Express Energy Employee Reviews

Toxic work atmosphere
NA (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 26, 2018
You WILL get yelled at at least 5-10 times a week. This is their preferred way of management across the board. You feel as if you’re constantly walking on thin ice; one mistake and it’s thrown in your face. Management is very cliquey with certain people in dispatch. You will get “thrown under the bus” many times. They over work their crew haulers and techs...they are always understaffed and expect things to miraculously get better, but the management team doesn’t want to take time to fix things where they count the most. There is no such thing as praise for your hard work efforts, only ways can get blamed for something you had no control over. The list goes on and on and on... lots of favoritism...
Benefits
Cons
Bunch of little girls in elementary school.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 18, 2018
Nothing but unnecessary drama with the management staff in the dispatch office. The insane part is they tell you on the first day, "If you can't handle drama this is not the job for you."
Pros
fast paced, lots of hours
Cons
incompetent staff and terrible internal communication
good people to work for
Torque and test operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 3, 2017
typical day consisted of making sure equipment worked. in field tested equipment on rig or out in completions. dealing with comen was a breeze. contacted comen to make sure had right equipment for job
Pros
good people
Cons
people in management positions not knowing what actual job entailed
The job was fun
Truck Manager (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARNovember 9, 2017
I would get calls from pumpers ordering a truck I would call a truck pusher have him put a truck on it. I would go out to locations and check on crews, make sure safty was being followed
Pros
fun place
Cons
The company went bankrupt
You better save up everything you can if you are going to go career in the oilfield
Shop Technician/Casing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I learned that this industry is the epitome of hard work and takes no back seat to any other job when it comes to giving 100% effort in everything you do. Every person on the job is important, so there can no weak links or the entire company can suffer.
Pros
compensation
Cons
bad management leading to major downsizing
Funnest Contract Work
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 30, 2012
Typical day was going to worksites and installing ballasts and lights through an effort to save energy. Managed the crew and signed off on their electrical work. Management was amazing and provided for all out our needs to perform our job well. Co worker were respectfull and motivated. Hardest part of the job was knowing it would end soon. The other tuff part of figuring out some pretty intense electrical problems. Lots of wires.The most enjoyable part of the job was giving direction to a willing team ready to work.
Pros
company van, phone, and expenses paid for
Cons
traveling in traffic, contract ended
Accounts Payable Department is not friendly environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2014
Not a good work environment. Supervisor is rough around the edges and does not train well. She is good at what she does, just doesn't allow workers to work to their full potential. Micro manages even though she claims that she doesn't. Manager rarely engaged with employees.
"teachers pet" mentality with employees.

would NOT suggest working here
Pros
It was a job that initially had potential
Cons
management is very stand offish to employees
Nachos in the break room.
Tranportation Manager (Former Employee) –  san Angelo, TXMarch 5, 2015
My previous District Manager liked to have fun. He put popcorn machine and nacho machine in the break room. He kept the office out of monotony.
A day at work was never the same because of the ever changing protocols and demands. I might take a dispatchers place, do an HSE accident meeting, investigate a loss of time breakdown or deliver tools. Whatever it took to get the job done safely.
I did enjoy sitting back and seeing all the progress and impact that I made as a Transportation Manager.
Pros
Great fellow workers, Decent pay
Cons
On call 24/7
Productive and wonderful place to work (Serves food all the time)
Accounts Payable Clerk (TemporaryAssigment) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2013
Great place to work and grow as a professional. The hours were flexible making it convenient for me to come and not stress about traffic. The manager there was very helpful and knowledgeable with the job and their expectations. The salary was one that I looked for and appreciated.
In all honesty this was one of the best work places I have had the pleasure of going to work.
Can be an ok place to work; depending on the section you work in
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 16, 2014
I am a former EES employee and I worked in the R&D Engineering section as an Engineer. My comments apply specifically to the section I worked in:

Management had a tendency to be disdainful and disrespectful to employees and not to listen nor consider technical input of employees. Too much focus and time was spent traveling outside of the office that was not truly necessary. As a result there was insufficient focus and time given to completely do engineering projects.

If the same management is running the R&D section, then I do not recommend the company's R&D section as a place to work.
Pros
Facilities are new
Cons
Management had tendency to be disdainful and disrespectful to employees.
It was an exciting and challenging work place.
Sr. Operator (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXApril 8, 2016
My days were filled with challenging and new on the job work experiences. I looked forward to the opportunity to work with as well as learn from a diverse group of people from different levels and companies. I am grateful for the opportunity given to me to be able to a part of their team and posses the knowledge i now have in oil and gas.
Pros
great benefits, great pay, a safe enviroment
Cons
being away from home
poor management poor training
Wireline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXFebruary 17, 2015
12 hour work days under constant pressure. I learned operator duties as well as engineer duties. I experienced poor management due to lack of experience and unwillingness to cooperate.I worked with both good and bad employees. The hardest part of my job was being away from home. The best part of my job was that I was constantley learning new things
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
poor management
growing company but very seclusive
Administration/Training Coordination (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2012
I enjoyed the opportunity to learn about a new industry but the management in charge loved to play games and try and treat us like puppets. If you played into their games to succeeded. It was a really busy job, which was good, because there was always something to keep busy with. Most of my coworkers were fabulous and I enjoy working with them.
Good work conditions and willing to support employees.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mid-ContinentAugust 19, 2016
Good company to work for when oil prices are good. Upper level managment had to make tough decisions when oil prices plummented but they tried to be fair on tough decisions.
Pros
Good pay and little upper level supervison if you take care of bsiness.
Cons
Bought by holding company that had little experience in O&G. Not matching 401K plan.
Hard work with great pay and benefits as long as the oil and gas business is active.
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXJuly 12, 2016
Long hours, hard work, dirty, constantly moving from place to place. Great pay with overtime and great benefits. You have to be very safety conscious and dependable.
Pros
Consistent, great pay and benefits, lots of overtime and hard workers.
Cons
Very little time with family.
Fun but exhausting
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. Good people, good equipment. Only thing was the 80 to 100 hour weeks. Some months without a day off.
My day would start at approximately 4 am and end some times at midnight. The only draw back was the inexperienced available employees from the north Texas area.
Pros
Company truck
Solid work and Good workforce
Pressure Test Operator/QAQC/Shop Hand (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, PAMay 10, 2014
Co-workers are like family. Solid work done in a work day. Constantly moving and engaging. immediate supervisors involved and engaging. work gets rough sometimes when you have those 16+ hour days.
Pros
Tight knit group of co workers, constantly moving
Cons
pay can sometimes be an issue
Express Energy had a very professional work environment
Billing Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Express Energy was a awesome place to work. I enjoyed the environment, the staff and management. Working here I was able to use my own judgement and was included was if I was permanent employee.
Pros
Half a day fridays once a month.
Productive and a great learning experience each day!
Sales Rep- City/Field Sales/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 16, 2016
Upper management great at helping sales staff secure work, by being great team players. Hardest part of the job, 6500 miles per month to secure work.
Pros
Cooperative management
Cons
driving 6500 miles per month to secure work!
Productive workplace
Crew Pusher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
I learned alot from my supervisor and was moved up to crew pusher. I enjoyed working in this work environment. Business closed due to slow jobs and moved to Laredo but was layed off in Feb. 2015.
Pros
catering provided onsite for crews
Cons
sometimes no time off between jobs