EXL Employee Reviews

Decent Company
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
Overall a decent company to work. EXL has been growing rapidly with new acquisitions. Work culture is not very great.
Salary varies a lot with BU/verticle (for the same designation)
Great company management
Part-time assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Assisted in generating and reviewing marketing material. Helped in managing logistics for Oil and Gas tradeshow events
Contributed in revising client proposals .
Great place to get some experience
Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 18, 2017
Great co workers, quiet, happy hour with the team every Friday
Always learning something new, great management nice view good benefits, friendly staff,
Pros
1 hour lunch, great co workers
Cons
No formal training
Great career path but no culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
While EXL scores really high points on salaries, benefits, and career growth, there literally is not an existent culture in the company. The support functions like HR, Finance, and Tech assume that they run the businesses instead of trying to solve problems of business personnel. The company hierarchy may seem unengaged at root levels.
Being an Indian based company, I learned a lot of interesting things about their culture
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 1, 2017
A typical day at EXL was coming in to your cubicle, logging into your phone and taking phone calls. I learned a lot about Indian culture. Management was great, very helpful. Our workplace culture was fun at times. we would organize potlucks, bowling trips etc....The hardest part of the job was the under staffing. There were not enough CSR's to handle our call volume, The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun things we would do together as a team ( contests etc...)
Pros
Great empoyee incentives and recognition opportunities
Cons
Understaffing
Great Work Environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2017
It is a great work environment but the hierarchy of the corporation needs work. Also they need to up there compensation to compete with other companies, and there is very little advancement.
Good Place to work specially in Analytics Practice
Assistant Vice President Analytics & BI (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2017
Decision Analytics practice is headed by experienced & thoughtful leadership, provides you platform where one can really grow as an individual professional.
No security or definition of role
AVP Operations (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 15, 2017
EXL is a successful company for it's stockholders but tends to treat employees as interchangeable parts of a machine. There is limited opportunity for advancement but the compensation is fair and standard benefits are present. Also they tend to nickel and dime employees.
Pros
Work remote, good Health Benefits, competitive salary
Cons
No transparency, difficult to understand direction of company and strategic initiatives.
Small enviroment and many opportunities
Payroll/HR Sr. Specialist as a SCI employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
Manual daily process and many opportunities for growth. The company encourages cross training and knowledge sharing. Smaller and comfortabe enviroment.
Location not growing as anticipated
Customer Service Supervisor, Annuities (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2017
Accepted position there 5yrs ago working for one client. EXL anticipated getting many additional clients. As of the time I left, they still only have 1 client. Rather than experiencing growth within this company, I watched to shrink.
Terribly mismanaged. Management played favorites
"Document scanner" (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 7, 2017
Always over promised to its employees without delivering. Managers never took blame and always pointed fingers. Turnover was incredibly high throughout my tenure. People were treated as expendable property. Worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Decent health benefits
Cons
Management, job security, no advancement, managers play favorites
Fun Place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
Loved working here! The company culture was good and we had lot of fun. The job security was good and management was very responsive!
Fun place to work at
Project Manager, Decision Analytics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Pros -

2. Employees are treated like resources and not like people
3. Poor work culture
Business Processing Outsourcing
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 5, 2016
The company leveraged a lot of opportunities in bringing more business on board. Yet though we faced some challenges along the way, we were able to achieve a higher number of recoverable percentage of dollars for our clients
It is a great place for someone to start their career in analytics
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
It is great to work for a bunch of different clients among leading banks, healthcare, insurance and asset management. Lot of client interaction and onshore opportunity.
Pros
Different segments to work in, Onshore Travel
Cons
Slow Individual Growth
All is Well
Senior Manager - Risk Management (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYJune 21, 2016
The company is good with decent compensation and benefits. the work culture is also satisfactory. I have learned lots of statistical skill while working in EXL. The co-workers are also very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get the exposures of different clients. The hardest part of the job is to deal with lots of clients. The management is just okay.
Ok Place to Work
Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 26, 2016
I've been working here for over a year an a half and they're are some things I like and other things I don't. Coworkers are nice and helpful for the most part. Manager doesn't give a hard time if your occasionally late or need the day off due to illness or other unexpected event.
Pros
Commute wasn't bad, coworkers were nice, manager doesn't constantly watch what your doing
Cons
More Pay. Better health insurance. No advancement. Low raises
Employees are treated very well!
Care Management Associate (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 28, 2016
Good management and employee relationship. Very diverse and trainings are non-stop. A lot of opportunities when I left and I hope that it is still in good standing today.
I loved my job here.. Being a fresher i had not experienced better.
Senior Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 30, 2016
It was my first job and i have learnt so much from this place. I can never be obliged enough for this company for making me a better human being and a professional.
Consulting
Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 8, 2016
Consulting Firm. Provide Internal Auidt, Control Assessment, Operational Risk Assessment to Banking and Financial Services clients.