Express Fashion Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace with nice staff, seemed like a family
Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 17, 2019
Everyone is nice, and there is always something to do at Express. Employees are very easy to get along with. You usually wouldn't do the same thing two shifts in a row, you'd get a different task to do.
Pros
50% discount in any express store, if you mention you're an associate (and have your ID number)
Cons
Short breaks (unless longer shifts)
Great upbeat environment/Not for someone with a family to provide for-
Retail/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 18, 2019
Waste of time overall, Meant to be a side job for someone without bills. Took the job seriously because of my business ethic, but the business as a corporation isn't managed well when both employees and customers are unhappy with the financial motives behind the company as a brand. Not only ruins moral between customers and staff, but gradually makes the brand unattractive in the eyes of the average shopper. The executives either haven't maintained accordance with the business cycle or they're maliciously raising prices and lowering salaries, as a strategy for maximizing profits and "draining the cow for its cash".
Cons
Biweekly Hourly wage, Part-time only, Minimum wage, Unstable Income
Easy Temporary Job
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 3, 2019
If you have a great boss, this is a great job where you can get along with your coworkers and get a paycheck. The hardest part is making sure you hit the sales expectations.
Overall great place to work
Sales Associate/ Advanced Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 18, 2018
Helps with time management and professional skills. Also shows you different ways on how you can engage and approach people. Teaches you how to make great sales and meet certain goals for the day or week
fun job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 16, 2018
I had fun while working with the company, made some good friends. I learned a lot about fashion and retail while working at Express, I don't like being pressured to encourage people to sign up for credit cards but that was my only negative experience with the company.
Not really ideal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 6, 2018
The work ethic there is not as good as their competitors. The way that the managers instruct you to do things sometimes is absurd and on another note, they expect so much in so little time.
Visuals Team
SAKES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
I worked with the visual team at a high volume store for a few years. We had a great team, including management. It was fun for the most part. New management came in, associates started quitting and it was no longer fun, just stressfull
Pros
fun and friendly work environment
Cons
can't be full time unless you're management
Fun workplace
Stylist/Visual Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 17, 2018
You have to be a person to work with people and a communicator. There are standards that you have to follow because everything is folded in a certain way and perfectly.
Pros
Free snacks, compliments
Cons
inconsistent hours
Customers what can I say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2018
Either you love the customer or you don't and they feel pretty much the same way about the staff. The level of shock and aww that can be seen working at Express daily is amazing. There were times I could've sworn I was working an emergency room, a chop shop or a convenience store depending on the day. What I mean is. You can have customers who are at times are impatient to the point of crazy and irate, customers who regularly shop but just as many who come in and steal on a normal basis and the they are the same people and customers who just out right disgusting. What makes all this unbearable is that the "powers that be" who don't work in the store everyday but call the shots from outside the store, allow this to go on and don't give the management that work in the store any type of authority to handle these problems but yet expect them to be able to "keep the stores under control" WITH WHAT? Their looks, osmosis, puff the magic dragon? I mean it's ridiculous. You have customers urinating in the dressing rooms, returning clothes that smell like weed, going into dressing rooms with their spouses right next to dressing rooms where little girls or boys might be, regular thieves coming in stealing and staff are just supposed to stand there and look at them and that's it! No this is not the place to WORK! And don't get me started on the pay.
Pros
The clothes are nice when they first come to the store
Cons
All of the above...sheesh
Fast past work place
Sales associate/ Westfield North County Mall (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 5, 2018
While working at Express, I was constantly faced with multiple tasks and responsibilities. It was a fast-paced environment that always kept me on my feet and gave me multiple opportunities to become a problem solver. It also greatly improved my communication skills while working in customer service.
Pros
Friendly and clean enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Great, fast paced company to work for
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2018
I loved working here. I had a great manager who gave us a lot of creative freedom and accepted ideas. I learned a lot about the company and was able to do some travel within the city.
Pros
creative enviroment
Cons
part time
Great First Job Experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 23, 2018
I learned a lot about customer service from working here. My managers were extensive with their training and always made sure I knew exactly what I was doing.
Just terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 11, 2018
Management was terrible and compensation was terrible. The only great thing about the job was the culture. I would not recommend anyone to apply at Express.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 26, 2018
coworkers are nice, customers aren't too bad, flexible with school and days off, was able to transfer back and forth between stores when i moved away for school and able to come back when on vacation
Fast Paced Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 2, 2018
A typical day at work would include starting off cleaning and organizing the store until we have to open. Then from there, we would provide customers with excellent service. My job was to quickly collect items being used for online orders and package them by a certain time. Inventory, shipment, and backstock was also performed by most associates. Management was very strict and demanding. I can understand that in a very high end fashion store.
If you like being faced with a challenge everyday, this is the job for you.
They did not give me the hours i wanted, therefore i left.
Better retail job
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 13, 2017
very much so number inclined as well. definitely a lot better retail than most others because of clientele but at the end of the day it is still a matter of number driven atmosphere.
Good place to work.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 12, 2017
I enjoy working with the people that also work here. The customers can be intolerable at times. Management handles this well. I have had issues when it comes to rescheduling shifts.
great first job
SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2017
This is not a place to work if you are seriously trying to make money. I was paid minimum wage and they took advantage of your time. A friend of mine was there 5 years and was promised a raise multiple times and never received it. The discounts are not great its like 40% and there are no benefits. Prepare to get paid under 9 dollars.
Pros
the music they play, environment is fun
Cons
pay, no benefits, management
express
Sales Assistant (temp) (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 7, 2017
working at express was i good experience because i love things that have to do anything with fashion , it was good working there because i was able to learn more about fashion and about clothes, i also liked working there because i was able to help people with making them look beauiful and confident to whatever event they were going to.
Pros
friendly, good vibe, easy to learn new things
Cons
the rush hours
great temporary job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 21, 2017
great temporary job for people looking for seasonal and temporary work. Cool uhh great naa blessed emm no lucky nah chosen ah ah appreciated the job but can't say much else
Pros
beautiful coworkers
Cons
hours