Express Mart Employee Reviews

Wonderful Regular Customers, Good job environment, great co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 5, 2018
Working at the gas station was wonderful, there is a lot of responsibility but it is definitely not a hard job. Working next to a restaurant and getting the discount there was very nice! Getting to see regular customers and building that relationship with them is also a very humbling and fantastic experience. The whole atmosphere is very family related and it is a great company to be with.
Pros
50% off at the restaurant attached to the gas station, very decent pay and benefits
Cons
Breaks are only when you have no customers
just a gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILNovember 1, 2018
worked there until I got ready to start college had a great time working there stocking coolers and waiting on customers, always had fresh coffee for our customers
Pros
fun
Cons
no breaks
Inconsistent
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Rd Vineland NJOctober 12, 2018
Racism inconsistent/ inconsiderate. Didn’t have a set schedule & I just was not happy. I was working harder than what I was getting paid for and did not like it
extra income type of job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIOctober 11, 2018
Every day was different depending on the customers that came into the store.
Management was decent.
The job and work itself was decent, co workers were great.
Not something i could live off of .
Easy part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galesville, WISeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed this part time job. I had my set hours and I worked my set hours. The work was easy. I helped customers when needed. When the customer was ready to check out I did so. Did restock of shelves and cleaned the store. At closing time I did a shift change and prepared for first shift.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
N/a
A acquired taste to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, NYSeptember 15, 2018
It was my first job, and came back after time fore more money... but in the end it was not worth it. The manager made a big impact of my leaving and sadly once and a while while entering the location i get an unwelcome experience. The company is being bought out, so there is hope in the future for them... hopefully.
Pros
People iterations
Cons
short beaks, communication
clean and happy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Loved working there, the customer makes your day go by fast. You"ll meet all kinds of new people and love some and dislike a few. It was never boring.
Enjoyed working for a small hometown company
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIAugust 23, 2018
If you enjoy working for a small hometown company then Express Mart is the place to be. However, the higher ups in the company could use improvement on how to talk and work with their lower end employees. They can be disrespectful at times and treat you like you do not matter. There also has been times that they can improve on their customer service skill.
Pros
Great company to work for to get to know some of the customers
Cons
Management and owners to improve their attitudes
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Chippewa Falls, WI.

stressful and demanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spencer, MAAugust 21, 2018
There was always something for me to do because my co workers rarely completed their tasks. Co workers often came in late or not at all. I was terminated when I asked for my FML paperwork due to my pregnancy.
Pros
Free coffee, extra hours to pick up
Cons
Late and lazy co workers
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Spencer, MA.

Fun work enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2018
Customer Service open 24hr fun place to work. Management is great. Busy none stop. Enjoy the customer close to Westport area. Hardest part intoxicated customer
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
breaks
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Kansas City, MO.

hate
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 20, 2018
i really hated that place to the fullest managers were messy and things were unorganized. everyone was friends and not much work got done. employees was always late.
June 25, 2018

All of our stores are located in the state of NY. We are not affiliated with any stores with similar names in any other states.

Overall, not a bad company to work for.
Cashier-Manager (Current Employee) –  2700 Union RoadJune 3, 2018
This is a good place to find yourself if you are willing to put the time and commit to the job. Now, as a Manager, I would not recommend
moving too high up, because the work load and the stress level are not commiserate with the pay.
Pros
Fun, fast paced work environment
Cons
Can take over your life if you let it.
excellent
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 31, 2018
it's a very good place to work and very good people to work with. you go in in the morning and count your cash drawer and make sure the correct amount is in there and the same at the end of each shift. Take care of customers and cash them out
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Detroit, MI.

productive and fun work place
Sales Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 9, 2018
every day i learned something new some tings were higher then my level and others i got to teach someone something new everyday is a learning opportunity.
Pros
friendly, helpful, outgoing staff
Cons
24 hours and working overnights is rough
Very helpful altogether
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Otto, MOMay 2, 2018
Overall this company was a great company to work for it had its ups and downs but still managed it fine.your coworkers and yourself get along for the most part with each otherq
Pros
Hours
Cons
No breaks
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Otto, MO.

Productive work space
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXApril 8, 2018
Its great because you have your regulars.
Management gets replaced often.
Overtime is available when prompted.
Always gigven your two off days.
Sometimes working in such a small area causes friction.
Pros
free food from deli
Cons
no breaks, can not sit down
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Texas.

Fast paced work environment
Team Lead/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Webster, NY 14580April 4, 2018
I learned a lot from the staff working there. At the time I was just looking for better hours and less of a strenuous job. would recommend working there is a great place to grow and advance if you put in the time and effort
great advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, NYMarch 14, 2018
The advancement was great. The employees were very outgoing easy to work with. The corporate did not do the right paperwork, for overtime. The manager was not understanding of incidental problems.
Eh
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canastota, NYMarch 7, 2018
There was no place for employees to take a break and eat, worked by yourself most of time so you could never really get anything that needed to be done, done.
Pros
usually was busy
Cons
no place for workers to sit, take time to themselves
Producitve work place
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYMarch 6, 2018
Fast-paced, friendly manager's, nice people. Open to hour changes and will work with you if you need to work different hours. overall good place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about