Express

United States2,258 reviews

Found 2,258 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,365 reviews
clotheretaildiscountfashionstoreclothingassociatesale

Cool play

It was pretty good. Fine job as a high schooler or college student. It's retail so you'll have to deal with annoying customers. but overall, everyone is pretty chill

It was fun until it wasn't

Everything was great until about a year later after working there we got new management, and everything went downhill. Very fast paced especially around the holidays.

Express insights

Based on 1,165 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Heavy work load

Too much work and not enough support from corporate. Since I left the company 5 years ago store management has changed several times. It seems things have not improved if they can't keep people.

Productive and fun place to work

Leaving this job was hard, the culture is great and I felt supported by my team. The only reason I left was because I was going through a life/career change! :)

Great to gain experience

Solid position if wanting to get started in sales or just retail in general. Will work long hours if needed and pay is usually minimum wage but can easily work up if working hard.

It’s okay

Definitely a nice art tile job. Easy work, great coworkers, nice environment. Pay or play but no holiday bonus or incentives. Management isn’t the greatest.

Proceed with caution

It was ok but it really depends on the store. Management styles differ from location to location. Requesting weekends off was always hard as well since those are the busiest days. They don’t like when you call out.

Toxic environment

The environment is very toxic. Managers lack communication with associates and other managers. Store managers only care about themselves. All they care about is credit and meeting sale goals. How fair is it that store managers get weekends off while other managers work their buts off and don’t get a weekend off. We are never appreciated.

Cool

Fun job, I worked there during vivid so it was a bit chaotic. Only downside I would say is the pay considering they have you doing a little bit of everything.

Fun

Very fun to work love to work there good for first job need it have a wonderful day I just need to write more so sorry you can stop reading now have a good

Low paying job for hours of hard work

Although the discount was nice, it was tons of standing and walking and dealing with customers who could sometimes be unreasonable. Some managers were great, and others not so much.

Bad Place to work

Really bad place to work, really bad Store Manager, bad pay, don't really learn anything. Nobody really works, nobody really cares about the people. And it gets boring doing the same thing over and over again, not challenging at all.

Good

Great place to work I loved every part of working there. If I had to choose I would go there. Best discounts plus the bonus of it is being in a relaxed environment

Fun workplace

Fast past and fun work environment. Managers were excellent and involved. You can grow in this company and take on additional roles. I would recommend this as a first time job in retail.

Fun coworkers terrible management

They expect you to have no boundaries and will constantly push whatever little boundaries you have. If you’re great at the job they make you do the job of 3 people while giving others so much slack

Not the best

I did not working there, they only cared about credit cards and adding stress to the staff and I felt I wasn’t even treated like a human being at all. Do not recommend

Great place

Great place to work. Nice atmosphere and really nice coworkers. Can see myself retiring from here one day. Management is cool just do your work and you will be ok

Good job if you like retail sales.

I worked for this company part time while in a school than slowly advanced up to management. Great training classes and retreats for store managers.

Rude and unhelpful management

They barely train you but expect you to be able to jump right into every task even when you have never been properly prepared for it. Certain management gives attitude and will humiliate you if you ask a question or need clarification. Some co workers made it manageable, but overall it was a bad experience. I went in there with my best attitude every shift but I learned that no one there has your back, even in front of customers. I was main cashier for many of my shifts in a row and backup was barely there. Management got annoyed when I needed them to do something on the register yet they just stand around and talk; and again they barely train you on the register so for a lot of it you’re left clueless. They make snarky comments to workers doing their job. The pay is not worth the mental toll it takes and I’m glad I left.

Stressful when understaffed

Tends to work store managers without overtime pay over 40h a week, which led to our store not having a manager for 3 months and constant coercing and unfair pressure from managers from other stores to work open to close days from associates.

This place sucks the life out of you

supervisor barely there, at all even. Management kind of sucks no one takes you seriously and no one cares about you or your privacy. And the toxic environment melts you ,the only thing I found enjoyable about this job was my break

Pros

Discounts in the mall, my break and going home

Cons

Pay, Unfair Co-workers, Customers think your there slave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Express.
Powered byComparably

Compare Express with

Express reviews by popular job title

• Express
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?