Expedited Freight Systems Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Stay far away
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 2, 2018
Managment is poor they dont have any respect for employees treat you like a slave, and disrespect you then expect u to bend over for them. Dock workers beware..
Pros
Cons
Efs is its on con the hole show
Poor mgt. No driver appreciation.
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 1, 2018
Loading of trailers in Kenosha is atrocious. Spills, damaged unsecured. Drivers at terminal must unload trailers and clean up the mess. Company has heat in the terminal warehouse but is too cheap to turn it on. It's just a bush league operation.
Pros
Local.
Cons
Time off is hard to get. Mgt. Lies and insurance sucks.
Great place!!
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 20, 2017
For line haul it is pretty simple. You usually get a local stop to pick up or deliver but it’s never that many. You may have 5 stops in a 10 hour shift but no more. Great equipment, great people, and pretty laid back (laid back as in you can Actually get along with everyone). They are a company that is definitely embracing technology to help in daily activities. Electronic logs, gps, and tablets for pick up/ deliveries.
Pros
The pay, weekends off (but my offer to work), equipment, and great people.
Cons
The only issue I have is that line haul has no set schedule.
Very poor
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 14, 2017
They suck not a good place to work they work you like crazy... when you have a problem on a delivery dispatch never answer the phone..they never take priority on their drivers. You can't ever find pallet jacks to work this place needs new owner new managment
Official response from Expedited Freight Systems
December 19, 2017

Expedited Freight Systems has been in business nearly 40 years. We pride ourselves on service and safety--this success is largely due to our professional drivers. We value our drivers and constantly strive to provide them with the tools and support they need.

I've stuck around for years. Perfect it's not, but what job is.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
The pay is decent (in the 20s with quarterly bonuses), the equipment is pretty good too. The tractors are leased so they're changed out it seems about every 600k or so. The trailers are also mostly good.
The hours are long, but show me a trucking company that doesn't routinely work you 10-12 hours a day! At least I'm in my bed every day and on the weekends.
They're constantly hurting for drivers which is (IMHO) a mixture of the usual "never happy driver" (you know the ones) and just plain bad drivers. But the good news is, as long as I don't fall into one of those categories, I know I've got a job! Haha
Pros
Home every day
Cons
Hours, weekend work
not freindly very high turn over right, horrible management
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 15, 2017
you never know what to expect with EFS in the course of the day there always looking for fault and very cliquish. not friendly management yell and don't list there definitely favoritism your always on pins and needles that puts you in a uncompromising position. this is why I'm seeking employment else where
Good and bad
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here.
Treated good by management, interacted with other employees very well.
Pay could have been better, no overtime pay,
had a hard time getting benefits
I would not recommend this job to anyone! High driver turn around and pathetic benefits.
LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 30, 2016
This was without a doubt the worst job I have ever had. No overtime pay regardless if you work weekends or seventy hours in a week. Add to that bi-weekly pay and a dispatcher who tries to force you to violate federal laws and writes you up for things you can't control round out this bottom of the barrel company.
Pros
Honestly nothing.
Cons
Everything.
High driver turn over
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 25, 2016
Need to schedule all time off 2 weeks in advance .dont get sick without a two week notice..you will be with out a job...treat people poorly...if dispatch gets made at you you days sre numbered
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Everuthing else
smaller ltl
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 19, 2016
All dispatching is done from out of state. Upper management sees drivers as a problem when you contact them. they lease most of the tractors so that's a good thing.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
management
Run Away ..
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 5, 2016
High driver turn over ... Dispatchers will treat you like a dog... Lots of hours.. never enough for management ..Ask for the name of the management staff that have left in the past year.. Everyone that could find a job has left the company....
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Insurance bad., will treat you poorly
Fast paste work place
Terminal Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 7, 2015
Very high past work place. You have to be able to do ten things at one time. Have to know how to deal with truck drivers. This job is not for the weak people.
Fast paced, with a very dedicated crew and staff..
director of safety and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 15, 2015
: Expedited Freight Systems, Inc. a premiere provider of LTL transportation and airfreight services with 6 locations, covering 9 states with 127 employees, which include 85 drivers, 28 dockmen, 6 supervisors, and 1 repair facility.
Pros
Great enviroment to work in...
Cons
Small company that needs to grow...
Runnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  South Bend, InSeptember 21, 2015
Don't work here save your self not a place you wanna be if you like too work you sit home or get laid of due to the lack of freight
Pros
paid by the hour and truck driver there are good people
Cons
Poor Management
Review of EFS
Dock worker (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 2, 2015
The job is not hard, but can be a little stressful at times. Not many chances for advancement and hours are not always 8. I do get along with my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
healthcare
fast paced
Biller (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 18, 2015
learned billing and office management. Busy and fast paced work place. A lot of multitasking involved. Co-workers were great
package/material handler
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 4, 2015
download cargo jets then reload and send the planes back out
i learned how to use several other equipment
managers were good and coworkers were good people
the weather being outdoors year round was about the hardest part of job the most enjoyable part was my coworkers
Worst company I ever worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, wiSeptember 10, 2014
They will work you 70 hours a week, keep you out on the road in a foot of snow, and they don't pay overtime. Benefits are a joke. Run away from this place.
Pros
Short days are in short supply
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 19, 2014
EFS expected drivers to push the 14 hour day to the extreme. Start times varied a lot with each day being an adventure in locations and distance. The equipment is sub-standard and a potential CSA nightmare if you get pulled over. Co-workers are the positive part of the company. The drivers are friendly and willing to help any time you ask. The best part of the job was payday. Hardest part is trying to find equipment to help do the job (pallet jacks, two-wheelers, etc.).
Pros
co-workers
Cons
substandard trucks and lack of good equipment.
Enjoyable co-workers
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 16, 2012
Loaded own trucks after going over delivery bills. Knew for sure had everything and was loaded in correct order for delivery.
After six months, local terminal manager was let go and not replaced. We had to work through a manager in Kenosha via 800 number.
Problem was, he didn't always have all the information he needed to work with us.
Day we were shut down, he new nothing of it, was very upset when he found out, and gave us his home phone number to use as a reference on job applications.
Pros
everything about the job.
Cons
no advanced notice of terminal closing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedited Freight Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6