EXL Employee Reviews

Found 120 reviews matching the search See all 1,253 reviews
Upper management needs remediation training
Disability Claims (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Many lines of business. Great family like environment (really). It's just terrible the upper management feels no need to acclimate themselves into that family. The place has good bones but, poor/no proactive direction. The reactive rather than proactive nature of upper management's approach to operations is really the only stressor. Unfortunately that is a huge stressor when job security for hourly employees is on the line as a result.
Pros
Great overall environment. Decent pay
Cons
Benefits are -eh, at best. Recently acquired company still has kinks to workout.
Lay-off
Disability Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2019
EXL isn't a stable company they had a contract with Metlife. EXL did not train their employees well enough to sustain the project after 9 months we were all laid-off. Certain people were kept on the project but not many. The project consisted of 65 people but 45 were laid off. I am convinced that Metlife will snatch the rest of the contract.
Pros
Dress casual, decent pay, flex scheduling
Cons
High Turnover, Not enough tools to train employees to sustain projects, no raises or bonuses, Lay-offs are high
Backend work in operations for commercial lines insurance
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 14, 2018
The work and tasks were not difficult to handle and manage, the client was great to work with and the work schedule was flexible with good benefits. What made the job stressful was the management, poor managing skills, and lack of encouragement to employees. There was a game of favorites that was prevalent and topics discussed in management meetings were never followed through with. There was a sense that the employee's feedback were disregarded and changes were never implemented. Employee's ideas were taken from them and credit due was never made. There ended up being a lot of tension and fights between employees that management never straighten out.
Pros
Benefits, work schedule, offered certain incentives from the insurance company
Cons
no incentives offered from the company, little to no raise, work load was increased with no managing from management.
Dont waste your time
INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 6, 2018
Really difficult company to work for. Really. Poor pay,no benefits.Lousy/bad no info from it. Review dosent understand english,slow.Holds rpts forever. Poor poor management. Consistent lack of correct customer contact info... I would have given every category no stars but had to enter something.
Pros
Cons
Way tooo many
Trash
Emergency Roadside Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 6, 2018
Exl is trash they fire people for no reason at all hire any one that comes through the door they have very poor training the main manager is a drunk and the agents are very very messy checks are ALWAYS short takes forever to get benefits people always stealing your food out of the break room fridge and cabinets.
Up and coming company
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2018
EXL is newer to the area and growing fast. While there are some growing pains, I have had nothing but a great expierence. From the interview through training and onto the floor the team has been supportive and friendly. There is always opportunities for bonus pay and the benefits are amazing.
Pros
People are friendly, easy work, entry level, good location
Cons
Technical issues with accounts
S t r e s s f u l
Roadside assistant (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 2, 2019
SAVE YOURSELF. I'm 23 years old and I've had some stressful job. But this here, EXL is the MOST stressful! Please save yourself the time, energy, gas, an SANITY! Bad management! Co-workers are more helpful and pleasant. Ghetto, they are slave-drivers and the Guys from Pune, India are RUDE! I understand the culture differences but my God! The women in HR look down on others and are very rude. You get in trouble for the most littlest things like your in elementary school. easy money but tough environment. And the watch you like you are thinking about walking out with their systems.
Pros
Easy pocket Change
Take the warning
Dispatcher/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 4, 2019
DO NOT waist your time working for a company that is unorganized and don't care about you. HR consist of one lady that never gets anything done right and the managers sit around all day while taking 100 smoke breaks, leaving the whole staff without anyone around to supervise. When you ask for help or have a question they say they will come back to help you but disappear and never return. The employees take avantage of the lack of supervision daily. Fist fights between workers, workers hanging up on Allstate customers, and just plain not helping the customers at all. Free will job. They never pay you on time or even RIGHT, there was several times they shorted me hundreds of dollars on my paycheck and had to bug them to fix it every time like it was a issue for them. EXL will have you coming home with a bad attitude everyday. Management is rude, unperfessional, unhelpful. Save your time and diginity and pass the job opportunity. Your welcome in advance 😊
No work life balance
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
Above title sums it up. If you're thinking of joining this company, prepare to have your personal life suffer. Only numbers matter, despite all other accomplishments or relationships built. No diversity whatsoever, the indians run the show. They may add other members to promote diversity but it's all pretend, they would choose to work amongst each other and bypass the others. It's mostly a show. The Senior Leadership/Executive Team used to have a heart. Leaders do not uphold the organization's values anymore. To this day, I still wonder what happened.
worked in the dallas branch
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
days really long. learned a lot. traveled from time to time.
company could offer more benefits. HR in a different state.
Laid off from the company due to cuts.
Exl
Decision Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 5, 2018
Analysts of claims and also benefits that paid incorrecty. Worked on spread sheets and reported issues to horizon blue cross and blue shield of New Jersey
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 11, 2019
My typical day at work is, I start my shift and start off with grading calls, sending out reports in my email, Creating spreadsheets , and also analyzing data. EXL Inc is a great work place and they also offer promotions to employees that have been in the work place for at least 90 days.
Pros
Coming up in the company
Cons
Shfit changing
great learning with excellent leadership
FP&A and Pricing Leader (AVP) (Former Employee) –  Noid and USNovember 16, 2018
working with EXL was a great learning. This is employee centric organisation and believe in work and fun for their employees. Some issue with work life balance due to stringent timelines and a small supporting team for multi geo supports.
All talk, no action.
Digital Transformation Consultant (Former Employee) –  VariousSeptember 19, 2018
Had multiple meetings to discuss accomplishments and career advancement, and although was told I was on the promotable list, kept getting run-around and delayed to the point I got fed up and left.

It's a pity, because some managers recognized and acknowledged that I wasn't being utilized to my full potential.
Pros
Some extremely knowledgeable and courteous managers and staff.
Cons
Not valued properly.
Management Lacking
Vice President - Analytics (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
EXL needs to tighten up management expectations and better align with compensation. Also need to foster better collaboration between business units- it is very hard to close complicated analytics projects without coordination at all levels.
Pros
Fast pased
Cons
Bad commission plan
Low advancement options
Subrogation Officer, property claims (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXOctober 11, 2017
The job in the San Antonio office is highly restricted by the overbearing nature of the client they have. Any forms of suggestions of better practice are rejected due to it not being EXL that has the final say. HR is a non-existent entity that you cannot reach by telephone and all communication is by email. If you are seeking advancement be prepared to move interstate or out of the country, that's if you can access the remote HR site from your terminal.
Pros
Work/Life balance is great. So too is the benefits
Cons
Treated like a battery hen. No potential for advancement
Turnover was constant
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2018
I worked as a temp. Lasted 7 months. Within those 7 months 3 employees walked out during the day and never came back!! I was let go and advised they decided to end my assignment and wanted to hire someone full time and not thru a temp agency!
Pros
Lunch for coming to work in the snow
Cons
Pay, Constantly given more and more work due to the high turnover rate, office was not that nice either.
Productive and fun working
Consulting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2018
EXL is an equal opportunity company with excellent work culture. Has very strong positive values and work ethics. Very good bosses and people. EXL gives stability and grooms employees to excel.
Pros
Excellent company, employee's friendly
Cons
Pay is low
Training
Rescue agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas cityOctober 18, 2018
If it wasn't for a woman who is the mentor/floor support I would have left. I've learned alot from her. She's very professional and is straight forward. I think she's from New York. She needs to be running everything. She cares about her job and enjoys it with a great attitude. And cares about other employees. Better yet she's drama free. Exl needs more employees like her.
Pros
They reward you with candy bars on great customer service calls
Cons
Should pay more. Too many young females its like all of kansas city. Ghetto
Don’t work here if you want a run around with your money
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 24, 2018
Training is bad, i barely learned anything. The work place is filled with messy people and drama.The managers and supervisors are very unprofessional. During orientation, I submitted all the required documents for direct deposit and guess what? I didn’t get paid ! Normal human beings like myself has bills to pay and i can’t pay them with no money ! EXL is probably the most crappiest company to work for. WANRING do not work there if you want your money to be lost somewhere.. this place needs to be shut down.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Don’t get paid on time