Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 3,351 reviews matching the search See all 3,397 reviews
pretty good benefits
Pharm Benefit Specialist/ Prior Authorization Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin, & Mason, OHDecember 13, 2018
constantly taking calls, one right after another with only seconds between calls. Fairly easy to explain pharmacy benefits to mbr & to get them to convert their maintenance meds to mail order 90 day supply, since 95% of the time it saves them money. So with the conversions you get a monthly bonus. They have had several management and structuring of the whole company, reason for my lay-off. They were bought out by officially effective 1/1/19, they did lose a very big insurance co account. They are hiring again, but only thru a temp agency at the present time. I was a direct hire. Healthcare is a good benefit for employees
Project Manager / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2018
Great place to work. Good working environment. Management is very cooperative with the team members.
Get to work on current technologies, so that can improve our skill while on the job.
Corporate Culture was not conducive to career development
Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2018
Corporate Culture was not conducive to career development. Work/life balance was not a considerations; management did not promote career development nor advancement.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Corporate Culture was not conducive to career development
production
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014December 12, 2018
its easy work if you a quick learner , and you have patience cause you may get a call from a angry pt or doctor and you have to know have to help them without making them more angry just working with these to try and get the problem solve
Overworked, challenging, Underpaid, Poor Management
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2018
Favoritism can be found here which will determine if you get close to 40 hours per week; typical day at work is stressful in a productive, call center environment, management is always changing, and pay is not good. Don't bother bringing up ideas for effective ways of doing your job better as management does not care
Productive and performance driven
Resolution Team Lead/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 10, 2018
I learned how to perfect my phone skills and was closely monitored how we handled escalations. A typical day could consist of logging in, then getting continual calls for associate resolution answers and customer escalations. An escalation call would normally take 10 to 20 mins or more The hardest part of the job would be remaining calm when callers are very irate.
Pros
pay rate, relaxed environment, management styles
Cons
advancement opportunities, management styles
Great Company! Pay was average, yearly bonuses!
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2018
Good company. Advanced easily until I plateaued quickly. Not much room to advance unless you want to become a people leader. Much more responsibility, not much more pay. Great team dynamic. I should have never left.
Lots of overtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2018
It;s a pretty decent company to work for, if you're into the call center gigs. I know know they have opportunities for work from home and offer tons of over time.
Pros
over time, work environment, meet new people
Cons
change of shift to frequently, management
Friendly environment
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 8, 2018
Express Scripts was a very friendly work environment with different activities to try and make the job enjoyable. It was very difficult to handle patients that were either irate or very upset with whatever issues they may have been having, but very rewarding when able to fix the issue. It is very unfortunate that the Pueblo, CO office was closed.
work place culture
PHARMACY PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJDecember 5, 2018
Good place to work, you meet a lot of friendly people and there is opportunities as far as growing with the company and the benefits is pretty amazing too .
Very Nice Atmosphere
Member Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 4, 2018
Very quiet workplace. Co-workers are very supportive. Express Scripts has a very polished work flow. The management team is very responsive to thoughts and suggestions.
Fun place
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2018
Will recommend this work place. Nice and beautiful.
Multicultural work place. Accessible to the freeway.
Fun work place. Met a lot of great people while there
miss my co-workers
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, we were one big family at express scripts, I looked forward to coming to work just to see everyone.
laid off due to mass lay-off w/ 400 + others
Cons
short lunch, decent healthcare
Nice workplace
ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 2, 2018
There are many different departments to work in. The opportunity for growth within the company is there if you're a hardworker and would like to grow in the company.
Leaning
Sr Intervention Tech, Copay Tech (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2018
Learned many things about medications and calculations. How to read a prescription and what medical terms mean and how to use them. How to work in a face paced environment.
Provided a professional work place
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 1, 2018
They sought to take care of their patients needs. They sought to provide necessary tools and programs for their employees to satisfy their patients needs.
Productive is a fast paced environment we’re you learn hands on things everyday.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, MONovember 30, 2018
Be safe.
Work well with other
Clean up after yourself
Work together as a team player
Being respectful of others and there space
Express scripts is an Friendly environment
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lunch not being free
Not The Best Place To Work
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 29, 2018
A typical day at work was very stressful because the training was very poor. I learned a lot about mail order prescriptions and prescription drug coverage.

The manager was okay. She introduced her self during my training and I would see her walking around occasionally but that was it.

The work place culture was too laid back. The dress code need to be improved but most of the people were very nice; and there were a lot of activities for days that were recognized during each month and for the holidays. And there was also information tables on different aspects of the company.

The hardest part of the job was trying to learn a lot information by memory and taking notes at the same time; and keeping up with the production guidelines with the training that was given . It was a bit too demanding.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the trainer I met, some of the SME's and the other people I met in my training class. I developed two (2) new friends from it.
Pros
Most of the people there were very nice!!
Cons
The company need to seriously invest in a better training method and materials
You get paid just a bit more, to suffer a longer, more miserable fate.
Prescription Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 29, 2018
Express Scripts is like many other companies I have worked for in a similar capacity: Constantly changing schedules, production goals, pay rates and management. Nothing was stable- the job I was assigned was changed within less then a year. (the entire department) Going from constant outbound cold calls to providing "patient services"because of a lack of ability to continue to make OVERWHELMING profit each quarter. The culture is competitive at best, toxic at worst. Bonuses were constantly kept at arms reach and incentives were few, other then some candy or nominative trinket with the companies logo plastered on it, Overall- not worth the effort to apply- no real upward movement.
i worked their 17 years
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2018
at the beginning of my employment it was fun and enjoyment just as they grew it didn't become as enjoyment i say when i came down with cancer they were their but they still was about business . i started as a customers service then went to the mail room it was fast pace until they lost few contracts the harfdest was when i had to meant a quota most what i enjoy when the stress was taken off i could go do my just to my best
Pros
back you up gave you support if you needed it
Cons
expect perfect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Express Scripts.

Powered by Comparably