EXL Employee Reviews

Found 109 reviews matching the search See all 1,217 reviews
Dont waste your time
INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 6, 2018
Really difficult company to work for. Really. Poor pay,no benefits.Lousy/bad no info from it. Review dosent understand english,slow.Holds rpts forever. Poor poor management. Consistent lack of correct customer contact info... I would have given every category no stars but had to enter something.
Pros
Cons
Way tooo many
International company, communication rough at times
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
EXL was a good company to work for but when dealing with those overseas, there was a language barrier and patience seemed to run thin at times. But those in charge locally were great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
international
Training
Rescue agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas cityOctober 18, 2018
If it wasn't for a woman who is the mentor/floor support I would have left. I've learned alot from her. She's very professional and is straight forward. I think she's from New York. She needs to be running everything. She cares about her job and enjoys it with a great attitude. And cares about other employees. Better yet she's drama free. Exl needs more employees like her.
Pros
They reward you with candy bars on great customer service calls
Cons
Should pay more. Too many young females its like all of kansas city. Ghetto
job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 15, 2018
I don't have much to say about the job or the company. It was a job. I made not so much money, and it was kinda gross and self degrading but who gives a its a job.
Pros
Free trash bags and paper towels
Cons
feces and urinw
I needed a job and they offer a job.
Disability Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2018
I needed a job so I took this and looking for a new job right now . Management don't care they don't care how they treat you. It's work pays the bills
Pros
Co-worker easy work
Cancellations Rep/CSR
Senior Specialist for Trust Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Answer calls from customers.
cancel contracts per customer request.
scan into system for easy retrieval.
like family.
Meeting deadlines.
My coworkers!
Pros
providing a service to so many across the nation
Cons
hearing the stories about customers being mistreated and taken advantage of
It was a good place to work but management changed and it got worse.
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I do miss some of the people i worked with. I do not miss having to drive to an office that the electricity sometimes did not work. The building was insecure and so was the area.
All talk, no action.
Digital Transformation Consultant (Former Employee) –  VariousSeptember 19, 2018
Had multiple meetings to discuss accomplishments and career advancement, and although was told I was on the promotable list, kept getting run-around and delayed to the point I got fed up and left.

It's a pity, because some managers recognized and acknowledged that I wasn't being utilized to my full potential.
Pros
Some extremely knowledgeable and courteous managers and staff.
Cons
Not valued properly.
typical day of work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 8, 2018
A Team Leader, often known as a supervisor or a Team Manager, is responsible for managing a team of Advisors. The Team Leader's role is to ensure individual Advisors are performing accurately
Trash
Emergency Roadside Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2018
Exl is trash they fire people for no reason at all hire any one that comes through the door they have very poor training the main manager is a drunk and the agents are very very messy checks are ALWAYS short takes forever to get benefits people always stealing your food out of the break room fridge and cabinets.
Cons
Don’t work here if you want a run around with your money
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 24, 2018
Training is bad, i barely learned anything. The work place is filled with messy people and drama.The managers and supervisors are very unprofessional. During orientation, I submitted all the required documents for direct deposit and guess what? I didn’t get paid ! Normal human beings like myself has bills to pay and i can’t pay them with no money ! EXL is probably the most crappiest company to work for. WANRING do not work there if you want your money to be lost somewhere.. this place needs to be shut down.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Don’t get paid on time
Up and coming company
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2018
EXL is newer to the area and growing fast. While there are some growing pains, I have had nothing but a great expierence. From the interview through training and onto the floor the team has been supportive and friendly. There is always opportunities for bonus pay and the benefits are amazing.
Pros
People are friendly, easy work, entry level, good location
Cons
Technical issues with accounts
Backend work in operations for commercial lines insurance
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 14, 2018
The work and tasks were not difficult to handle and manage, the client was great to work with and the work schedule was flexible with good benefits. What made the job stressful was the management, poor managing skills, and lack of encouragement to employees. There was a game of favorites that was prevalent and topics discussed in management meetings were never followed through with. There was a sense that the employee's feedback were disregarded and changes were never implemented. Employee's ideas were taken from them and credit due was never made. There ended up being a lot of tension and fights between employees that management never straighten out.
Pros
Benefits, work schedule, offered certain incentives from the insurance company
Cons
no incentives offered from the company, little to no raise, work load was increased with no managing from management.
easy going job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 26, 2018
job was easy going and not so stressful. Environment was great. supervisors were approachable and team mates were helpful. work was over all good and easy.
Pros
environment
Cons
career growth
People I work with were nice.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2018
I was an EXL employee working for the American Hotel and Lodging Association. We worked 7 hours a day and sometimes we stayed late it was part of being a salaried employee.
Productive work enviroment
Document Scanner (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 12, 2018
You arrive at work and sign into your scanner. You collect the mail you are going to scan. Place it in the mail converter and start to scan each piece of mail plus the envelope until all the mail is done.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
worked in the dallas branch
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
days really long. learned a lot. traveled from time to time.
company could offer more benefits. HR in a different state.
Laid off from the company due to cuts.
Learning place
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 12, 2018
It was a learning place in all areas on human resources and in the area of finance in my personal case I had to work with different departments across the country and internationally
Annoying
Rescue Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 5, 2018
Not to be rude but do not work here. It’s so unorganized they do not care about their employees at all. You will work like a space and get nowhere. Favorites and cliques run and determines anything as far as advancement goes.
Pros
Sit down job
Exl
Decision Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 5, 2018
Analysts of claims and also benefits that paid incorrecty. Worked on spread sheets and reported issues to horizon blue cross and blue shield of New Jersey