Express Energy

Express Energy Employee Reviews

United States61 reviews
was a interesting place to work
was good place to work till cut backs started. i had learned a lop about the oil industry.the bad thing was when they started to increase the work load and giving task to people who didn't know what they were doing .
Monopoly
The company has only 1 group in my area who are all related to each other getting most of the jobs while others are sitting around for days waiting for work. The scheduling needs to be revamped by management to be fair to all employees or at least be up front with new hires.
non productive
very slow work didn't have a salesman had to go work in Pennsylvania to get any work at Express then come home when they had jobs over here in Pleasanton
Pros
non
Cons
hardly work no hrs
great company if you know someone
this is a typical you can get a job at if you know someone
is more of who u know than what u know..

the company as many others you're just a number making money for them

while you make a check

salary isn't that bad

hours are alright

but they have so many internal *** that all they claim on training as soon u step a foot in the reality is gone!!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
management
Toxic work atmosphere
You WILL get yelled at at least 5-10 times a week. This is their preferred way of management across the board. You feel as if you’re constantly walking on thin ice; one mistake and it’s thrown in your face. Management is very cliquey with certain people in dispatch. You will get “thrown under the bus” many times. They over work their crew haulers and techs...they are always understaffed and expect things to miraculously get better, but the management team doesn’t want to take time to fix things where they count the most. There is no such thing as praise for your hard work efforts, only ways can get blamed for something you had no control over. The list goes on and on and on... lots of favoritism...
Benefits
Cons
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Bunch of little girls in elementary school.
Nothing but unnecessary drama with the management staff in the dispatch office. The insane part is they tell you on the first day, "If you can't handle drama this is not the job for you."
Pros
fast paced, lots of hours
Cons
incompetent staff and terrible internal communication
good people to work for
typical day consisted of making sure equipment worked. in field tested equipment on rig or out in completions. dealing with comen was a breeze. contacted comen to make sure had right equipment for job
Pros
good people
Cons
people in management positions not knowing what actual job entailed
The job was fun
I would get calls from pumpers ordering a truck I would call a truck pusher have him put a truck on it. I would go out to locations and check on crews, make sure safty was being followed
Pros
fun place
Cons
The company went bankrupt
Out of business in my area.
Express was a very fast paced place to work. You could work as many hours as you wanted but it didn't pay very well. The company disappeared just as fast as it came into my area.
Express Energy had a very professional work environment
Express Energy was a awesome place to work. I enjoyed the environment, the staff and management. Working here I was able to use my own judgement and was included was if I was permanent employee.
Pros
Half a day fridays once a month.
You better save up everything you can if you are going to go career in the oilfield
I learned that this industry is the epitome of hard work and takes no back seat to any other job when it comes to giving 100% effort in everything you do. Every person on the job is important, so there can no weak links or the entire company can suffer.
Pros
compensation
Cons
bad management leading to major downsizing
good coworkers no life
my time there was spent working long hours in hard conditions with little leadership but my coworkers were good to talk with
good entry level compnay
good company for entry level to oil and gas, just couldnt offer competitive pay versus other service companies. i believe corp was the one to blame,
Good work conditions and willing to support employees.
Good company to work for when oil prices are good. Upper level managment had to make tough decisions when oil prices plummented but they tried to be fair on tough decisions.
Pros
Good pay and little upper level supervison if you take care of bsiness.
Cons
Bought by holding company that had little experience in O&G. Not matching 401K plan.
Productive and a great learning experience each day!
Upper management great at helping sales staff secure work, by being great team players. Hardest part of the job, 6500 miles per month to secure work.
Pros
Cooperative management
Cons
driving 6500 miles per month to secure work!
Hard work with great pay and benefits as long as the oil and gas business is active.
Long hours, hard work, dirty, constantly moving from place to place. Great pay with overtime and great benefits. You have to be very safety conscious and dependable.
Pros
Consistent, great pay and benefits, lots of overtime and hard workers.
Cons
Very little time with family.
Lacking growth
Very small company with not much room to grow. CEO is very aloof and not present when needed. Hard to get answers and help. Never trained.
Pros
Flexible work outs.
Good fast money
management was alright. I didnt get promotions as promised. I eventually left due to this.The money was good and I was home a little more than the other oil companies allowed.
It was an exciting and challenging work place.
My days were filled with challenging and new on the job work experiences. I looked forward to the opportunity to work with as well as learn from a diverse group of people from different levels and companies. I am grateful for the opportunity given to me to be able to a part of their team and posses the knowledge i now have in oil and gas.
Pros
great benefits, great pay, a safe enviroment
Cons
being away from home
great company!! great work environment,
Never micromanage their employees! Made sure all there employees were well trained for their positions. Safety was a priority!!
work
I pretty much enjoyed working for express energy,but iam not work as much. I learned how to work at a steady pace. I like working for the company.
Pros
the per diem
Cons
healthcare