job was fine, good training. Low pay
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 13, 2018
Days are fairly busy. Learned a lot out hospital and lab compliance. People were great and cared about the patients. Flexibility for time off and vacations. Pay low and not much room for advancement.
Pros
Some employee lucheons and massages once a year
Cons
low pay. not much room for advancement
Good culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 11, 2018
Good hospital with staff that works together. Had opportunity to advance career at another hospital and left after brief period. Would still be there if not for job upgrade.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
N/a