Expedia Group Employee Reviews

Nanomanagement
Customer Service Support (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 22, 2019
Beyond micromanagement. People are required to manager their time down to the second during each work day. However, management does not provide /demand the same out of the software we are required to work with to manage that very time.
Good benefits and pay, but at the cost of your happiness
Fraud Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 5, 2019
The management was terrible. They waste your time playing games or just talking during meetings versus providing productive information. When trying to ask for projects extra work or a challenge, they never have any. Job is too easy without challenges and it’s the same thing in and out daily. Job operates in the grey area and you are not backed or supported in your job decisions, even when following training guidelines. It’s great at first, but not worth it.
Pros
Excellent Pay & Benefits
Cons
Terrible Management, Lacking Opportunities for promotion
Fun work culture that focuses on work/life balance
SR. RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 4, 2019
Working at Expedia for the past five years has been very rewarding. I have grown so much in this role. I work with a great team and we have a work hard, play hard motto. Since being at Expedia I have traveled more than I have ever before and this is possible with the generous PTO we get and the travel discounts as employees.
Pros
Flexible hours, travel discounts
Cons
No free food, no free parking, limited onsite amentities
LODGING SUPPORT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 2, 2019
The people and culture is very welcoming and even though I was under contract with another company, they made feel like I belonged. The job was very relaxed and the management made me feel like I wanted to succeed.
Pros
Free soda
Take this
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 28, 2018
Proactively manage and communicate project status, issues & risks to management.
• Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholders needs and requirements continuously in view. Extreme focus on customer delight
• Provide Production support for releases and support in production release activities.
• Ensure and monitor Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities for the team, Monitor and resolve EST and UAT defects on time.
Not best for Interns
Internal Auditor Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 27, 2018
I interned at Expedia. While the work was interesting, management was very strict and not friendly. Workplace culture is awesome, motivating but relaxing.
Working at Expedia
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 27, 2018
I worked in the Network Security area, and found it very hard to get engaged with the individuals that had been there for a long period of time. The envirorment was closed to new people. Hard to do the job with such little trust.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
closed environment
Excellent Company
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaDecember 25, 2018
Management was great, Very positive place to work
Most every body was cool to work with.
The job was in Las Vegas, located in a good area.
i would go back to work again because it was a fun
7 everybody got along with each other
i sold Show tickets, tours & sporting Events
& i had fun at it,, The job was located in Las Vegas @
Premium Outlets and always busy, we answered phones
It was like a call center.... We had a goal od so many calls per day and we also much sell so much but was a team work daily
Pros
Everybody was nice
Cons
Good benefits, mediocre corporate culture.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 15, 2018
Can be a good place to work depending on your role and reporting structure. Management can seem archaic and backward at times, but there are some great people there.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Excellent place to work with many career opportunities
Customer Service Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 14, 2018
This was the most reputable place that I have ever worked. There are multiple opportunities for advancement. The company local management strive to make the work environment a great place to be. Ample on going training is continually being provided. The benefit package is superior.
Pros
Excellent work environment. Great Leadership, Fun place to work
Cons
None from my point of view during my 9 year tenure.
Fun workplace with great work life balance
Software Developer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 12, 2018
Worked as an high school apprentice and learned a lot from my mentors. We also had parties and got free swag.
TLDR: Their mentorship program was great!
Pros
friendly environment, free snacks
Challenging with some benefits
Social Media Moderator/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2018
Expedia is a great company in general and if you work directly for Expedia Inc., they offer some awesome benefits. The escalations department in Nevada is challenging due to a job culture that unfortunately messy in mired in office politics that should not affect how management treats others and handles disciplinary actions. The benefits package is really great and someone who has a goal in mind and can balance the work life in that atmosphere can succeed.
Great company and great benefits
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 7, 2018
Expedia has great travel benefits along with standard medical, etc. that make it a great place to work and play. Worked with excellent people and appreciated the time I was there.
Good People, Good Company
SR DIRECTOR SOFTWARE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 7, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Expedia; my reason for leaving was personal and not related to job satisfaction whatsoever. The company has considerable untapped potential; leaders are aware. They do tend to take a more conservative approach to growth; I would have liked to see more risk taking, but it does seem to be working for them. I would not hesitate to recommend Expedia as a great place to work for my friends.
Pros
People, learning, strong we services
Cons
Travel Agent and Custjomer Service.
Travel Agent - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2018
I enjoyed learning the travel ind. Set air fare, cruise, hotels. This was a fast paced job. I enjoyed working for them. Also I handled any problem the customer might have had. The company had to cut down the amount of employees.
Pros
Was able to make dreams come true.
Cons
The cut back of employees
Competitive environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 6, 2018
The thing that stands out to me about Expedia was the culture, and how competitive it was. People were not helpful to each other, and they often criticized each other just for entertainment.
Excellent Benefits
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2018
It was a good company to work for. Excellent benefits. Health,Vision and Dental. The company atmosphere was good as well. Very willing to help. Just a lot of technology issues.
Used to be a great place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 27, 2018
Job security has become a concern. To much restructuring and not enough talent retention. Need to focus more on the boot level folks in the trenches.
Excellent Training and professional development
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 26, 2018
I had the opportunity to learn and train with some seasoned engineers. Their depth of knowledge allowed me to learn and grow as a Senior Engineer into a Principal Engineer.
Nice breakroom and the coworkers are good.
LODGING PARTNER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2018
Fun place, good inviroment.
The only thing, you work under stress and against the clock.
The system does not colaborate to flow and facilitade your work.
Pros
Happy hours and parties
Cons
Short breaks, no Holidays, everything is disccounting from your pto

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight