Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,110 reviews matching the search See all 3,149 reviews
ESI is a terrible place to work. Management is awful
Pharmacy clerk/Cell leader (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INAugust 18, 2018
Management is driven only by performance. Yearly bonus is pathetic. Supervision is a joke. Raises are terrible, and workers are punished or terminated abruptly for very minor offenses, such as dress code.
Hard working team in a fast paced-environment
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2018
Express Scripts was a good company to work at. It was fast-paced environment with constant change. The local management team was dedicated to their teams and always focused on doing what was right for the patient. Benefits and salaries were great.
Didn't Work There Long
Associate IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
I only worked at Express Scripts for a short time, as the job was more entry level and I was ready to move on to a job that was more challenging. I did like the environment at the time I worked there.
Really enjoyed me time at Express Scripts
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed my time working at Express Scripts and really had an outstanding boss and great peers! If our site hadn't shut down which forced me to leave, I would have preferred to stay on with the company.
Pros
Great work/life balance and great team!
Cons
Long term uncertainty due to recent Cigna aquisition
Accredo Specialty Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2018
AWESOME people and work place.....it was a true experience, connecting with the patients and making sure they had everything they needed for their healing journey
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 16, 2018
Good company, work life balance. Flexible Hours. Training and development offered to maximize job potential. Great leadership opportunities. Good company culture.
The people you work with are great..... just wish the pay was increased.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Byfield, MAAugust 16, 2018
Pay should be increased. There is a lot to know and learn. It's also very stressful. The pay needs to be increased. Theres only so many hours in a day.
Pros
Buy Pizza every now and again.. Birthday Cake to celebrate monthly
Cons
The breaks go by too fast, lunch is not long enough.
Very Disorganized
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 15, 2018
Would not recommend as a place of employment, the management was very clicky and there was no room for advancement. THe benfits were excellent our office closed down and there was no where to go.
n/a
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 14, 2018
The management of the company could have been a lot better. Decent pay and prior customer service knowledge helped me to deal with the constant changes of my job
I worked in Express Scripts as a contractor.
Project Manager / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 14, 2018
I began with Express Scripts during their transition period from Medco. Many employee terminations. The team that we reported to was located in St Louis.
Express Scripts Rocks!
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 14, 2018
I loved my 8 plus years with Express Scripts. I unfortunately moved to Florida and regretting leaving such an awesome position. I wish I would of stayed and retire with this company. I was alway treated fairly with this company.
Pros
raises, work life balance, able to work form home
Tough Place to Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
Long hours, revolving door within all levels of leadership top to bottom making for a cut throat work environment focused on building a name for yourself. All Manager and Supervisor levels are squeezed between hourly and Director and above without a voice making it a tough place to stay, contribute and grow.

Lots of things to learn but overshadowed by poor company culture and leadership. The company culture has potential if all employee levels are valued.
Pros
Pay well and good benefits
Cons
Lots of meetings and emails. Very slow follow through and follow up
Good benefits and paid time off programs
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INAugust 13, 2018
Express Scripts is a good company to start out in for entry level employees. Not much opportunity to advance for change shifts especially if you are in middle to upper management.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Opportunities
Warrendale's A/E team
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 13, 2018
The A/E team was amazing! I enjoyed working with my team members and I learned a lot about A/E's from truly dedicated individuals. Kerry's hands-off approach made you feel like an actual adult who's capable of making informed decisions.
hated it
PCA (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, GAAugust 12, 2018
They're beyond strict & often times unreasonable. There's so many rules that even managers don't know what to do some of the time. There is so many calls coming through you are always stressed. The 2 15 min breaks arent nearly enough because of how fast paced the calls are being back to back. Horrible. Barely anybody stays employed here they all leave. Hardly anybody moves up in the company from a PCA.
Pros
pto, 2 breaks
Cons
unpaid lunch, low pay, stressful
Very productive fun and diversity corporation to work.
Client Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, MOAugust 11, 2018
Express Scripts was a corporation that assist customers with home delivery with 90 day prescription. I really enjoyed helping customers setup their mail order profile and refill their 90 day supply of medication over the phone.
Pros
Coupons, bonus and etc.
Ok
Eligibility Specialist/Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2018
They were an ok place to work for even though I couldn't work the hours that were being requested to work I had school and they didn't work with my schedule so I had to find something else.
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 10, 2018
work environment is monotonous, high volume, high quota. Volume, volume, quota, quota, performance review, performance review, higher and higher volume.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Had great break area and work area
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 9, 2018
Was a good place to work. Gave impression they cared about employees. Great training. Had different lunch vendors. Made sure to give weekly coaching to improve your performance.
my over view
Port St. Lucie - Prescription Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLAugust 9, 2018
great company to work for , great benefits and room to move up constantly changing work atmosphere and pot lucks and over good environment for a person to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight