Express Mart Employee Reviews

A good slow paced job with a lot of duties to get done alone in one 8 hour shift. But overall it’s worth the pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 8, 2019
The job is amazing don’t get me wrong. It’s just the pay don’t reach my requirements because I have 2 kids and 8.00$ an hour not gonna cut it. And working that over night shift is hard trying to have a day time job also cause I need my sleep during the day. So it’s best if I have a night time job with better pay.
Work in an active community were people go to school and work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2019
Rely on skills as you would like to receive the same courtesy’s. There are friendly people that will come back over and over as long as I am treating them fairly.
Pros
Three days off per week
In general an okay place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2019
The company was an okay place to work but did not meet the standards they had in place. It was all about the company not about the customer. There wasn’t any real training available to me because they were in the process of selling the company to Speedway LLC.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
They really didn’t care about the employees
Very good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJanuary 31, 2019
I appreciated the opportunity to begin my job career with this company. The management was kind and considerate to me. I liked the people I worked with and for.
Pros
Convenient and pleasant atmosphere
Its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJanuary 27, 2019
Wouldnt be there forever though. Its more or less for a quick job that most likely you will not be going anywhere in the company. There very nice to you though.
Ok depending who's u're boss
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shortsville, NYJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work depending on who is u're boss. Customers are great and other employees are great team members. Fast paced at some points great customer sercice.
The best job I ever had
Asst. Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun County, ALJanuary 10, 2019
Working In Express Mart wasn't planned for, But I'm thanking God that he gave me the chance to work there since I loved the business since I was a kid and Express Mart proved my knowledge in business world in addition of keeping working in IT field
Wonderful Regular Customers, Good job environment, great co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 5, 2018
Working at the gas station was wonderful, there is a lot of responsibility but it is definitely not a hard job. Working next to a restaurant and getting the discount there was very nice! Getting to see regular customers and building that relationship with them is also a very humbling and fantastic experience. The whole atmosphere is very family related and it is a great company to be with.
Pros
50% off at the restaurant attached to the gas station, very decent pay and benefits
Cons
Breaks are only when you have no customers
just a gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILNovember 1, 2018
worked there until I got ready to start college had a great time working there stocking coolers and waiting on customers, always had fresh coffee for our customers
Pros
fun
Cons
no breaks
okay work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 15, 2018
a typical day at work is simple,i found the staff friendly and easy to get along with. the manger is nice and easy going. the worst part of the job is the amount of time people call off
Pros
lunch break, discounts on food
Cons
usually have to stay late
Inconsistent
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Rd Vineland NJOctober 12, 2018
Racism inconsistent/ inconsiderate. Didn’t have a set schedule & I just was not happy. I was working harder than what I was getting paid for and did not like it
extra income type of job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIOctober 11, 2018
Every day was different depending on the customers that came into the store.
Management was decent.
The job and work itself was decent, co workers were great.
Not something i could live off of .
Easy part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galesville, WISeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed this part time job. I had my set hours and I worked my set hours. The work was easy. I helped customers when needed. When the customer was ready to check out I did so. Did restock of shelves and cleaned the store. At closing time I did a shift change and prepared for first shift.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
N/a
A acquired taste to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, NYSeptember 15, 2018
It was my first job, and came back after time fore more money... but in the end it was not worth it. The manager made a big impact of my leaving and sadly once and a while while entering the location i get an unwelcome experience. The company is being bought out, so there is hope in the future for them... hopefully.
Pros
People iterations
Cons
short beaks, communication
clean and happy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Loved working there, the customer makes your day go by fast. You"ll meet all kinds of new people and love some and dislike a few. It was never boring.
Enjoyed working for a small hometown company
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIAugust 23, 2018
If you enjoy working for a small hometown company then Express Mart is the place to be. However, the higher ups in the company could use improvement on how to talk and work with their lower end employees. They can be disrespectful at times and treat you like you do not matter. There also has been times that they can improve on their customer service skill.
Pros
Great company to work for to get to know some of the customers
Cons
Management and owners to improve their attitudes
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Chippewa Falls, WI.

stressful and demanding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spencer, MAAugust 21, 2018
There was always something for me to do because my co workers rarely completed their tasks. Co workers often came in late or not at all. I was terminated when I asked for my FML paperwork due to my pregnancy.
Pros
Free coffee, extra hours to pick up
Cons
Late and lazy co workers
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Spencer, MA.

Fun work enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2018
Customer Service open 24hr fun place to work. Management is great. Busy none stop. Enjoy the customer close to Westport area. Hardest part intoxicated customer
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
breaks
August 27, 2018

This Express Mart page is specifically for a company located in New York state. We do not have any stores in any other states. We are not familiar with nor have any affiliation with companies in Kansas City, MO.

hate
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 20, 2018
i really hated that place to the fullest managers were messy and things were unorganized. everyone was friends and not much work got done. employees was always late.
June 25, 2018

All of our stores are located in the state of NY. We are not affiliated with any stores with similar names in any other states.

Overall, not a bad company to work for.
Cashier-Manager (Current Employee) –  2700 Union RoadJune 3, 2018
This is a good place to find yourself if you are willing to put the time and commit to the job. Now, as a Manager, I would not recommend
moving too high up, because the work load and the stress level are not commiserate with the pay.
Pros
Fun, fast paced work environment
Cons
Can take over your life if you let it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Mart. Our community is ready to answer.