Express Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 20, 2018
You have to work way too much for way too little compensation. This company has no value for its long standing employees, asking them to step down whenever they decide they don't like them. The clothes and discounts are good but there are some terrible people running this company.

Challenging work environment in that they do not give you the tools to succeed and then ask you to get everything with half the time it would actually take.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 13, 2018
The managers are awesome! Very helpful and flexible !
The managers really wanted us to advance to hire position and definitely trained us to their fullest potential!
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Fellow employees were very friendly and welcoming. Customer service skills improved due to this job. Management was not too considerate of the associates' schedules outside of working, this includes school or a family emergency.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Little to no hours due to so many employees, minimum pay
Fun place to work as a student.
Store Detective Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Great entry level job to work for experience in customer service and relations.
Most enjoyed meeting new friends on the job.
Management can sometimes be stressful due to sales pressures.
Pros
Constantly on pace with fashion trends.
Cons
Work on many holidays.
I had a horrible manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PASeptember 10, 2018
I believe my time at Express would have been better off if we had had a better management team. One didn't care about anything going on in the store, another cared WAY too much and drove us all mad, and another one you could walk all over and acted more like a timid mouse than a manager. Overall, in my short time with the company, I recognized the decline in the product quality and the rise of prices.
Contract Labor
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2018
Typical day you come in and find your orders to be delivered. Sometimes it's ready most times not. Didn't really teach me anything. Your given your paperwork and have to deliver to homes and businesses. The hardest part of the job was when they sent you out of your delivery area. Best part was you work by yourself on the deliveries.
They need to pay more
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 2, 2018
Loved most of my co-workers and manager! Loved the discount although I heard that they recently lowered it...which sucks because they pay just a little over minimum wage to start. The pay is one of the down falls of working for this company, its not enough. I was promoted to sales lead (manager) and was getting paid $10.75!!! which is a joke. But I took it because I was in college and it was the only job that would work with my class schedule. The other major down fall is that there was little to no positive reinforcement from the higher ups but there sure was a lot of feedback.
Its retail
Advanced Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHAugust 31, 2018
it'll suck you in and you won't get out and the pay sucks. The environment is okay though. I like my coworkers. Heavy emphasis on opening credit cards.
Pros
40% off
Cons
short break, low pay, low hours
Boring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 30, 2018
I worked here because I thought that retail experience would be beneficial in the fashion industry. While I still believe that to be true, the mall was always dead and management was changing. Since I was one of the few neat and organized employees they asked me to do shipment a lot. Saying that the trusted that I would do it right. It just wasn't really what I was expecting. I wanted more sales experience and to help style customers.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 29, 2018
The team was very enthusiastic, i loved working on 42 and dressing up the manicans. Have a great manager team as well. Would recommend others to work there.
temporary job
Stylist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 29, 2018
Providing fashion advice; choosing and coordinating outfits adding props and accessories, Solving billing problems and handled customer inquiries; responsible for balanced cash draw at close of shift, Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business, Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements Management was excellent they alway made sure there employees did their job and if needed assistance helped out.
Co-Manager
Talent Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company as well. However, due to circumstances and outgrowing my field, I left the company and moved across the country to pursue other opportunities.
A job for less bills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Express is a good place to work part time as a second job. As a only job you get no hours whatsoever and can only go off call ins. You don’t get paid much either. Tends to get boring on a slow day as you have nothing to do but refold over and over when done with everything else.
Pros
Relaxed environment, fun coworkers
Cons
No benefits, no hours
Productive fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 26, 2018
If you go to school or simply have another job they're great with hours, really flexible. Fun and exciting work environment, also a great place to keep you looking trendy.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours of work, and short breaks
Fun Place To Work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Express. My coworkers were fun. I really liked both of the managers I had at Express. The clothes are great though priced a bit high. Luckily, we got a 30% discount.
Pros
Discount, Manager
Work Day
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
My typical workday required me to style customers for any summer events they had to attend too.

I learned that most women do not know what type of clothing or colors work best for their body shape, which is why it is like my second nature to know what looks flattering on a woman to make her look and feel beautiful.
Great environment
Sales Associate/Stylist/ Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2018
Its fast paced so there's always something to do which makes the day go by faster. The workers are friendly and lively which makes work kinda fun. Expect to be always on your feet and be very social throughout.
worst company i ever worked at
laboer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2018
management are busy competing against each other to care about the employees. theres no help when you need it, people are constantly calling in sick, so you have to pick up the slack. benefits are not good, they only cover 40% and you have to pay the rest. the only people advancing in this company are the office people. the people who are actually putting in sweat and tears in production are getting ignored.
Pros
Cons
everything
Alright
Express Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
It a good job if you going to school but if you working there for living then you won’t make it but the managers and my team members were great that all that cam with the job other than that I wouldn’t recommend working there
Functional
Data Entry and Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 20, 2018
This is a staffing agency that just sends people out to work in menial offices with menial people with menial pay. This area is not conducive to anything but more menial living. Move away and enjoy life elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Express.