Experis Employee Reviews

Easy to work for
Contract work from home (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53212October 11, 2018
Experis was the payroll provider for QBE contract workers. I dealt with QBE management and personnel only daily. I answered agent calls and solved Underwriting problems. I reviewed and approved New business submissions, renewals and endorsements.
Pros
Paid well for a working from home position
Cons
No benefits
Solid company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 5, 2018
Good place to work but wish there was more room for advancement into management or lateral positions. Lots of change taking place in the company but I believe it's for the better. Friendly people to work with but I wish the upper level execs focused more attention on serving the people rather then metrics.
Dead end
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2018
Good way to get experience in sales and getting ti know the landscape and learning to organize yourself in outside sales. You can make a lot of money, But in my case, our recruiters sucked, which meant it was hard to make comission. Goals are unattainable. retention is terrible. No one lasts more than a year. Managers dont know what they're doing. Obvious is like a graveyard. Disorganization everywhere. Conference calls in the morning made me depressed. Everyone knew it was a sinking ship. Industry is super competitive/difficult. I'd stay away unless you enjoy pain.
Pros
Flexible/ meet a lot of cool people/businesses
Cons
No job security/unrealistic expectations/Depressing Culture
no job security
Active Directory Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I was hired for a long term contract and after only two months my entire team was let go without any warning (Not due to any fault of myself or team members). I have a wife and kids so this left me in a very difficult position and Experis did little to find me a new job.
Pros
excelent pay
Cons
no job security, little support
Fast and Furious with Major Stops in Between
Audit & Risk Assurance Professional/Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
There are few choices what clients you will work at, and more importantly when you will start at a client which may take weeks without pay as a consultant. The worst is that you have no idea when you next assignment will be. It can take weeks or months between assignments.

The upside is I was well paid with some benefits.
Remote work from Home
Microsoft Office 365 Concierge Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 7, 2018
This is like being at a startup. LOVE working from home. I love learning and I am continually learning in this position. But, there is very little training, you have to be willing to train yourself and keep up to date on all things Office 365 on your own time. You will have very little to no help with issues. I enjoyed being on my own and collaborating with customers to fix their issues. This is not for everyone.

I would consider this position to have NO benefits. Health Insurance is awful and expensive. 9 hours of PTO a month but that will include, sick time, vacation and holidays. Thankful for something. Upside you can take time off without pay. 401k you can contribute to, no match.
Pros
Work from home, not micro managed, full flexibility to answer customer questions
Cons
this is a contract that can end at anytime, there really are no benefits, small amount of paid time off
Enjoyable, but no security.
Test Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 6, 2018
The job was fun, and I met lots of good people I still call my friend. However, because they are contractors, they can only have so many people on their workforce at any given time. You never knew when you were going to be laid off if the client decided to cancel a project.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No stability
Productive workplace
Office 365 Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Nice work environment. Employees are friendly as well as the managers. Working there is satisfying. I'm learning a lot working there and gained more and more experience.
Wonderful Place to Work
Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 4, 2018
Fast pace work, support from team and management. Not micromanaged and allowed to work indepently. Fun place to work, where you truly feel management appreciates you and the work you do. Pays well and lots of perks!
vile place to work for !
Contractor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester altrinchamSeptember 4, 2018
when I first got this job they gave me the impression they liked me and I liked them too
2 weeks down the line when I was settled in I was suppose to be given training I didn't have any training what so ever just the manager pointed out a couple of things and expected me to know when ive never done this type of work before, not long after the 2 weeks of being there she pulled me into a meeting room and basically said 'I don't feel like this is the job for you, I haven't got time to help you you need to do it on your own' I was really shocked by this bearing in mind I had only been there for 2 weeks I said 'give me a chance ive only been here 2 weeks'.
so then another 2 weeks passed by and a horrible incident happened to me were I was in hospital I provided hospital notes, doctors notes and at the time she advised me its best to stay of so I had a week of due to me being unfit to work. I then came back in work the week after and my manager and another woman had a meeting with me they said they didn't believe me and they think I was telling lies I was disgusted wuth this as I provided hospital note not shortly after this I left the company my manager sent me a letter home saying I will get paid for the weeks notice and the days I had worked it came pay day and I hadant got paid a penny I rang them up and asked why and she just said you owe us money because you had sick days of since when was this a company rule? I am so upset with how I have got treated I am now taking this further because I want what I worked and am owed
Pros
nothing
Cons
you wont be liked unless your face fits
Great experience
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2018
I only worked with Experis for a short time but my experience with the team was positive. The team that I dealt with was great. Sherion was the best and came in to my job site to check in frequently.
Good support from office with project clients
Outside Professionakl (Accountant) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2018
This is an assignment/project based firm. During my 16 at Express years I was almost 100% engaged with interesting and diversified assignments. Flexibility is the key to success at Express.
Pros
Interesting assignments
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Great Envirnment , fun place to work. Always willingto train for new job roles
Recovery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 22, 2018
Gave me the opportunity to train and travel often. Always promoted a learning environment. Promoted a healthy work culture. Experis door was always open for employee questions and concerns
Pros
Great work hours, employee training always availble
Cons
Vacation time was not given
Great Place to Work
Microsoft Office 365 Concierge Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 19, 2018
The regional manager is the best ever. My direct manager is one of the best people I have ever worked for. The overall work environment is great but the job lacks career progression and little benefits.
Pros
Remote, Pto
Cons
No advancement, Little benefits
Typical Placement Firm
Contract Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2018
Was placed with a client. When contract ended, was thanked.. and told they would be in touch. Never heard back

No complaints. It was a straighforward business transaction. I was not an employee, I was a placement.
ok - til management change
CONSULTANT STAFF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2018
good working environment until management change - once management changed the whole work environment went down along with morale. I was working towards sales position and once management change nothing happened. I then received an opportunity with my current employer and moved on.
New Corporate Leadership Ruined Experis for Me
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2018
I will begin by saying that Experis' new direction was instigated by a person who was removed within a year of my leaving. I have heard that they have held on to some of his old ideas, but "reset" the majority of them. Experis restructured how it handled its enterprise customers, creating a high-volume and low-touch solution which ultimately proved to make it lose a fair amount of business in Seattle (though ironically it helped grow Manpower Group's stock price). I was able to work with this new structure for about a year. But, in the process, the quality of work went down dramatically, I walked away from an account due to inept leadership, and ultimately chose to leave.
Pros
Great leadership in Seattle, competitive pay
Cons
Too much corporate oversight, inefficient leaders
Solid company with excellent, dedicated team members
Sr. Placement Manager - CISCO US (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2018
Solid company, never an issue administratively for employees or consultants. Compensation and benefits are not market rate. Advancement is limited. Tech tools are sufficient.
The worst managment ever
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 9, 2018
At best it is and entry level job, don't expect much build your resume and get out.

No work ethic, spreadsheet management and they are not honest with the customer. After starting with them my pay was lowered along with everyone else then benefits where changed. Was promised more money to move to a different position in a different city and then told the additional money was not available after I had made preparations to move. Not trust worthy at all, extremely incompetent management. Better than no job but not much better. Don't expect much and you will be ok.

Company will not listen to offered improvements management will try to be your friend but throw you under the bus in a heart beat.

Typical Vendor based company all about the $$ and not the employees
Pros
Opportunities with in larger companies posible
Cons
Management management management
Good Company
Professional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
Employed as a full-time professional consultant. Contract lasted longer than I anticipated. Client was a good company. Experis treated me well as a contract employee.
Pros
Nice people, nice client
Cons
No paid time off, medical insurance premiums too high, no help in finding another contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Experis. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss