Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very fast paced company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 6, 2018
I have worked in a couple of different roles and no matter where I landed, the pace at Expedia is very fast. Some teams are better at it than others. The culture is mostly collaborative and people typically try to do the right thing.
Exciting work environment
Human Resources Business Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 26, 2018
Exciting work environment!
CEO is intimately involved in employees' review of leadership.
No micro-managing.
Company is in high growth mode.
Never felt there was class-distinction between employees and contractors.
Pros
Major company put Bellevue WA on the map.
Cons
Moving headquarters to Seattle
Hotel owners
Lodging Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Very technical & financially based position. You are assisting with financial questions and internet training for the hotel partners, such as remittance advices and invoices.
Pros
hours & location
Cons
Temp position
For a customer service call center, not bad
Cruise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2018
Expedia in Las Vegas is your usual call center, but it’s a decent place if you’re into travel or are wanting a good place to learn about it. Pay isn’t wonderful, but the benefits are really good. There’s two main departments, Cruise and Tier 3 Customer Service. Cruise is a sales atmosphere, base wage is low, can earn commission but it’s gotten harder and harder to do so. Sometimes unrealistic expectations. Be forewarned, you must be able to convert phone calls into sales at a given level or you’re not going to make anything. Your commission also depends on your call reviews. It’s a complicated program. Tier 3 Customer Service is a better way to go if you’re not sales minded, it’s a flat pay rate. Be prepared to deal with many escalations in a day, and have to think for yourself to find solutions. In both departments, the tools used are poorly designed and often aren’t working properly. You must have patience. There’s fun things going on in the center pretty often (BBQs, Contests, etc) and I feel like the culture is getting better.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Coworkers, Fun Industry
Cons
Pay Isn’t Great, Lack Of Potential, Advancement, Getting Work Done Can Be Tedious Due To Poor Systems
Could be so much better if only...
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 25, 2018
...they practiced Scrum all the way through.

The company moves at glacial speed with lots of waste. I spend months in PowerPoint, reworking the same deck and business case. I wanted to make a difference for our customers, and day after day, month after month, I leave work without having touched any customers.
Overall a great corporate environment. Inexperienced and poor management
Technical (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed the corporate culture at Expedia, but new and inexperienced leadership was a constant problem, poor vision, lack of direction, and immature / insecure.
Pros
Corporate Culture
Cons
Poor Management
The hardest part of job
Merchant Reconciliation Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 24, 2018
The hardest part of expedia was knowing that I was able to get a job in my college degree and other people would just because they know the manager. I would love to work at expedia.
Be prepared this is an escalation call center
Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2018
This is an escalation call center 95percent of the time the customers you get are angry very stressful your job is to find resolution to the issue and there are just to many one offs to name or describe the co worker culture was very helpful as everyone tries to help everyone else out. for the amount of tools you have to use and just the nature of the calls they should pay more but don't 15hr to start and raises are a quarter a year if your lucky you can move to other departments pay stays the same job may change with less or no phone time depending on department benefits are outstanding also get travel benefits vouchers from the company . if you can handle the stress and learn the dependent systems GDS (airline global distribution system) and other tool shortcomings hardest part of job is the stress and de-escalating the customer and when there is no resolution and only company policy best part was the people and my manager was great to work with. if your applying here go in with your eyes open. and don't take the calls personally
Pros
free sodas/ pizza parties /collabrative coworkers
Cons
outsourced all other customer service / job very stressful
Perkss!!
Concierge/ Ticket Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2018
The best part of working for Expedia Local Expert is the perks. Our partners makes our jobs worth while. Being able to enjoy all that Orlando has to offer is amazing.
Expedia, a fantastic place to work.
Operations Analyst – GC3 (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 15, 2018
Benefits, work-life balance. Competitive pay, smart co-workers, really there is nothing not to like about this company. Expedia supports your family, encourages you to travel and give you a budget to do so every year. I love this place.
Work Life Balance
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 9, 2018
I loved the work environment, very chilled and laid back. The people are wonderful to work with, and super friendly, no big egos. Get place to work for all ages.
Not the Greatest
Corporate Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2018
Depends on what level you are working at. Customers are already very irritated when they reach your level of communication and can be very abusive. That makes it an unpleasant working situation. The turnover is constant and it gives cause to wonder what is wrong there. Not enough pay for the work you do.
Pros
overall benefits
Cons
horrible customers
Average place to work
QA/Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 29, 2017
I worked there from 2003 - 2010. They had better than average benefits, and compensation was average. Culture was good enough, and work/life balance was fine. Management consisted of a small 'in-crowd' who had all of the job security. Anyone else was eligible to be let go at any time. My experience was that unless you could bring specific travel industry technical knowledge to the table - they would only keep you for so long. Once your salary demands hit a certain level - they would fire you. I saw this happen over and over to senior people. I'm not sure what they are like now.
Pros
Work/Life balance; benefits
Cons
Job Security;
Fun work environment with lots of opportunity to learn new technology
Senior Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2017
I worked in the SF office. We had flexible timings/schedules

I had the opportunity to explore my interests in different technologies.

The workplace culture was a typical Silicon Valley office (foozball, beer, etc).
Pros
Good walkability
Cons
Parking was difficult in the city
Poor management
Database Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2017
Expedia provides an excellent benefits package and a good work/life balance. Not all managers are created equal. I, unfortunately, have worked with a manager that lacks the willingness to put in the time for training and appropriate guidance for influencing the successful output of work.
Pros
benefits, work/life balance, pay
Cons
little to no training, poor management
Lodging Financial Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 14, 2017
Great place to work. If I could change one thing it would be the excessive changes. Changes are needed to stay in the game but change just to change is stressful on employees and ineffective.
Pros
travel compensation
Cons
Extreme on timing breaks and lunches
Fun place to work
Sr. Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 13, 2017
Exciting Projects and Collaborative workspace.

Great travel benefits and decent benefit options.

Poor Management unfortunately. Not much career advancement options.
okay
Tier 3 Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2017
I do not have a review because I would not rather say. It was okay in the fact that the benefits were good but I do think that for the amount of work we were underpaid.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 10, 2017
to tight of a schedule...poor hours... barely time to use the bathroom.... quite boring....high pressure sales bblah blah blah blah blah.........................................................
Expedia was one of the best places I've had to joy of working at
Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 1, 2017
My time at Expedia was one of the best I had at a large corporation. It's a company where you feel that they actually care about their employees' lives outside of the office. They were very understanding to your needs and were always trying their best to make sure you were comfortable. The scheduling was flexible, so I was allowed to work early and leave early, 7am-3pm. I will miss working here but my contract has come to an end.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Work from home option, Personal laptop and desk
Cons
Not enough conversions to FTE, open floor plan

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

65out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Expedia, Inc..