Exodus Recovery Inc. Employee Reviews

Good experience
Social Services Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 4, 2018
A good place to work if you are beginning to gain experience in the field of social work and would like to enhance your resume. You will gain a great deal of experience at this agency.
Friendly Environment
staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Its a very nice friendly work environment. I enjoyed most that I got the projects I really want to work on. There is some lack of organization from management.
Pros
free breakfast from pharmacies once a month
Work Day
Mental Health Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Facilitate a positive client/staff dynamic
Client intakes/take-downs

A community and critical resource dedicated to enhancing the cultural and educational experience
No growth
Server (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 15, 2018
There is no where for me to go in this company, although it keeps opening up more locations. I did make some really great friends that understand that this company is growing too fast and the work just keeps getting more outragoues every day.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
ego driven people for no reason
Excellent
Trainee / MFT (Marriage and Family Therapy) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2017
Work atmosphere is engaging. Professional peers and clients are very adaptable and receptive. Supervisors are well trained and informative. It was a wonderful experience.
Fast paced, Alert, Interesting, You Learn A lot
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 14, 2017
Very fast paced. Interesting. If you're looking into the Psych Field, you'll learn a lot. Must work as a team. I only got to work the Inpatient and Outpatient sides, and the adolescent side once so I don't really know how it was there. I'm in the health field, and I learned a lot from there. Great opportunity.
Fast paced, but fair
Registered Nurse, Psychiatric (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2017
I feel the work load was fairly distributed amongst workers, and the flow of work went smoothly. However, most people are working per diem and the benefits aren't that great. The hourly pay for per diem nurses is good, but they waive time and a half after 8 hours.
Pros
Pay good, coworkers fair
Cons
lack of benefits, too many per diem.
MHT (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2017
Review your assignments get to and its just a work just a great environment to around because everyone always helpful. You get help the clients with the training you've learned.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Best place to learn about behavioral health
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 2, 2017
Good place to work and get into the behavioral health field. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Respectable job but the pay is not enough for all the work.
Great
Marital and Family Therapist, Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2017
I was a MFT Trainee (Intern) so no pay. Amazing experience. Supervisor, Rich Davis, is great. Guy taught me so much in such a short time. One of my most valued work experience ever. Oh, love the population serviced.
Pros
Rewarding all around experience
Cons
A great organization to work for to help those in need
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 5, 2017
I am grateful for the professional growth opportunity given throughout many years. It is a busy environment to work for but at the end of the day, it feels very rewarding to know you did something good for those in need!
Pros
CME weekly
Exodus is filling a well needed void in our Behavioral Health system
Human Resource/Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 28, 2017
Exodus had faith in me and gave me this opportunity knowing I had little experience. I have grown and learned so much thanks to them.
They are family orientated and are very lenient with the staff when family or personal issues come up. I enjoy working with the other staff and have a good re pore with the administration as well.
Understaffed, barely trained staff, management are inexperienced
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousFebruary 25, 2017
Inpatient BH unit run by inexperienced managers and understaffed which put floor staff and clients at risk. No training or orientation for new staff.
Cons
Dangerous and unsafe working environment
Very rewarding experience.
Marriage and Family Therapy Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2016
Very rewarding experience. Staff is kind and supportive. The clients are very appreciative of the work you do with them. They offer great hours and fair pay.
Great for Trainee's
Marital & Family Therapy Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2016
Amazing clinical supervision, exposure to diverse populations, great coworkers, hours toward BBS licensure were great at the psychiatric hospital
Love it!
Mental Health Worker/Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 26, 2016
I absolutely love working at Exodus and the staff are truly helpful and a fun group to work with! I have learned so much in my time here that will help me with other opportunities.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
1/2 lunch break with a 12 hour shift.
Great place to get experience
Trainee/Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2016
As an intern, I learned so much at Exodus. I would not choose to work much beyond that due to the management priorities and structure.

Clients are great - sometimes challenging. Definitely grateful for the experience.
Pros
Amazing Client experiences
Cons
Location, management culture
Good experience and opportunity to work with different population.
trainee at Exodus Recover Center (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed working at this facility, the co-workers were very helpful and knowledgable, I had a good experience providing group therapy, and as an individual therapist, proctoring psychological and psychosocial assessments.
Pros
Free lunches, and snacks.
Cons
Very lovely and warm workplace
College (Current Employee) –  CalifonriaJune 17, 2015
Since 1989 Exodus Recovery, Inc. (Exodus) has been providing quality psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment services to Southern California communities. Beginning with the management of hospital based inpatient and outpatient programs, Exodus eventually expanded into the operation of mental health intensive outpatient clinics as a contractor with both the Los Angeles and San Diego County Departments of Mental Health. In the last twenty years,
No day is the same
Master of Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 26, 2015
I learn something new everyday that I work. It is a learning environment that is encouraging and supportive. All co-workers are approachable and kind. As an urgent care clinic, the hardest part of the job is not knowing what happens to the clients once they leave. The best part of the job is knowing that you have made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Friendly, supportive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exodus Recovery Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2