EXOS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very low paying position for someone with 4 year degree and years of experience. Little to no room for advancement.
HFS (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2018
Worked here for over 2.5 years. Pay is low, especially for the area. Never received a raise. No room for advancement or additional income as they prohibit off shift training. If you have any goals or business outside of EXOS, even if done correctly, they will punish you for conflict of interest. However, if you want to be held at 30-35k per year and don't care to move up for as long as you work there, go for it.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement opportunities, no ability to create additional income. Very restrictive and controlling company
Fun place to work
Sr. Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  LexingtonJune 21, 2018
Greta place to be. Great people to work with. Never a dull moment. The opportunity to grow exist. Need to show that you are interested though. Overall good place
Review
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  MDJune 11, 2018
EXOS is a good company to work for if you are fresh out of college, but there really isn't any room for worth within the company if you are working in their corporate fitness environment and the pay is very low for someone who has a bachelor degree.
it was great
Reception Manager / Lead Concierge at IMAXShift (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
when I was full time for it's start up company with IMAXShift. the pto and benefits were awesome for someone thats single. I had a great time and the people t the main site were very helpful.
Productive fast paste work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INApril 12, 2018
For the most part the EXOS work environment is very fast pace and wants work to be done with effort although it could be hard but the ending result is always worth it.
Job was okay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2018
They definitely do not give you enough hours. The communication skills here are very poor between management and the rest of us. I would recommend this job if you are in college and just need a part-time job.
Exciting place to work
Senior Fitness Specialist and Onboarding Coach (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 31, 2018
EXOS is an exciting place because of it's cutting edge, innovative philosophy on exercise and training. It has a good culture and is much more organized than organizations I've worked for in the past.
Many hoops to jump through
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 28, 2018
EXOS is just getting into the corporate wellness world and as such is learning as they go with management styles and ways to successfully satisfy the clients needs. There is an astonishing lack of communication between account managers and their accounts and sadly they often do not examine day to day operations, instead are constantly focused on big picture and long term. Often forgetting the little things.
Educational and Supportive
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2018
EXOS supplies educational tools and management support that permeates from the top to bottom. They believe in upgrading lives and that notion is extended to employees as well. The management team constantly supports their team members and encourages growth at every turn. For those passionate about performance and health/wellness, EXOS is a great company!
It's either the manager's way or the highway
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Being contracted by another corporate company and employed by EXOS, with a manager who has their own beliefs, makes it all hard to decipher what is correct to do ultimately. It feels like I'm in grade school and everyone gets quiet when the teacher walks by. How can you call everyone a team when you exclude yourself as if you're some higher power?? And then hide in your office on the phone your whole shift, while we run the show for members?
Excellent company
Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2018
Awesome company to work for and with in the fitness industry. I have spent cover 5 years working with these great people and amazing company. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in corporate fitness.
Great environment and company emphasizes employee growth and advancement
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2018
EXOS really wants to educate their employees and have them continue to be the best health & wellness team members in the industry. They provide numerous opportunities for continuing education and even give an annual stipend for career enrichment.
They have an average health insurance policy with dental and vision options, as well as a fairly subpar 401k opportunity.
EXOS is a great place to work and each site can be vastly different compared to another site. Overall each work site in generally small for the health & wellness professionals with limited opportunities for advancement, if you stick around and work hard you should be rewarded but you don't know how long that could take.
I would definitely recommend EXOS to anyone who asked.
Industry Leaders
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 5, 2018
Difficult job but rewarding in several areas. The amount of work hours required for a manager at a start up location will wear on you. Must establish boundaries from the start.
Good company bad managers
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 13, 2017
Love the stuff that EXOS does. Most of the people that I worked with were great. However, I left because EXOS management wanted me to commit fraud against the client and I would not do that. there was a lot of back stabbing and mixed messages that management was giving. However, I would say that its probably only at the site that I worked at and specifically the manager that I worked for. Would I go back yes but not for that manager..
Cons
Ethics, back stabbing
It was fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Howe, INNovember 29, 2017
I learn a lot from exos it was fun it was hard sometimes because of the ma management get moving around a lot but i work there for a year it was ok it was fair
Give it a chance
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Howe, INNovember 25, 2017
This is a really good place to work, i no longer work there because I couldn’t handle doing 12 hr days, I loved going to work until I had 2 days of 12s and it ruined everything For me with working there, the management is different all the time, everyone has there good and bad days. I can only blame myself on losing the best job I’ve had in a long while but I would certainly recommend this place to whoever was looking and I have tried to let people know about the place
Pros
Paid holidays, they do serve you holiday meals, decent benefits
Cons
Lots of standing, fast paced, trainers are very iffy on the training, cell phones are always being used
Fun place to work, with knowledgable people to help you grow as a coach and person.
Performance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 4, 2017
Working at EXOS was a great experience, one where you got to work on your craft everyday along with growing as a person and a coach. The team was very helpful in the fact of growth and communication. Would recommend taking an internship here and if you do well in that and bust your tail you hopefully get rewarded with a part time job that grows into a full time job.
Lack of advancement in regional area
Health and Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 27, 2017
Great for a entry level in the profession but overall lack of advancement. Comes with decent benefits but high cost of health care. Can't afford someone of the benefits
Pros
Discounts, dental and vision insurance
Cons
High cost of healthcare, wage compensation
Non-challenging work
Corporate Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
I worked for EXOS when they were in trial/start-up mode for a new corporate wellness program. The managers in charge of the program were new in their positions and didn't know how to manage a person with more experience than they had. They also give you a ton of training that you can truly utilize about 20% of because of the environment and people that you are working with. I truly believe that EXOS is a great company to work for if you are looking to brush up on training skills or knowledge or just beginning your career as a personal trainer or strength coach. If you have any other type of experience and your philosophy doesn't mesh with EXOS then you will have a difficult time working for them.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MISeptember 12, 2017
Exos was my first factory job! I enjoyed working there for the most part there was always room for improvement tho. It's fast paced there management at the time was poor to many bosses and not enough communication. If I could go back there I definitely would.
Pros
Always have opportunity for ocertime.
Cons
The drive to Howe now and they need to let people work 1st as people do have young children