Exeter Hospital Employee Reviews

not a bad place to work
Clinical Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 9, 2018
surprise raises pizza parties, surprise gift cards for people who go above and beyond

hardest part could be cleaning something that refuses to come up

I learned about different cleaning products that I would never have tried
Pros
gift cards
Cons
no break in the afternoons
Challenging and interesting company that's always improving
Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 6, 2018
Complex IT environment with focus on continuous improvement. The culture is based on working hard among fair and reasonable coworkers and management. Learned much about multiple electronic medical record systems.
Pros
Flexible, understanding management
Cons
Complex software environment
Wonderful interdisciplinary health care environment!
Spiritual Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 12, 2018
I have had the privilege of working with extraordinarily competent, passionate and highly skilled individuals in an interdisciplinary environment focused on patient and family care. I love the work I do and the opportunities that have been available to me at Exeter Hospital. But even more, I have enjoyed collegial relationships with many different disciplines that I will treasure as I move forward professionally.
Pros
Collegial work environment with community focus and commitment.
Great place to work!
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 30, 2018
I've worked here for over 10 years and thoroughly enjoy my job. I only wish there were more hours available in my current position. The culture here is relaxed and generally a happy place to be.
Bad
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 16, 2018
Bad fired for nothing. They called me to tell me over the phone, didn't even set up a meeting or anything. Out of the blue while I was taking medical leave for BiPolar Disorder.
Cut-throat company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 24, 2018
Exeter hospital and its affiliates are cutthroat we hen it comes down to it, its not about patient care. It's all about money, the employees are overworked, overstressed, underpaid and the management does not care because everyone is replaceable. I would not recommend working for Exeter hospital and its affiliates.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Management is not held accountable for their actions, employees are not treated equally
It is a great place to work
Senior Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 8, 2018
Exeter hospital has a wonderful benefit package and retirement plan. It is a great place to work. I would recommend this company. They are a great organization who really care for the wellbeing of their patients
Excellent Opportunities to New Tech - Outstanding Mission
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 20, 2018
The organization does well to keep up with new technologies giving existing employees opportunities to learn. Working in a healthcare always has challenges like most industries such as the 24/7 operating environment and lack of forgiveness for downtimes, planned and unplanned. However, there is a great mission that is going on here and being part of that mission in any role is welcoming for new hires.
Benefits
Cons
Healthcare
Good culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 11, 2018
Good hospital with staff that works together. Had opportunity to advance career at another hospital and left after brief period. Would still be there if not for job upgrade.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
N/a
great place
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 8, 2018
great place to work. great benefits. collaborative work environment. I felt the management was very supportive and listened if I had any issues to discuss.
Very nice people but no room for advancement....
Current (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHDecember 14, 2017
front line people are good to work with, too many initiatives, not enough engagement from senior leadership and a culture of keeping up appearances. Healthcare is going through many growing pains and it would be helpful to worry less about optics and concentrate on investing in the people who make the delivery system better. The organization needs to take a wider view of service delivery and all skills it takes to have a sustainable system that can deliver excellent service.
Pros
Good benefits, laid back environment
Cons
Accountability diminishes the higher the rank, too many initiatives dilute the mission
Registration
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 23, 2017
Registered patients by walk in or by ambulance. Patients, nursing and doctors very pleasant to work with.
Management for registration department was not very friendly.
Pros
Team
Positive environment
Concierge/valet (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 4, 2017
great to work in a hospital setting with a diverse population and the opportunity to serve people in need. Unfortunately, the rate of pay is very poor for work demanded.
Pros
environmen
Cons
pay
I enjoyed my job emmenly.
Senior Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 13, 2017
Myself and three other representatives worked with an alphabet split to determine our patient's. We would meet with patient's on a daily basis to help and work with them to resolve all of their billing issues.
Pros
A great working enviroment
cancer center
primary nurse (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at the cancer center, colleagues were supportive. It was a very fast pace work place, monitoring patients symptoms, labs, and making sure orders were accurate for their treatment.
amazing hospital with great co workers
Tech (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 4, 2017
very team oriented hospital, the hardest part of the job is not getting attached to patients. the rewards and benefits out weigh the downfalls in health care and Exeter hospital makes sure of that!
Pros
amazing on the job education
Cons
sometimes having to overcome the loss of a patient
good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 8, 2017
Good compensation, good work environment, friendly staff. Support from supervisors in most departments. Tuition reimbursement if school is associated with job or job aspirations within the company.
Excellent experience
Shift Supervisor, Emergency Support Service (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 18, 2017
Worked for a great group of people. I was respected for the job that I performed, advancement was always available and the hospital as a whole was a great workplace.
Pros
Uniforms provided
Cons
Some stressful incidents
High level of patient care
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NHMarch 15, 2017
Always looking to improve process and change. Good benefits and constantly looks for ways to provide additional medical serviced to the community. Excellent team approach.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Great healthcare benefits
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHFebruary 15, 2017
Nice environment and safe place to work. Management and administration not always up to par. Some departments more cohesive than others. Great patient care, clean and dedicated to policies and procedure according to currently requirements in healthcare.
Pros
Great Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Short Lunch breaks, management difficulties