Express Energy

Express Energy Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews

Great Company, but....

Great company to work for however the lady I was working under believed in smoking every 15 min and that is annoying when trying to quickly complete tasks and have to stop for approval from her.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Personnel issues

oh lord what to say...

Great learning experience of the Oilfield life style. At home for a few hours and get a call that its time to go to work. On call 24/7 the call outs are just when ever they get notice hints 3am at times or 10 pm. I will say you are paid for every moment you are at work. But don't think your getting paid one rate. Shop hours are $10.00 an hr. Drive time is 10.00 AN HR. LOCATION IS DEPENDING ON POSITION. And overtime is as they call blended. Even though you get $20.00 an hr does not mean your overtime is $30.00. I have seen many paychecks of over 140 hrs for one week so be willing to leave the home life. And when your home don't plan anything ahead of time. And if you ask for vacation time dont be surprised when they work you till 12am that day and don't even give you the hole day. But it for the most part a safe place to work as long as you watch your surroundings and understand the risks.

Pros

Good training, Good Coworkers.

Cons

No Home Life, Blended Overtime

Express Energy insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

It’s a money making company

Long hrs big checks, reliable job when the oil boom is good. Hourly pay was good, company provides housing, and transportation to and from the job site.

was a interesting place to work

was good place to work till cut backs started. i had learned a lop about the oil industry.the bad thing was when they started to increase the work load and giving task to people who didn't know what they were doing .

Monopoly

The company has only 1 group in my area who are all related to each other getting most of the jobs while others are sitting around for days waiting for work. The scheduling needs to be revamped by management to be fair to all employees or at least be up front with new hires.

non productive

very slow work didn't have a salesman had to go work in Pennsylvania to get any work at Express then come home when they had jobs over here in Pleasanton

Pros

non

Cons

hardly work no hrs

great company if you know someone

this is a typical you can get a job at if you know someone is more of who u know than what u know.. the company as many others you're just a number making money for them while you make a check salary isn't that bad hours are alright but they have so many internal *** that all they claim on training as soon u step a foot in the reality is gone!!

Pros

paycheck

Cons

management

Toxic work atmosphere

You WILL get yelled at at least 5-10 times a week. This is their preferred way of management across the board. You feel as if you’re constantly walking on thin ice; one mistake and it’s thrown in your face. Management is very cliquey with certain people in dispatch. You will get “thrown under the bus” many times. They over work their crew haulers and techs...they are always understaffed and expect things to miraculously get better, but the management team doesn’t want to take time to fix things where they count the most. There is no such thing as praise for your hard work efforts, only ways can get blamed for something you had no control over. The list goes on and on and on... lots of favoritism...

Benefits

Cons

Bunch of little girls in elementary school.

Nothing but unnecessary drama with the management staff in the dispatch office. The insane part is they tell you on the first day, "If you can't handle drama this is not the job for you."

Pros

fast paced, lots of hours

Cons

incompetent staff and terrible internal communication

good people to work for

typical day consisted of making sure equipment worked. in field tested equipment on rig or out in completions. dealing with comen was a breeze. contacted comen to make sure had right equipment for job

Pros

good people

Cons

people in management positions not knowing what actual job entailed

The job was fun

I would get calls from pumpers ordering a truck I would call a truck pusher have him put a truck on it. I would go out to locations and check on crews, make sure safty was being followed

Pros

fun place

Cons

The company went bankrupt

Out of business in my area.

Express was a very fast paced place to work. You could work as many hours as you wanted but it didn't pay very well. The company disappeared just as fast as it came into my area.

Express Energy had a very professional work environment

Express Energy was a awesome place to work. I enjoyed the environment, the staff and management. Working here I was able to use my own judgement and was included was if I was permanent employee.

Pros

Half a day fridays once a month.

You better save up everything you can if you are going to go career in the oilfield

I learned that this industry is the epitome of hard work and takes no back seat to any other job when it comes to giving 100% effort in everything you do. Every person on the job is important, so there can no weak links or the entire company can suffer.

Pros

compensation

Cons

bad management leading to major downsizing

good coworkers no life

my time there was spent working long hours in hard conditions with little leadership but my coworkers were good to talk with

good entry level compnay

good company for entry level to oil and gas, just couldnt offer competitive pay versus other service companies. i believe corp was the one to blame,

Good work conditions and willing to support employees.

Good company to work for when oil prices are good. Upper level managment had to make tough decisions when oil prices plummented but they tried to be fair on tough decisions.

Pros

Good pay and little upper level supervison if you take care of bsiness.

Cons

Bought by holding company that had little experience in O&G. Not matching 401K plan.

Productive and a great learning experience each day!

Upper management great at helping sales staff secure work, by being great team players. Hardest part of the job, 6500 miles per month to secure work.

Pros

Cooperative management

Cons

driving 6500 miles per month to secure work!

Hard work with great pay and benefits as long as the oil and gas business is active.

Long hours, hard work, dirty, constantly moving from place to place. Great pay with overtime and great benefits. You have to be very safety conscious and dependable.

Pros

Consistent, great pay and benefits, lots of overtime and hard workers.

Cons

Very little time with family.

Lacking growth

Very small company with not much room to grow. CEO is very aloof and not present when needed. Hard to get answers and help. Never trained.

Pros

Flexible work outs.

Good fast money

management was alright. I didnt get promotions as promised. I eventually left due to this.The money was good and I was home a little more than the other oil companies allowed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits