ExploreUSA RV Supercenter Employee Reviews

Untrustworthy
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  TXApril 13, 2019
This company pays well. That is the only good thing about it. It is mirco managing to the max! Also they will get rid of you without a warning. No job security.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job security, 401k, high insurance
Disgusting place to work
Porter (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXFebruary 23, 2019
The location in Borene is a Brothel, everyone sleeps with EVERYONE, ask any other ex employee. Someone needs to hire a detective or get the news on the place it's really out of hand and they do it everywhere , people also sleep in the rvs and crash things without consequence, I also remember the manager turning a blind eye to a parts person stealing from the back. Total mess.
Pros
Cons
The people
Great Team Atmosphere
Corporate Staff (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 5, 2018
The team atmosphere and culture is great! The work/Life balance is great for corporate staff and management really encourages for any time off to be spent relaxing and not worrying about work. The teams work together to provide a great customer experience.
Pros
Great People
Cons
High Medical Cost for Family insurance, No 401K matching
Horrible cut throat sales staff and spineless management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Bad/No training from management or staff. Get sales stole from you and management doesn't do anything about it because they are cut throat salespeople too who get a cut off of the deal. Tell the customers whatever it takes to get a sale even though it's a total lie. Expected to work 6 to 7 days a week and Lord forbid you don't show up on a Sunday even though technically you are told you get that day off. Most horrible sales experience you can have is working with these dirt bags.
Pros
Commissions
Surprised by reviews
service department (Current Employee) –  texasJune 15, 2018
Surprised by reviews, granted...I know it's usually disgruntled employees who leave reviews to bash a company. Overall, the company owners truly care about employees. They offer great benefits (like 23 days of time off per year after you've been there a year). The weekly health insurance cost for an employee is an awesome rate. They have a lot of policies and procedures but they work really well when followed! Senior managers are available anytime for support. They do catered team appreciation lunches. It's a business so they expect you to come to work and do just that...work. So if you don't like being held accountable for the duties you were hired for...you don't last long. As someone who prides themself on getting their job done, I like that they don't keep slackers around
Pros
good pay, hours, benefits
Worst place to worst
RV Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXApril 2, 2018
Trust me. You do not want to work here. The turnover rate is unreal!they have been through Atleast 10sercice managers in 1year time. I can’t tell you how many techs I’ve seen come and go. They turn their backs on employees doing drugs on Work grounds!
Fun
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Fun job poor management unless you smoke you can’t take a break like the ones who does it’s been 30 degrees out but you will get fired if you get caught trying to warm up in front of a heater
Great place to work with awesome benefits
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXFebruary 3, 2018
People with a good work ethic thrive here but laziness is not tolerated nor should it be. Excellent benefits. GM is pro active in getting things done and actively involved. Love working with this company!
Benefits
Cons
Occasional stress
Horrible! Management us Terrible!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXDecember 19, 2017
The general manager there is very unprofessional and hard to work for. I would not recommend anyone working there. Don't waste your time thinking you'll have a career at this place.
Cons
Overall good place to work
Ambassador of Fun-Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 19, 2017
Overall good place to work. Good work environment, large inventory to sell from. Also good benefits, and competitive pay plan. Several locations in Texas
Poor management
RV Technician (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXNovember 13, 2017
A small chain of stores trying to act like a mega chain. Very poor leadership and constant confusion about what is to be done. Rules constantly changing
Pros
Discounts
Exceptions become the Rule
Grunt (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 3, 2017
Just about the worst job I have ever had. I don't ever waste my time getting online to "review" anything. This one, I HAVE to put out there. TRUST me, you do NOT want to work here - no matter how fun, or lucrative you think it MIGHT be. The sunshine is great. Great new Service Manager. The rest - you need to avoid. I won't go into specifics here, but... don't say I didn't warn you! PTO is terrible. Corporate micro-managing, terrible. Exceptions to policy, terrible. Having to lie to the customer daily, terrible. Product, terrible.
Pros
Get to work outside. People on the ground floor, the working class, are great to work with.
Cons
Management. Customers. Product.
Relaxed and Fun Place to Work
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2017
I worked at Explore USA temporarily and everyone immediately made me feel right at home. I learned a lot as well as met some great people. Would recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Free Lunch, Smaller Company
Fast Paced and always learning something new
Warranty Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 25, 2017
I did enjoy my time at ExploreUSA as a warranty administrator and working in the service department. I was able to learn a lot about the actual RV's, Reports, parts and ordering.
It was very fast paced and never boring
Made me work like a dog!!!!
Washer (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXDecember 7, 2016
I worked here for only a short amount of time because when I first started I got next to nothing when it came to training and when I would wash the rv's and make a mistake they really made it known to me by chewing me out about it even after mentioning I wasn't trained properly. No one will help you with your job but yet at the same time they will stand back watching you making sure you are doing your job right!!!!!
Pros
Enjoyed my weekends away from this place!
Cons
Management! Management! Management!
fun place too work
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
I loved this job, but the way they run it is very different. it was fast paced and it was what I thought a reliable place to work.
RV Retail Sales
RV Sales AND Finance (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXJanuary 23, 2016
Awesome Income!
**Open 7 days a week... Can at many times consume your personal life/work balance...
Co. hiring a new Regional manager that has NEVER been in Retail... To Micro Manage how we write up and negotiate deals individually...
I've got 34+ years of commission Sales all Negotiating to profitable results.
Pros
AWESOME Income Oppourtunity allowing me to work my own deals Start to Finish!
Cons
Too many Hours, Being Micro Managed.
Productive and Educational
Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 4, 2015
Explore is a very great place to work with. Job security is like no other, and also moving up is a great possibility. I do enjoy being here, however there aren't many positions coming open as of right now, and I would like to find a place to move up and commit a career out of.
Pros
Half days, time off when needed, Moral is way up.
Inadequate Training
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXOctober 23, 2015
I worked here for over 2 years. I went through 3 managers and about 4 advisors. There has been many Service staff as well that turn over. This company provided very good pay and great hours. What it did not provide was an organized or structured training plan for certain positions and a sense of job security. Give this company a few more years with good management and I think it will be a great place to work.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Poor Management, High Turnover, No sense of job security, Lack of training programs
productive, fun work environment with the most outstanding team work
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  31001 IH-10 west, boerne tx 78006October 15, 2015
Fun work place with the greatest people to work with. Management is extremely supportive and our meetings and conference calls were more like pot lucks.
Pros
free lunch wednesdays, friendly co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExploreUSA RV Supercenter. Our community is ready to answer.