Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

Dirty
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest City, MONovember 16, 2018
Lead recycling factory dirty dusty hazardous work hot molting lead battery acid dangerous work be very careful or you will end up hurt or worse just make sure you know what your getting into working there
Cons
full face respirator
Great pat/benefits, several days off every week plus weekly pay.
Process Attendant (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSOctober 24, 2018
More physically demanding then most if the other factory/warehouse jobs in the area but the pay is also much better to. Not a job for everyone, but enjoyable for the most part. Co workers and management for the most part are good and the benefits are great. Many days off every week with occasional mandatory OT, but Only up to 5 days a week unless you want more. 12 hour shifts with 2 23 min breaks and a 30 min lunch. I personally enjoy working here, especially with the pay.
Pros
Great pay. Great benefits. Days off
Cons
Lead consumption. Physically demanding.
Bad staff and stress full work environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJOctober 11, 2018
It's was bad move to Exide, very stressfull work manager and supervisor left job bad staff bad co-ordinator, two time bankruptcy bad management, stay away if you can.

Long working hours they expect you need to work more than 10 hours per day and top of Saturday total working hours more than 60 per week.
Pros
Bad staff and company
Cons
Stress full
Stressful every day
Driver/Operator warehouse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
You are just a number back breaking work, look elsewhere they do not pay well, Batteries are heavy, customers will not help you either, it's just a stepping stone to another job!
No place for family man
Casting Machine opertaor (Former Employee) –  Columbus GeorgiaOctober 5, 2018
No family life period 6 to 7 days 10-12 hour shifts and when you do have time off you just wanna rest and sleep no family time. You are supposed to work just like a machine none stop but is expected to have the same production and quality after working months of 50+ hours a week.5they want you to use all your vacation time up so you can have days off.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No family time
Nice place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 29, 2018
A very busy place to work. I managed the warehouse with only one helper two days a week. I had two delivery drivers, so I had to call all customers to check on orders, package them and load them on the trucks.
good place to work wages good and so were benifits
Maintanence Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNSeptember 22, 2018
I liked working for Exide sorry to hear it was gonna close people were good to work with and supervisors were good where I worked. I had a lot of good years there.
The industry leader
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Exide Technologies is a very dynamic industry leader in a worldwide market. Exide has always found a way to excel in a very old automotive and industrial market
It's an ok place to work
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 20, 2018
When I first started to work for Exide it was a great place to work and they treated their employees with the respect that they deserved. When the new management took over they stopped caring about the employees.
job at Exid
Level 4 Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 18, 2018
working at Exid Technical at first in the shipping d.c. was fun to work with all ways hand something to do. the work on the lines checking the batteries for some time. got to go to wdc. to work as a level 4 mater handler.
Pros
get place to work for
Cons
some times cowers make your job hard
Productive work, team work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 14, 2018
Loader job double check if the batteries are great for shipping. Check voltage check if there is any damaging or any leaks making sure the batteries are in the best conditions for our customers. Work well with others help each other out. Batteries do weight from about 5-50 pounds.
Clean and responcible environment
Formation (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSAugust 31, 2018
I learned how to work very fast paced in a very hot environment. Exide is definitely a team effort kind of job because you depend on the whole crew to keep up with what is going on and it doesn't feel like you're given too much work.
Pros
Vending machines and break room
Cons
Shorter breaks and battery acid
Horrible job, with Great PAY!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 23, 2018
You make lead acid batteries at Exide which requires you to wear 10lbs of PPE + a respirator at all times while in the plant. During summer is 100% humidity and 100+ degrees, During the winter it's just above freezing, and sometimes below. There is no department in which you can work where you are not going to get Acid, Lead Oxide, or Lead on you. Environment wise this is the most toxic facility I have ever worked at. That being said I made enough money to pay off a 30 year mortgage in 3 years. Like I said, its a horrible job, but great pay if your willing to work in that environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lead in air, 10lbs of PPE, Acid fumes, Random OT, Monthly Blood lead tests
Great benefits and CEO, an exciting company to work for
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 21, 2018
My experience at Exide has been very pleasant. I was surprised at how extensive the benefits are, the culture in the office is professional but friendly, and there is a lot to which one can contribute. I was told coming onboard that Exide was a place where my efforts would make a visible impact and this has definitely proven to be true. I have met the CEO and spoken with him several times already within four months; he is a genuine and hard-working guy and it is clear that communication with his employees- not only about the company's values, goals, and challenges, but about the employees' feedback, comments, and ideas- are truly important to him. I have been able to offer a lot to my team and the company as a whole during the handful of months I have worked for Exide, and I have gained from them just as much. "The New Exide," as they put it, is an upright and virtuous company of passionate workers and minds that care about their jobs and the people involved with them. I feel no barriers to moving upward with the company, the work-life balance is phenomenal, and most importantly, the management is professional, friendly, understanding, and energized. The pace is never boring, but not overly fast or particularly stressful either. Around the office I can see that mostly everybody who works here has a high opinion of the company. I very much like working for Exide and would recommend it strongly.
Pros
Benefits, People, Leadership, Culture, Impact
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 20, 2018
I learned alot and grew quite well at Exide. Great people to work with and not at all a toxic environment. Pays a little over market because of the Pb industry in general can be a bit scary to the uneducated. All the proper PPE is provided and monitored frequently and upper management genuinely seems to care alot about EHS.
Challenging Yet Rewarding
Corporate Role (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 20, 2018
Exide Technologies is not a typical large company where what you do is diluted by the size of the organization. When you make a positive change in one area, you can immediately see the impact. If you are looking for a role with autonomy to make decisions, responsibilities that challenge you to learn and grow, and a culture where hard work and commitment to results are rewarded, then this is the place for you.

There is a strong senior leadership team in place and I feel confident in their decision making abilities to lead the company and exceed our strategic goals. They are backed by a Board of Directors with some very impressive experience in the industry. Management is not afraid to make tough decisions if a direction isn't producing the intended results. That includes employees who are underperforming or not supporting the change needed to make Exide a great company. There is a lot of pressure to get things done and exceed expectations.

There are still some gaps, like ongoing training opportunities for employees and many departments are lean and people have to wear multiple hats. That can also be an opportunity to expand your role and capabilities. There isn't a lot of emphasis on team building or simply having fun together occasionally. It would be nice if there was more of that to offset the stress of a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, discounted car batteries
Cons
Need more employee engagement activities
Comfortable work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2018
I enjoy working here but right now hours are hot or miss, so if I have a chance to broaden my work experience then I am wanting to take advantage of that.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Not enough hours right now
Bristol Exide
Electromechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 18, 2018
Really liked working 8 hour shifts. I worked there for 17 years and never missed work. the health benefits were outstanding and the work was challenging.
Pros
Hours
Recomened
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 29, 2018
Good job for work from home managers and salespeople. Regular travel across multiple states, driving and flying. Freedom of schedule and territory planning.
Great work enviroment
Finishing Auxiliary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, IA 52057July 27, 2018
Coworkers are very friendly, willingly to help when asked. Polite work environment. Jobs could be challenging at times but overall very achievable and capable of being finished.
Pros
Great coworkers. Pay
Cons
Lead.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exide Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about