Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,432 reviews matching the search See all 1,517 reviews
its an ok job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLNovember 12, 2018
The manager is young, and new to the leading role. so there was a lot of back and forth between the other customer rep. The main manager kept talking about his old store I guess he felt nostalgia. They break there day into segments, and if you have the morning segment, and the customers that walk in arent converted into sales, you later have to explain why you didn't make that segment. Its retail.
Pros
you have a job.
Cons
the discount doesn't really help much.
it was a great intro to retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 11, 2018
I liked working at the express I was in, the staff was friendly and it was a great first job! The hardest part would be to upsell to customers, and catch shoplifters.
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
i would work here again or refer anyone looking for a retail job for the first time to work here. Its fun and helps you tackle the main goals you'll find at your everyday business.
not the best working place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILNovember 9, 2018
i dont recommand this place the pay rate is very low and the discount is okay you get 40% but thats about it other places in that mall be having better pay rate
Pros
discount
Cons
pay rate, benefits
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 4, 2018
Low pay. Flexible scheduling. job consisted of sales, working the cash register, folding clothes and maintaining store appearances. Nice, entry level job.
Express
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 31, 2018
I loved to work there, I loved the people I worked with. But the management did not care about anyone but getting things done. Which is fine but at a certain point everyone was getting really sick because it was very dirty in there and also the AC would always go out sending a lot of people to the hospital.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Workplace
CASHIER, EXPRESS (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 29, 2018
Express is a great company, workers should definitely get paid more for all the work that they do. The atmosphere is great! If you are looking for a fun, easy job. this is for you
I am Top sales Person and I get no hours...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2018
Beyond stressful, dealing with wacko customers, extremely low pay, doing more than being paid for. Being barked at for not getting a credit card and NOT ENOUGH HOURS!!! I sold $20,000 of stuff in 2 months and still won't Get HOURS! I AM THE TOP SALES PERSON! I should get more hours! Crappiest Pay in the world! I can not live on 9 hours a week! AND the hours are spread out so I waste even more gas! I CAN WORK 12 hours in one day no problem. but 9 hours a week? Really? Management wonders why people quit and call in because working there sucks especially if you have talent and can sell. The new update at Cashrap doesn't let anyone get credit for the stuff they sell. If I didn't have a stupid credit card to pay, I would have quit a long time ago.
Cons
Low pay, sucky team work, people call in, credit card crazy, and only 40% off.
Busy environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 18, 2018
Working retail at Express is a very busy, mall atmosphere. I have learned to be patient with extremely rude customers. I enjoy having a discount, and the management is very helpful.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Mall setting
Great Company!
Co-Manager, Express (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 18, 2018
A company that cares about their employees. Great benefits and incentives! Favorite part about my job is the visual aspect. Love meeting new people too!
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San SalvadorOctober 15, 2018
La mejor experiencia laboral que nunca antes tuve amo mi trabajo volveria a aplicar para estar laborando en esta maravillosa empresa
This was a fast-paced, enjoyable job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 15, 2018
This job was one of the best jobs I've had. The management was incredible, the culture was wonderful, and I was constantly moving. The only downside was getting paid so little and short shifts. I could not work a whole lot because of school, but enjoyed it nonetheless.
Great
PART-TIME SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 13, 2018
The people at Express I enjoy them a lot. Flexible hours for me so I can See my wife more. The pay was great and the customers wasnt rude at all sometime.
Fantastic Company!
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2018
The bottom line of this company is excellence with integrity and it follows that 100%. This is a fantastic company to begin and grow a career in. Strongly centered on morals and values.
Good entry level job
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 10, 2018
Starts as a fun and upbeat environment. If your dedication is noticed, management positions will open up to you quickly as long as there is a position available. No commission, just an hourly pay unless you are a co or store manager, then it is a salary pay. Competitiveness among other locations/districts. Constantly on your feet and running around besides your 30 minute break. Working weekends is a requirement.
Ambiente en el trabajo bueno
Packing (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 7, 2018
Pues me gustaba mucho ya que además de packing también hacíamos cosas con las manos como libros y doblar papeles se hacía cosas diferente
District manager
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2018
The company has great incentives and rewards top performers with a company retreat staying at 5 star hotels normally in West Palm Beach Fl. This job has a lot of stress and high expectations so you must be able to multi-task and be available 24-7. The company offers great onboarding and great people to work with. The culture has changed as the company has grown and new leaders have taken over. It is not bad, however could be better.

The most enjoyable part is the great people you will work with. Typical day is 12 hours and you are expected to be on top of business 7 days a week.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours and lots of stress
a typical day at work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAOctober 3, 2018
loved working with the people i worked with. everyone was friendly and outgoing. always busy doing stuff. always gave us our regular breaks and had a lunch break
Professionaly work environment while looking good
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 30, 2018
Express was lovely to work at. While the semi-dress code is a bit of a chore sometimes, it was fair. People were professional at Express and knew what their goals and tasks during their shifts were.
Compensation was fair, revolving door of DM was frustrating
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticSeptember 29, 2018
It’s retail so of course weekends, evenings and holidays were expected. Company was very generous with employee benefits like health, dental and especially paid time off. All benefits started the first day. Some benefits were even available to part time employees.
Mid level management (district) changed and with each change came a new set of expectations and different levels of “micro- management.
The Brand itself was awesome, had a following of loyal customers both in the retail and the factory side of the business
Bonus program was a joke. Paid out quarterly, most retail is paid monthly. The formula was very difficult to ever make and even if you did, the amount was usually less than $1000 for 3 months.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, Pto, salary
Cons
Bonus program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight