EXL
49Low

EXL Employee Reviews

United States168 reviews
The company is great to start your carrier.
I started my career the work environment is great there is less of work life balance all in all you get an opportunity to grow and learn it's a good company to work with.
great accounting and computer skills learned
i was in charge of a company located in Minnesota . i would keep track of all the items that were exported from them to mexico. once a month i would set all the data in a CD and send to company.
I enjoyed for working for this company. Although their were challenging. Challenges makes you strong. Staying positive in an Hostel environment is what I depth with at times. I made the best of it until the end. Not a bad place to work for.
Heavy Workload, low pay
As an audtior you have a heavy workload and the pay isnt that great for the stress that comes along with it. It seems like a good incentive system but once you get going you realize it's not. This is a work from home positiong, however you need to physically drive to businesses to perform the audits.
Good Place to Work
I enjoyed working at EXL the training was boring, however. But the overall experience was enjoyable. When I was working there they offered bonuses which was nice because the pay isn’t. The environment was relaxed, overall.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Exl
A progressive company consistently moving forward. Serving organizations in insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics, delivering solutions from wherever clients need them.
Great Company
EXL is a great company. The pay is not so great, but there is potential to earn good money through hard work and dedication. They overhauled their training program and it is top notch. The managers are good. Really like co-workers. Also, appreciate having control over scheduling to ensure work/life balance.
Not a very productive job
Overall, the job is a joke. The place keeps losing partnerships with people. The place is comepletely unorganized. I did more walking around and playing with my phone than do work work because we didn't have work most of the time, so they sent us hm early, alot! Don't work for exl bright health!
some days were good
no work life balance, the culture was not conducive to women, some of senior leadership were kind, just not enough to make you stick around. The compensation was really good.
Unprofessional. Low wages. Discrimination.
Terrible company. One of the worst experiences of my life. Unprofessional from the top down. No room for growth. They offer their services to big name clients at ridiculously cheap rates so they’re for to cut corners and pay low wages in order to maximize their profits. Many employees are overworked, unhappy, under paid, and treated poorly. I’ve witnessed multiple instances of discrimination, violations of labor laws, and racism on a daily basis.
Very uptight , stressful, rules change all the time and they find reasons not to give you your bonus
They will change your work schedule after hiring you for a specific shift . They change the rules often and making it so you won’t get your bonus. Only one manager actually know what he is doing . They will time you if you go to the restroom and on breaks . They do try to find fun ways to compete and earn prizes. The benefits are pretty good .
Cant Say Much
the company has a flow to it. It is just any other IT company that creates very unrealistic deadlines for the same and not understanding the real scope of work.
Redundant and unorganized
Redundant and unorganized, struggling with helping new health plan members when the plan doesnt prioritize the members needs. My team was constantly frustrated.
Multiculturalism
A typical day at work is based on the account you work for (as any consulting company) but I dont feel part of EXL itself...everything is too digital and Face to Face interaction with EXL is rarely.
Zero score really
There is no structure within this company. It is run by a very diverse group of people who have no training in diversity in the work place, and expect to be able to run a business without it. The management here has little to no people skills and are 90% money oriented without really understanding ALL of the aspects it takes to get there. Quality is controlled out of Pune India and "language barriers" are used as an excuse to downgrade the customer service reps who work hard to use the little skills and tools that are taught to them to do the best job they can. There is no structure throughout the staff within the organization. Most agents do as they please when they please, while a few are monitored very closely and punished drastically for the smallest of mistakes.
This company boasts a family comes first attitude which I personally experienced when my father was in the hospital having surgery for a collapsed lung and I came to work in order to not get pointed and lose money or get written up. All day top members of management told me how they were there for me and that I should go and be with my father because family was most important. After surgery and finding out that it was cancer not just a collapsed lung I took off 3 days to be with my family and my father, and was pointed out to the max. Because family is so important to EXL. When questioned my manager about it I was told that this was not bereavement days so I would need to produce my father's medical records in order to get the points and bad marks removed from my record. HIPPA prevents this from happening. Also
 - more...
Pros
location
Cons
benefits, management, no diversity, no structure
Great friendly working environment
I love coming in to work at EXL and the whole staff was welcoming and very helpful with your person life and career. EXL open door policy is great if you follow all the recommended steps someone in management will step in for help with the employees concerns.
Allstate dispatching center
This job had me smoking with my coworkers in the parking lot on breaks because of the stress and poor wages ...and I’m not talking about cigarettes I wouldn’t recommend anyone to this place not even my worst enemy.
trash job
this is a trash job absolutely horrible. I cant belived i worked at this place for as long as i did. this job is not for the faint of heart as they play favorites and will make you feel like dirt for not knowing something.
Too much stress for too little pay
Extremely demanding, management not on the same page, poor leadership. Compensation is way below market. This is a good job for working remotely but it is very time consuming. There is a high rate of turnover because management just cannot seem to get it together.
Unprofessional
Pay less, very unprofessional, nonresponsive, backstabber, not a company to work for. I would never recommend anyone to work with this company..........
It was ok
It was ok. Security was good. Health benefits were good. The comfort rooms were great. It was ok . I have learned a lot during my stay . Will recommend it to my friends
Ask a question about working or interviewing at EXL. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight