Express Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,061 reviews matching the search See all 1,130 reviews
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMay 18, 2018
Welcomed customers to the store and answered their queries. Assessed customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features. Organized and restocked shelves.
Management and Product Quality
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 14, 2018
I started off with a great manager who was dedicated to the staff and the store, who left for another store, their replacement didn't care how the store was ran and thus the sales associates took all of the workload on themselves and it was a dysfunctional mess. I loved the vibe and style but in my short time there I saw a decline in the product quality.
mostly slow paced environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMay 14, 2018
this job is pretty boring. most of the people who come in do not even buy anything. the managers are constantly nagging you to straighten up shelves that are already fixed. people will steal your sales from you. they do not pay enough and they barely give out hours yo new employees.
summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 13, 2018
The managment team was decent execute for a few of the managers, but it was a job that was fast paced and they expected good result to help the company grow.
inconstant schedule and low pay
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 11, 2018
up sale! up sale! up sale! I have work with the Express company for 10 years and there is no room for advance growth. The job promotes with in only when someone quits and is no longer working for that position. You have to earn your hours by meting your sale quota for the department your working in. and you must open up a lot of credit card accounts 2 a day to beat sales quota. that the only way for management to see your performance and to get you more hours. you must bring in at least 256.00 to the cash wrap each hour. to hit quota, if you are not sale to each customer you are not working. you must stress the promotion to every single customer. after all the hard work you do not get any % bonus only a hourly check and a very small discount when you buy the merchandise for full price. yes the cheep clothing prices are high.
Pros
small employee discount
Cons
no career advancement
Love
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
Can't wait to come back to the workplace. Everyone is close, but we are serious about our work. No hardships with any co-workers, but have to be willing to get everything done
Good College Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 9, 2018
I worked during college and made very little money and had close to no hours. It was super fun to work there, drama free, and great employee discount, but definitely wouldn't be somewhere I would work for a full time job.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Little pay, not any benefits
Great place to work, great discount, room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2018
Great place to work, room for advancement, great merchandise, great discounts to the store as well as to sister stores. Work schedule varies, need more vacation & sick days, work to home balance not good, lots of deadlines to me, stressful.
Cute workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 8, 2018
Great workplace! All workers were super nice and friendly, but there was not much room for advancement and not a fast enough work pace for me except for around the holidays.
I didn't work there for long
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 8, 2018
I worked at EXPRESS as a second job. I needed some extra money. I only worked 1 day a week which the manager told me was normal. I quit after a month and a half because I couldn't just work 1 day a week. It wasn't worth it.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable work place
Express clothing store (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2018
The overall job was fun, the manager and my coworkers were very nice. They only bad thing about the job is that they dont give enough hours. Best part about the job was associating with customers
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent place to work
Merchant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2018
Excellent place to work. Sound business strategy, ideas are heard, executive team is approachable. Depends on who you work for and what function you work in if your work/life balance is appropriate, but overall it's much better than in the past. Would recommend completely.
Pros
approachable executive committee, creative jobs, stable company
Cons
benefits are tough for parents (aka maternity/paternity leave), pay is a little low competitively for other Columbus companies.
Express was a fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 3, 2018
Working at Express taught me how to be quick, customer service skills. The hardest part was dealing with customers that didn't speak the same language,
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, and not enough hours
It was a good place to find starting positions
Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 25, 2018
Over all Express is a reasonable place to work however, it's usually temporary positions and not long time career opportunities unless you get luck with your out souring company.
Productive place to work and really nice people I love it there!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 24, 2018
The hardest part of the job is getting people to sign up for credit cards because a lot of people say no and the manager are on you for that but other than that the environment is fantastic. I love all the managers they are fun!
Experience at Express
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 20, 2018
Worked at a fast pace, during peak holiday season. A lot of chaos, but was fun, if you made it fun. Managers did their best to make sure everyone was happy and comfortable.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed working there but I had to move away I would work there again for sure I would in a heart beat hopefully one day in the future I can work for them again
Great business with bad management.
Part-time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 15, 2018
The pay was awful but I loved my team. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. The only issue I really had was the store managers. None of them were worthy of the position. There were always issues with their lack of management skills.
Production not a fun work place
Kraft/ express (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 11, 2018
Macho operation. Looked over palitizer every time it broke down I had to fix it. Some times boxes would fall over while the machine was trying to stack them on pallet. Another problem was, the computer my malfunction and I had to go in and reset the computer.
Good pay /nice co-workers
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow,kyApril 11, 2018
I didn't work there long so I don't really know what to say but I remember I liked my job and the only reason I quit is because I had to relocate. I was placed at the Sun factory and did really well
Pros
Weekly pay /easy going management
Cons
Not enough work/schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Express.

Powered by Comparably