Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 3,481 reviews matching the search See all 3,542 reviews
fun place to work
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2019
It was a fast paced position, I liked the staff i worked with. Management was very understanding, I never had a problem with my job and the hours was what i needed
n/a
Sr Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 15, 2019
Seem to be constant restructuring which makes little to no feeling of stability.

Love the flexibility and work at home approach.

I need 20 more characters.
Pros
Work at home abiliity
Cons
Feeling of Job Stability
It was a success
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87107March 15, 2019
I worked here to complete my externship 12 years ago. It was a great place to learn and hone in on my skills. I would have liked to stay on working there but it was not a possibility.
Pros
The culture
Good benefits
Cash Office Associate datA entry (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioMarch 14, 2019
First 17 years did check and balance, then due to business needs was moved to header entry the last 2 years. Verifying and entering or updating patient information on
Pros
Clean work environment and the benefits were good
Cons
Hours
n/a
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMarch 12, 2019
its a fast pace work environment , I learned to get familiar with a lot of medications and what they are use for, keeping up with the volume whenever we get a lot of work in
Productive and fun work place with Ping Pong table
Senior Campaign Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 11, 2019
Typical day starts with Agile Daily standup call and start our work. In case of any adhoc issues, based on bandwidth necessary team members will be involved towards resolving the issues. Team is fun to work with and very helpful.
Great Company
RESOULTION TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2019
THe company is great for their PCA, However it appears that the RTL's have been forgotten. It does not make since to be an RTL if PCA are getting paid more.
Pros
work schedules
Cons
Compensation
The experience at express scri was an unforgetable job i was there 25 years and never regretted it at all.
Pharmacy Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 8, 2019
Working at Express scripts was a very unique place to work i did the filling of prescriptions and then the customer service end calling and receiving calls from all over the country ,I worked with a lot of different cultures, people from all around the world .It helped me to become open to there differences. I learned no question is to small and a lot about the health and pharmacy aspects. The management was usually helpful but mostly the Pharmacist would be hands on. The hardest part would be angry and upset doctors or patients regarding there orders which is understandable.I loved my job at this building the area but the job ended in a close.
Pros
Good benefits and good pay.
Cons
Had to work saturdays and evenings.
Great team work atmosphere
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 8, 2019
Great team work atmosphere, The company challenged you be the best and paid you for your dedication to the company. People grow up there and retired from the company happy. But that was when we was still call Medco Health Solutions
Pros
Great pay When they were still Medco
Cons
No windows at the time I was there
worked here for over 6 years
Supervisor Keith Brazil (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INMarch 7, 2019
I was either stupid for staying that long or it wasn't that bad of a place to work. The one thing that was a problem for me was room for all of the drugs that came in on a daily basis.
Terrible company, terrible service to all
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2019
I started the company under ownership of Anthem Insurance in-house pharmacy which was sold to express scripts. The philosophy was so the right thing for the customer. When express scripts took ove the company philosophy took a 180 degree turn. The billing of specialty medicine went after the patient for balances that should have been written off per insurance company contractual agreement among other things.
Pros
On-site cafeteria
Cons
Terrible company business model
Typical Corporate Job
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2019
Typical corporate job, a lot of politics, lacked transparency throughout the recruiting process. The benefits are great, some managers are flexible with your work schedule.
pharmacy production clerk
Pharmacy Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2019
The pay and benefits were good. I liked working the four 10 hour days, but when I first started the only days available were Saturday-Tuesday which make family/work life balance difficult.
productive
Pharmacy Care Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2019
The culture was diverse. The employees worked together. Management was approachable. Able to experience other job careers and opportunity to improve on your job skills
Pros
onsite cafe
esi
Express Scripts Manage Care Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2019
is a great place to work I loved manage-care hours where perfect. Managers where great. The pay was a little to low for job requirements but they do offer a bonus program
Very stressful
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 5, 2019
Typical call center environment, extremely high call volume, very stressful. No advancement options, no future, extremely demanding with little or no concessions for personnel, Management is unyielding with respect to giving
I should’ve listened to the reviews for this place
Pharmacy Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 4, 2019
This review is only for the dept I worked in. That dept is a MESS! Coming in they were hiring big groups of people. About 95% of that dept consisted of the new hires. And one by one sometimes by 2 they left. We were lied to in our interviews about how the work would be as well as the treatment. They treat you like high school children. They discriminate and target only people of color. The training is HORRIBLE but they expect you to do top notch work. They do things backwards and harder. The work environment is dark and unhappy. Management, don’t get me started on that! I only worked there for 4 months and witnessed and experience what they people who have been there for years have. Nobody is happy in that dept which is why the turnover rate is so high. And now there’s only about 12 new people left out of there being over 30 new hires since Nov. The only good thing about this place is the weekly pay and you do gain some experience in the pharmacy world. If you do decide to work here do not work in the TRC with Gaps in Car dept.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else you could think of
Management and company lack priority and flexibility
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2019
During my employment ESI was considered an infant company. Prior to my employment, senior management had no accountability for IT projects and budget.
I created a process review board to monitor the projects and associated budget for all IT initiatives.
Prior to this review board, the each of the IT organizations over exceeded their own budget.
Following my process IT came in under budget, without affecting normal business flow.
Pros
working one on one with senior staff to understand their priorities.
Cons
lack of accountability prior to my process
A nice place to work while you figure things out.
Patient Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 1, 2019
This should not be a long term place you work in, unless your the manager or a hire up. The diversity was great. As long as you do your job well, it is secure. Awesome benefits, however, there's lots you will be responsible for and the pay doesn't reflect it. It can be super stressful and tedious at time, but it is a well pace place to work.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
The wage
The Bonus
Prior Authorization Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2019
Lack of training in new department. I use to be a clerk and had to switch to the department of defense and it was ok but it was no enough training so that's why I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Express Scripts.

Powered by Comparably