EXO-S Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INAugust 29, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this place unless you don't wanna spend time with family, or friends. It's hot, there's no ac. You work 8-12 hrs a day 6-7 days a week.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay
Cons
Hot long work weeks, little to no family time.
Hard working good pay
Big door press oparator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INAugust 28, 2018
It is a great place to work with lots of good people and great pay and great benefits would defiantly reccomend exos to any hard worker not to mention the great safty procedures
Fast paced place to work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIJuly 16, 2018
Loved the people I worked with.. job doesn't pay enough. There is not much room for advancement..fast paced job. Some presses are rough on your body..
Pros
Decent benifits great people to work with
Cons
Hard on your body, doesn't pay enough
Not organized or enough support, too many changes and not consistent with changes
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Howe, INAugust 9, 2018
Worked there many, many yrs. Apply for job bids. Have plenty of experience with most job posting. Would get passed up for people with 6 months to 1 yr experience. No explanation to why. Machine operators are treated like we aren't important. Our opinions,ideas or feelings don't matter. Management are out for money not the people on the machines making parts-money for the company. Each department is out for themselves. Safety is a joke. Regrind, flash,matetial, oil on floor. Where operators work and walk.
Pros
Most operators are welling to help each other
Cons
HOT in summer. Breaks aren't long enough. Bathrooms are nasty. No support from management.
There
Setup process tech (Current Employee) –  Howe, INJuly 17, 2018
Exos has no communication at all the will tell you one thing then an hour let another they put jobs in that don't need to be ran. They pull setup off there jobs to do someone less job then we get be hind
Productive and able to advance
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Howe, INApril 4, 2018
I liked working there but it was a fast paced hard working environment for little pay for me. I feel as though we the workers should be paid a little bit more for the hard work it takes to run the machines.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Short breaks, pay too little
Good people to work with
Machine and Tool Designer (Former Employee) –  Howe, INFebruary 20, 2018
It would have been better if the intern training was done from teaching or showing the knowledge of machinability first.
people are very friendly to work with. Manager is very friendly. kept track of everything. Felt like meetings need to be improved. No standard process for meeting.
Nice place to work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIFebruary 27, 2018
Very fast paced enviroment , nice enviroment and co workers . Overtime is nice and mandated as business needs. Very accomodating to employee needs as far as life work balance .
hard work long hours lots of mandating
Production Training Coach (Former Employee) –  Howe, INAugust 25, 2017
like the fast pace and easy to move up. lots of turn over and if you get hurt good luck with workmans comp. woman bathrooms always stunk and would overflow at least once a week and the only other bathrooms are at the other end of the factory. only two stalls in the bathroom any way. supervisors on the floor do not follow all the rules yet they expect all the others to follow or there will be a write up. they seem to have a knack there for hiring lazy people and ex cons
Very fast paced work. Have to have back ground in computers
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INJune 8, 2017
Management not so good there. .coworkers are fun and inviting. Very fast paced work. Very hot in spring and summer. They train you on the day of hire. They supply drinking fountaints through out the plant but do not supply cups. Full on vending with two ten min break and a twenty min break for lunch.
Pros
The coworkers
Cons
The atmosphere.
management constanstly changing
Production Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Howe, INFebruary 27, 2017
Work is not too difficult. High turn over rate due to excessive overtime requirements without notice as well as very little training implementations. Managment constantly changing, causing constant restructuring. Which leds to instability and lack of job security.
Pros
making 5s improvements
Cons
no flexibility, lack of training
Positive Environment, Good People
Large Door Operator (Former Employee) –  Howe, IN 46746February 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at EXO-S. The Supervisors are good Respectful people. The work was fair and not terribly difficult for the type of money there was to be made. After less than a month of working there, I was promoted from a general operator position ($11.56/hour) to a "Large Door Operator" position. ($14.14)
The hardest par of the Job I would have to say was the August heat as Howe plant does not have the greatest ventilation.
Pros
Paid breaks, paid hollidays, opportunities for overtime, Break room has A/C that makes for relaxing breaks.
Cons
The plant gets hot in the warmer summer months.
Mold Technician
Set-up Technician/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Howe, INDecember 20, 2016
At the beginning of each shift us mold setters would check the schedule for which press was in change-over. afterwards we would get everything that we need to do the change over. we would get the mold, head tooling if it needed to be changed. tools etc. then we would unhook all the air lines, and the water lines and removed the mold/ molds. after that we would install the new mold/ molds and hook the air and water lines and make sure everything was lined and we would shot part and process the machine in for the first piece.
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
never knew when we were able to take breaks
productive
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Howe, INAugust 22, 2017
Hard Work with little to no time off, Employees are over worked and under paid. Work weekends, sometimes work for a month at a times before you get one day off.
Pros
friendship
Cons
low pay, hard work, little to no time off
enjoyed the job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Howe, INMay 2, 2017
I enjoyed the job and learned a lot when I was there but the management changed once or twice a year. it was a very high passed work environment. the company moved from Three Rivers, MI to Howe, IN and I was the one of the first supervisor to move and start up a 2nd shift then a 3rd shift. That was fun!
Exo-s is a great company
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Howe, INMarch 3, 2016
Exo-s is a growing company with focus on fun, respect and life balance. I enjoyed my time with the company very much.

A typical day held many challenges. Through these challenges I continued to grow in knowledge each day.

Co-workers were great and made it fun to go to work every day

Management was committed to improvements and growth
productive and fun but not much to do other than work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIMarch 24, 2014
all of the co-workers make it their resonsibility to get to know who you are from the first day that you begin working ar Exo-s. everyone is fun and nice to work with but the work and hours were a little hard to handle and made my homelife hard due to the fact that i worked third shift. the hardest part of the job is being able to be quick enough to keep up with production and computer work. the most enjoyable part is all of the colorful characters that you get to meet and become friends with.
Productive and interesting
General Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIJuly 13, 2016
Every day was different with different opportunities. I learned a lot when I worked here, like how to make/ mold several plastic parts. My supervisor was very understanding and nice to work for. My co-workers were also very nice to work with and we usually had a fun time while producing good quality parts. sometimes in the summer it was very hot and that wasn't fun. But overall I enjoyed the work place/ environment.
Pros
Co-workers and bosses were very nice/ cool
Cons
The heat and sometimes repettive work sometimes was a burden
Friendly enviroment
Blow Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIAugust 10, 2016
I enjoyed working there for the most part, but I would like to have a career in my field of study.
The work was steady paced and kept you busy for 8 hours. The plant manager was very friendly and down the earth.
Productive and hot place to work
PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Howe, INApril 21, 2017
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Get job assignments on what press your running and check first pieces, run with cycle time, check for defects and pack out parts make labels.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
manegment over bearing