ExpressCare Urgent Care Centers Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 21, 2019
Fast paced job. If you do what you are supposed to, everything is great. Employees forget this is a business and needs to be profitable; if not, it becomes a loss. Sometimes short staffed, but that secures your job. Be willing to give 150% effort, and they will return their effort. I have worked for a terrible employer - this company is far from terrible.
Pros
3 days of work per week
Cons
Busy, customer satisfaction based
Most unprofessional place I have ever worked
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 7, 2019
I was there as a full time employee and after my training I worked with a girl whom was only there prn! I knew from the moment I met her she didn’t like me! I would work 12 to 13 hours with no break I eat between patients! Then the day I worked with this lady she told my boss I was sleep on the job which never happened and when I asked her why would she do that she wanted to yell! I walked away I called my boss she told me she would talk to her the next day I got a call I was terminated! Could not even give me a reason why let alone hung up on me! I called management and no one called me back! I was always on time and didn’t need to be trained because I been doing this for 15 years! I never made one mistake with patients and got several compliments and letters from patients! Not to add their labs increased by 16% from the day I started! No one could tell me why they didn’t want me there anymore when I made their numbers shoot all the way up, that’s all they worry about as long as u do enough procedures on the patients so they can make money.That day I made twice as much labs as anyone else in there as I did everyday I worked. The woman made a nasty comment and I didn’t want to believe what she said to me but I am sure she did because I surely got confirmation from someone else that she did. I guess I wasn’t light enough to work there but I was good enough to work there when they was all scared of a black man and I handled the situation alone and escorted the man off the property while everyone was hiding and afraid! This company is unprofessional they can careless about you  more... if your not a part of their little circle because all of them are close in management! I spoke to the CEO who told me he would tell his wife to call me back because he has too much to worry about! She never called back!  less
Run dont do it!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 5, 2019
This is the worse place i have ever worked! Management is extremely rude and unprofessional. Save yourself the trouble it is not worth the hassle! They promise you a raise after your 90 days review then make excuses not to give it to you! Centers are all in bad shape and not at all properly cleaned or maintained. make this your last resort for a job!
Pros
4 days off a week
Cons
everything
Good place to go if you need a job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 3, 2019
This establishment could use an upgrade. They have leaks all over their centers and still insists upon using equipment in these unsafe conditions. You shouldn't take X-Rays if water is leaking above it and you definitely should just put a bucket over it and keep going.
Pros
Working 3 days a week
Cons
No time off
No breaks, constant push and detail of every ua spiro hcg without explaining why. Money racket like no other, labor laws never adhered to. M
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  MDDecember 21, 2018
Ma run the clinic with little or no patient care ability. Over worked under paid mas at most of the busy locations. As a rad tech with an ortho clinic on top of urgent care work 80 xrays in a 15 hour day with no help. No extra pay, no breaks, then being exspected to help the MA and doctors. Worst experience ever
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Management, egos, taking patients so late you won't get out until 11 or 12
great experience
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Great experience for those who are trying to expand their career in the medical field. Its a very busy urgent care but everyone works well and together
management is terrible there she goes in the office and is on the phone all day
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 15, 2018
does not help out when needed and the jobs she is suppose to do she has everyone else do them, if they would stop taking the last pt 15 mins before closing then some of us with familes would be home in time to see them before they fall asleep but you have little time for families, this is not a job if you have kids
worse place ever
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 4, 2018
I do not know what to say that would remotely explain the error in judgement I made in working for this company. They are only after the patients money!
Can be relaxing at times but also a challenge
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Expresscare is what you make it. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you have children or other hobbies that you pursue because the job is so time consuming. However, it might be the perfect match for someone else who I am to tell? It might change someone's life. It changed mine. I just had other priorities that I needed to take care of and other things I wanted to do in my life and I couldn't get them done with the hours that I was working at expresscare.
Pros
Pay reasonable, paid lunch break
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized at times, long hours
Good first medical receptionist job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DE 19904August 16, 2017
In this job you work on a computer all day for 13-14 hours straight. You have to greet and register patients in an appointment computer system. Apart of registering patients, besides the basic obtaining name, address, DOB and phone number, is verifying insurance eligibility and collecting balances and copays. You also have to answer phone calls usually regarding questions about duties we can perform, insurances we accept, and out of pocket costs. We also have to direct clinical calls from past patients regarding labs and medication/diagnosis questions. I learned a lot about insurances like deductibles and copayments. The patients have to sign into a kiosk that keeps them in order of arrival, but we also have an online reservation option which keeps an approximate call back time. The hardest part is dealing with angry patients when it comes to long waits, balances, and payments. Also, we work from open to close (when the last patient leaves and all of our end of the night duties are completed), meaning we work 13-14 hour shifts. You only get one 30 minute paid break in that shift.
The most enjoyable part of working for expresscare is building knowledge of the computer systems we worked with as well as insurance websites. Building communication skills, being sympathetic and making the patients feel like they would want to return if needed.
Pros
30 minute paid break, building good relationship with peers and patients
Cons
30 minute break for 13-14 hours shift
horrible
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 3, 2017
stressful, learned that if you have a question to not go to your manager, horrible management, good co-workers, hardest part was the management, the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and the weekend
A Fast Paced, Fun Enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 9, 2017
This Urgent Care was a great place to start my medical assisting career. This was my externship site and they hired me on. The hands-on knowledge that I obtained was excellent !!! The staff was great !!! The only "down side" was that they only offer 12-15 hr shifts and it just wasn't conducive to my personal schedule as a single mother of 3. Great place to work to gain knowledge and skills.
Great Place To Work
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  multiple locations in MD, DE, PANovember 14, 2016
Flexible work days with 3 day work week
Rotation of Holidays, great co-workers, great variety of illnesses and injuries
Pros
Great Experience
Productive Environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 22, 2016
I have worked here about three years and it is one of the largest growing urgent care facilities on the east coast. Very productive and a lot to learn.
Friendly place to work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 3, 2013
There is always some excitement in my everyday work. I never know what my day will hold. If we will be busy or slow and what will walk through the door. If there will be a major emergency or if its going to be colds all day. I have been able to enhance my skills as a front desk supervisor. My co-workers are great and we all get along well. The hardest part of my job is making sure that everything runs smoothly and handling irate or upset patients. I love being a supervisor and being able to improve the work life of my employees.
Pros
Not having to clock out for lunch, working as many hours as I need to
Cons
Never getting a break, working nights, feels like Im never home
Good starting point...
Collections/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 22, 2013
This company is growing more and more each year and leaves room for the employees to learn and grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExpressCare Urgent Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8