Express Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,082 reviews matching the search See all 1,156 reviews
Fun and educational
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 17, 2018
The store is always packed, which helps you learn to adapt to any situations and how to handle them. Management is usually helpful. Staff and other associates are always welcoming and fun to work with.
Pros
store discounts, no problems when you have to take time off, managers keep you on your toes
Cons
will keep you until really late hours for the store's benefit, short breaks, managers attitudes
Professional place with character building opportunities.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
Definitely was a good experience. Allows you to interact with many customers daily ever few minutes to improve your social and job skills. Fun workplace and the professional attire is great.
Pros
Discounts on formal clothing.
Cons
parking
fun music and style
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 15, 2018
Was a great experience as the manager. I had a great group of girls and the clothes were the best back then! We had to wear the latest fashion which was not a problem with the store discount. My assistants were of great help and we all got to travel to Kansas City for additional training. The benefits were great too!
Pros
style, college town
Cons
long holiday hours
Fairly positive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 13, 2018
I worked at one of the highest rated Express stores in the region. Work was very straightforward and about exactly what you'd expect. The coworkers were nice and friendly and would occasionally have out-of-work hang out days to spend time together outside of work. The management when I worked there were very understanding and cared about the store. There was one manager, however, that had it out for me and to this day I have no idea why. She would make my days difficult and had me do everyone else's work along with my own as well as staying well past my shifts. Aside from her, the management was great.
Pros
Efficient
Cons
On your feet all day. Occasional sudden schedule changes.
not a good paying job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 13, 2018
i was only making 7.30 an hour and i was there for a year.i was not happy working there for that reason so i was looking for another job that paid more.
Pros
discount on there food
Cons
short breaks
its fun retail
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 6, 2018
employee discount is ok but you cant use it on certain things. they pay minimum wage and other retailers pay more. a fun environment to work in and you can move up pretty easily. they give lots of award certificates.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
great place to work
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 2, 2018
This is where i able to work and went to school. The hours are flexible. The company also provided training that really helped me. Additionally, the managers are great
Very mean and rude management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 17, 2018
very rude and mean management with crew members also with customers, they don’t pay enough for what they make you do, they expect too much from employees !
Part time while in college- Sales associate
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 17, 2018
Like any other retail job. You only make enough to pay your phone bill. If you have real bills don't work here. If you need pocket change and you like express clothing and just want the discount go for it.
Pros
discount
Cons
less than 20 hours
Not a good work experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 16, 2018
I had an issue with the manager giving away my hours. The staff was unprofessional and often involved in drama. They did not mention or offer any opportunities for advancement.
Nice family connection
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJune 14, 2018
The managers and other coworkers were caring and understanding of everyone. However, I did not get a lot of work hours so I'd only make about 50 every two weeks. If you put in a lot of hours and like to dress nice then this is for you.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not a lot of hours
Fun to work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stocker/sfs (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2018
Amazing place best place to work at I think it is amazing to be working there they are very flexible with your work and school or anything else it’s amazing
Cool place.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2018
This job was perfectly fine. There's not much space to advance and the pay kind of sucks compared to other retail stores in the same mall. Management was cool.
Pros
Random Rewards
Cons
Low pay
It was a great job.
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 7, 2018
Just needed better compensation for management. They were a very good company to work for, They treated me well. Just wish they paid more for the hours put in.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Hourly compensation
Hard work at lazy boy but fun .love to build things
Lazyboy (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, TN 37854June 6, 2018
Through Express I got job at lazyboy. Good place to work had to drive about 45 minutes . Besides that it's good
They had a training program there. Really helped me to build better backs and arm's for chairs . But got on the main floor I had hard time because I was building different backs and arms
Fun and co-workers and managers are nice and flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 5, 2018
Great job for teens. Managers are usually flexible about scheduling. Great employee discount and great starting pay. CEO visits regularly and says hi or makes a purchase. Well organized store.
Ehhh
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 5, 2018
The wages are low but it’s a fun place to work. It’s good for a first job or for someone with little to no responsibilities. I feel like the selling motive wasn’t about the customers most of the time.
Always something to do, slow pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
I don’t know much about the company. I’m still getting used to working there and how things are done. It’s harder to do so when you are barely scheduled.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 31, 2018
Everything was pretty great. The managers were easy to talk to. They were understanding. Very well organized. Knew what goal was every day. Never had any issues getting what I needed to help me exceed the goal.
Energetic workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 26, 2018
This is a job where you are on your feet every second you are on the clock. The job itself is whatever you make of it. If you come in with poor energy than you will have a poor time. High energy people are what they are looking for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Express.

Powered by Comparably