EXOS Employee Reviews

Not what I hoped it would be
Coach (Former Employee) –  N Arlington, NJDecember 7, 2018
If you're looking for career advancement, growth, or to be managed well this is not the company for you. I had very high expectations going into full-time employment with a company that I had respected for a long time.
Pros
Discounts on various products related to health, wellness, and fitness
Cons
Low salary, for benefits, lack of opportunities for growth, and mismanagement of talent
productive and fun
Performance Internship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2018
great place to work and intern . You will learn a lot and be able to practice what you learn and experiment at the facility as well. i recommend it to young strength coaches.
Student Intern View
Performance Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
This was by far my best clinical rotation. If you have a strong love for sports performance and orthopedics, EXOS is by far the best company to fulfill those desires. Unfortunately I have heard by other employees that PTs are underpaid for their position, especially when dealing with professional athletes that rely on you to keep them healthy.
Pros
Amazing sports atmospher, great collaboration with performance coaches, healthy work enviroment
Cons
low salary
great place to work and advance
Prototype Engineer (Former Employee) –  Howe, INNovember 5, 2018
exos was great at understanding each worker's ability. they are great at involving everyone. advancing opportunities are everywhere, and the more you involve yourself the more advancing opportunities you will get.
Pros
great people
Take it if you need it
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 11, 2018
EXOS is very good at their business and strives to take care of their clients' needs. The result of this customer service is that EXOS achieves it at the expense of their employees. They provide highly competitive rates to entice clients, and then staff those facilities with the lowest possible employees salary and deplorable benefits. Apply if you truly need work, but don't expect the management EXOS to see you as any more than an employee ID number.
Pros
Always looking for employees
Cons
Does nothing to retain employees
Loved it
Fitness Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAOctober 5, 2018
Very great working environment, learned a lot and corporate sent higher ups for educational classes. I owe most of my good review to my manager so I can't speak for the overall company that much.
Horrible management
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 20, 2018
They fired a good full time employee that was there for 4 years and went with part time people and minnimum wage!
They kept people that started after me even!
Good Company wish they could do more.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 19, 2018
The company is great for managing gym facilities. It struggled showing the value of a healthy lifestyle outside of the fitness center. Upper management struggled at times.
Terrible management, they don't care about their employees
Performance Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 6, 2018
For a company all about helping others, they don't treat their employees well at all. Havent had a pay raise in almost 6 years, 401K program is the worst I have ever seen, you don't get money back if you take another insurance plan, and they promise referral bonuses, and then don't follow through.
Cons
pay, benefits
Exos is a fun place to work
Performance Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA 90746September 3, 2018
I learned alot while working at exos and every one there is more than willing to go out of their way to help you learn and improve. every one is very nice and the client base is very diverse.
Great place to work!
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work! Love the atmosphere, the team. Would love to stay here for many more years to come except the Compensation is extremely low for having a bachelors degree, and no room for advancement. The pay is something you can't realistically live off of.
Pros
Discounts, fun job, informative, exciting, enjoyable, best job I've had
Cons
pay is bad for qualifications of the position
Positive Experience (Little Training)
Director of Fitness Center Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
Overall I have had a great experience working with EXOS but that is due to my coworkers, less to the management of EXOS. Good mission, rough execution.
EXOS grade A
Performance Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2018
great company. great people. great environment. coaches here are amazing. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience at EXOS. state-of-the-art facility. everything you could possibly need in and from a training facility.
Great Career, Great Team
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2018
If human performance is your passion, this is the place for you. Great benefits and pay for the industry. Great leadership and guidance from directors. Education is a priority for EXOS. Have worked for EXOS for almost two years and would love to stay for another 8.
Pros
I get to do what I love and went to school for everyday for a living.
Cons
Every job has cons but I would not want to work anywhere else!
Very low paying position for someone with 4 year degree and years of experience. Little to no room for advancement.
HFS (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2018
Worked here for over 2.5 years. Pay is low, especially for the area. Never received a raise. No room for advancement or additional income as they prohibit off shift training. If you have any goals or business outside of EXOS, even if done correctly, they will punish you for conflict of interest. However, if you want to be held at 30-35k per year and don't care to move up for as long as you work there, go for it.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement opportunities, no ability to create additional income. Very restrictive and controlling company
Fun place to work
Sr. Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  LexingtonJune 21, 2018
Greta place to be. Great people to work with. Never a dull moment. The opportunity to grow exist. Need to show that you are interested though. Overall good place
Review
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  MDJune 11, 2018
EXOS is a good company to work for if you are fresh out of college, but there really isn't any room for worth within the company if you are working in their corporate fitness environment and the pay is very low for someone who has a bachelor degree.
it was great
Reception Manager / Lead Concierge at IMAXShift (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
when I was full time for it's start up company with IMAXShift. the pto and benefits were awesome for someone thats single. I had a great time and the people t the main site were very helpful.
Productive fast paste work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INApril 12, 2018
For the most part the EXOS work environment is very fast pace and wants work to be done with effort although it could be hard but the ending result is always worth it.
Job was okay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2018
They definitely do not give you enough hours. The communication skills here are very poor between management and the rest of us. I would recommend this job if you are in college and just need a part-time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EXOS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight