Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

Universal Operator/ Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 10, 2019
Exide Technologies was a good place to work at. If you enjoy fast paced jobs this would be it. I was able to learn how to run each machine in the company and was also able to inspect the product before it was shipped. A typical day at Exide includes meeting production goals set for each day, packing and inspecting the product.
Great pay and Benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2019
Great place to work if you're willing to work hard. Labor intense but benefits, pay, and company rewards (movie day, zoo day, skating party, catered holiday dinners, etc..) make it a rewarding experience.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
hard work, hot in summer and cold in winter
100 Plus Year Old Start Up
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAFebruary 9, 2019
Hardworking, flexible employees can thrive! I highly recommend looking into career opportunities with Exide anywhere in the world. It is a great place to learn and develop.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Instability of market
Never a dull day.
North America IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 8, 2019
New CEO and CIO are working fast to change the culture and lead the company in the right direction. Processes need updating. and the HR department must figure out how to reverse the trend of employee turnover within the company.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Too many contractors used.
Solid Word Environment
MATERIALS TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 8, 2019
Great company to work for in a manufacturing environment. Enjoyed the people and the work was challenging. Opportunity to travel internationally and meet new employees.
Pros
Challenging Work
Cons
Challenging Work
Great pay but you will definitely earn it.
Production Leader (Former Employee) –  Forest City, MOFebruary 2, 2019
You show up for your 12 hour shift and change into your uniform. You go into the plant for a short meeting then take over for outgoing shift. You will be working hard from beginning to end of your shift. The temperature is well over 100 degrees inside and you spend the majority of your time standing over lead with a temperature range of 600 to 1500 degrees. You will use 40 and 90 pound jackhammers frequently. The work is very hard but you can take a break in a cool down shed whenever you feel overheated. You will work 3 days on have 3 days off one week then 4 on 4 off the next week. After 60 day probation your pay jumps to your department maximum. This is a union job so it sucks paying monthly dues but you have to pay even if you don't want to be in the union.
Pros
Good pay and good schedule
Cons
Union dues, heat, incompetent management
Fast paced
Maintenance Technician 4/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 27, 2019
Competitive wages and high quality work experience. Dangerous work environment with possible long and short term health problems. However the average company salary exceeds local income averages
Pros
Company functions and activities
The places isn’t worth it
Driver (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 25, 2019
The job isn’t bad just the management there sucks they say one thing and do other that place is so screwed up not even funny unless u are desperate for
A job keep looking T he Caldwell New Jersey depot stay away from it they suck
Pros
Pay not bad co workworkera good people
Cons
Management sucks and lies
the company closed down
Blast Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 22, 2019
I really enjoyed working at exide, but unfortunately the company has closed, otherwise I would still be working there. i like everything about Exide. The job pay was good.
Productive and insightful
C.O.S. Operator (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 21, 2019
Exide was one of my favorite jobs. It paid very well and I learned a lot from my time there. If the management had been better I would have loved my job even more. Given that I would still highly recommend Exide Technologies to anyone who wants a good paying job to make a career out of.
Excellent pay for tough job
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 18, 2019
I was the EHS Manager for a battery plant with about 250 employees. The work environment was tough with heavy workloads and a hot plant. Pay was very good for employees for the area.
Management above site is clueless
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West CaldwellJanuary 9, 2019
I was a supervisor there for a year. My direct manager was outstanding. He understood the day to day operations. Together we achieved a 95 percent on time and Inventory accuracy. We had a staff of temp employees that keep over turning based on performance. It was a very hostile place to work based on temps and some employees Above site had zero understanding of supply chain, motivation ,OE , positive reinforcement. My Manager left (they pushed him out) I walked out after talking with HR and the place went completely down hill. The people that took over all were fired. Both my reginal directors were fired in a less then a 9 month span when I was there. This was done from headquarters who as I said had know idea what they were doing I had over 24 years in the Pharma field as a Supervisor and Manager before coming here so I am not someone who has no experience This is why they have filled for Bankruptcy twice and they will eventually fold as a company

Absolutely terrible place to work
Pros
Great Direct Manager I reported too
Cons
great compagny for great career
Wet Formation Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, IAJanuary 9, 2019
Great job for great career
Exide offered more opportunities to become a good worker
great benefice
High and good pay rate more competitive
Weekly great pay
Pros
2 lunchs breaks
Cons
2 larges breaks
Improvements needed for work life & career balance
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  472 Boot rd Downingtown Pa 19553January 8, 2019
Exide Technology is recovering from bankruptcy, It is currently in early re-structure program because of the loss of customer satisfaction ( $1 billion loss). A lot is expected with minimal reward.
Pros
Employees get paid weekly
Cons
Miss managed
Very relaxed, but fast paced
Battery Finisher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2018
Getting to work on time and taking breaks on time. Supervisor and lead were willing to help as needed. Keep area cleaned while working. Job completion
Pros
Holiday savings plan
Cons
Healthcare was expensive
Not a good atmosphere/culture
Safety, Health, Security & Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Lampeter, PANovember 26, 2018
Not a good environment for advancement. Micromanaged and controlled. Too many people wanting to do your job and not allowing you to do it as you were hired to do.
Dirty
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest City, MONovember 16, 2018
Lead recycling factory dirty dusty hazardous work hot molting lead battery acid dangerous work be very careful or you will end up hurt or worse just make sure you know what your getting into working there
Cons
full face respirator
Great pat/benefits, several days off every week plus weekly pay.
Process Attendant (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSOctober 24, 2018
More physically demanding then most if the other factory/warehouse jobs in the area but the pay is also much better to. Not a job for everyone, but enjoyable for the most part. Co workers and management for the most part are good and the benefits are great. Many days off every week with occasional mandatory OT, but Only up to 5 days a week unless you want more. 12 hour shifts with 2 23 min breaks and a 30 min lunch. I personally enjoy working here, especially with the pay.
Pros
Great pay. Great benefits. Days off
Cons
Lead consumption. Physically demanding.
Bad staff and stress full work environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJOctober 11, 2018
It's was bad move to Exide, very stressfull work manager and supervisor left job bad staff bad co-ordinator, two time bankruptcy bad management, stay away if you can.

Long working hours they expect you need to work more than 10 hours per day and top of Saturday total working hours more than 60 per week.
Pros
Bad staff and company
Cons
Stress full
Stressful every day
Driver/Operator warehouse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
You are just a number back breaking work, look elsewhere they do not pay well, Batteries are heavy, customers will not help you either, it's just a stepping stone to another job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exide Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.