Exploria Resorts Employee Reviews

Only good if u don’t work under chief engineer
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2019
Good place to work but chief engineer is a racist and a bad to everyone especially minority’s talks down to them and always say we in America and am the head gringo in charge like to belittle people and very rude to woman if he wasn’t there work place would be great you can work and do your best and he will always say it’s not enough for him meanwhile other managers say u doing great even other mangers don’t like him and he will micro manage everything u do
Pros
Others are great
Cons
Chief engineer
Enjoyed working there until new manager took over & it was downhill from there on
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMay 27, 2019
As the mailroom clerk,my typical day consisted of managing the mailroom,recieving & delivering packages from guests,researching and responding to lost packages,etc,everything was working fine for over 6 months until corporate decided to relieve the department which was overseeing the mailroom and switched it to another department.The old manager was very low key and a non micromanager,thus when the new manager took over,it became apparent she was a total nasty MICRO-MANAGER,bossy and always standing over my shoulder,despite the fact my mailroom experience far exceded her knowledge on how to run properly that hectic and fast moving mailroom.The hostility reached such a boiling point,I had to move on and thats exactly what I did.
The constant issues that I submitted to her,in regards to the mailroom,like lack of AC,Packages getting lost after recieving them at clubhouse,the scheduled times for pickup making any sense,etc, were a bit too much for her to handle and she decided to make me,her own personal enemy,thus why it became too unbearable to be comfortable there.
Thus,the choice was when to pick your battles and this was a battle I decided to lose for my sanity.
Pros
Cons
a micromanaging manager, lack of advancements, no AC during summer time, uncooperative departments, ever changing employee turnover rates, etc
since I have been emplyed with Exploria resorts
Day Drive Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2019
First time working at a call center and I love the atmosphere of it. Everybody is so nice and helpful and the managers and supervisors are super flexible with your schedule.
Na
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAApril 14, 2019
Performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing. Ensuring all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards. Protecting equipment and making sure there are no inadequacies.
Fast Paced but fair
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 9, 2019
As a brand ambassador you have a chance to make more that your hourly pay. If you are a hard worker and dedicated you have a good opportunity to earn.
Pros
Free entry to Six Flags
Cons
Commute distance
We work hard, have fun and reward hard work.
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLApril 9, 2019
I have worked with Exploria for a little over a year and I have seen some amazing change in such a short amount of time. We have grown this small business into a large well oiled machine. We have a new National Call Center and we continue to grow our sales, marketing, resort operations and corporate operations and the plan is double in size over the next few years.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Executive Leadership is accessible and open to feedback
Cons
We are small and not everyone knows about us.
Beware of this unorganized place
Field Manager for Brand Ambassadors (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 12, 2019
It’s very unorganized and don’t expect anyone to listen to your wants and needs. No sufficient training given and if you don’t do the job correctly because of insufficient training you get fired
Pros
Benefits uncapped commission
Cons
Job sucks
The Sitch
Activations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2019
A typical day at work, you make a minimum 100 calls you take your lunch get back on the phones and make your money. I had a great time during my duration with the company, I didn't last because on my end I was pretty immature and then once the word came out that I wasn't hitting that minimum 100 my "out the door" ticket had already been punched. But it's the easiest money I ever made, call people to confirm dates on packages they bought or reactivate "dead" packages, you get paid everytime you confirm one and you don't have to sell anybody anything which for me was the best part.
Pros
Easy money, easy procedures. Family/team dynamic, everyone wants to see everyone succeed.
Cons
If I'm working an 8/9 hour shift I'd like to have an hour lunch. Supervisor's can micromanage
I showed that I sold yet they didn’t reward me
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLDecember 21, 2018
Usually if you’re a top seller(and selling the hardest campaign) you’d get rewarded, however not at exploria. If you want the easy leads you have to be highly liked, and that you’d have to hangout out with mangment outside of work. I’m there for my money, I can make friends at work but there’s no time to hangout outside of work for me. I wish them well, but they’ve lost a lot of great sellers over lack of knowledge of how to mange people. This is the only sales job that I’ve been at that they don’t take care of people who sell.
Pros
Great comission
Cons
You have to be a suck up to get the easy leads.
great oppurtunity to advance
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLDecember 18, 2018
I love working for exploria resorts, management staff is great! I expressed my interest in advancing with the company and the needs I had and they have helped me every step of the way. I could see my self retiring with the company.
Pros
holiday time off, they give breaks accordingly, great atmosphere
Cons
waiting six months before you can change positions with in the company
Excellent Job!
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PADecember 13, 2018
This job is awesome if you’re looking for part or full time! With lots of changes going on it’s become a great work environment with a lot of positive reinforcement and full compensation for travels, tolls, and parking
Pros
Everything!
HOA- Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 12, 2018
Hours were to long and they didn't pay enough money for me. If you requested vacation time you had to make it up at a later time which is not cool at all.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Short breaks
Bad company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 11, 2018
Do NOT go to work for this company. They Just Lay off the marketing and Sales team at there Grand Seas Location. Just week and half before CHRISTMAS. No severance pay for people who have been there for years. The way they did it was Very Unprofessionally and COLD. 30+ employees out of Work. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY.
Some coworkers are fun to work with
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bushkill, PADecember 9, 2018
It’s not a hassle to get there because it’s close to home. They pay well when you’re actually getting all of your hours. They don’t give out discounts on villas.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Losing hours per day
Not an ethical place to work
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 2, 2018
I loved the job in the collection dept initially, but they do not appreciate performance but seniority. No matter how well you perform but decision making by management is totally based on how long have you been working in that company. They have major integrity issues and put a blind eye to whatever you bring to their attention that is unethical specially if it involves their tenured agents who do the most unethical stuff on the calls.
Pros
Cons
The most unethical company I’ve ever worked with
Not worth it
MARKETING CUSTOMER CARE (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLNovember 20, 2018
No raises comp plan sucks, management doesn't do anything about it , Benefits sucks, we cant even use our own properties as employees. No room to advance in your position. Only friends or family of management gets moved up, leads are distributed unevenly and unfairly !
Great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  USANovember 15, 2018
As a current employee for over 8 years I would have to say this company has come very far from the old summer bay days.the atmosphere and co workers that I work with is great.the pay is less than desirable but the relationships you build and the comradery built is second to none.the positions could pay more and the mid level management is great the upper on the other hand could be more approachable and understanding.too many times have felt as though we were just a badge number...many many hard workers who are over looked. Over all have stayed because of the relationships made.
Pros
Vacation time, comrades
Cons
Upper management, favouritism
Excellent place to work
TIMESHARE SALES (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLNovember 1, 2018
Very nice environment. Managers, Directors, and salespeople very talent.
Not a good experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 25, 2018
The company is very unorganized, they don't provide training for their new workers and if they do it is poor training. They also are not good at giving notice on scheduling.
Fast Paced work place with a Competitive environment
Marketing Advisor & Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2018
Its a good job to work for if ur good at sales the commission scale is very appealing and attractive but it has its ups and downs because there are alot of changes that haooen ofte
Pros
Option to come in on saturday to hit commision if you didnt hit it yet
Cons
Short breaks