Expeditors Employee Reviews

Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fourchin, LAOctober 15, 2018
Great team atmosphere and a great team to collaborate with. Top notch managers and staff. Very knowledgeable in their fields of expertise. Great place to work and grow in your field.
Culturally Conservative
Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2018
Culture of customer service is very important and the people who work there take that seriously. Hires from within and trains for the job they need.The company has a no layoff policy which is good and bad. Good that job security is a priority but bad in that there are many layers of bureaucracy and management that inhibits decision making and progress.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
low pay at CHQ compared to similar tech companies
Good Starting Point
Software Development - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2018
Great place to start. After a couple years It is a much better option to go where you are paid for the skills you have when the job market in the area is so competitive.
Great to learn, not great for career
Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  AmsterdamSeptember 28, 2018
Great company to learn if you put in the effort, but management suppresses wages and is likely to cut benefits and wages. I worked in the European offices, never in the US, please keep this in mind.
Good Company
District Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2018
This is a great company if you want to learn about the freight forwarding industry and develop solid sales skills.

Their training programs are second to none, and management really does care about your success with the company.
Pros
Great stepping stone company, lots of good training, and plenty of room for growth.
Cons
Below average pay
Great Company to work
Distribution lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Company offers multiple training programs. to be able to develop you in multiple roles into the Company. the work environment is excelent I will fully recommend Expeditors
Nice People
Export Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Good job to start out. If you don't want to go into a management role you will "cap" out. No chance of a raise which does not help with inflation. People are nice
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
must take lunch
My opinion
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Great company structure, core values and the benefits are great as well. I honestly do not believe the culture they try to instill in their employees is followed by management. I disagree with their training methods and work-life balance for the salary offered. There are many employees working there that want out because they are unhappy, that says a lot to me. I have worked for numerous companies in the past but feel it is not a good fit for me. Although thankful for a first-hand look into logistics, I am glad for the opportunities that were afforded during my time there and the effort from my peers that seemed to really care; yet I feel with my skill and background, I would be happier elsewhere.
Benefits
Cons
Training, management support
Excellent Job
Customer Service BROKER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work. I was there for about 3 years and it was surrounded by a good people and the work is very stressful but good enough to make your day go by really fast and i enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
Insurance, environment and competitive pay
Cons
No Breaks and no good coffee areas
A Home Away From Home
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 10, 2018
Well established company that allows growth within the company to all associates. Work atmosphere promoted a good work atmosphere which allowed for successful and exception work within the distribution business.
Pros
good work environment
Culture is as old as the technology
Business Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2018
Everyday is a typical day: Must wear business professional and show up at the same time every day, attend meetings regularly, and leave at the same every day. It is a strong company culture which is not conducive to change. At the same time, direction changes often. The result is a lot of demoralizing throw-away work. No HR, so pay raises, promotions and bonuses are determined by feelings - who is liked - and not by facts. As a result, leadership ranks are stacked with MWM. Nothing blatantly misogynist, no one will call you toots and pat your butt, but if you are not one of the favored, expect to take notes, schedule meetings, and take unimportant project assignments.
Pros
Great healthcare and work life balance
Cons
Ineffective, low-accountability culture
Great Benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
The company really works hard to stay up to date with benefits package. Although this is great along with job security and advancement, long hours and a very demanding/ stressful industry can be very taxing.
Fun Work place
Import/Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2018
The work place is full of love and once you walk in you already feel like you’re part of the Expeditors family. They make sure you understand what you’re doing before theu throw something your way. Everyone around will make you feel like you belong and you can gain a lot of education only if you listen to what they’re trying to tell you.
Pros and Cons
Ocean Export Agent (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 27, 2018
Expeditors has been a great company for my first full-time job. They have a lot of benefits to offer and provide a manageable income. It feels a bit on the lower side but maybe its because I'm in a higher cost of living area. Great career if you have a family and need the benefits to support everyone in your household. Very traditional company though and not a lot of autonomy in what you are able to do.
They put a lot of responsibility on your plate
Export Manager -Operations (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2018
A typical day at work was going through your emails and then doing quotes for customers. You would then have to go on a sales call to acquire more accounts. Finally, going through your AP to make sure you general ledger accounts are in order.
Pros
Free family trips
Cons
A lot of competition
Poor
Customs Import Agent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2018
This company will stress you out and pay you half of what you should be paid. They refuse to hire the needed amount of employees and instead dump more and more work on your desk and still expect everything to get done in the same amount of time.
Pros
Cons
Stress
very good company to work at
Import and Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZAugust 17, 2018
Very good training/ preparation and work enviorment.
it was a good paying job
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 13, 2018
We were a co driver operation. We would pick up freight and deliver them anywhere in the U.S. It was a good job but you need two people to do the job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard to sleep cause truck was constantly moving.
Indirect
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2018
Not a place where your effort and dedication will immediately be met with just compensation. Very weak instruction during training followed by high expectations.
Pros
Clean environment.
Cons
Weak management
Managing multiple accounts
Customer Service Representative/Router (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 31, 2018
We shipped rockport shoes to multiple vendors. We would contact all freights to schedule pick ups. The customer service postion would require a lot of fast pace and making sure we respond to all email in a timely matter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expeditors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight