Expeditors

Expeditors Employee Reviews

United States660 reviews

logisticsfreightindustrybranchshipmentwarehouseseattledress

Fun to work

Very cool to work at expeditors however I was on ddeferent site then expeditors the reason number 1 to try to leave and be with direct companry no contracted

Productive and fun workplace

Fun workplace where you can learn about the logistics industry. Many opportunities offered if you look for them. Good benefits and reasonable vacation days.

Expeditors insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Good atmosphere

Solid company with good benefits. You will be challenged and work hard. Training is provided, the logistics industry is not a quick study. You can do well if you work hard, slackers beware.

Fast paced but can be fun

Your experience at EI greatly depends on if you have a good manager or not. If your manager supports you there is lots of flexibility and you can go far. But if not you are basically held back from moving up

Didn't Drink The Kool Aid

If you don't buy in to the brainwashing, you will always be an outside which is fine for me. Company is very cult like, from dress code to your "own thoughts". Pay well below the industry standard.

Decent workplace with nice coworkers

I worked here as a customs brokerage intern, and overall, the job wasn't bad. The tasks were relatively easy, save for a couple of things I would get stuck on. The work environment was decent. A lot of people were kind and chill to me, and no one was rude. They would tell me it was okay to reach out to them for help, which I really appreciate. I would encourage others to reach out to those who offer help, even if you feel awkward about it. I know I didn't, and I kind of regret it. One of the biggest problems I had working at this company was the early start time. It started at 6 AM I think, which was incredibly difficult for me to manage. I would attribute it to my own bad sleep schedule, so I can't exactly blame them. This job just wasn't for me. Additionally, there was a requirement to finish a certain amount of files per day, which I failed to meet. The subtle pressure made me stressed out. I know this was on me a little, but I feel like the company kind of expects quantity over quality. I would take so long on the files BECAUSE I was trying to catch any discrepancies. Although they were kind about it, them telling me to work a bit faster didn't help. Eventually, I had to sacrifice being careful for the sake of meeting the requirement (though I will say I learned a bit from this). I also took a long time because the easier/shorter files would be finished relatively quickly, leaving behind the larger ones that took way longer to complete. I had to skip those ones in favor of reaching the minimum file requirement as well. I feel like file count should be irrelevant -

Pros

nice work environment, free coffee

Cons

extremely early start time, cold office building, slight learning curve

Good company but...

Expeditors is a good company to work for if you are starting in IT. It is a fast paced environment and you can learn a lot if you are a fast learner. Compensation is so, so, everyone I believe are salaried, no overtime pay. That’s where they get you. Work projects are a lot and you end up working more than 40 hours a week no extra pay. The company dress code in my opinion a good thing, making a respectable environment. But the company need a real HR department to oversee management more often abusive style of managing people. If you are not friends with management, you are screwed.

It's An OK Job

This company is great if you want to get your foot in the door. The pay is low compared to other companies and the training is OK. It is also hard to get promoted. Employees do not get compensated for the workload they're given.

Great job for learning and security, but really boring

Great please to start a carrer, not so sure if I want to be here in a long run, job is pretty boring, I feel like my job does not have a real purpose, and money is not that good

Great place!

Great place! Love finding different ways to get involved and support the cause. Continue to push flexibility, this will help retain our people for the long term!

Anything but “employee first”

The company states that they are “employee focused” but I had to leave after four months because this was anything but true. The company is one of the lowest paying in the industry and they bully you into working 60-70 hour weeks; they’ll reprimand you out of nowhere for not doing so. They’ll promise you bonuses and then you never actually see them. Getting ahold of them after asking when you will receive payment is next to impossible. Go somewhere else. You’ll find something better. They are refusing a hybrid schedule and are paying nothing compared to other companies.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Management, overtime hours, and unobtainable expectations

Great benefits, bonuses

The pay could be better for the amount of job responsibilities, very quiet office environment, 8-5 hours, I would be nice to have more flexibility with scheduling hours like 6-3 or 7-4 as a regular schedule but we can work ot from home.

It was outdated work culture

Very odd rules were selectively enforced such as; not eating at your desk, no headphones, and extreme wardrobe enforcement. There was a lot of repetition in the day-to-day and one could easily master and mindlessly do it in 6-8 months. There was an extremely high expectation to increase your workload, with a minimal compensation increase to follow. Based on my branch there was not a lot of growth because there was not a lot of people, mainly because compensation was far below average even in the area. They justify by saying commission is released but it is only 2x a year and equates to 10% less than the average in the area. They also intend on having a less than flexible policy following the approach back to the office. Most of the time spent there, I felt as if I was playing along to appease management… and ultimately just didn’t belong in their corporate structure based on my qualifications, education and background. If you are looking for something in logistics with a solid background in the field, I would recommend looking into other Freight Forwarders. Many of the comparative salaries and benefits are far more justifiable. Just my experience. Other branches are known to differ, but culture plays a heavy part.

Bad management

The managers seem to value the money over the employee's health. The culture is very dead as everyone focus on their own thing. Kudos to my supervisor - he's amazing :)

Adaptation Needed

Benefits have slowly diminished over the past several years as senior leadership fails to adapt with current workplace trends and benefits that employees actually desire. As the company continues to grow and see success, even through turbulent times, the employees on the front lines battling everyday rarely benefit from the fruits of their labor, resulting in high turnover and increased work loads on those remaining. Their selling point of employees being their greatest asset continues to depreciate in value, as Job security has slowly become the last remaining benefit of the company which use to offer so much more.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Pay, work life balance, hybrid work environment, advancement

A great company to work for, if you're lucky

To start off, I'd like to say that the company culture is very inclusive and generally very supportive of it's employees, and someone ambitious and dedicated should be able to advance in their role or into similar roles (provided they are willing to move).The benefits are good, with a fair amount of vacation time and sick time, and excellent health insurance. However, it often felt like the benefits were used as an excuse not to pay well. This left me feeling undervalued as an employee as I struggled to make ends meet and wages stagnated while the company was successful and growing year after year.Management is a gamble. It often felt like most managers were watching their own backs before taking care of their employees and many teams suffered for it.Hard working employees will continually be given more and more work, until they are unable to keep up, and then management will complain that they are not doing enough. This combined with wage stagnation leads to the best performing employees suffering from burnout and eventually leaving to greener pastures.That said, there are good managers in the company, and if you get lucky, you will do well for yourself. This is a good company to work for if your goal is to learn as much as you can and move on.

Great Company

Great work life balance, great pay and even through hard times they do not lay people off! In my experience this is a great company that I would suggest to anyone who can do data entry.

Pros

alot of PTO, work life balance

Cons

not one

Good knowledgeable employees. Work load was very intense.

I was well treated and felt like I was a part of a great team. The work load was very exhausting however. Both physical labor and critical thinking are a must if you're going to survive at this company. That being said, the company was good about listening to the hurdles and other challenges we faced and did take a serious approach to help make our task more manageable.

Pros

Great staff, well respected, flexible with days off.

Cons

Both physically and mentally exhausting, Overtime was expected in order to complete whatever task was at hand.

Swing shift

The management on swing shift thinks they're a warehouse prophet. Up to 4,5 meetings a night, holding up production with no real purpose of the meetings. No direction with production. No organization. Every night is chaotic and unpredictable. Poor communication between management.

Cons

Good atmosphere, currently remote.

Pay was pretty low. Didn’t get a raise this year at all. Definitely a boys club. Only move up if you are a male or know someone. Good entry level position.

Wfh

Have been working from home for the last two years. So have not been in the office recently. Office life was good, and lunch room was new/clean. Everyone that works there is very nice.

Common questions about Expeditors

Answered by current and former employees at Expeditors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expeditors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Expeditors.
Powered byComparably