Exide Technologies Employee Reviews

The industry leader
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Exide Technologies is a very dynamic industry leader in a worldwide market. Exide has always found a way to excel in a very old automotive and industrial market
It's an ok place to work
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 20, 2018
When I first started to work for Exide it was a great place to work and they treated their employees with the respect that they deserved. When the new management took over they stopped caring about the employees.
job at Exid
Level 4 Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 18, 2018
working at Exid Technical at first in the shipping d.c. was fun to work with all ways hand something to do. the work on the lines checking the batteries for some time. got to go to wdc. to work as a level 4 mater handler.
Pros
get place to work for
Cons
some times cowers make your job hard
Productive work, team work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 14, 2018
Loader job double check if the batteries are great for shipping. Check voltage check if there is any damaging or any leaks making sure the batteries are in the best conditions for our customers. Work well with others help each other out. Batteries do weight from about 5-50 pounds.
Clean and responcible environment
Formation (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSAugust 31, 2018
I learned how to work very fast paced in a very hot environment. Exide is definitely a team effort kind of job because you depend on the whole crew to keep up with what is going on and it doesn't feel like you're given too much work.
Pros
Vending machines and break room
Cons
Shorter breaks and battery acid
Horrible job, with Great PAY!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 23, 2018
You make lead acid batteries at Exide which requires you to wear 10lbs of PPE + a respirator at all times while in the plant. During summer is 100% humidity and 100+ degrees, During the winter it's just above freezing, and sometimes below. There is no department in which you can work where you are not going to get Acid, Lead Oxide, or Lead on you. Environment wise this is the most toxic facility I have ever worked at. That being said I made enough money to pay off a 30 year mortgage in 3 years. Like I said, its a horrible job, but great pay if your willing to work in that environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lead in air, 10lbs of PPE, Acid fumes, Random OT, Monthly Blood lead tests
Great benefits and CEO, an exciting company to work for
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 21, 2018
My experience at Exide has been very pleasant. I was surprised at how extensive the benefits are, the culture in the office is professional but friendly, and there is a lot to which one can contribute. I was told coming onboard that Exide was a place where my efforts would make a visible impact and this has definitely proven to be true. I have met the CEO and spoken with him several times already within four months; he is a genuine and hard-working guy and it is clear that communication with his employees- not only about the company's values, goals, and challenges, but about the employees' feedback, comments, and ideas- are truly important to him. I have been able to offer a lot to my team and the company as a whole during the handful of months I have worked for Exide, and I have gained from them just as much. "The New Exide," as they put it, is an upright and virtuous company of passionate workers and minds that care about their jobs and the people involved with them. I feel no barriers to moving upward with the company, the work-life balance is phenomenal, and most importantly, the management is professional, friendly, understanding, and energized. The pace is never boring, but not overly fast or particularly stressful either. Around the office I can see that mostly everybody who works here has a high opinion of the company. I very much like working for Exide and would recommend it strongly.
Pros
Benefits, People, Leadership, Culture, Impact
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 20, 2018
I learned alot and grew quite well at Exide. Great people to work with and not at all a toxic environment. Pays a little over market because of the Pb industry in general can be a bit scary to the uneducated. All the proper PPE is provided and monitored frequently and upper management genuinely seems to care alot about EHS.
Challenging Yet Rewarding
Corporate Role (Current Employee) –  Milton, GAAugust 20, 2018
Exide Technologies is not a typical large company where what you do is diluted by the size of the organization. When you make a positive change in one area, you can immediately see the impact. If you are looking for a role with autonomy to make decisions, responsibilities that challenge you to learn and grow, and a culture where hard work and commitment to results are rewarded, then this is the place for you.

There is a strong senior leadership team in place and I feel confident in their decision making abilities to lead the company and exceed our strategic goals. They are backed by a Board of Directors with some very impressive experience in the industry. Management is not afraid to make tough decisions if a direction isn't producing the intended results. That includes employees who are underperforming or not supporting the change needed to make Exide a great company. There is a lot of pressure to get things done and exceed expectations.

There are still some gaps, like ongoing training opportunities for employees and many departments are lean and people have to wear multiple hats. That can also be an opportunity to expand your role and capabilities. There isn't a lot of emphasis on team building or simply having fun together occasionally. It would be nice if there was more of that to offset the stress of a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, discounted car batteries
Cons
Need more employee engagement activities
Comfortable work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2018
I enjoy working here but right now hours are hot or miss, so if I have a chance to broaden my work experience then I am wanting to take advantage of that.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Not enough hours right now
Bristol Exide
Electromechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 18, 2018
Really liked working 8 hour shifts. I worked there for 17 years and never missed work. the health benefits were outstanding and the work was challenging.
Pros
Hours
Recomened
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 29, 2018
Good job for work from home managers and salespeople. Regular travel across multiple states, driving and flying. Freedom of schedule and territory planning.
Great work enviroment
Finishing Auxiliary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, IA 52057July 27, 2018
Coworkers are very friendly, willingly to help when asked. Polite work environment. Jobs could be challenging at times but overall very achievable and capable of being finished.
Pros
Great coworkers. Pay
Cons
Lead.
great pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 22, 2018
The work is hot and hard, but pay is great for it. Long breaks, and showers before you go home. Lead is dangerous to work with, but they pay for all PPE and keep track of lead levels for free.
loved my job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 17, 2018
was able to start whenever as long as I made all my deliveries and pick ups, was part of a sales branch outside distribution center, felt like and treated like family
Not a healthy trustworthy company
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 16, 2018
I don't recommend this facility to anyone at any level. The place is a mess, terrible air quality, no training or SOP's just word of mouth, they do not blame the process and point fingers at the employee.
Stressful Horrible Place to Work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJuly 13, 2018
If working for an organization that looses business constantly, is always on the brink of bankruptcy (again), never gives raises, is managed by two individuals who don't have a clue, with a co-worker who backstabs you and others to management, with ZERO room for advancement...

This is the place for you....
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, No Raises, Lack of Business Growth
Good Money, Terrible management
Universal Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 20, 2018
Terrible management. Right from your direct supervisor to the higher up. As an employee I feel very under valued and there’s a ridiculous amount of nepotism as well as rules not applying to some people. One person would be quickly terminated, suspended or generally reprimanded for breaking a rule but others will catch a break for the same thing.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, Mandatory overtime
Overall pretty good company to work for
Controller (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 18, 2018
The current CEO is doing a good job of turning the company around after coming out of bankruptcy. Sometimes the communication from corporate to the plants is lacking, but overall, I give the company a positive review.
Material Handler
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 18, 2018
Typical day at work is dependent on your position. They con you in with a 3 days on 4days on strategy. You get your proper schedule for about 2 weeks then are forced 72+ hrs a week. Only good shift out there is day shift. Day shift gets paid decent, leaves early, an doesn't require 72+ hr work weeks. Very good pay however managers determine your employment. You can do your job very well and properly yet still get terminated. Warehouses are way outdated, have to remember all battery types by location and number; nothings really labeled in the warehouses as it is all ran down needs redesigned. They mix an RF system with an old paper system very confusing at times. Managers can be extremely rude, if you have a family and are not on A shift your relationships will be ruined. Lead is an issue can cause major problems.
Pros
Paid very well
Cons
Managers, Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exide Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about