Express Employment Professionals

Found 1,719 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,944 reviews

Express Employment Professionals insights

Based on 2,711 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Temporary Services Agency

A typical day is boring and routine, although in my morning job, particularly, I work very hard and need to be very organized. Have learned to be patient, resilient and resourceful. I currently work for a temporary services agency for a hospital/healthcare system. The workplace culture there is very congenial. The hardest part of the job in the morning is meeting the deadlines (4 hours) in which to complete the heavy workload every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is I know I am doing my best job and maintain a good work ethic.

Pros

The people in the healthcare environment are very congenial.

Cons

Salary and paid leave are limited as a temporary employee.

Great place to learn the staffing industry

Great job, started entry level at 30K as Outside Sales Rep. Over 3 years, my salary has gone up to 41K--but more importantly, I have developed a book of business that generates me 40-50K in commissions per year.

Organization with clear mission, but weak leadership that lacks diversity...

Express has a clear mission and does a solid job at instilling what that vision is to it's employees; however there is weak and inconsistent leadership in certain branches that make it hard for employees to succeed. As you go further up the ladder there is also a severe lack in diversity at an executive level and the effects of that are definitely seen throughout the organization.

Pros

Strong mission

Cons

No work life balance, Low and outdated compensation for almost all roles, Leadership plays favorites, Career pathways are limited, High turnover

Ok place. They sent me to a good paying place

It's okay. They sent me to a good paying place. I stayed there for about Four months. The place they sent me was good but sometimes I had to keep watch on the payroll. At times my check was wrong. They had a new payroll person at that time

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Temporary

Caring staff that will help you find a job fast.

Communication between the staffing agency and the client (work place) could be better... as well as higher wages, more opportunities to advance in pay, and training. They will give you the wrong starting time for your first day along with no orientation; the actual workplace you go to has a "do what other people on the team do mentality," and a lack of preparation on job orders. Underemployment at jobs, so you will be working harder than you will be getting paid.

Pros

Supportive and friendly staff, happy to help you find a job, positive recruitors, off weekends

Cons

If you finish your work early, you get paid only for that amount of time instead of 8 hours, benifits could be better like having 401k match and Cigna health insurance

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Calm workplace, but slow.

I enjoyed working there. But, it was so slow and we hardly got any interviews. There were days when I’d twiddle my thumbs. I prefer busy. But if you like slow and calm, this job is for you

Pros

Paid holidays

Cons

No sick pay

Great Clients to work with and unlimited tools to recruit with.

Great Clients to work with and unlimited tools to recruit with. Work Days are 8-5, no weekends, and great benefits and 401K provided. Modern office in south Charlotte.

goof

United States Seafoods is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They lie about compensation and fail to comply with the most basic federal regulations. They seem to have over 40 employees in their head office which I found strange because they cannot seem to do anything in a timely manner.

Flexible schedule

Flexible schedule, good management. There are many job vacancies. You don't have to wait for weeks and go to different interviews to find a job. It only takes one day.

Good opportunities in the area

Your standard temporary job placement company but as you can guess pay isn't the best due to it being a temporary service, and benefits are bad. However the staff at my local one are great and really try to place you at a job that suits you well.

Placed me in a job I loved

I went in and told the staffing agency exactly where I wanted to be placed and they where able to place me at that location. The gentleman asked me what days of the week I wanted to work and I thought he was joking so I said Monday - Friday with no weekends and he got me the schedule I requested. It was the first job I was not made to work 7 days a week. The people are very nice and respectful

Pros

Friendly staff, great pay

Cons

Need better benefits but it’s great they offer them

Overall a great place to work

Bosses care about me and go out of their way to make me feel wanted and important. Benefits are quite good as well and I feel a sense of job security.

Always keep you busy

Express takes care of you they are flexible and very pleasant to deal with. They try to work around what's important and what matters most like your kids

Pros

Flexible

Amazing Staff

Great place to work, Great staff, Friendly Management. Amazing perks and benefits. Always busy and always helping people find great jobs and succeed.

Productive and fun

Good place to get a job. If you have experience they will find the right fit for you. Paid every week. If you don't like a job that your on they will find you a different one.

Horrible staff

Over worked under paid staff is horrible late check they fire yoj without telling you and never give a reason no benefits no time off its not a place to work

Pros

Cons

No work

Express Employment text & call to inform you about what jobs they have available daily.

I would recommended to any of my old coworkers & friends when they need a job as temp to hire. Good temp agency to work for. They are also stationed in Hawaii.

Pros

Yes sometimes free lunches provided from each assignment through the company working for.

Cons

yes sometimes shorter breaks which needs to be fixed

Agency Work

Express offers agency work. You apply, answer their questions, and start getting job recommendations until you find one that you like and then get assigned to it if you qualify. Assignments can range from short term (a day to 6 months) and long term (usually working to become part of the company you were sent to). Pay varies depending on the job and experience. It can range from $15-$20 an hour.As a worker, you answer to the management and HR of whatever company you're assigned with as well, however, you can end the job with the agency instead of talking with your assignment. It is highly recommended to keep an eye on how much the assignments pay for the amount of work as not all will pay well.

Pros

Paid weekly, different industries, sick pay, health insurance

Cons

Mercy of the company you're assigned to, communication needs work

Easy to get hired

They didn't pay me for 3 days work. And still haven't after me trying for over a year. They don't care it was 13.50 an hour 12 hours days. It was ok other than that.

Pros

Fast hire

Cons

Didn't pay me

Dont pay people for the days they worked

They do not pay you even if you work. They removed the time clock then refused to verify my time so that I would be paid for the time I actually worked. Even the place I was working at refuses to verify

Pros

None unless you're looking to volunteer for free

Cons

They dont pay you

Family like work Environment.

I really enjoyed my time Express. Friendly workers and easy to schedule the events. Fair working environment. I didn't really know how to do the job but they training was really helpful.

Pros

Friendly workers

Cons

No benefits or advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4K
2.5K
1.7K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight