Express Packaging Employee Reviews

People are nice
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHJune 22, 2018
You work 10 hours a day 7 days a week. No benefits and no room to grow. If you need a job till you find the right one then this is for you. They have 2 shifts.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Long hours and 7 days a week.
In my time being there, I had the worst experience in. It was I’ve ever had, and I even the word dressed as Lady liberty.
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMay 27, 2018
Their supervisors managers are extremely disrespectful, “ if you don’t want to work go home “ Was what a lot of us heard. My nephew currently still works there, you can’t request days off, and if you do get a point anyway , after 6 you were terminated. Even if you were just one minute late you would get a point. Don’t get me wrong some of the employees are really cool, and one manager was actually really understanding, But in my eyes I highly do not recommend working for this company, the new Philly location that is.
Pros
More than minimum-wage
Cons
Poor management, disrespectful management, Disrespectful Employees who would not receive consequences. “ managers pets “ Extreme favoritism
This job is terrible
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHMay 11, 2018
I was a q.c there management treats u bad a lot of drama favoritism and they act like little kids I won't go back hours were too early or too late they won't give u a day off for family functions they don't care just want to give u a point won't do anything about harassment
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Low wage and not worth the job.
Line Worker/Production (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OhioMay 8, 2018
If you are looking for a job do not even come here. People who like stressful job environments and unfriendly people environment go ahead and work here. They dont even pay you enough for the work you do.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Pay, Unprossional, Terrible Enviroment, and Drama Based
Avrage work day
Packer (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHApril 11, 2018
You'll first clock in then look on whiteboard to see where your at. Then go to that machine then began your shift packing.

I learned there is a lot of product being shipped out of that building.

The management is fairly poor.

This job is a quick pace and long days of work.

Keeping up with the machine is the hardest part.

2am was the most enjoyable part because the day was over with.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fast pace
not worth your time unless its absolutely your last option
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHFebruary 17, 2018
This is a last resort job, you work long days in one spot for minimum pay. It's not a very good work environment, they will hire absolutely anybody with just a simple mouth swap
Great place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHJanuary 24, 2018
I would go back to work there.. great first time job for a young person that is just starting out in the world...great inviorment,good people,good pay
Pros
Great inviorment
Long tedius hours
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHJune 18, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company especially if you are a family orientated person. There really is no time for family or friends if you work for this company.
Hard worker will do any tasks at hand given to me.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  GeorigiaJune 1, 2017
Looking for a honest job, I'll do any task given to me and will do my absolute best to fulfill all jobs given to me and if I do not know how to do it im a very fast learner and will try my hardest to learn something within the first time of being shown.
Strenuous first experience in management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHMay 23, 2017
This job was my first experience in management and was a little stressful. A lot was expected of me in very short amount of time ranging from managing employees to overseeing production to mechanical setup of production lines.

Want to know more about Express Packaging?

Ask a question
Lack of work on several days.
Load Machine/Package Handler/Palletizer (Current Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHMay 17, 2017
Not a place I would consider staying at to support my families income or to pay my bills. Due to the driving to express and often times being sent home.
Pros
When quota is reached for a line we can clock out.
Cons
Insufficient pay for the amount of work we do.
it was repetitive but easy at the same time
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMay 4, 2017
I liked working at express the co workers were great but sometimes it had a toll on the body. It was a good place to work easy money but sometimes we could go an entire week without work that sucked.
Pros
monday through thursday
Cons
repetition
the people there are amazing to work with
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHOctober 25, 2016
I loved going to work and seeing all my coworkers they made the job fun to be there and we always had a blast working together we would tell stories laugh joke but always made sure our job was done right as well
Pros
fun and loving coworkers
Cons
having to leave the job
Kind of a Last Resort Job
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHOctober 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was trying to pay my bills when the factory would make quota earlier in the week and still expect the weekend workers to drive there on Friday or Saturday without telling any of us that there was no one there. My hours were dependent on how well the factory produced and shipped products during the week. Most the people that worked there were felons and there was a lot of harsh, uncomfortable language and activity that went on there. The bosses were unmotivated and rude and did not control the workers that yell at other employees and throw fits. The best part about the job was seeing and being part of the packaging of processed goods. I always wondered how factories worked, and I enjoyed my tasks at work. I inspected products that came through on the conveyor belt, glued and put stickers on damaged boxes, made boxes at a rapid pace, packaged goods, and sealed boxes.
Very long shift
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OHNovember 12, 2015
The shift was long and if you came there and your line was down you got sent home so it was a waste of gas sometimes to drive all the way from your home, especially when u lived in another city.
A normal day at work
line worker (Former Employee) –  Newcomerstown, OhioSeptember 24, 2015
I checked product, packaged the good, and got it all ready for shipping or re-work. We had one hour break for lunch and two 10 minute breaks during the day.
Pros
you could wear shorts in some areas of the factory and you got an hour lunch.
Cons
short breaks and it was a very hot job.
To little money for hard work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 13, 2015
I work at food side for 3 weeks. Was sent home almost everyday for no work. I wish they call before so I don't drive 30 minutes for no reason. I went to truck side and work everyday with good coworkers. Manager is nice. Is better organized. Pay is to little.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
orginize, $$$
Productive fun work place
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Typical day at work I worked on different machines and kept a clean work space. I learned how to shrink wrap different things. Management was great the co workers were great to. The hardest part was not messing up my hands. The best part was I stayed busy.
A lot of drama
Line worker to Manager of a department (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I worked for Express Packaging for 11 years. Came up to management all the way from throwing cardboard into a compactor. After account manager was hired the flow of the company went from being focused on work and pleasing the customers to gossip and drama. I myself come to work to do just that, work. So naturally I often butted heads with them. After my Plant Manager was fired the new Plant Manager was quick to fall to gossip and drama rather then work performance and I was let go as well.

Do not apply for any job in management unless you are prepared to spend most of your day listening to who did this and they did that drama.
Pros
Was once a great company to work for
Cons
Corporate management, High levels of drama
need a better pay and better organization
quality control (Former Employee) –  newcomerstown, ohFebruary 12, 2015
it's been awhile since I've been there but when i was working there, you would check the layout of what line you would be on, if your not on the layout then you have to stay to walk through the factory to see if they need you. if they don't need anyone the rest of the people go home. If you do work, you get on the line and pack whatever the line is running. I've learned how to pack at express fast and how to do team work. express was my first job working in a factory. co workers were a little complicated because some of them didn't speak English. Hardest part of the job is not being able to communicate with everyone when your in charge of the line and drive all the way to work just to get sent home wasting gas. i had to drive 30 minutes to go to work and have got sent home a few times a week. hours vary as well. one week you could work 6 days and next week only 2 days. most enjoyable part was having a job and the people were ok.
Pros
longer breaks, having a job, and the people
Cons
getting sent home before even starting, lack of communication