Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Easy work, but monotonous
Data Entry- Entering (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2018
Great benefits package for a single person. The company is annoyingly lenient on attendance. Its a great place for a technician to learn to input prescription information. The work does get very boring after a few months.
Didnt know their turnover rate until i experienced working there
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 18, 2018
No flexibility or room for growth. Fired cause of the process i needed to go thru to get FMLA. if you're management you're still under a microscope. Usually only people working within the company ALREADY gets hired or promoted
Pros
People
Cons
MUST have a stopwatch for breaks and lunches
Productive and Great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
I love working at Express Scripts. The job is important and essential to many patients and we strive for excellence to serve all of our patient's each and everyday. We are all in for our patients.
Horrible Place to Work
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 17, 2018
This was a horrible job to work for. We had so many screens we had to worry about and they only provided 1 computer monitor for everything. Most jobs I have been in that require many screens for processing give us 2 computer screens to work with.
Good benefits; no job security.
Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  N Versailles, PAOctober 15, 2018
Good job, okay pay nice benefits; no job security. Acquisition company, therefore, always stressed wondering if you will have a job or means to meet your responsibilities.
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 15, 2018
The company was still adjusting on the integration of two companies. I believe at this time, they have iron out all the issues they were having when I was there.
Wonderful Company
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 14, 2018
My time at Express Scripts went very well. I was able to lead a team to complete and pass the certification process for Bayer Inc.

Our filing for the completion of this certification was essential to our corporate initiatives.
Pros
Good, quality Team Enviornmonet
Good traning and feef back
PHD Pharmacy help desk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 13, 2018
Good training and feed back. On how you are doing. Always positive management. Easy to move up if you want to. Fun place to work . very busy. Hardest part is dealing with customers that don't want to listen and they get upset.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Too short of lunches 30minutes isn't long enough for a long day.
Nice place to work
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952October 12, 2018
New patient registration for Medicare Part D, explained benefits and features of different plans available through the program at Express Scripts, and assisted with Rx refills.
Pros
Cares about their employees
Cons
Lack of communication
Customer and Employee focussed
Senior Manager - Client Application Services (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 12, 2018
Express Scripts as a company has a clear vision which is well communicated and embedded within its employees. The top executive take time to meet with employees and keep them motivated. The work at home culture is very effective with a lot of emphasis on team building and building effective quality solutions for customers.
Pros
Work at home culture
Cons
Changing priorities very quickly

Want to know more about Express Scripts?

Ask a question
Can be a fun place, needs better communication and leadership.
Lead Accounting Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 11, 2018
There is no collaboration, management tells you to do something from the higher ups then reverses it constantly. Training is very poor. If they would have the departments work together on issues I think that is would work for everyone and make each team more successful. You are supposed to reach goals that are not obtainable when another team has something you are working on and cannot correct it or ship it in time and it ends up being on you, when you could have worked together and prevented 1/2 of these slip ups.
Communication was the biggest issue they had when i worked there and was a lead.
Pros
They will have birthday months so if its ur birthday can get cake, free coffee, have a lunchroom. Most of the people were extremely nice.
Cons
when reach out to management nothing happens.
Fast paced
Patient Care Advocate/Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2018
Work at home/call center position. Advancement opportunities are limited..shift bids done twice a year based on your performance. Bonuses per performance
Pros
Shift
Summary
Patient Care Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at Express Script for me would be to assist patients with their needs at the pharmacy, I enjoy working with my supervisor as she is eager to assist her employees when they need it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am there to assist the patients with getting their medication.
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
short lunch break
It could have better management.
Pharmacy Help Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2018
I like the job alot. It's the environment in the job. It has alot of favoritism going on in there. Other be than that I luv the place.....I luv the job and different people I talk to everyday. It makes me feel good to know I'm helping someone get their medication....
Cons
Short lunch breaks, not enough pay
Great Experience
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 9, 2018
It has been awhile since I worked with ESI, but I really enjoyed the experience. It was my first pharmacy job and it provided the best foundation in pharmacy I could ask for.

They clearly value their employees. They took time and patience with the training, and provided all the needed resources for success.

At the time, they were beginning many initiatives to improve Culture and Employee Satisfaction. We often had pot lucks, and daily team meetings to ensure clear communication among everyone. They also had a peer recognition program which was a great way to see and acknowledge one another.

This was important to have, especially because starting at the ground level, the work can monotonous and repetitive. Which isn't suited for everyone. But with their efforts to improve the surrounding environment, it made the job worth it.

I wished I could have continued my employment, but had to leave due to moving away from the company. I would certainly re-apply in the future if the timing is right.
not worth it
CPhT Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 8, 2018
no room to grow in company management did not care about anything really just your numbers benefits were good you could listen to your i-pod while working
summary
Production Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJOctober 8, 2018
this is a great company to work for starting with them literally right after school and been with them so long. I'm grateful i found this company at the time i needed it
Poor structure of company
Senior Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2018
Company claims all in for their members, but not the case at all. When system makes error, member is out of medication, there is nothing you can do. Most members in my department were senior citizens on fixed incomes. Very poor structure.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
babysat
Patient Care Advocate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2018
It’s good place to work. They give lots of training and support for employees. Hard for upper movement though. They also give lots of pto and benefits
Pros
Benefits and pto
Cons
Short lunches
stressful environment with unsupportive management
Sr. ASC Prior Authorization (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 6, 2018
Management would not support a conducive work environment for teamwork or improvement. Management would not accept or show concern for improvement in processes or employee concerns for change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight