Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,456 reviews matching the search See all 1,542 reviews
Structures
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 18, 2019
This place was a great place to go after working in a hectic retail store before. It’s more structure and more controlled. It’s a great place to work but it’s time for something new
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 17, 2019
I absolutely enjoyed working for Express. The fashion is great and so is the team you work with. I recommend this job to all who are interested. The money was great as well.
Place sucked.
Advanced Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2019
Management is so terrible that nobody lasts. Starting pay was terrible until you moved up.
Never left on time.
Managers opened late all the time.
Nobody trains you. You have to figure everything on your own, and the manager threatens to fire you for everything.
Working there reminded me of highschool. All the managers just gossiped about everyone all day. They only worked when corporate came in.
Understaffed.
Terrible expierence. And the discount wasn’t even allowed to be used on all promotions.
Pros
Worked at the mall so a lot of food options.
Cons
Short breaks. Pay. Management.
Cut throat
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2019
No matter what they always side with the client even with proof provided by the associate. Doesnt matter the situation, if the client wants you gone then you are gone
Job was a bit biased.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Management showed a lot of favoritism. Certain staff members were able to do whatever they wanted, others were forced in front to greet and clean. Some of the corporate staff were very unfriendly. Made work a difficult and sometimes unpleasant place to be.
Pros
Decent hours.
Cons
Very biased
Great first job with lots of learning opportunities
Manager/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Express coached me on many work basics and then some. The company afforded many chances for promotions and added responsibilities. Most locations focused on team building which added to the work environment in a positive way.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, long hours
great sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Express is a fun place to work to sell clothes although the some managers need to be taught both people and managing skills. While it is great to meet people and sell the product it can be very difficult as a student to maintain this job during the holiday season. During the rest of the year, it is impossible to keep up with daily expenses such as gas and basic bills. There are no opportunities for advancement and this is just a basic job to get you just enough money to cover a pair of jeans, which you are forced to wear.
Pros
teaches people skills
Cons
no insurance/healthcare
Very Exceptional Company
Job Security/Advancement - 5 stars
Management - 5 stars
Job Culture - 5 stars
Productive good environment
Backroom and replenishing Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Dj niemeyer best manager ever but after she left the stores production dropped. She is one the best motivating managers ive ever had the pleasure of working for
Pros
Good clothes good vibes
Cons
Holidays are hectic
I love working for Express
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I feel in love with Express clothes so much that I applied to work for the store near me. I truly believe that my job makes a difference in Express because I love my job and it can be seen by others.
Pros
Free lunches, great discounts, amazing teammates, great management team!
Cons
Short breaks
no review
Various Temporary Positions (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILJanuary 8, 2019
this is a temporary agency, i was aligned to different positions. i worked at various companies. My day varied based on the job that i was required to do.
Obtaining new opportunities
Manager associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Working at EXPRESS gave me a great opportunity at first. Then as the holidays came about, work started slowing down. I need a long term job i can call home!
Pros
Great environment and work experience
Cons
Short breaks, very little hours
A Typical Day At Express
Sales Lead/ Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 7, 2019
A Typical Day At Express was Wonder. I love The Customer I Love helping the customer Find exactly what they where looking for being able to see them smile was everything i wanted.
great summer job!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 27, 2018
I worked at express for a summer away from college and they were very flexible with scheduling, management seemed to have a good hold over operations, and they knew how to communicate with staff in a way conducive to a good work environment.
About Express
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 11, 2018
When I worked at Express, I started to gain a lot of pace with being swift on my feet. I learned to move quick and solid with my customers and I learned to love my job.
Express
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 8, 2018
Working there was very intresting. I was able to work the schedule I wanted. It was a lot of work to do during your scheduled times. I will say that the company is all about its customers.
Work jobber - provides labor to local companies
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTDecember 6, 2018
Express is a work jobber providing workers to local companies, it isn't itself a company that produces a product. Employment there is temporary and depends on what local companies need.
Pros
Usually has work
Cons
Temporary
Excellent!!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRNovember 29, 2018
It's a great experience to anyone who loves customer service and fashion looks. Pleasant, fun and challenging work environment. They create opportunities for growth and constant learning. You have the opportunity to learn everything you want. Management attentive and willing to teach and share feats.
Bad Company for a Plus-Size Newcomer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 27, 2018
I feel as though I was hired to make it appear as though there was a diversity in body types, despite the fact that they did not sell over a size 10-12 in store. I had a very demanding school schedule when I began working, and despite giving the manager a schedule with almost all of my free time, she still scheduled me to work on days/hours I had explicitly noted that I was not available. There are very much sales-first. I was a greeter almost every shift, which meant I had to go to every single customer and deliver the 5-minute welcome speech, and was reprimanded if I missed someone, no matter how busy the store was or how much I had to mention to each customer. There was very little opportunity to learn. I was never formally trained on anything and instead was just thrown into different positions. It was assumed I'd know what was going on, and I was made to feel as though I wsa inconveniencing others when I needed assistance.
You get a card that all of your wages go on automatically. The first use of the card is free, and you have to pay a fee for each additional use.
Fast efficient customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 27, 2018
A typical day at work consists of engaging in conversation with prospective buyers. Maintaining a home feel environment in the workplace by stocking merchandise. Ask customers if they need help finding their size. Keeping the shelves neat and organized. An upbeat energetic vibewith a be postive mindset. Sweep floors, charge at cash out . Hang new shipments from back on floor.
Pros
break time
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight