Expedia Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its a mess.
CS-Software Dev Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 20, 2018
Too many cooks making too many things with no standards so getting systems to talk to each other is a nightmare. Nobody knew what the source of truth for data would be or could decide on a set data type for their projects. One project will get started only to be killed because you find out that another team using the same table or form will be unable to operate because their source of truth from data in the table is different from the source of truth for the other five teams that also turn out to be using the table.
fun place to work
Cruise Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
a typical work day at Expedia consisted of answering inbound sales and customer service calls. taking payments, selling cruses and answering cruise related questions.
Pros
really fun job
Bien
Travel Services (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
Es un lugar bueno para trabajar, pero un consejo: debes estar muy al tanto de tus responsabilidades
Pleasant place to work
local Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working here greatly. The employees and management are great. The benefits are limitless and pay is just right. I would work here again if I ever moved back!
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Like no other job I've ever had
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
Came to Expedia a bit later in my career and it's by far the best place I've ever worked. Great environment and great people. Definitely one of those "work hard, play hard" places.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
Job responsibilities change fast and change often
Fun Workplace
LPA III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
Over all enjoy working at Expedia.

People are friendly and helpful, Office is relaxed and energetic , the work is always changing so you must keep up with updates
Depends
lodging support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 18, 2018
Expedia is a good place to work...but it really depends on what department you're in & who your manager is. It has excellent benefits. Management at the highest level is good...however...at the lower levels it's kind of a lord of the flies situation
benefits
Cons
middle management
Amazing
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2018
I really loved working for Expedia. They are a great company, amazing benefits. If I didn't want to change my career goals back when I was younger I would have stayed with them
Typical Day At Work
Advertising Senior Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 14, 2018
Great working culture. Expedia cares for its emplyees. The salaray could improve, some positions are under-paid compared to others but the working culture is great.
N/a
Lodging Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
I don't have a great amount of positive feedback, based on the interaction of some management, and environment at Expedia.I did however learn some accounting skills with the company.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Poor management
Good First Full-Time Job Experience
Cruise Resolution Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2018
Working at Expedia is actually quite nice. Sure, the work isn't always fulfilling, but the coworkers are very nice and coming into work everyday doesn't always feel like a chore. The biggest issue I have is when it comes to our compensation, especially with pay. You'd think a multi-billion dollar travel company would be able to pay their workers a living wage so that I wouldn't have to live with my parents any longer at the age of 21 but I am unable to afford both my car payments and rent if I tried to move out. The benefits when it comes to vacation time is excellent but not really worth it if you don't have the money to take vacations!! The culture is very accepting and management does interact with their employees in a cordial manner but it doesn't entice me to stay. I need a place that pays me enough to comfortably afford car payments, rent, and with enough left over to take a vacation once or twice a year.
Pros
Vacation time, vacation benefits
Cons
Pay, ability to move up in the company
Good Company
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 8, 2018
Flexible hours (shift bids) based on performance. Decent base salary. Not really enough to live on. High stress to meet sales goals. Good training and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to meet sales goals for bonuses
overall work
Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2018
This is a okay job stressful takes a lot of strength to deal with this job you deal with complaints that you deal with pretty much every call you must be prepared to have a resolution and to be yelled at . The people you work with are nice, free drinks, very lenient dress code.
Great workplace but salary and benefits are not competive
Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 25, 2018
Great workplace culture but workload can be overwhelming. Company encourages employees to pursue professional development. Most employees are great team players and work partners.
Pros
Vibrant work place culture
Cons
Work life balance can be challenging due to overwhelming work load
To many meetings to think straight
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
Typical work day had over 5 meetings
High turnover on team
Small fish in a big pond
No resourcing or support to get job done
Poor management training
Great flexibility
Amazing benefits
Beautiful office
Nice colleagues
Pros
great office
Cons
too many meetings, little resourcing
Work/Life Balance is exceptional
Global Forecast & Plan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 15, 2018
I really enjoyed my 3 years here and the environment of autonomy and accountability. I had a lot of success in my time there, but I didn't feel as though I was overworked. My department was relaxed, yet effective; we were not mired in endless meetings or prolonged decision-making protocols. If an idea was exciting and made sense, management really encouraged us to seek it out. There aren't many ways to be creative as an analyst, but Expedia's leadership celebrated our ideas, rather than attempting to subdue them.
fast paced
Technical Product Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 10, 2018
I loved the products I worked on while working in Expedia. However the pay and the benefit are not very good and at the same time the work / life balance is completed unbalanced. I do love the fast pace very much. I think you learn fastest when it's fast paced. Although Expedia's performance in recent years did not meet my expectation, if you want to learn certain skills, you can still consider Expedia to be a place to work for a year or two.
Pros
fast paced, exciting
Cons
low pay very low
Fair company to work with
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2018
Typical day is working with corporate clients who majority of the time have problems with their account rather than booking travel. Also there's limited help from management.
Great work life balance
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 30, 2018
I was recently at Expedia on a contract and had wonderful time while there. Culture, work life balance, and other perks made this a great place to work. I would recommend to anyone looking for a new challenge.
the absolute best place to work if u live in Springfield
Lodging support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 30, 2018
great place to work and great people to work with....laid-back shift.....the people are what makes everyday a plus to get up and get ready for work....proud to say i work at Expedia