Expedited Freight Systems logo

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Fast paced

It's a decent place to work at. Time flies due to constantly moving. The pay could be better than it is, especially for the work that is expected. Great benefits.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Pay

Not too bad if you like to go fast.

Not to much good to say. Normal go fast ltl company. Not enough employees. Equipment junk. Not enough money. No overtime. The management could care less about you. Just get the work done. Then they come to you at the last minute and say the terminal is closing.

Pros

Got left alone

Cons

No overtime

Drives employees with unreal expectations

No overtime paid, 60 to 70 hrs at straight time. Never satisfied with performance, always expect beyond limits of driver, workload and DOT reqgilations

Pros

Good drivers to work with

Cons

Management unrealistic expectations and compensation not matching (I.e. no overtime paid after 40)

Steady & Dirty work.

Hot in the summer, freezing cold in the winter. The building is constantly dirty / dusty / leaking and the Dock equipment is not maintained regularly.

Pros

Paid time off, Steady work schedule, small staff base.

Cons

Lack of Incentives

Great place to work.

I loved working there. I had just moved from out of town and they gave me a chance. I would still be there if I didn't have to relocate to my home state home

Pros

Always work to do, great coworkers and boss.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

They always help me out with family benefits

They work to make sure I was happy with the insurance. They worked with you get time off for family. They let me have a week off with no pay when my son was born

Tell you whatever to get you there

Keep your eyes on them the whole time if you go. Watch your checks they will cheat u. Trucks are very slow so don't think you can make good miles with time to spare

Stay away

Upper management does not care about workers at all, no raises, no bonuses, they only care about themselves.They will not try to help the employees, they hire Supervisors that have no knowledge of what they are doing or how to do it. They will not fix the Forklifts, half of them need tires or don't have working lights on them,

It's not the worst job

Its not the worst job in the industry they finally have a dispatcher that knows his stuff. I enjoyed working there in the past, somethings changed and I personally haven't enjoyed my time there. Its what you make of the job.

Awful terribleness

Please dont work here. They will cause family issues; due to 12-14 hour days with a departure time average of 830 am.. not even a single working palet jack to use. No overtime whatsoever- if you get a job that pays 16 an hour you will make more working the same EXACT hours as here because you NEED to work at least 55 hours and no time and a half. Would be totally worth it if they had electric Jack's or even working Jack's, you knew what time you were coming home, and if their wasnt a different schedule every week. Definitely a company that would rather pretend to care and blow smoke up your a** than actually fix any real problems. Only work here if you dont mind a job environment where the docks literally are so undercard for that the entire facility is sunk 12 inches into the ground.

Solid company

Good company good people Drivers engaged Technology is lacking Equipment is good Leadership is solid Sales is an opportunity to improve Facilities are in decent shape

Poor driving job

No work life balance. Never know when you're coming home. Poor equipment, poor shop. Not even working palet Jack's for drivers. No overtime pay but need to work 60 hours a week. Feel like a number not an employee. No one seems happy.

Just a job

Most people who come there just use this job as a stepping stone for other jobs have been a whole lot better. Lot of drama with your co-workers everybody always stabbing everybody in the back to try to get ahead.

Good job

It's a great job, just would like to be paid weekly not biweekly, it's the easiest job I've ever had, just drive and drop and hook, no messing with pickups or costumers, perfect

Come and grow with us.

a typical work day consist of making sure our freight is unloaded properly and loaded properly and make sure our customers receive there freight on a timely fashion. I've learned so much here at Expedited Freight Systems, how to bill, use CLII, management is always helpful into guiding you to do the job correctly. the culture is the best part you can work around a lot of individual and everyone is helpful to there co-worker to get the job done right. I truly feel the hardest part about this job is just the weather other than that this job is easy to learn. the best part of Expedited is you have room to grow and achieve more important roll but you have to put in the time and effort and commitment to grow and Expedited will not look pass those commitments

Great Place to Work

Overall EFS is a great place to work. It has afforded me to take care of my family, be home to see them everyday, and progress with my career. I would recommend to others as a place of employment.

Room for Growth

A typical day for me is busy. I always have a list of tasks to complete on a daily basis. I like to keep busy and it also helps the time go by pretty quickly. I have learned many things since becoming an employee here. The most important things I feel that I have learned are how to effectively communicate with different personalities. I have also learned how to manage tasks, set realistic priorities and manage time. Lastly, I have learned to have a great deal of patience. Perfection is the goal, but mistakes are inevitable. It are those mistakes that you often learn from. The work culture could be better, The communication could be better. People could be more genuine. The hardest part of my job is validating correct information and then relaying that information to management, Management isn't necessarily found of being incorrect. They often deny any wrong doing and that makes it hard to work under certain people. The best part of my job is my constant work rate and the fact that I am not overwhelmed by work. Although I am often busy, it does not consume my life.

Overall this is a great place to work , great management team. One of the few driving jobs where you are home every night. If you are looking for extra the company has on call drivers for the weekend if freight needs moved.

Review

It gets busy sometimes, but everybody who works here is very nice and helpful. The pay could be a little better but I have no other complaints. Management is great.

Being nice

The company is fast paced in making sure that the freight is picked up and delivered. Being polite is must. Helping the customer makes things easier for everyone.

Terminal Manager

Great company to work for. Pay is fair. They care about their employees and want to see everyone succeed. Paid holidays. Benefits are fair BCBS. It is work and you will be required to work. That's why its called work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedited Freight Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Expedited Freight Systems