Expeditors Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great overall company, not so great locally (who you know)
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2018
Expeditors is a great company with great benefits, globally. You might be very happy depending on the branch management you work for, or be very disappointed.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Cons
No recognition or growth if not in the right click
Productive and a fun place to work at.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJuly 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working at expeditors, it was so fun I enjoyed all the people that are there. The manager is nice and outgoing. Their not strict. You just usually go to work do your job and do it all over again the next day. They had no rate that you had to make. But you cant goof off at the job because its not professional at your job you gotta take your job seriously. You get payed really well there.
Pros
no rate, good health care, decent pay
Cons
temporary work, wait 1 month for benefits
Enjoyable work area
Auditor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2018
As my first warehouse job I am happy to work for the copmany, theyre understanding and work diligently to make sure their employees are getting the job done on time and professionally for the clients.
Horrible environment to work in
IMPORT AGENT (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 11, 2018
The managers keep drama going and like to start and spread rumors. The trainers are just as confused as the new hires and they dont like for you to ask questions as a new hire.
Fast Paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 11, 2018
Ok if you need a job fast but you might work long hours shifts like 8-12 a day if its very busy. They have different departments there and you won't be able to choose which one you want.
Pros
Food truck
company has a good vision for its future.
Intern Brokerage Agent (Former Employee) –  Inwood, NYJuly 4, 2018
upward progress is staggered with a lack of upward mobility in selected hired position . location is awkward for such a prestige company. the management personal are very polite and rewarding. i liked working here, but the money was NOT worth it. It took 23 years for an employee to reach 25/hr in basic pay. now that not right.

what good is having a college education if this company will not compensate you accordingly...oh, yes, they help you get a Brokerage license.. to do what i never did find out.
benefits
Cons
growth progress in position
Well Trained Leadership
Business Development & Account Retention (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
I loved the company. Good Benefits, wish they paid more though salary. I would work there again, but I want to relocate. It's on top of its game. Technology can't compare to any other company in it's level. I like that they promote from internally. .
Pros
Promote fr w/in; training, tuition reimbursement, ok benefits
Cons
Dress Codes too strict
nothing improving
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJuly 2, 2018
bad management/ poor work environment/ not manageable/ housekeeping not good/stress full/ very bad communication/ unhealthy workspace/ unnecessary double work
Job Quality
Expeditors Customs Brokerage Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
The job was fair in benefits/ time off. Overall a great company, but the industry didn't fit my interests. Supervisors conducted employee reviews every half a year. Entry level jobs are usually keying entries, but open to advancement.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Manegment Practices
A real nightmare
Export Air Agent (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 25, 2018
This has been the worst work experience I ever had in my life!!!! In PR offices have the NO team work whatsoever. And a very unhealthy place to work in where doesn't let you prove your skills on the position instead of thousands of written tests and exams. Was a real waste of of my time and a stop in my professional life/career. There's no open, constant or professional supervision in the office.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Hostile, unprofessional enviroment. No team work, at all and almost no supervision available when needed.
n/a
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 20, 2018
i didnt like working here. the employer was not good at all. there are way better jobs out ther. i would not recommend working here to anyone. thats all i have to say.
Good work and good supervisor
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Roselle, ILMay 29, 2018
Work was good but I am a single mother and need a permanent, full time job. Because of childcare, I must work during the day time when my children can attend the YMCA and school
Pros
Day time hours
Cons
Not collaborative
challenging job that makes you think outside the box
Import Agent (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMay 24, 2018
on the job training courses are utilized to encourage the employees to learn more. Large volume and diversity of files enables the team to learn and grow more.
Transcon
Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2018
You are not paid what your worth. They spend more money on trying to fake being good to the employees when all anyone wants is better pay.
Vacation time is good
Very stagnant but good benefits
Ocean Export Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 18, 2018
You can easily get very comfortable in your position especially if you have no desire to move anywhere. There's really good benefits though such as 3 weeks vacation, 401k, discounted stocks for employees.
Great place to learn and gain experience.
OS&D CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Oilfield exporting company that has shown me cultural attributes such as confidence, integrity, and resolute. As a representative, I have also grown in character that exemplifies the model of the company, “you’ll be surprised how far we will go for you”.
worse company I've ever worked for
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMay 9, 2018
Worse management team ever. Managment promotes a bullying work environment. process are old and needs to be updated. The office environment is the most stressful part of the job.
Good Training
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMay 7, 2018
Good training program, culture is good, free lunches, parties,

The company has a good training program learned alot about freight forwarding industry.
Pros
Good training
Cons
no advancement part timers
lack or career advancement/low salary
Customs Brokerage Agent (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 28, 2018
Expeditors could be a great workplace as long as you belong to the "click". The salary paid to non management/supervisory positions is not competitive with the current market since they took away the free healthcare that they previously offered.
Productive but fun workplace with great management!
Import Broker Agent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAApril 20, 2018
Great Company heading in the right direction. I have no more to comment at the time as I was only there on a temporary assignment. I wish to comment no more than the guy playing ping pong at the time.